JPHiP Radio (35/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toe - Say It Ain`t So

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 316135 times)

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
Re: Runaway from the Past
« Reply #460 on: June 20, 2008, 07:44:59 AM »
@strawb3rrykream: i really get excited when i write my updates... and yes, yossui's dad is an a**!

I really enjoy the way you illustrate the 2 of them.

thanks...

It's as though nothing said/done can affect them because of the mutual trust and love.

we'll see about that... after all, they've been living together for less than a month...

But if Miki can appear more often, that will be wow..Oh well, I just want to see what Miki and Yossi talk about because of their rather peculiar relationship.

... i want to hear that from them myself...

Anyway, Jin doesn't sound like someone of high position or all with his childish actions and comments. He just sounds like an asshole beggar! (Nothing against you but I'm against him )

i hear you... that's probably what he really is...

Oh, I almost forgot about the needle. Will that be the fatal object that breaks the bubble?

... i have three needles in my hand... which one will it be? ... maybe i can use all three... will it hit Rika's side or Yossui's side of the bubble? ... the suspense is killing me...

I hope you can write soon what happened between ishiyoshi after her dad left.

(san, ni, ichi. SE NO~) UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (a short one, but nonetheless, an update... man i miss doing this...)

Rika and Hitomi were alone as the elevator ascended them to the 19th floor. They were both silent and a few inches apart. Who could say anything after another heated encounter with Jin?

Hitomi finally broke the silence. “Rika, gomen… I am sorry you had to hear him say that.”

Rika closed the distance and took Hitomi’s hand. “Mai and Ayaka told me how bad your relationship with your father was. I kinda expected that from him. Don’t apologize, To-chan… It’s not your fault…”

Hitomi scratched behind her ear, thinking if she should explain to Rika or not. “Ano… About Miki…”

Rika didn't want to talk about Miki as much as she didn't want to talk about Kotaro but Jin speech earlier lit up her curiosity a bit. “They told me about her too… The two of you might have had a very intimate relationship then but it’s over now, isn’t it?” Rika paused waiting for a response.

Hitomi did not answer her. Even though she wanted to say ‘yes, it’s over’ or something along that line, something kept her from speaking. She didn’t know what.

Rika did not know what to make of Hitomi’s silence. Was it because she was just intently listening to Rika, waiting for what Rika has to say? Or is because it wasn’t really over? Or maybe because it wouldn’t be proper to speak of their pasts like that. Rika sighed deeply hoping that the reason was the lattermost. “She’s a part of you already and I can’t make you take her out of your life completely. I love you for who you are now and she’s a part of that. I know who I am and although I don’t really know who she is, I know I’ll never be a substitute for anyone…”

Hitomi was relieved that Rika didn’t dwell on the question and was thankful that her lover trusted her. “… You’re so amazing…” That was all Hitomi managed to say. Her past with Miki wasn’t exactly pleasant and she didn’t like talking about it—she didn’t even like thinking about it. She always filtered her thoughts whenever her mind contemplates their past together.

Rika leaned on her shoulder. “I also believe that you didn’t just use her for entertainment… because I know you’re not like that… What your father says doesn’t matter… He doesn’t know anything about you… or us…”

Hitomi was glad Rika felt that way. Silence filled the lift again which was approaching its destination. The doors slid open and gave them passage to the hall to their home.

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #461 on: June 20, 2008, 08:05:33 AM »
Hitomi did not answer her. Even though she wanted to say ‘yes, it’s over’ or something along that line, something kept her from speaking. She didn’t know what.

