JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Karabinka

Author Topic: Korea Times Music Festival 10 - April 28th 2012 @ The Hollywood Bowl  (Read 24278 times)

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
Re: Korea Times Music Festival 10 - April 28th 2012 @ The Hollywood Bowl
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 06:47:07 AM »
YAAAAAAY! I'm so excited to meet up with MOMO! :D I can't believe it's taken us so long. Both of us have met the other O!P producers, but we haven't met each other XD

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 06:51:47 AM »
So, I have a ticket for sale.  Ramp seat, Section E, Row 11, Seat 15 (near the middle of section E).  Lemme know if you're interested, or else I'm selling it elsewhere~

http://www.koreanmusicfestival.com/images/hb_seating_chart.png

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2012, 04:24:23 PM »

It's official, G.O.D will be at KMF.  This image is on their website, but no announcement on twitter, facebook, or elsewhere.  Good job, KMF~

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2012, 03:11:03 AM »
I'm really disgusted at how the KMF people manage everything. I don't care what reasons they have, to me it's inexcusable to ignore the concerns of your CLIENTS (coz remember they're not doing anyone a favor, this is not a free concert), and keep posting random videos of previous years without addressing anyone. It is plain disrespectful. And there's little over 2 weeks left before the concert. If they don't have all their performers planned by now, that's just a ridiculous mess. I'm just happy that I'm mainly traveling there to meet up with the hipsters, coz if I was just going for the concert, I'd be soooo pissed lol

Anyway, since they feel no need to address the clients anymore, they've just been posting the new additions to the lineup in the website banner. After G.O.D., now they have added two acts that I'd never heard about, Arirang and Lee Yong:

Does anyone know who they are, what kind of music, etc?

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »
the name arirang sounds familiar...

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2012, 02:21:32 PM »
Arirang is like the unofficial anthem of South Korea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arirang

Couldn't find anything about a GROUP called Arirang so maybe they just sing folk songs or something? Unless that's an error of course. :P

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 02:40:36 PM »
Lots of us have also heard the name Arirang often because it's the name of the famous international network in Korea, Arirang TV.

A couple of people commenting on the KMF Facebook page and Soompi said that Arirang is somewhat known in China and Japan. If that's the case, it's SO weird XDDD  a young KOREAN group known elsewhere but not in KOREA. Funny.

Anyone knows about Lee Yong? He looks like a comedian rather than a singer O_o

EDIT:

I think I may have found the answer about Arirang...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alilang_Group

Apparently the actual name is Arirang Group, and they're this chinese pop act, made up of 4 korean guys (apparently now 3, judging by the KMF picture?). They don't seem to have released much music O_o But according to wiki theyre popular "among the Chinese young as well as among the Korean Chinese".

I found their picture and the guys look the same to me as those in the KMF pic:

Well, KMF, since youre now desperately looking for acts even in other countries, bring us some J-pop!! XDDD
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:02:10 PM by Rei-chan »

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:44 AM »
I'm gonna try to get to know more some of the KMF acts in the next weeks, so that I can fangirl and maybe even sing along to some during the concert XD 

Arirang Group PV! They sound very nice~!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 07:19:01 AM »
AWW U STAYIN POSITIVE REI!

lol but feel your pain being your first KMF and only a few major acts. SHiT! i keep reading the FB with people calling in and saying there will be acts announced next week. KPop = Big Money lol

arirang supporting indie acts :P I saw IU is touring Japan too. They don't usually have back to back acts?? CMON KARA-T-ara-Hyori Lee-2NE1-Miss A

the name arirang sounds familiar...

I think it's a TV channel :lol: like calling your group Kawaii.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 07:50:22 AM »
Hahaha I keep hoping for a last minute miracle XD  Like, everyone says someone like Big Bang can't go coz they're promoting or gonna tour, etc. But then I just saw news of them suddenly going to Vietnam for some "Coca Cola Sound Fest". So come on! If they can go there for that, why not to Cali for KMF!? Well, I guess Coca Cola would have way more money to pay, and it does take longer to travel to California. But still, that kind of randomness makes me hope for another cool group to join the lineup suddenly  :tama-yeeaah:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
At this point, I doubt I'm gonna go to the actual show lol. Probably just roll out and hang with everyone at the festival part (plus FREE GOLD!) and once you guys go in to the actual seats, just go chill in LA--eat drink be merry--until y'all done. Cus this show is not worth it, at all. Last year was barely worth my $35 nosebleed ticket, and that had acts I actually wanted to see lol. KMF is more about the sweet sweet hanging for me.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2012, 02:51:57 AM »
This is so ridiculous lol... Anyone thinks there's any chance of them announcing more artists? Or having a great surprise act appear at the event? Probably not, huh? It'd be really stupid in terms of selling tickets... Sigh~

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2012, 07:39:14 AM »
lol Rei :heart: I read Monday 50/50 they announce something but it is hella weird nothing has happened. like i saw this rant on FB, they were deleting negative comments haha!

