JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Kodou

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 316124 times)

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
Re: Runaway from the Past
« Reply #520 on: June 27, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
Bloody hell..is that a set-up that they were rambling about for so long? Damn, they make use of a boy! This is so stinky of them to do so! :angry: :angry: Think Rika will break down if she knows about it.

Glad that you're fine, tru! *pray that it will be fine for tomorrow and forever* :grin: Oh crap, I will miss this..at least once per day, please? :)

@lollipopgirl, yeah, we need a flashback scene! (interesting for Aya to punch Yossi, I always see things the other way round :oops: ) tito advice: Put it in at the climax part of the story and I will love you and hate you. Oh crap, I miss that feeling :lol: Yeah, I'm sure FYI GAM doesn't melt hearts..it breaks heart :lol:
Hmm, I really hope today's paper went fine;) Teachers always advise the more time you read it, the more you remember of it..hmm, hope it is true :lol: But dearie, you're smart :wub: Who needs to study when you are smart?

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #521 on: June 28, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »
[quote"... Yeah... soba is good during rainy days..."][/quote]

I knw another thing that is good on rainy days  :twisted:  ... hot chocolate  :P  :grin:

oh boy  :shocked:  ---> ... accident -> on the news... Rika  -> :mon freeze: :mon cry: :mon runcry: ... Yossie ->  :mon uggh:  :knee: :kickass: that's right Yossie kick their butts 

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #522 on: July 01, 2008, 03:44:56 AM »
The whole thing with the first lady was gold!!!! Love it!

first lady!! mauajajjaja   it was hilarious
... yeah... Ayumi knew political heirarchies very well... the president owns everybody but the first lady owns the president!!! :lol:

And Mai, she seems a little scatterbrained. Then again, if the game results on Haromoni@ have any truth, she really isn't too bright. But she's still cool!
... she was just... uh... preoccupied... :lol:

, Rika isn't pregnant. I guess that's better but I feel like Yossy. I was getting myself excited.

Rika isn't pregnant  I was hoping she somehow was, that would have been so nice...
somethings are just not meant to be...

Oh well. Mayumi is evil! She planned for Jr to get hit, huh? That Dan guy or someone else was driving the truck. And now she gonna use the excuse that Jr is hurt to lure Rika back! Ahhhh! I'm scared!

poor boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   they're so bad~~   ate rika~~ help~~ 

i want to know what'll happen!!

Bloody hell..is that a set-up that they were rambling about for so long? Damn, they make use of a boy! This is so stinky of them to do so!   Think Rika will break down if she knows about it.
Evil is Mayumi... ...

I'm with tito! Lets get a flashback to the Yossy/Aya fight... and then I would loooove to see Miki/Aya just after it when the finally officially get together, awwwwwwwww (my heart is melting at that thought, and GAM hasn't done that to me for a looong time).

... hmm... i'll see...

Oh crap, I will miss this..at least once per day, please?
i'll see what i can do... i might do once a week... but longer updates...

... hot chocolate
i just had that this morning... yum...

readers: please forgive the shifting styles... i'm a mess right now... i'm really bad at transitions...

man, I missed doing this... (SAN, NI, ICHI, SE NO~) UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitomi carelessly dropped herself on the couch. She was pretty annoyed that she lost to Rika in the debate whether she should help out in the kitchen or not. Despite the injured finger, Rika insisted that she works alone.

Hot soba in a rainy afternoon was not a bad idea at all. Actually, Hitomi had a longing for that. Handmade noodles, hot steamy soup… Hitomi loved soba. Rika must be psychic for knowing that and even more so for cooking soba on a rainy day.

Hitomi picked up the remote from the coffee table and turned on the TV just to get her mind off memories she preferred not to remember.  It was on a local channel. Rika must’ve been watching local shows while Hitomi was in the office.

Hitomi decided to stay on the channel even though she did not understand at thing. The Korean show Witch Yoo Hee was on. It was dubbed in Filipino. Hitomi was familiar with the show because she has met with its producers and even tried to make a deal with them to syndicate the show in other parts of Asia. But that didn’t push through. Nonetheless, Hitomi was familiar with the plot. This could be a good time to learn some Filipino.

