JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainbow - Black Swan

Author Topic: Same Ground Part 5.3 (End of Mayu's Flashback) (semi-hiatus)  (Read 29357 times)

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
  • I shall return. But I'll sleep for now.
    • Rinca00
Greetings!!

Somehow I'm back for another frustrating lame story.
I was debating with myself if I should just make this a one shot story  :smhid :smhid :? :? But in the end, I decided to just finish it by chapters since again, I ran out of ideas on how to continue it. So I also need your suggestions :)

Please enjoy it and throw a pie directly at me if it is bad.

Same Ground Part 1

It was raining back then. Just like tonight. I can still remember how you cried and begged me to stay. I end up hurting you. I made you hate me. I was a jerk. I decided to end everything before anything could have started. The others are right. Everything about me is black. I ended up hurting such a young and innocent soul because I’m a coward. I’m so afraid of falling in love again.

================================================

My friends are worried about me after my ex-girlfriend and I broke up. I never answered their calls, I never accepted their invitation to go out with them, and I never want to leave my house. That time, I don’t want to trust anyone, again.

Geki, looked what you’ve done to me.
Maybe it was my fault believing you that you’ll never leave me behind. Tell me, when you said that you love me, that you needed me, was it all lies? I devoted myself to be a good girl friend. I did all the things that I can possibly can for you to continue loving me. But I think it was not enough wasn’t it?

I tried to live in the darkness after Geki left me. Those 3 years that we’ve been together were put to waste. She was my first. My first love, first kiss and the very first one to own me. But in the end, she left me for that puppy-looking girl. I can still remember that moment when she dumped me.

“Yuki, I love you and you know that. But please forgive me. Don’t ever think that you didn’t do your best to be a good girl friend to me. It is just that, that, I fell in love with Jurina.” Those are the very words that turned my world upside down.

“Rena, why did you do this to me?” I can only cry as I pounce Geki’s chest.

She never uttered a word. She didn’t release me from her tight hug. She was also crying while accepting all of anger. Why Geki?

That was the last time I saw her. The last time I heard about her, she was already migrating to a different country with her new girl friend. I think she really forgotten me huh? While she’s being happy with her puppy, here I am, living miserably. If I’m not concern of my daily expenses, I would have quit my work as a Systems Engineer. But as they say, you should always be professional. But after that painful break up, I decided not to trust anyone ever again. I secluded myself from the others. If it isn’t related to work, then I’ll just lock myself in my house. That is how the rumors started. The rumors that said I have a black personality. I can no longer smile thanks to her. It never bothered me even if I catch my kouhais talking about me like. I just don’t care anymore. Not until she came and blew everything around me.

“I’m Watanabe Mayu. I’ll be in your care from now on. I’m please to meet you”.

I never thought that your simple introduction will be the start of something I didn’t expect to happen. Truth is, I was carried away by her pure aura. We accidentally met each other’s gaze and you smiled at me. Those eyes, they remind me of someone. Those eyes that are full of life, they remind me of;

“Geki” I muttered to myself.

I left that room before I can make a scene. God, why are doing this to me? Am I a bad person for you to punish me like this? Geki already left me and now, you send me this. After that, I’ve promised myself not to cross paths with you. It may bring trouble for both of us if it happens.

But fate won’t just seem to listen. Of all people I can be paired with, why is it has to be you? I tried to talk to my boss but then he told me that I am the only one he can rely on making sure that Watanabe’s talent won’t go to waste. He did told me her academic background. She has an IQ of 180 and graduated in Tokyo U with the highest marks.I can’t do anything but sigh and just surrendered to this fate.

“And this is how you perform the maintenance for the main servers. Make sure to create a back up first before doing this step.” She wrote down the step on the company issued journal as I continue.

“Do you have any questions?” I asked her.
“Hai, ano, Kashiwagi-senpai, do you have a boyfriend?” that question caught me off guard.
“Excuse me, Watanabe-san?” I asked back.
 “I’m asking if you have a boyfriend?” she asked again.
“Watanabe-san I believe that your question is not related to what I’m teaching you right now. Please focus.” I told her. “But to end your curiosity, I don’t have a boyfriend but I did use to have a girl friend on whom I hate right now.” I continued.
“What a waste then.” She said and then she chuckled. Afterwards  she asked a question related to the things I taught her a while ago.

Seriously, what’s wrong with this kid? Is she messing up with me?   

“Kashiwagi-senpai~~ Let’s eat lunch together” Everyone looked on my direction and shock is all written on their faces.

I, myself is shock too. Can’t this girl feel it? My aura is saying “Don’t feel too familiar with me!”. I was about to say no to her but she grabbed my wrist and run to the back garden. Everything moved in slow motion as we run. What is this feeling? I feel so, comfortable.

We stopped and then sat on the bench just below a huge Gingko Tree. What is this kid thinking dragging me here? I never said yes to her offer. This is troublesome!