It is unfair for any venue to wait till the last minute for a finalized lineup and offer zero communication. Airfare and hotel rates double if not triple when you book last minute, so many people booked way in advance to save money. Now after investing in a company they believed in, they are left unfulfilled and their questions unanswered. Some people already bought tickets but waited on airfare and now don't want to invest thousands on a plane ticket for a show that "might" be great, so they sell their concert tickets because they were left with no other choice. Plus there are other concerts in the near future that will have artist line ups before the tickets go on sale! I know, what a crazy concept to announce the artist line up before ticket sales!

A product of KPop being bigger than ever and companies cashing in. Still, I look at this as a 2006 JPH!P WORLD TOUR Reunion. Like shit, we took so many efforts to meet up - me stuck in customs, Rei coming in at the late nite hour, our O!P Plans going poof - we persevered cuz hey, what other internet community meets up AND GETS ALONG and parties HARD in real life than :hipheart:

Looking forward to meeting MBLAQ and BEG fans to brainwash into joining our site too BWAHAHA! oh and..

TICKETS GOT EM

Rei telling me about an MBLAQ meet and greet, that'd be dope :P and I been studying the BEG album too! CANT WAIT!!  what color marker u like pink, orange, purple, yellow or green? I got 80s colors XD

The 6th Sense album comes with booklet and cardboard case so lotsa signing for all:

My pipe dream : IU, A.S.S. and Hyori showing up too

Who else is down? I hollered at Sev to come on down. Boy, Dinny, Fen, without a doubt... Slack and Chibs, not kpop fans but hey, big parts of JPH!P too. Only hardcore HiPstaz need apply.

Coming in 10:08 am Thursday so see ya there! :jphip:

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 03:26:53 AM »
Woooo~!!!! You got so many goodies ready! I hope they sell something of MBLAQ or BEG there for me to get signed  :ptam-ok:

As Flyp and I were talking last nite, the more people sell their tickets, the easier stalking is for us! XDDD  Club floor, I imagine a party in our room which BEG and MBLAQ won't resist to join!!   :ptam-glow:

Love your arrangement of the tickets!  :tama-mad:  XD

2006 JPH!P World Tour, THE REUNION, will be epic!!!!!!! 6 years later but will be like time stopped there! The party continues!!! ^o^  :jphip:

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 03:48:33 AM »
Weak artist list aside, what the hell. Count me in.

Gotta see Fen and BoyTen (RAMEN DAMNIT!) and others again...as well as others I haven't met yet.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2012, 05:41:42 AM »
^ FUCK NICE!! Gonna miss a few Regulars. Ah well, we shall meet up again.

Sev, Ping :pimp: these are for you:

YEAH REI, gonna jet in a few lol. REP :hipheart:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »
I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO UPDATES FROM THE MEET UP EVERYBUDDYYYY

MAEK IT HAPPEN XD AYEH
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »
I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO UPDATES FROM THE MEET UP EVERYBUDDYYYY

MAEK IT HAPPEN XD AYEH

YEAH BABY SHIRENU!!!!!!

im stuck at the hotel lobbby with a bunch of hot kpop fans while boyten left me with a maple daquiri to finish and everyone power nap

im a print out a copy of :shilivid: for gain to sign as i observe the happenings while catching up with NFL draft and Lakers/Kings while waiting for dinfenodangolimitbenshortall tmr!!!!!!

CONAN WAS AWESOME we made Andy go home reaction!! see us left side of the audience :jphip: we bring it!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:21:12 AM by daigong »

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »
So, its 5am now and first night of stalking is done.  We JUST missed ga-in and Jea, according to the girls we were hanging out with, but we saw Seungho from Mblaq and some got autographs.  Kim Tae Woo and Danny came through and were really cool. They signed autographs and gave hugs to the girls.  Miryo zoomed past us too but didn't stick around for much of anything.  We'll be continuing tomorrow so I need to sleep before I pass out.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:55:14 AM by Flyp »

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
Double post time lol. Day two was pretty epic.  A late and slow start led to some great timing. Dai, Rei, and I were hungry waiting for boyten to show up, so after Odango got here we went up to the club room for snacks. We took the elevator down to the lobby, and when it opened up, G.O and Mir from MBLAQ stepped in and we all silently decided we needed to go back up to our room lol.  They were being crowded by other fans in the elevator so we didn't score an autograph.  We went back down to the lobby, stepped out, and Seung Ho from MBLAQ was coming up to us.  He's Rei-chan's favorite, so she was super excited. We went back in the elevator again and rode up with him and the girls got his autograph.

Boyten and limit eventually showed up and we hopped on the train to Korea Town to score some Korean fried chicken and hit up the CD store to splurge on kpop CDs.  After that we went to an awesome ramen place to meet up with Fen and have more food and drinks.

We got back to the hotel tired and tipsy.  With just Odango, rei, daigong and me left we decided to hit up Rite Aid to get sharpies and snacks.  Dai and I were looking at booze when I saw a familier short black haircut turn down our aisle.  Ga-in was shopping at Rite Aid! In the booze section! Dai and I politely asked for an autograph, and she was happy to do so. She was shy because she wasn't wearing much makeup. Daigong did the abracadabra dance and ga-in laughed and smiled. Jea was also shopping and we bugged her too, but Odango and Rei said that after talking with us they were really happy. 

Lots of great timing today with celebs,  and tomorrow is the day of the concert.  I'll fill in more details when I'm at a computer but for now I must sleep

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Karabinka