A few minutes later, during the commercial break, Rika came to the living room carrying a tray with two bowls of soba. One for the To-chan and one for the Ka-chan. Rika set the tray on the coffee table. It looked and smelled appetizing. It even had tempura in it. “What are you watching, To-chan?”

Hitomi reached for her bowl and chopsticks as Rika sat herself down beside Hitomi and took a bowl for herself. “Mmm… Soba… Witch Yoo Hee…” Hitomi didn’t even bother to look at Rika to answer the question.

Rika raised an eyebrow at the rather rude Hitomi and challenged her. “Can you even understand what’s going on?”

“Uh… No…” Finally, she looked up at Rika after savoring the aroma of the soba. She gave a look of fake innocence to Rika which Rika found very kawaii. She let the matter slip. It didn’t really matter. It was good that Hitomi liked how the soba smelled.

“ITADAKIMASU!!!” the two exclaimed together before beginning their meal.

Hitomi slurped the noodles aloud. The soba tasted good. Well, it should taste good. After all, Rika got wounded preparing the thing. The noodles were perfect, the tempura didn’t sog, the soup was tasty. It must be the blood. “Where did you learn to make noodles?”

“My sister… she wanted to learn how to make them…. She went to a real sobalier and I went with her… I took the lessons really seriously… To-san said it's a useful skill... Good thing I still remember how to do it…”

Yeah… good thing… Hitomi thought at she slurped the noodles, getting some drops of soup on her blouse and her cheek.

“You’re making a mess… Here.” Rika put the bowl down on the coffee table and stretched the sleeve of her own shirt to wipe the drop of soup on a befuddled Hitomi’s face.

“You could’ve used a napkin for that, you know?”

“Yeah… I know…” Rika kissed the spot where the soup drop was. “I just wanted to do that…”

“Thanks…”

Rika got up from the couch and started to the kitchen.

Hitomi wasn’t pleased at the sudden void beside her on the couch. “Hey~~”

“I’m getting you something to drink… By the way you are eating, you might choke yourself….”

Hitomi pretended not to hear and resumed watching TV while Rika was in the kitchen. She kinda stopped paying attention to the show when the noodles came. Now she had absolutely no idea of what was going on.

Yoo Hee was drunk and then-- Flash Report!

A young looking reporter appeared on screen to deliver the news.

“Magandang hapon po. Isang bata ang nabundol ng isang hindi pa nakikilalang nagmamaneho ng pick-up sa Sampaloc, Manila ngayong hapon. Tatawid sana ang bata sa kalsada nang biglaan umanong humarurot ang sasakyan. Agad tumakas ang drayber sakay ng pick-up at sa ngayon ay hinahanap na ng mga awtoridad. Para sa mga detalye, manood lamang ng Bente Kwatro Oras mamayang alas sais, pagkatapos ng Go-Bingo. Ito po si Pia Arcángel, proud to be Kapuso, magandang hapon po.”

(Good afternoon. A kid was hit by an unknown driver of a pick-up truck in Sampaloc, Manila just this afternoon. The child was just about to cross the street when the truck suddenly zoomed. The driver, with the pick up truck quickly made their escape and is being searched for by the authorities. For details, just watch Bente Kwatro Oras (24 hours),  six o’clock after Go-Bingo. This is Pia Arcanghel, proud to be Kapuso*.)

“What’s that?” Rika was back, with a pitcher of orange juice and two glasses.

“Just some news…” Hitomi answered as that was all that she understood. At least she got that part right. “ I don’t know what that reporter reported…”

“Oh well, they’re gonna replay it in the evening news anyway…” Rika sat down after setting the pitcher and glasses on the table.

“I hope you didn’t make it too sweet…” Hitomi gave a corner-eye look at Rika.

“Well, if you don’t like it, prepare your own drinks…” Rika resumed her soba-eating endeavor

“Hey~” Hitomi took the glass that Rika has just filled up and took a gulp. “It’s too sweet…” It really wasn’t. She just wanted to tease.