“The sky is so nice isn’t it senpai?” she asked.
“. . . . . “
“Oh well, itadakimasu!” she said before eating her bento. This is going to be bad for my health.

Since then, we always eat lunch together on that spot. Most of the time, she always talk about herself. Her memories from her childhood, how everyone knew she was a genius and she even told me how she lost her past relationship. Even though I felt annoyed on her stories, it would be impolite to tell her to stop isn’t it? So I just kept quiet and listen to her while eating my lunch.

There are sometimes that it rain and we cannot eat outside so we decided to just eat on the cafeteria. I can hear everyone gossiping while looking at us. But she didn’t seem to care. At least we have one thing in common.

“Senpai, why did you broke up with your girlfriend?” she suddenly asked me. This kid, is she really naïve or too insensitive? Why did she bring up the question?
“I believe that I have the right not to answer that question Watanabe-san” while I continue checking if the newly trimmed Ethernet cables are working.
“You called me with my last name again” she pouted.
“Eeh?”
“Just call me Mayuyu, senpai. We’ve been partners for four months now.” She said
“That would be so unprofessional Watanabe-san, what might the others think if I can you with that nickname.” I told her.
“Mou~~~ Then just call me with that nickname when we are together” she insisted. 

I just sighed with annoyance. I guess there is no helping it.

I told her everything. From how Geki and I met, until that very day she left me. Mayuyu, just listened and didn’t interrupt. I no longer shed any tears; I think she can feel how lonely I am.

“I’m sorry to hear that. I guess I became a little insensitive.” She said. A little? I can’t believe her!
“It’s okay. I mean, there isn’t any sense for me to cry anymore.” She nodded and seems to agree on what I’ve just said.
“You are right. But I think the most important thing that you need to do is to forget her and try opening your heart to someone who really loves you.”
“. . . . “
She caught me off guard again. How should I response to what she have just said?

Suddenly, she stood up and looked at me with a serious face. This is my first time seeing her like that.

“Senpai, no, Yuki. Please go out with me!” she said.

This can’t be happening again.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:06:04 AM by Rinca »

Lame Story ahead!

A Certain Love Story of a Cyborg Girl | Same Ground(Hiatus) | The Last Stand (On-Going)

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
Re: Same Ground
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »
Mayuyu is confess!?!?

Will Yuki except her?!?

Update soon

Offline chotei_sha

• I own a ship and its name is MaYuki :)
  • MaYuki forever ♥
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 12:01:28 AM »
YAAAYYY!! hello again rinca-san! The fics not lame don't worry and I'm happy to read another of your stories  :cathappy: ill be waiting for the next update! :lol:

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »
MaYuki!!! WMatsui!!! RenaYuki!!! JuriMayu(?)

By the way, Interesting prolog!  :thumbup
please update soon... :D

about the JuriMayu(?) part. . . we may never know. . .  Because I don't know what happened to them. . .  yet XD

Lame Story ahead!

A Certain Love Story of a Cyborg Girl | Same Ground(Hiatus) | The Last Stand (On-Going)

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:54:07 AM »
Hahaha yeah go go mayu!!

Will yuki accept it? Hmm i dont think so,but i believe mayu wont surrender that easily kwkekekeke

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
Same Ground Part 2
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »
It has been a long weekend for me but all I did was sleep  :catglare:

Please do enjoy the update. I'm going back to sleep  :panic:

I'm open to any harsh comments and leave your suggestions for the next update . . .

Part 2

“Senpai, no, Yuki. Please go out with me!” she said.
“Watanabe-san, this is not a good joke.” I told her with the coldest tone that I have.
“. . . . . . “.

There was only silence and all you can hear is the ticking of my wrist watch. (Author Notes: How silent could this scene be?).

“The fact that no one understands you doesn’t make you an artist.” She said after a long period of silence.

“. . . . .”

“That quote is from an unknown author and I’m very fond of it.” She said.

“You are showing your ‘Black’ personality to other people so that they won’t know how lonely you are. They don’t have any idea on the pain that you have experienced and how you are trying to move on with that.” She continued. “Please give me a chance; you don’t have to reply now. Take all of the time that you need to think about it. I’ll be here waiting.” She continued with the usual smile that she wears.

“Don’t talk like you really know me. Who are you and how you dare say that to me?” I snapped after hearing what she said.

This girl really makes me furious now. She only knows part of my story and yet here she is acting like she knows me well. She doesn’t have any idea how REALLY PAINFUL it was to be left behind by someone you loved for a long time.

I glared at her but she didn’t even bother to break it. Instead, she returned my death glare with her own warm one.

“As I told you, I am willing to wait for your answer. To answer your question, well, I am Watanabe Mayu, the one who fell in love with her senpai, Kashiwagi Yuki in first sight. I swore to myself to know the story behind those strong but empty eyes that you have and now after hearing your story, I want to become the missing piece that will complete you.” She said.