Rika did not know what to make of Hitomi’s silence. Was it because she was just intently listening to Rika, waiting for what Rika has to say? Or is because it wasn’t really over? Or maybe because it wouldn’t be proper to speak of their pasts like that. Rika sighed deeply hoping that the reason was the lattermost. “She’s a part of you already and I can’t make you take her out of your life completely. I love you for who you are now and she’s a part of that. I know who I am and although I don’t really know who she is, I know I’ll never be a substitute for anyone…”
Maybe I am just been skeptical..this ^ gives me a bad feeling though..(is that an indication that the needle will be out soon?) :D

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2008, 09:12:13 AM »
Maybe I am just been skeptical..this ^ gives me a bad feeling though..(is that an indication that the needle will be out soon?) :D

we will see...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two stepped of the lift and walked the twenty steps to their flat. Hitomi took out her keys and opened the door, letting Rika enter first before herself. The room welcomed them with darkness but with the flip of a switch, the room was illuminated.

They walked in and dumped themselves on the couch, tired from the day’s commute and the encounter a few minutes ago.

Hitomi, all of a sudden, remembered something of great importance. She bolted up from the couch. “Damn. I forgot to check my car!”

“Do you want us to go down to check in the basement parking?”

“I’ll go alone. I know you’re tired. It’s best if you stay here…” Hitomi held Rika down by the shoulder.

Rika conceded with a nod. “Okay… I’ll prepare dinner while you’re gone… What do you want to eat?”

“… I don’t know… Hmm… Just fried chicken… That’s easy to prepare, ne?~”

“Okay… we’ll have fried chicken for dinner…”

“I’ll be back soon…” Hitomi ran out the flat and accidentally slammed the door hoping Eri did her task, leaving Rika behind on the couch alone. She slowly stood up and walked to the kitchen. She took out the chicken from the chiller. Although she did her best to keep Jin’s little speech off her mind, she couldn’t. After all, Hitomi didn’t answer her question.

She ducked at the pantry looking for breading. “I know Ayaka kept one in here…” She looked at each shelf and each drawer she just couldn’t find that pack of instant breading. She looked around for a possible substitute. Fried Chicken was good but breaded fried chicken was better. I know I’ll never be a substitute for anyone…She found bread crumbs from the pack of bagels. She can do with that.

She covered the chicken wings with the bread crumbs and heated some oil in the deep fryer. As the chicken wings simmered in the oil, she thought about what she told Hitomi earlier. She knew what she said and she meant it but she felt foolish for testing the waters with both feet. Hitomi didn’t answer the question.

The chicken wings slowly turned from white to golden brown. Funny, the appendages that gave the bird flight was now on their plate, stripped of its white feathers, chopped away from the chicken and fried to a golden crisp, about to be eaten. Rika took out her cellphone, pressed the number 2 and the call button. Because Hitomi didn't answer the question.

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »
2 is Ayaka right? Oh damn, are we having a second set of FYI in here? Please tell me not :( Why can't Yossi just answer the question????

Now I get why you are frustrated with Yossi and how things are over in FYI because it must be 10000times worse :P

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
“She’s a part of you already and I can’t make you take her out of your life completely. I love you for who you are now and she’s a part of that. I know who I am and although I don’t really know who she is, I know I’ll never be a substitute for anyone…”

can I say awww too.?.   awww   :wub:  there you go... and very optimistic, go Rika  :otomerika: 

Rika took out her cellphone, pressed the number 2 and the call button. Because Hitomi didn't answer the question.

and not so optimistic, okay maybe I'd do the same if my rabu-rabu would not give an answer too  XD

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #465 on: June 20, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT TODAY, JUNE 20, 2008, I CLICKED THE LINK TO BE 4414th VIEWER OF THIS THREAD!!!!