Rika swiped the glass away from Hitomi, annoyed. “I told you, if you don’t want it, go make your own…”

“Ka~chan~” Hitomi appealed to her lover. “I was just kidding… now give me back my glass of juice…”

Rika placed the glass on the table, away from Hitomi. “Don’t expect me to just give it back to you. Get it yourself…”

“Tch. Fine…” Hitomi stretched her arm to get the glass from the other side of the table .

Rika put her bowl down on the table. “Do you still want to eat a full course for dinner?”

“Nah… the soba’s pretty heavy already… unless you’re still hungry, Ka-chan…”

“Are you kidding? I don’t think I’ll be eating breakfast tomorrow…”

Hitomi suddenly had an excited look on her face. “Does that mean WE’re going to bed early?”

“I”M not going to bed early… I’m gonna watch the evening news… There’s typhoon… they might have to shut down electricity… I just need to know when… so I’ll know if I can do the laundry tomorrow…”

“Oh… I need to watch too… travel advisory… some investors are supposed to fly in tomorrow from Korea…”
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:04:27 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #523 on: July 01, 2008, 04:21:39 AM »
dun dun DUN!!! Oh no what will happen when Rika and Yossie watch the evening news?

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #524 on: July 01, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »
uh-oh! Rika missed the news! but she's gunna watch it later!  :O I hope Yossie doesn't go to sleep early. If Rika finds out about this she might do something drastic or breakdown. Either way Yossie needs to be there.  :(

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #525 on: July 02, 2008, 07:15:41 AM »
dun dun DUN!!! Oh no what will happen when Rika and Yossie watch the evening news?

uh-oh! Rika missed the news! but she's gunna watch it later!  :O I hope Yossie doesn't go to sleep early. If Rika finds out about this she might do something drastic or breakdown. Either way Yossie needs to be there.  :(

predictable filler chapter, ne~? :lol:

anyway... This one's for Yuki here... i decided to dedicate the chapter... just for kicks... Well, it's not a very happy, sappy chapter... but anyway, that's how things are in life, ne~?

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkness slowly crept into the living room as the sun set. The couple contented themselves to the remnant light from the setting sun and the brightness of the TV. Actually, they were both just too lazy to get up, and too comfortable in each other's arms to part.

All local flights have been cancelled due to the typhoon. Word about international flights was yet to be released. There was also no announcement for possible power failures and shutdowns in the city.

Rika tried her best to faithfully translate the news to Hitomi who was struggling to catch any term that she might understand through context clues. She couldn't even get a syllable of the report save for some English and Spanish terms that pop in every now and then. Rika amused herself at Hitomi's determined-and-confused-at-the-same-time expression.

Hitomi found the news show strange. It was unlike any other evening news show she has watched anywhere on the planet. There were so many commercials of liquor (with a really sexxxy babe riding a horse on the beach) and different shampoo (one featuring the Kpop artist Rain). There was no international news of political or economic nature. Just trivial and humorous news from around the globe. It also had an extensive showbiz segment which Hitomi had no interest in. The only consolation there was the hot chick reporting the showbiz news, Pia Guanio.

They constantly made fun of the anchorman, Mike Enriquez at his intonation pattern. It was like a record being played over and over when he says, "Opo, mga Kapuso*!" (Yes, dear viewers!)

But the laughter stopped at the Alerto Bente Kwatro (Alert 24) segment.

"Kaninang hapon po, isang estudyante and nabundol ng isang pick-up sa kanto ng Blumentritt at Dapitan. Hanggang ngayon ay hinahanap pa rin ng mga awtoridad ang nakabundol sa bata na agad nakatakas matapos ang insidente. Upang maghatid ng mga karagdagang detalye, nasa Delos Santos Hospital si Oscar Oida, nakaantabay sa mga kaganapan dito. Oscar?"

(Just this afternoon, a student was hit by a truck on the corner of Blumentritt and Dapitan Sts. Up until now, authorities are still looking for the driver of the vehicle that hit the child who has quickly escaped after the incident. To give us details, Oscar Oida is in Delos Santos Hospital, watching for new information on this matter. Oscar?)

