JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Euphoria - Reverse

Author Topic: Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger [Chapter Two]  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Joyo-Girl

Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger [Chapter Two]
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:33:01 PM »
Started: FriOCT10
Ended: ~~~

Guess what this one's about :D
I love the battle concert, mainly because I'm an absolute Power Rangers geek, and the VTR just inspired me to do this. It's only my third fic and my first here (check the post count - lol) so be nice. This is quite a short chapter, I was hit by a small bought of Writer's Block during the last half - Plus I make this up as I go along.

The Berryz girls are the main characters here but C-ute will appear soon and there's at least one completely made up girl. The member's will probably be out of character, but I don't know much about their individual personalities, but hey ~ Creative license.

Enjoy~  :hee:

Prologue - Meet Rena

She was on a mission and nothing could stop her. She'd built up so much momentum in the past ten minutes that she could have taken on a freight train and won.

"Sugaya-san! Sugaya-san, where are you?!"

Tsukano Rena's trainers squeaked as she rounded another corner in her furious search for the girl. Her shoelaces thwacked the walls and Rena flinched at the sound. They had come undone about three corridors ago but she didn't have time to do them up - her current mission was too important to stop for something as trivial as an undone lace.

*Squeak*

Another corner rounded and Rena began to worry about how familiar the walls were looking. Had she gone round in circles? That would be highly counterproductive - She stopped for a second. Yes, that door was familiar too. Well, not the door itself, but the sign on it. Rena sighed and began to sprint again.

"Sugaya-san!"

Doors opened at her shout but she deftly avoided each of the wooden panels, and thus certain death, before noticing that a familiar figure had turned at her voice.

"Sugaya-san!"

Almost there.

*Squeak*
*Trip*

"Wahhh!" Rena called as her feet began to tangle together. She truly had tempted fate for too long with those shoelaces. One misstep and she was now crushing Sugaya Risako into the rough carpeted floor. "Ah, I'm so sorry Sugaya-san!"

"Daijoubu, Rena-chan but could you get off me?"

Rena's eyes widened and she stood as quickly as she could. She then offered a hand to help the blue clad girl up to her feet. Risako accepted the offer and allowed herself to be yanked up into a standing position.

"What's wrong?"

"Eh? Oh, Natsuyaki-san and Tokunaga-san were looking to talk to you. They said it was important and they sent me to find you. I'm really sorry about running into you." Rena rushed out before taking a breath and bowing quite low.

Risako just let out a small laugh at how flustered and apologetic the girl was.

"Where are Miya and Chinami then?"

"They said they'd see you at the park, I think." I hope She thought They did say the park didn't they?

"Thank you Rena-chan. But didn't I tell you to call me Rii-chan?"

"Sorry, Suga~ Rii-chan" Amended Rena her face flushing in shy embarrassment. Confidence had never been her strongest point.

Risako sighed. "I supposed I'd better go then. Oh and Rena?"

"Hai?"

"Next time, do up your shoelaces." A large smile and then she left leaving Rena to stand in the hallway and catch her breath.

Meet Tsukano Rena.
Fourteen years old.
Nervous.

It was actually amazing how much she had to be reminded to call someone by their first name or a nickname. Risako herself must have told her a thousand times, but that didn't matter, Rena would always slip back into formal address

and Rena had been acquainted with Risako and her circle of friends for at least a year!

It must be because I admire them so much. She realised when she asked herself why she was so nervous around them. They're such good people

Meet Tsukano Rena.
Fourteen years old.
Nervous.
Wants to be like Sugaya Risako.

Yeah, the end is really bad...
I just had a pretty good idea of what importance Rena will have but the main characters ARE Berryz+Cute

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 11:31:48 PM by Joyo-Girl »
Witty Comment...

Offline Joyo-Girl

Re: Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger [FriOct10]
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:24:15 AM »
Okay, so no replies yet... Oh well. Here's chapter one a.k.a the one where Miyabi, Chinami and Maasa appear!
Enjoy :whistle:   Eh~ It's a little blah, but these are just the opening chapters... It should get interesting when C-ute appear

Chapter One - Warera! Berryz Kamen

AT THE PARK

"Do you think Risako already knows?" Miyabi asked her friend in the tree with a curious look.

"Hard to tell. You know what Rii's like - she probably wouldn't care anyway," Replied Chinami from her perch on a low tree branch. Reclining slightly she continued "But Maa-chan'll knock some sense into her."

Miyabi smirked and tapped her nose imagining the scene. It wasn't difficult - Risako was usually the one getting some sense knocked into her. It was no secret that she could get a little big for her boots but Maasa was always speedy on the intercept and never let her go too far.

"Hey Miya?"

"Hmm?" She replied leaning against the tree.

"I don't think I've ever asked you before, but how did you meet Maasa? You've known her way longer than any of us."

Miyabi smiled. She hadn't thought about that in a while.

"School. In the first few years... honestly, at first she terrified me!" Miyabi couldn't help joining in Chinami's laughter when she finished her sentence. "but..."