I JUST WANT TO COMMEMORATE THIS SINCE I WASN'T THE 1444th PERSON... BECAUSE THIS IS AN ISHIYOSHI FIC AND I AM AN ISHIYOSHI WORSHIPPER (YOSHI-ISHI)

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE VIEWED MY THREAD... (i probably viewed this myself around 1000 times so to everyone else who actually visited and was added to the counter, thanks)

2 is Ayaka right? Oh damn, are we having a second set of FYI in here?

yes, mai is on 3 and ayumi is on 4... but no... because I have no plans of having my back painted with a target and have knives thrown at me... and because i love you, tito... we go to F.Y.I for the angst and "what is love?" ... we go here for sugary sweetness and "i hate yossui's dad"

Why can't Yossi just answer the question????

because...
Her past with Miki wasn’t exactly pleasant and she didn’t like talking about it—she didn’t even like thinking about it.

can I say awww too.?.   awww     there you go... and very optimistic, go Rika

and not so optimistic, okay maybe I'd do the same if my rabu-rabu would not give an answer too 

... me too...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“… Yes… It’s okay… I understand… Please don’t tell Hicchan… I just got worried… Hai… Thank you.” Rika hung up her phone just in time as she heard Hitomi’ key slide in the keyhole. Whatever she asked Ayaka over the phone didn't matter now. She had to devote her time and attention to her To-chan who was famished and tired.

“I’m back, Ka-chan!” Hitomi yelled into the room. She glad that her car was really downstairs and she was now back in the flat alone with Rika.

“To-chan, dinner is ready!” Rika yelled back, beckoning Hitomi to the table.

She brought out the golden brown breaded fried chicken to the dinner table where Hitomi was already seated, waiting for the food. “I didn’t cook rice anymore. You had too much spaghetti for lunch.”

Hitomi protested, preferring to eat carbs with chicken. “Aww, Ka-chan…”

“You're going to get fat…”

“Fine… No rice for me tonight…” Hitomi answered, defeated by the thought of losing her tight abs.

“Good.” Rika brought out glasses and a pitcher of orange juice on a tray before finally seating herself across Hitomi on the table. Hitomi ate with her hands while Rika carefully deboned the chicken with her fork and knife on  plate before devouring the morsel of chicken, very much like how a lady would.

“Ka-chan…”

“Hmm? What is it, To-chan?”

Out of the blue, Hitomi asked, “… Why are you so beautiful?...” Hitomi lovingly looked at Rika cupping her own face with her clean hand and her elbow on the table.

Rika blushed. That was the first time Hitomi looked at her like that. Like a lovesick puppy. “It must be the dress… … …  keep your elbow off the table. That’s improper.” She just had to hide the giddiness she felt inside.

She ignored Rika’s scolding and kept on complementing Rika. “… I love your eyes… and your lips… It’s the perfect shape… I just love everything about you…”

“To-chan…”

“Well, it’s true!”

“… What do you want?”

“What do I want?”

“Yeah… You, complimenting me like this? There’s got to be something you want to ask from me…”

“No… I didn’t think of that—” Hitomi perked up.

Rika quickly cut her off before she actually asks for something. “Well then, the offer is up…”

“Hey… no fair…” Hitomi just figured out something she wanted from Rika.

“If you’re not asking anything from me for your compliments… the offer shouldn’t matter to you…”

Hitomi was bummed but Rika was right. “… I really just wanted to tell you how beautiful you are… When I was downstairs checking the car, I couldn’t keep my mind off you…”

“… I was thinking of you too…”

“Really?”

“Yes… I think about you all the time..."

Hitomi took the last bite off the last chicken wing. “Well, that just made me very happy…”

The two of them stared at each other for a few minutes without saying a word. Hitomi quickly stood up and leaned across the table to kiss Rika on the forehead. “… I love you… Ka-chan... ”

“To-chan… … I love you too…”
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:38:46 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #466 on: June 20, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »
Damn it's 5 am over here.......ISHIYOSHI sugar!! :P :wub: :wub: Ok, good that the angst is kept safely out of reach of RFP - will be quite sad when it does ;) And congrats on your 4414post..you probably have great fortune after years of worshipping :grin:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #467 on: June 21, 2008, 12:25:40 AM »
^I'm miles away from my 4414th post... i was just celebrating that this thread has been viewed 4414 times and I'm that 4414th viewer... sorry for the confusion... i lack sleep...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:33:13 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #468 on: June 21, 2008, 02:09:17 AM »
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rika wiped her hands dry on the kitchen towel after the mundane task of washing the dishes which she volunteered to do. Rika knew Hitomi and looked tired and that she wasn't used to the commute.