Rika trailed off,  condensing and translating the news for Hitomi. "He said a kid was hit by a truck in Manila..." 

A field reporter appeared on the screen. "Yes, Mike. Nandito po ako ngayon sa Delos Santos Hospital kung saan naroroon ang estudyanteng naaksidente. Bata pa po ang biktimang si Jr Dimaano,"

Rika was stunned. It was all unreal to her. She pulled away from Hitomi's embrace and sat up straight, intently watching the news.

The gesture, its timing and the fact the Rika had stopped translating the news worried Hitomi. "Ka-chan...?"

But Rika didn't hear her... or maybe was just to preoccupied with the news to pay her any attention. Rika leaned closer to the TV, hoping that she caught the name wrong or that it was another person with the same name. But her hopes were quickly dashed when she saw a familiar face of a woman on the screen. She was crying.

"Narito po si Mayumi Ishikawa, tiyahin ng biktima. Ma'am ayon po sa report, kayo ang kasama ng bata nang mangyari ang insidente. Ano po ba ang nangyari?"

(Here is Mayumi Ishikawa, aunt of the victim. Ma'am, it says on the report that you were with the child during the incident. What happened?)

Hitomi read the name from the bottom of the screen. She's Rika's stepmother.

"Naghihintay lang kami ng jeep dito sa Dapitan tapos biglaan na lang bumitiw yung bata sa akin at tumakbo patawid. Sobrang bilis ng harurot nung pick-up, di ko man lang napansin kung saan galing. Pagkadagil dun sa bata, di man lang huminto."

(We were just waiting for a jeep when he suddenly let go of my hand and ran on the street. The truck was so fast, I didn't even notice where it came from. After hitting Jr, it didn't even stop.)

"Bakit po ba tumawid yung bata?" (Why did he cross the street?)

"Akala niya nakita niya ang Ate Rika niya dun sa kabilang kanto... Pinsan niya yun pero hindi na sa amin nakatira... Miss na miss na nga siya ng mga bata..." (He thought he saw his Ate Rika across the street... She's his cousin but she doesn't live with us anymore... The kids miss her so much) Mayumi faced the camera with tears in her eyes. "Rika, anak, umuwi ka na... kailangan ka ng pinsan mo..." (Rika, dear, come home... your cousin needs you...)

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #526 on: July 02, 2008, 08:13:47 AM »
Man that's low. Now Rika's gonna feel guilty about the accident  :angry:. Yossie help her through this please  :pleeease:

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #527 on: July 02, 2008, 01:04:03 PM »
Oh my shit, Yuki, damn it, that sad part is for you!!  :cry:

What about me??  :lol:

Nice move there, Mayumi. I think it will definitely work but even then, there will be a Yossie to help Rika through it. That, you didn't expect. That was cruel enough tita! :(

More updates pleaseeee

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #528 on: July 02, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »

:rofl:  :mon nyah:

thank you tru ^^ :monk gboy:

it's a bit sad chapter, poor Rika, Yossy you will have to be in alert!! help rika!!! yay yay (it just sound like thatn in my head ¬¬) :mon geek:

mmm i want a new chapter!! so tru... like i said, life is going on  :mon determined: and you have to write  :mon innocent:

PS: my nick could be Yuki ¬¬ i don't know why i write yukari... i even don't like it... well... it was about two years ago ò.o

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #529 on: July 02, 2008, 10:54:37 PM »
Man that's low. Now Rika's gonna feel guilty about the accident  :angry:. Yossie help her through this please  :pleeease:

thanks for summarizing this chapter~~! ... :lol:

Nice move there, Mayumi. I think it will definitely work but even then, there will be a Yossie to help Rika through it. That, you didn't expect. That was cruel enough tita! :(

More updates pleaseeee

i can dedicate one to you if you want... :lol: ... just not this one... XD

i really liked your last chapter... i might dedicate the one after this to you... ... ooh... i know... i already have a chapter in mind for you... be patient... :lol:

thank you tru ^^ :monk gboy:

it's a bit sad chapter, poor Rika, Yossy you will have to be in alert!! help rika!!! yay yay (it just sound like thatn in my head ¬¬) :mon geek:

mmm i want a new chapter!!

i hope you liked the chapter, yuki!!!

i'm dedicating this one to Ongaku Gatas *coughIshiYoshicough*... if you guys haven't heard/read yet, they're releasing a new single on September 10... which happens to be my birthday...  :cow: :cow: :cow: ... this update is a very very short one that i just wanted to squeeze in because of my festive mood today...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"... It's my fault..."