Before I can say anything, she looked at her wrist watch and told me that she have to go. It was already 5:30 PM, the end of our office hours. I’m now seriously pissed off!

I cannot sleep that night because of her confession. Come to think about it, why should I think about it in the first place? I’m not interested in her, am I?

I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep. But what I saw was how cute she was when she confessed to me. Those pair of warm eyes that didn’t hesitate to fight back with my legendary death glare, what I can see is determination and sincerity.

Don’t tell me, I’m also starting to fall for her.

No!! I should stop myself before it is too late.

Yuki, remember what happened the last time you fell in love. Remember the pain that you have to bear if things didn’t work out. I shouldn’t give in with her charm.

I fidgeted in my futon when I felt my phone vibrated. When I opened it up, there was a message from the witch herself.

Subject: Nemui~~~

Yuki-senpai <3
Have a good night. Please don’t think too much of my confession.
I’ll see you tomorrow!

Mayuyu <3 <3

P.S Please don’t get your mind full of my cute expression a while ago. I’m a little embarrassed (*^_^*). And please, don’t think that I’m a witch.

This kid is so full of herself!!!!! Is she mind reader or something? How can she know that I’m thinking about her confession?

Then another message came.

I’m not a mind reader.
We can just say that this is the power of my love for you. (~^_^)~

I raised my eyebrow after reading her last message.

How did I got myself involved with this weirdo. This is really giving me a headache.
And then with that I finally got myself to sleep.

Lame Story ahead!

Offline MayuxMatsuixMusic

• mayuyu oshi <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • oshiri~~!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »
wah this is so interesting :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

as always mayu is so smart~~ :wub: :wub:

can't wait for your update :)
mayuyu and rena is <3

mayuki and mayurena is my fav <3

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »
wah this is so interesting :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

as always mayu is so smart~~ :wub: :wub:

can't wait for your update :)

setting up Mayu's IQ to 180 is somehow challenging,
I found it pretty difficult to show how would she continue persuading our black princess here. . .

Lame Story ahead!

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:41 PM »
Cant wait for the next c

Mayu will made Yuki fall in love with her

Update soon

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »
MORE!!
OH GWAAAD MAYUYU WAS SO GENIUS!!

MORE!! WANNA MORE!!!

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »
MORE!!
OH GWAAAD MAYUYU WAS SO GENIUS!!

MORE!! WANNA MORE!!!

Nezumi just being Nezumi

Lame Story ahead!

Offline RenshuChan

• Jurina's secret crush ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I know many people's secret, but they don't ~
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »
Serious Mayu is really cool!
Go win her heart buddy!

Offline NewHeaven

• TomoTomo and Furuyanagi forever
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 02:38:24 PM »
Your fic is really cool  :on GJ:

I’m not a mind reader.
We can just say that this is the power of my love for you. (~^_^)~

I raised my eyebrow after reading her last message.

How did I got myself involved with this weirdo. This is really giving me a headache.
And then with that I finally got myself to sleep.

I can't stop laughing

Go Go Mayuyu  :onioncheer:

Please more  :kneelbow:

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »
Your fic is really cool  :on GJ:

I can't stop laughing

Go Go Mayuyu  :onioncheer:

Please more  :kneelbow:

You are the very person to get the funny part. . .
I thought it was a failed joke :3  :cow:

Lame Story ahead!

Offline kenjoy12

• Oshiri Lover ω
  • Member+
  • Quite a silent reader. ^^;
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 04:37:01 AM »
THIS!!!… SO IN LOVE WITH!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Mayuyu my baby so straightforward as ever! :fap

Yuki! Feel the power of love from Mayu! FEEL IT! :fap

Hope to see more, yeah? :nervous

Thanks for the update and hardwork :bow:

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »
Part 3 is up and all I can say is Oshiri!  :shakeit:

somehow, sorry to fail everyone with this chapter,
To be honest, I really had a hard time thinking of any ideas to satisfy the "accidental cliffhanger" that I've made on part 2. .   :thumbdown:

But hope you guys like this.

Part 3

The next morning, I’ve decided to act like nothing happened the day before.

I need to strengthen my resolve. If I don’t want anything similar in the past to happen, I must keep her at bay.

“Show the usual stone face that you have” I told myself.

I entered our office and I was expecting to see the girl in question since she’s always too early. But no one is inside except me. Somehow I felt relieved but I also wondered what happen to her.

It is just like something is not right when she’s not here.

I looked at my wrist watch and saw that it is almost 15 minutes before 7:30AM. Few more minutes before the phones starts ringing and requests (from having slow network connectivity to no connectivity at all) begins to pile up.