Hitomi, meanwhile, was on the couch she abandodned earlier for her car. She laid of the soft cushions face down, burrying her face in one of the small pillows populating her couch. She was so busy getting comfortable that she didn't notice Rika join her in the living room.

"To-chan... Are you asleep?"

"No, Ka-chan... just tired..." Hitomi's answer was muffled by the pillow but Rika was able to comprehend.

"Do you want me to get your blankets from your room?"

"No..."

"Okay..." Rika started to walk to her room but not without patting her To-chan's head.

Just as gentle hand hand left her head, Hitomi reached for it. "Ka-chan... stay with me here... please?"

Rika looked down lovingly at the pleading Hitomi and smiled. There was no room for her on the couch, so she settled on the recliner just beside the couch.

"Ka-chan... Why didn't you sit beside me?"

"There's no space on the couch for me..."

Hitomi sat up and streched her legs on the coffee table. "There..." She patted the newly vacated space.

Rika obliged the request and moved beside Hitomi, assuming the same position.

Hitomi laughed. "When I was in Japan, I would scold Ken and Seito for putting their feet on the table."

Rika leaned on Hitomi's shoulder. "That's what you older siblings do... My sisters used to scold me all the time too..."

"Hey, we gotta do what we gotta do..." Hitomi placed her arm around Rika's shoulder.

"I guess... But if we would have a baby, would we scold the baby all the time?"

"I don't think so... I know you would raise the baby well..."

"Do you want a boy or a girl?"

"I don't care... whatever the gender of the baby will be, I'm sure, she or he will either be as beautiful as you or as handsome as me... What about you? Boy or Girl?"

"I think I'd prefer a girl..."

"... I think girls are easier to take care of... boys tend to be noisy and rowdy..."

"Yeah... i think so too... but a boy would be okay too... it sounds pretty exciting..."

"... You seem to want to have a baby now..."

"That's because you're here with me... But if I'm not pregnant... ..."

"Everything's going to be okay... I told you, remember, with or without the baby, I will take care of you..." Hitomi took Rika's hand and gave it a kiss.

"To-chan..."

"Hmm...?"

"Do I make you happy?"

"As a matter of fact, yes, you do... Why did you ask?"

"I just wanted to know if i make you happy because you make me happy... I thought it would be unfair if I was the only one happy here..."

"You make me very happy everyday..."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 02:38:42 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #469 on: June 21, 2008, 03:35:25 AM »
Mushy mushy ishiyoshi makes me happy too! :wub: :wub: Can I join in the shout? UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!

tito's advice: finish this story before your 4414 post because maybe you will be like sweeety who refuses to post after that number (hers being 666) :P :lol:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #470 on: June 21, 2008, 04:59:09 AM »
^sure... it's a good way to destress...

i will only finally stop posting after my... 14, 444, 414th post... if i ever reach that number... the fic and crazy comments all over the place will go on

(San, Ni, Ichi SE NO~) UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"May, Wag ka nang magalit. Hindi lang talaga ako nakahiram ng kotse..." (May, please don't get mad. I really just wasn't able to borrow a  car...) Dan attempted to dodge the pots and pans that came flying to his direction.

Mayumi was hysterical, throwing things about in their one room apartment and yelling at her boyfriend.

"Puro ka na lang palusot, Dan! Lunes pa lang may usapan na tayo! Anong petsa na? Ikaw na ang nagsabing naiinip na si Baldo!" (You're all excuses, Dan! We've been talking about this since Monday! Do you realize what date it is? You said yourself that Baldo is getting impatient!)

"Alam ko... pero mahirap talaga yung pinapagawa mo... paano nga kung mapatay natin yung bata?" (I know... but what you're asking me to do is hard... what if the kid dies?)