Hitomi was still grasping at straws in attempting to understand what was happening. A minute ago, they were just watching the news. Now, she just had no idea anymore. She tried to catch anything from the television but she just couldn't comprehend. Rika wasn't speaking. Hitomi looked at Rika whose eyes were red and flowing with tears. Hitomi wanted to give her comfort but didn't know what the problem was to begin with. All she knew was there was an accident involving a boy and Rika's stepmother.

Rika sat beside her, fighting a losing battle not to break down. She tried to mum her sobs and stop the tears but she was failing miserably. Her body was trembling, her breathing was erratic, her nails digging into the fabric of the couch. She was hyperventilating.

Hitomi was stunned. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know what was going on. The darkness could only contribute to her panic. It took her seconds to realize that Rika was having an asthma attack.

Her instincts sent her running to Rika's room, stumbling a couple of times even though the distance was extremely short. A stub toe upon meeting with a bookshelf elicited only a wince and a soft hiss from Hitomi. Pain didn't matter now. Rika was far more important than a stub toe.

She went straight to Rika's bedside table and fished for the inhaler in the drawer. Upon obtaining the item, Hitomi ran back. Back to the living room, back to the couch, back to Rika who was gasping for air as she curled up on the couch.

Hitomi knelt in front of Rika, handing her the inhaler. But she had not the strength to take it.

There was no time to waste. Hitomi gently nestled Rika's head against her shoulder and held the inhaler close to Rika's mouth. "Ka-chan, I'm going to count to three. At three, I want you to inhale as much as you can. Do you understand?"

Rika's response was a weak nod, if that was a nod. Whatever strength it did not possess, the affirmation had to suffice.

Hitomi carefully placed the inhaler in Rika's mouth. "Okay, Ka-chan... One, two, three" Hitomi pumped the contraption hard as Rika took in a deep breath.

"One, two, three." Again.

"One, two--" the count was suspended when Rika grasped at Hitomi's arm. Hitomi took the inhaler away and placed it on the coffee table.

Hitomi carefully helped Rika to sit up as she resumed her spot on the couch beside her girlfriend, pulling Rika close, into her arms. "You feel a little better?"

Rika could only nod as she moved deeper into the embrace.

Hitomi combed Rika's hair with her fingers and kissed her on the forehead multiple times. Rika's breathing was normal again but she was still in tears. Hitomi leaned down and kissed the spots where the tears rested.

Rika pulled away from the light kisses. "To-chan, is this selfish of me?"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:25:52 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #530 on: July 03, 2008, 02:22:41 AM »
T_T poor rikachan!!!  :mon cry:

and yossy... stumbling a couple of times... amauajajajjajaja XDDD i can't help it~~  :rofl:

i want to know what will happen with ishiyoshi and the boy (yeah... i'm worry about the boy)  :mon sweat:

waiting a update!!

PS: i like the dedicated chapter!  :P

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #531 on: July 03, 2008, 02:24:10 AM »
Whoa, I feel so bad for Rika-chan!! :( Mayumi is so evil. I hope she is able to go back and see Jr. but avoid being recaptured by evil stepmother! No, Rika-chan, it's not selfish of you! :(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #532 on: July 04, 2008, 03:18:41 AM »
Hoookay, finally got caught up. :P

Just to repeat what's already been said here:
- Yossi's dad's an @$$, as is Aya's dad and Miki's dad for pulling the krap that they've been pulling.
- WTF Eri and Mako are in "the Eyes"! (BTW, the "Mako = shark" thing was good :D)
- GAM FIGHT-OH! :cool1:

Mayumi is evil! She planned for Jr to get hit, huh? That Dan guy or someone else was driving the truck. And now she gonna use the excuse that Jr is hurt to lure Rika back!
Yep...:O

Man that's low. Now Rika's gonna feel guilty about the accident  :angry:.
That was undoubtedly the crux of their plan. They knew that Rika wouldn't come back for either of them, it would have to be for someone that actually still mattered to her. When she comes back for Jr, that's probably when they plan on grabbing her and "giving her back" to Baldo to keep themselves safe.

Now we all know that sooner or later Rika WILL go and see Jr.  Hopefully Yossi doesn't let her go alone.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #533 on: July 04, 2008, 07:07:58 AM »
@Yuki: I'm glad you liked the chapter... I hope you like the ones coming up... and i hope you saw that person you like :lol:

Whoa, I feel so bad for Rika-chan!! :( Mayumi is so evil. I hope she is able to go back and see Jr. but avoid being recaptured by evil stepmother! No, Rika-chan, it's not selfish of you! :(

i hope she hears you on that one... but she really is too nice... i don't know what to do with her!

@JFC: glad you made it! ... i missed you, man...

Mako=Shark... I thought someone would have guessed based on that... well, someone did make the right guess (i think it was sweeety if my memory isn't dead yet) anyway thanks for the compliment...

GAM FIGHT-OH!!!

@everyone: well we all know where this is heading... but what happens when we get there?!?! :twisted:
this one's a very short one that I just whipped up to keep my brain alive...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitomi cradled Rika in her arms like a baby. "It can't be your fault..." She just said that to comfort Rika. She didn't even know what Rika was feeling guilty about.

Rika just kept her head on Hitomi's chest. She didn't know what to do.

Hitomi caressed Rika's hair.  "Ka-chan... I know it can't be your fault... But if you're bent on putting the blame on yourself, you can explain to me how it became your fault..."

Rika was still in tears when she pulled herself off Hitomi, keeping her eyes down. "... That boy... He's the son of my stepmother's sister..."

"We're you close?"

Rika looked up and gave Hitomi a nod. "I helped him with his homework, I played with him... and i...  fetched him from school everyday while I was staying with them..."

"So... you think... if you had been there to fetch him, he wouldn't have been hit by that truck?"

The light from the TV shone on Hitomi's face, highlighting one side while the other side was hidden by the shadows.

Rika shook her head. "Auntie Mayumi just said that he ran to the street because he thought I was across... because he misses me..." Tears flowed from Rika's eyes again. "To-chan... if I was there, he wouldn't have crossed the street..."

Hitomi wiped the tears from Rika's cheeks with her thumb. "But you can't call yourself selfish because of that... You didn't leave because you just wanted to... You had to..."

"But I'm still here. I should've just gone back."

That hit Hitomi. She wished Rika didn't say that. "If you went back there, 'they' could've hurt you again... Isn't it way better that you're here than there?"

"To-chan... "

"... Do you regret that we met and that you're here with me?"

"That's not what I mean... It's just..."

"What if your stepmother made up that story to the press so that she wouldn't look irresponsible?"

"She wouldn't..."

"You trusted her and what did she do to you? Why would you trust a word from her mouth?"

Rika fell silent. Hitomi expected her to be. "It's not your, fault..."

"I want to take care of him now... He needs me..."

"And I will let you... I'll help you..."

"You've given me too much already... I want to do this on my own..."

"I just want to make sure that you'll be safe there..."

"I'll be careful..."

Hitomi kissed her on the forehead as she pulled Rika closer. "... ...What if... they ask you to stay?"

Rika was stunned by the question. It never crossed her mind. "... I don't know..."

"... Would you rather be with them than me?"

Rika didn't see that one coming. It was a difficult question. Would she stay or would she runaway from the past completely?

"... Ka-chan... ... ... You don't have to answer that now... I just want you to remember... ... this is your home now... you belong with me..."

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #534 on: July 04, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »
Decision time for Rika! 