I decided to get myself a cup of coffee to start this day right. I went straight to the pantry. As I walk closer I swear I’ve heard giggle-like voices. As I open the door, 2 figures startled me. The first one is a midget squirrel-like woman and the second one is the witch herself.

“DOKKIRI SUCCESS! OSHIRI~~!”. They both shouted happily.  Afterwards, they formed a w like hand sign.
I don’t care about the sign. How dare them to startle me like that.

I glared at both them of them especially the midget squirrel Yuko. She just continued laughing and keeps on telling me how funny my face was when they did their prank.

Yuko is both my friend and colleague. We’ve been working together ever since I joined the company 4 years ago. She and her girl friend Haruna were the ones who introduced me to Geki and even set us up on a blind date. When Yuko knew what happened to our relationship, she was very furious at Geki that she almost wanted to beat her up if Haruna didn’t stop her.

Despite being a pervert and a person who loves doing pranks, Yuko is a very reliable friend and confidant. She and Haruna stayed and do keeps an eye on me even when I started to push everyone away and acted coldly towards them.
And now it seems that she found a new partner in crime to help her with her pranks. I never see this coming. Somehow I just want to mentally face palm myself. I already am having a hard time keeping the genius girl at bay, and now these two have joined forces, I now don’t have an idea on what will happen next.

Since their laughter won’t die down, I stood up and hit their heads.

“Ittai!” both of them complained.

“If you do that again, I’ll make sure that you’ll regret it.” I told them.

“Besides Nyan Nyan, I’ll be glad to be your punching bag!” Yuko said.
“I’ll accept any punishment that Yuki will give me~~!” Mayu said with a grin.

These two really get along with each other and it gives me a lot of headache.

Their crazy antics ended when it was time for us to start working. Somehow, with Mayu joining the crew, the work load is not that heavy anymore and since she is a genius, she is now able to handle things all by herself.

“Black~~” I just try to ignore Yuko when she is calling me with that nickname.
“Hey! Stop ignoring me.” She said
“Can’t you see I’m busy? If this is about anything perverted that you did with your girl friend then tell that with your new friend.” I told her.
“I see here that someone is jealous! Can you stop being a tsundere?” she grinned.

PAK!
“Ittai! What’s that for?” Yuko said while feeling the newly spawned bump on her head.
“That is for saying nonsense.” I told her and returned my attention to what I am doing.

Yuko just smiled then hug me from behind.

“Haruna accepted my marriage proposal.” She said.
“Is that so? Well, congratulations to both of you then” I said with a monotone voice.
“Hey! You sound like you’re not happy for both of us! You sounded like a cyborg!” Yuko pouted and releasing her hug.

Somehow I felt like giving Yuko another bump on her head when she told me that. But hearing how happy she is, I decided not to do so.

“Yuki, we’ve been friends for years now. I saw everything from how you fell in love for the very first time until Rena decided to end everything. Somehow, I felt responsible for the pain that you’ve suffered. I was the one who introduced you to her anyway.” She said.
“. . . . .”
“But you know, everyone deserves a happy ending just like me and Nyan Nyan. You also deserve to be happy.” I just kept silent as she continued.
“Why don’t you give Oshiri sister a chance? I mean, she looks so serious about you.” she said.

“Yuko, if Watanabe-san asked for your assistance to make me say yes to her, I’m afraid that it won’t help. Besides, you also said that same thing about Rena not so long ago.” I admit, I was a “bit” harsh saying that to her.

Yuko just sighed and shook her head. It seems like she is ready to give up with this conversation.

“Oshiriri did tell me about her intentions but she didn’t ask me for any assistance. I already warned her that if she ended up hurting you in the end, I’ll forget our oath to each other and make her regret it.” she told me with a now serious face.

Our conversation ended when Yuko’s phone rang. It was Haruna calling asking Yuko to meet her for their wedding preparations. When she was about to leave, she told me to think about it and don’t make any rush decisions.

“You might regret losing someone who is so sincere about you.” She said before going out.

That crazy girl! What did she do to make everyone approve with her?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:47:14 PM by Rinca »

Lame Story ahead!

Offline RenshuChan

• Jurina's secret crush ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I know many people's secret, but they don't ~
Re: Same Ground Part 3 is now UP!
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 02:34:04 AM »
Shiriri-chan is really serious Black! Just accept her already XD
Congrats for the marriage Oshiriko ~ (∩_∩)

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
    • Rinca00
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »
Shiriri-chan is really serious Black! Just accept her already XD
Congrats for the marriage Oshiriko ~ (∩_∩)

I just hope that the author won't be haunt down by the readers for this chapter. . . .
I think it lacks something but I cannot find what it is -.-

Lame Story ahead!

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 07:39:35 AM »
Its lack love~~~ from yuki kekeke

I want to know why mayuyu love yuki and she seem know something about yuki past

Offline kenjoy12

• Oshiri Lover ω
  • Member+