"Mabuti nang yung bata ang mamatay kaysa naman tayong dalawa!" (It's better that the kid dies instead of us two!)

"Di ko hahayaang may masamang mangyari sa atin!" (I won't let something bad happen to us!)

"Nagsalita ka dyan. Wala ka namang pakinabang. Duwag ka lang! Wala ka lang atang bayag! Puro ka lang yabang" (Speak for yourself. You're useless. You're just a coward! I don't think you have the balls! You're all talk)

"Wag mo akong pagsasalitaan ng ganyan!" (Don't you dare speak to me like that!)

"Pwes, gumawa ka ng paraan! Ano sa tingin mo ang gagawin sa atin ni Baldo pag di natin siya mabawi? Wala na tayong perang isosoli sa kanya!" (Well, find a way! What do you think will Baldo do to us if we don't get her back? We don't have the money to return to him!)

Mayumi was crying now. She really didn't know what to do. She knew Baldo but despite their "professional" ties in the past, he is merciless when it comes to failure in operations. "Sinabi ko naman sayo dati, tayo na lang ang bumugaw kay Rika... mas mababa man ang bayad, kita pa rin... Ikaw lang naman ang nagpilit na ibenta na yun kay Baldo e..." (I told you before we could pimp Rika ourselves... even if the rates would be lower, we would still earn... You're the one who insisted that we sell her to Baldo...)

She leaned against the wall. She was scared. She found it difficult to breathe.

"'Tang ina nya... Akala mo naman tayo may kasalanan at may kumuha kay Rika dun... Tanga siya. Bakit siya nagpatalo dun sa lalaking yun? Sinuntok lang siya, tulog na siya agad..." (He's a SOB... As if it was our fault that someone took Rika... He's stupid. Why did he let that guy beat him. He fell in one punch...) Dan sat on the floor, slamming his fist on the cold concrete floor.

"Wala naman tayong magagawa e..." (We can't do anything anyway...) Mayumi wiped her tears with her hands. "Kailangan na lang natin mabawi si Rika... Kung nasaan man siya" (We just need to get Rika back... Wherever she may be)

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #471 on: June 21, 2008, 10:19:29 AM »
Assholes those people! :angry:

Oh well, actually, I'm kinda anticipating the day when they find Rika..Go Yoshi! Bash them up!! :angry:  :lol:

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #472 on: June 21, 2008, 11:30:17 PM »
what the hell!! I don't like those people at all man

GANGABE YOSSY!!!!
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #473 on: June 21, 2008, 11:57:40 PM »
UPDATEEEEEEE!!!! YAY!! :onioncheer:

mmm so sweet ishiyoshi  :wub:, but... Rika's family is a ---- *censored about a minute* :mon mad:

^^ well... like i was saying... i forgot what i wanted to write... so you called Miki to the fanfic no~~ i told you~~ NOOOOO (the voices come to my mind) get off yomiki voices!!!  :mon ghost:

yoshi yoshi ishi yoshi XD great number too... :mon thumb:

some time ago i didn't like so much this pairing, but i realized that it is very sweet and lovely, they're in my top 5 now  :mon determined:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #474 on: June 22, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »
@tito: i anticipate that day too... i really hope yossui beats them up good... GO YOSSUI!!!

@poets: YOU'RE HERE!!!!! ... i don't like them either....

@Yukari: ... it's just the wind, Yukari... it's good that this pairing has climbed up in your list...

(those who want to shout along... SAN, NI, ICHI, SE NO~!) UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (short non-ishiyoshi)

"Ma... bakit hindi na umuuwi si Ate Rika dito?" (Mom... why doesn't Rika come home here anymore?) The little boy looked out the window.

"Jr, si Tita Mayumi mo ang nanay niya. Syempre, mas gusto nila, sila ang magkasama. Mas masaya ang pamilya kung magkakasama sila" (Jr, your tita Mayumi is her mom. Of course, they would prefer to be together. A family is happier when they're together) Eula comforted her son by patting him on the head and kissing him on the cheek.