She always seemed sad.

Sudou Maasa. The new girl. Transferred from a bigger city. Tough attitude, even for a young girl. She always seemed so standoff-ish and unapproachable - at lunch she would just sit on a bench, maybe read a bit, and watch the various games being played. She just didn't join in.

Miyabi was genuinely frightened of Maasa when she first stepped into the classroom and introduced herself in the most bored voice she'd ever heard. Eventually Miyabi's fear vanished and was replaced by ultimate curiosity. She wanted to know why Maasa didn't speak unless spoken to or join in the games she so obviously wanted to. Miyabi wanted to help, but she didn't know how, she also... wasn't sure how to approach her. Until one day...

"A~ Maa-chan?" Began Miyabi walking towards the girl crouched over a big book. "Maa-chan?"

She looked up from the words with a stunned expression on her face.

"I'm Natsuyaki Miyabi... would you like to play with me, Maa-chan?"

"You called me 'Maa-chan'... I haven't heard that in a while." She closed the book with a smile. The first smile Miyabi had seen from her. "Alright Miya, what are you doing?"

Miyabi just beamed for a second.

"Aww..." Cooed Chinami. "BFFs!"

"You laugh too much and you'll fall out of the tree 'Nami." Warned a new voice.

"Don't worry about me Maasasa, I have excellent balance."

"Maasasa!? Okay, what the hell? Where did you get that from?"

"Does it matter?" Challenged Chinami with a brilliant, if mischevious, smile.

Miyabi pushed away from the tree and laughed at the expression on Maasa's face in comparison to Chinami's before she stepped over to Maasa and put her hand on the red-faced girl's shoulder.

"It's okay Maa-chan. At least it's cute!" She attempted to console. It didn't work. In fact, it helped her take a step towards angrier.  "China~mi."

"Okay Miya. I'm sorry Riida."

Maasa opened her mouth to say something else but was cut off by a yell in the distance.

"Hey, it's Rii-chan!"

Indeed it was. Risako was running towards them from the gates at the far end of the park waving her right arm above her head with some enthusiasm.
And for no reason.
She slowed as she got closer to the congregation by the tree and arranged her jacket back onto her shoulder.

"Er... Rii? Didn't we tell you that we don't need you to fail about? Trust us, we know when you're coming." Said Chinami tapping the small handbag hanging by her side.

"But it's fun," Risako replied with more than a ghost of a pout. "and besides, you know you do it too!"

Maasa let out a bark of laughter and clipped Chinami on the toe in revenge.

"Rena found you then?" Miyabi asked and waited for Risako's nod.  "When we asked her to tell you she went running off like her hair was on fire."

"Same as when she found me. So what's so important about this then?"

"You'll have to wait until the others get here first, then we can talk about it."

So Risako sat down next to the tree and stared up at the sky for a bit. Miyabi and Chinami talked about this and that and Maasa fiddled about with her phone, looking very focused about it too. After about ten minutes of paying next to no attention to the conversation passing above her, Risako felt her eyes drifting shut - she wasn't tired, it was just something to do - she let her thoughts drift around and in the end started thinking about nothing.

"Why is Risako meditating?"

At that her eyes popped open.

"Momoko!" She leaped up to grab the shorter girl in a brief hug. She'd been away for the past week visiting relatives and everyone was glad to see her back. "I wasn't meditating."

"Ah, 'thinking about nothing' again?"

"Mmhmm... Hey Saki!"

Saki smiled a large smile in response to the genki greeting before turning to the tall girl by her side and whispering something to her. The tall girl nodded with a look of comprehension and glanced towards Momoko.

"Everyone! This is our new friend Kumai Yurina!"

A chorus of 'Ah's and 'Hai's could be heard for a few seconds before the customary rush to engulf the girl in a group hug. Miyabi yelled in pain as an elbow met her side and Saki stumbled into Momoko but it was all in the spirit of tradition. And from the look on Yurina's face, no-one had told her about this part.

When everyone slowly let go they automatically formed a circle and Momoko leaned forwards conspiritorally.

"She knows"

"E~?"

"Why?"

"Who told?"

"Shut up." Said Maasa firmly. "Momo told her."

"Bu-"

"Yurina," Nodded Maasa "tell 'em"

Yurina 'mm'ed in response before fishing around in her bag. After a few seconds of search the look on her face told the others that her fingers had grasped what she wanted.

She presented the item in the middle of the circle and there was absolute silence.

"Where did you get that?" Asked Chinami slowly.

"I- I just found it."

Another second or two passed and Yurina looked more and more worried as time went on, wondering if she'd done something wrong.

"Yurina, that's... AWESOME!" Miyabi yelled engulfing the girl to her right in another hug.

"Yep," said Momoko. "You're one of us."

"Berryz KAMEN!!!"
Witty Comment...

Offline slasha

• Member+
Re: Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger [SatOct11]
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:24:47 PM »
First!!