It's nice that Yossie respects Rika's decision to choose between her and the past but in a way, she has to make her opinion sounded ;) Rika in a way is soft-hearted and she might not be able to fight against some scheming people..

Nice to see you updating! Yeah, weekend is here! :wub:

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #535 on: July 05, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »
aww

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #536 on: July 06, 2008, 07:52:54 PM »
@tito: yeah... but she doesn't have to answer now... XD

@kRisZ: Hi...

another short one... just enough to save me from insanity, loose ends and screws...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitomi was already in bed when she remembered what she came home early for: the pregnancy test results. She hasn't told Rika about the negative result yet. She really didn't want to tell Rika.

It was raining hard outside. It was as if half the Pacific ocean evaporated and is now falling over Makati. Lighting gave a bright flash at almost a constant pace and loud thunder followed it closely. One could feel the vibration whenever lightning struck.

Hitomi laid in bed wide awake. They turned in early as Rika needed rest. She's been under a lot of stress. That's probably why her period was delayed. The lights were off. Hitomi aniticipated that the electricity might just shut down any minute. If the power company doesn't shut it down deliberately now, the typhoon would find away to shut down power.

She closed her eyes in an attempt to force herself. She was almost there when she heard her door open. "Ka-chan?"

Rika stood by the door in her pajamas and with a pillow in her arms. "Ah... To-chan... Did I wake you? ... sorry..."

"No... I can't sleep... come in... What's up?"

Rika walked in and closed the door. "... The thunder..."

"You're scared?" Hitomi grinned. Too bad Rika didn't see it in the dark.

"So what if I am?"

"Why do I get the feeling that you're just saying that so you can sleep here with me?"

Rika turned her back from Hitomi and headed back to the door. "... I'm going back to my room now..."

"Ka-chan! Stay! I was just kidding..."

All of a sudden the lightning struck followed by a loud roar of thunder. It made Rika shiver and decide against leaving the room.

"See, even the heavens agree that you should stay here..." Hitomi scooted to one side of the bed to make room for Rika.

Rika settled on the vacant side of the bed and laid down with her back facing Hitomi.

Hitomi hugged her from behind. "Ka-chan... ... I forgot to tell you something a while ago..."

Rika yawned aloud. "What is it?"

Hitomi suddenly went on panic. She really didn't want to tell Rika yet but that just came out spontaneously and without thought. "Uh... I love you..."

Rika giggled. "Silly... you told me that ten times just this evening..."

Hitomi could just chuckle while she wanted to kick herself for even starting that conversation.

"Now really, To-chan, what is it?" Rika sounded serious in that one. Hitomi couldn't lie to her.

"The pregnancy test results came in this morning..."

"And...?"

"Negative." Hitomi said nothing more. She wanted to hear how Rika would react but Rika was just as silent as she is. "Aren't you going to react about the news at all?"

"I'd be lying if I told you that I'm happy with the news but... I am quite relieved..."

"would you still want a baby?"

"... Maybe..."

"I want a baby..."

"Can't I be your baby?"

That earned Rika a kiss on the neck. "Yeah... you could be my baby... I'm gonna take good care of you..."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 02:06:30 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #537 on: July 06, 2008, 08:48:37 PM »
Aww! Rika's scared of the storm! Hell, if I had someone like Yossy to comfort me, I'd be afraid of everything! :lol: It's no suprise that Rika's disappointed too. They woulda been great parents. But they still could be. They both want a baby. But for now, I think they're good. :wub:

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #538 on: July 06, 2008, 10:53:04 PM »

"Can't I be your baby?"

That earned Rika a kiss on the neck. "Yeah... you could be my baby... I'm gonna take good care of you..."

Aww so sweet!! :mon cute: Of course Yossie will take good care of Rika. They would both make wonderful parents and hopefully one day they will be. But for now it's probably for the best with all the mess in their lives at the moment.

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #539 on: July 07, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »
Mushy mushy ishiyoshi FTW!  :wub: Anyway, the timeline is going slow and I like it :P

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Egg Machine - Kodou