"Kung masaya siya sa kanila, bakit siya umiiyak siya nung nakitira siya dito?" (If she's happy there, why was she crying when she move in here with us?) Jr looked up to his mother, hoping that his little argument can make her take Rika back from his tita Mayumi.

Eula fell silent. He didn't know what to tell her son. He doesn't know that Rika ran away from her stepmother's home. She herself didn't know what was going on. All she knows is that about a month and a half ago, Rika just appeared on their doorstep, bruised, crying and mute. All Eula could do was provide her lodging and food as her bruises healed. Eula dared not ask Mayumi what had happened to Rika. There was something in the young woman's expression then that told Eula that she didn't want to go back to Mayumi's. Then, after about three weeks, Mayumi showed up, spoke with Rika privately and then both left the house together.

Eula was very worried about Rika as she treated her sister's stepdaughter like her own family but Mayumi doesn'tlike having people meddle with her life and could sometimes turn violent when things don't go her way. But the young boy was innocent, he didn't know about the bruises and didn't mind that Rika was mute as long as she was smiling. Eula couldn't take that innocence from her son just because of baseless speculation.

"Jr, kung nasaan man ang Ate Rika mo ngayon, sigurado ako, masaya siya at iniisip ka niya..."  (Jr, wherever your Ate Rika may be, I'm sure she's happy and she's thinking of you...)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:03:10 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #475 on: June 22, 2008, 03:11:33 AM »
Translate the last line! I want to know what it means!!!!!! XD XD :lol:

This just shows that it is wonderful and totally awesome for Rika to meet Yossi...her life has changed for the better..... :)

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #476 on: June 22, 2008, 06:59:05 AM »
^ whoops... i totally forgot to translate that one... i'll edit it as soon as i post this update...

yeah... yossui's rules!!! (in here... not in FYI)

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

“Yoshizawa-san, I need to speak with you as soon as possible. I hope to be on video conference with you in 30 minutes. We have an important matter to discuss.”

Hitomi bolted from her bed after reading the email from Aya. She quickly dressed up and picked up her briefcase and ran out her room. She was just about to wear her shoes to storm out the room when she remembered Rika. She was going to leave Rika alone in the middle of the night.

Hitomi walked back and went to Rika’s room. She took out the sketchpad from the bedside drawer and scribbled a note. She placed the sketchpad under Rika’s phone on the bedside table. Hitomi looked down at her sleeping angel and smiled as she brushed away the strands of long brown hair from Rika’s face. She bent down and gave Rika a kiss on the forehead before finally turning her back and walking away. “I’ll be back soon, Ka-chan” She whispered softly.

She gently closed the door and slightly cringed at hearing the doorknob’s mechanism click. She didn’t know if Rika was a light sleeper. She just hoped she didn’t wake Rika up.

Running out of their home, she quickly dialed Ayaka’s number on her cell phone.

“Moshi moshi…”

“Ayaka… …. You’re still awake at this hour?!”

“Naturally, I’d be asleep but I received an email from Aya… I’m in the office setting up… you’re on your way, I presume?”

“Yes… I’ll be there in about twenty minutes… establish link ASAP. Thank you.”

“Alright… Yoshiko, take care while driving…”

==

Hitomi’s BMW Z4 zoomed through the empty streets of Makati. The tone in which Aya spoke did not leave room for optimism. She sounded very worried. Hitomi couldn’t help but get worried herself.

What her father said earlier replayed in her mind. Many stockholders of Matsuura Motors may have abandoned ship but that sort of thing happens all the time in business. It shouldn’t be that much of a problem. Eventually, it would be their loss and not the company’s.

Hitomi has beaten three red lights already. Thank God, the traffic management group in the Philippines sleeps. She didn’t want to make Aya wait. They were partners now. Making Aya wait would be unfair.