This is a pretty good story. I hope I get to find out more about this Rena, she sounds interesting.

I like the humor too. I hope the Berryz Kamen will go on a lot of adventures.

Offline Joyo-Girl

Re: Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger [SatOct11]
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:15:12 PM »
@ slasha I'm glad you think that this is a pretty good story. The writing style's more juvenile in terms of expression than I usually mess around with, but it's kind of called for... Hello! Power Rangers inspired!

Anyway, keep reading and good timing because I just started drafting the second chapter! Expect it soon
Witty Comment...

Offline Joyo-Girl

Re: Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger [Chapter Two]
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 12:26:49 AM »
This is a little Yurina focused chapter, just to incorporate her into the group properly before the real plot starts up.
I know nothing about the foodstuff mentioned in the beginning of this chapter, but please pretend I do. But this entire section is inspired by Marshmallow Night... I swear there will be some action soon. I just need to think of it first, but I've already written most of C-ute's intro chapter I, er, just have to get far enough plot wise to introduce them.

:dunno:

Anyway, DOUZO!

Chapter Two - Tradition (Yurina Focused)

Ramen Night.

A firmly established tradition. Ever since Saki brought a bunch of instant ramen packs to a sleepover the second Saturday of June had been dubbed 'Ramen Night'. Each member of the group took it in turns to host Ramen Night and due to her recent induction into the team it was Yurina's turn.

And she had no idea what to do.

"Ramen Night?" She had asked when it was declared that she was to be the newest hostess. "What's that?"

"Tradition" Was all she got in the way of a reply.

Momoko had kindly given her the guidelines later. She isn't to supply the ramen, that's everyone elses job. Make sure that everyone will be able to fit in one room and make sure that there is enough caffeine to last all night. If not all night at least into the early morning.

Yurina was still nervous about the whole affair. She hadn't had so many people over all at once before and what her mother would think of the noise/mess would be interesting. But she was determined to do her best because they were now her friends, and friends, no matter how new or old the acquaintance, should always be treated with the utmost hospitality.

By half past six on the evening of Ramen Night she was already doing her best to entertain Chinami and Risako who had turned up earlier than she had expected.

As Yurina had been told, they brought plenty of ramen with them. Enough to last a small family about a month she calculated by the time everyone arrived. She was relieved when she was told that they didn't have to eat it all that night.

At about half past seven the final condition of Ramen Night was revealed to Yurina.

A Twister tournament, which Saki won with little competition.

Yurina couldn't help but smile for almost the whole night. She could feel herself getting closer to this tightknit group as the night wore on and couldn't thank the fate that gave her that ridiculous plastic phone enough.

"You said you found the communicator." Said Miyabi when the Twister mat had been put away and there were several empty bowls surrounding them. "Where?"

"I was walking along and then someone bumped into me... they dropped it and I tried to follow them to give it back, but they disappeared."

"Then she ran into me and Saki." Chipped in Momoko from the corner, pausing her drink halfway to her mouth. Pinky out, of course. "Couldn't believe it when we saw it."

"Must have been... eh, hard to explain." Commented Risako. Momoko nodded.

"And to understand."

Comfortable silence reigned for a few minutes while everyone got back to chewing on various snacks.

Yurina fiddled with her skirt for a bit, watching the ends fray with little interest before looking up at each of the people sitting in the room. Miyabi's hair was massive, but it seemed to be trained that way so Yurina didn't say anything. Risako was fiddling with her skirt too, only she was flattening it. Not like Yurina, who had been out to destroy hers. Maasa and Saki had organised a staring contest and Yurina watched as Saki's smile grew and eventually let loose a laugh. And Chinami

"What colour are you?"

Was asking her what colour she was.

"E~? What do you mean?"

"She means what colour your suit is." Supplied Saki.

"... I don't know. What colour are you Chinami?"

"Pink"

"I think she's purple. She looks like a purple. Do you like purple Yurina-chan?" Momoko was set on rapid-fire.

"I guess so."

"I think Momo's right." added Miyabi. "Anyway, any guess is a good guess. There's not much to choose from."

"Green." Said Maasa and Risako at the same time, sharing a look.

"We'll find out when the time is right." Chinami tagged on.

When everyone left the next morning Yurina was relieved. All that talk of 'what colour she was' had been a little intimidating. She didn't know how to fight... this could be a disaster.

But the most immediate disaster was the state in which the room they'd stayed in was.

Yurina sighed and smiled.

At least it was made by friends
Witty Comment...

Offline slasha

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 12:10:51 AM »
Seems like Momo shouldn't had gotten any caffine

I wish I could have a ramen night though it sounds fun.

Offline Joyo-Girl

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:19:32 PM »
Thanks for commenting again slasha.

The next update may take some time, I'm having a couple of problems with it. :doh:

It'll be up at some point
Witty Comment...

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 03:38:56 AM »
The story seems interesting. hehehe. Keep it up. And Ramen night?? It seems a good idea to try out with my friends. hehehehehe.  :D

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Euphoria - Reverse