She quickly parked her car and entered the lift which was already on the basement parking level. The lift ascended quickly as if it sensed the urgency of Hitomi’s 2:00 am return to the office.

Hitomi ran to the conference room even befor the elevator doors were fully open. Finally entering the conference room, she saw on the screen Matsuura Aya waiting for her.

“Yoshizawa-san, I’m sorry if I called you late.” Aya bowed in apology and in greeting.

“It’s alright… What’s happened? Why did you call?”

“You know I wouldn’t call you to the office at such hour if it wasn’t about business… but at the same time… it’s about Miki…”

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #477 on: June 22, 2008, 07:06:43 AM »
I hope the thing between the businesses stays good. I mean, you never know, but I'm glad that stuff is fine. But MIKIIIIII! NOOOOO! WHAT'S WRONG?!?!?!?! CAPS LOCK!!!!!!!!! XD But foreal, what's wrong? :cry:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #478 on: June 22, 2008, 07:42:01 AM »
^ here's what's wrong...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

"... What about business and Miki?"

"Well... You know how much my father want's her out of the company, right?"

"Yes..."

"And you know how much he opposed the merger, right?"

"Yes... He hates me too..."

"He's influencing the older stockholders to pull out their investment..."

It was just as Hitomi's father said. "We did expect that to happen, didn't we?"

"Yes, we did... but he's playing a different game now..."

"What do you mean?"

"There are some suggestions to the board to split up the company. The aviation dept. will stay in the merger, the automotive dept, the larger portion, will be a stand alone company again."

Hitomi pieced the puzzle quickly without difficulty-- she has seen this move before. "Let me guess... you will handle the auto dept. and Miki will lose her job..."

"Yes..." Tears welled up in Aya's eyes.

Hitomi knew this trick by heart. Not because she has employed it herself but because she has seen her father use this tactic to many companies in the past. Divide and conquer-- he called it. The move wouldn't just leave Miki unemployed, it would also weaken Hitomi's hold on the new Y.M AviMotoCor. "I think my father might have a hand in this..."

"What? What makes you think so..."

"Well, I never thought your father could play it as dirty as this... and because To-san mentioned both your company and Miki when he ambushed us."

"Do you think they're still moving to get you and Miki together?"

"I don't know... ... but... you can outmanuever them, you know?"

"How?"

"Take the smaller company..."

"The board will never approve..."

"You wouldn't need their approval if you buy them out..."

Aya was lost. It was either she didn't understand what Hitomi was saying or the plan was unthinkable for her.

"After they split the company, sell all of your own stocks from the Auto half, then buy more than half of the aviation half. You do have enough money, don't you?"

"... I think so... I'll think about this strategy of yours......"

"Think about it well... based on what I've seen, there's an 80% chance of success if you pick what they don't anticipate... Is that all?"

"No... actually... Miki's father met up with me today..."

"... What?"

"He told me that he will quit from AviMotoCor's engineering team if Miki and I don't break up..."

"Well, we don't need him... Miki's way better than him anyway... that is if you allow her to work in the field and not in the office..."

"... I know... I'm willing to send her to the field if it is necessary... but the stockholders and clients might lose confidence in teh company if he abandons ship..."

"I don't care about the stockholders... I'll buy them all out if I have to..."

"Yocchan..."

"Miki chose you... She's been standing by that decision for three years... As for me, I'm doing what is best for my company... Don't let those selfish geezers ruin us all..."

"Thank you, Yocchan... ... and please don't tell Miki about this... She doesn't know that I met up with her father..."

"I understand... You can trust me on that... ... ... Aya, take care of Miki..."

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #479 on: June 22, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »
Damn it, I suck at business terms..hmm..;) Care to explain please!!! XD What field is Miki good at?

LOL, I think I am seeing the silhouette of the first pin..or am I just hallucinating?

JPHiP Radio (35/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toe - Say It Ain`t So