JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Harenchi Punch - Doki Doki! My Sister Soul

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 566317 times)

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
Aww the next song was going to be BREAK OUT!!  Hopefully the rest of the live will get uploaded.

Offline Chesska

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2011, 12:33:02 AM »
On the 30th, there will be an hour live where they'll be revealing new costumes and two brand new songs!

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2011, 04:54:25 AM »
hope have to downlaod <3~~~

humm is good if they a streaming of this hehe :3

Offline Shipyon

• Nya~ Nya~
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2011, 07:31:28 AM »
I like them.
Mio is so cute.

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »
On the 30th, there will be an hour live where they'll be revealing new costumes and two brand new songs!

Hype! Strangely I'm more interested in their new outfits than the new songs. Probably because I really don't like their current look - they don't really match their concept and actually look uncomfortable to wear. Their original outfits were perfect so I'm hoping for a remix like:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:35:28 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »
PASSPO major debut and... ARRIVING TO USA?
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-7385

The 10-member idol unit PASSPO☆ held an event on Sunday to commemorate their upcoming major label debut. The cabin attendant-themed group will release a single called "Shoujo Hikou" on April 6 under the Universal J record label.

In addition to the single, PASSPO☆ announced that they will do a world tour later this year that includes the U.S. and some Asian countries.

Leader Ai Negishi (18) remarked that they hope to one day share the same stage as Korean group Shoujo Jidai, who are also signed with Universal.

The group started in January 2009 and has so far released four singles and one album. Their travel theme extends to their live events, and they have introduced a passport system through which fans can earn "mileage points" for participating in events.

also new costumes are... dresses :Y

still no idea why only 8 on stage but i don't see it as a major issue

edit: i just realized that Kikka is on the same label... wonder if both acts are going to perform together

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:15:17 PM by shurastriker »

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2011, 10:23:41 PM »
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/universalj/artist/passpo/

So happy for them. They outgrew being an indie group, they're just too good not to have the ability to compete with the major label groups.  Really, really wish it wasn't with Universal though. Although I think Universal J is different from Universal (U Muisc Japan) - seems like a mid-major (which can be a good thing for a group like PASSPO). Hopefully this means they'l have the ability to book larger venues, get some tv exposure, and release better PVs/stage dvds, while retaining creative control. Changes can come with joining a major though. I just hope their concept remains and their lineup stays the same.

Confirmation they'll be playing in L.A! (jk) Morning Musume, AKB, and Mano Erina did, I would freakin love if PASSPO played at AX. Hopefully there is more info about their "world" tour soon.

New outfits:

Single info:
1. 少女飛行 (Flight Girl)
2. ウハエ (anyone know what "Uhae" means?)
3. 少女飛行 - instrumental

It looks like they are releasing a version for each girl too, like they did with "Let it Go".

edit: All 11 versions are up for pre-order at HMV.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:33:26 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2011, 11:02:12 PM »
so those are the real new outfits... COOL i like them

btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA  :on BDay:

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »
The new outfits look 80's retro.

http://news.tv-asahi.co.jp/ann/geinou/geinou_news/contents/hot_20110130_200.html
"PASSPO - 'We're going to hijack the world!' "
Lol, I love when they use the word "hijack"... whenever they get invited to do a show, they say they are "hijacking" the stage.

The big announcement show had over 1,000 people attend! I read at their blog that when they sold out the tickets they allowed people to watch for free from the back.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:27:03 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2011, 12:05:57 AM »
Oh yeah, shura, that pic of the 8 girls in dresses is actually the group Pre-dia  :thumbup. They are another group produced by platinum, so they do shows with PASSPO occasionally.

Pics from Oricon:

Event MC  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:43:01 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:54 AM »
the meaning of world tour for asian bands is US and Asia... and over O.o aehaheahea

Offline Chesska

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2011, 12:21:33 AM »
I was so happy when I was stalking Arama and saw a Passpo post. Then I saw the words major debut. Then world tour. -dies-

I'm currently clinging onto the small, tiny hope that "some Asian countries" can be stretched to including Australia since we were in the Asian Cup thing for the Soccer. I can dream right?! ;-;

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2011, 01:11:17 AM »
the meaning of world tour for asian bands is US and Asia... and over O.o aehaheahea

And "United States" = Los Angeles and New York City

And "Asia" probably = Taiwan, Singapore, and Hong Kong.

It's unfortunate for fans in other parts of the world, but it's great j-pop groups are finally seeing the opportunities in the international market. (I grudgingly give credit to AKB for starting the trend). Outside of going to Hawaii, it took MM forever to go to the U.S.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2011, 02:05:21 AM »
lol the event MC... WIN

i think 2011 will be a great year for jpop idols in Japan (already is)... oh and i do want Kikka and Passpo performing on the same stage \o/ make it happen.

edit: in case you are missing it... passpo i also on twitter http://twitter.com/passpo_staff

Oh yeah, shura, that pic of the 8 girls in dresses is actually the group Pre-dia  :thumbup. They are another group produced by platinum, so they do shows with PASSPO occasionally.

loved it
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:52:46 AM by shurastriker »

Offline Afro_Stud

• ecchi
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2011, 12:10:06 PM »

Offline Megan

• ecchi
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2011, 06:27:01 AM »
I'm excited that Passpo is getting a major label debut! I listened to their album a few weeks ago for the first time, and I really loved it! Unlike a lot of the new idol groups that have popped up in the past few years, I think Passpo's music is actually pretty good! :lol: I love that they have a pop/rock sound.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2011, 09:37:02 PM »
this article is about Passpo but no idea what is about (HALP PLX) alli know is that they are wearing cool samurai style clothes

http://luvits.jp/idol/11233/

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »

It kind of looked like Anna was casting a magic spell.

An article at natalie.mu mentions their U.S. tour will start in May. Although it's probably best to wait for official confirmation, since I believe everything I read on the internet, it has to be true!
http://natalie.mu/music/news/44376
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:16:16 PM by qwiksXnd »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »
^i see what you did with the pic... NICE

i have no doubt they will go to USA to perform but much as a tour i think is better wait for official info... well but since Aural Vampire did a 30 days tour around USA i think it can be done... but not a 30 days one lol

Offline Chesska

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2011, 04:24:53 AM »
I was stalking around and I found the blog of Passpo's choreographer with lots of Passpo pics <3!

http://takenakanaketa.laff.jp/

The first post talks about Happiness (I think it said was something about that they remind her of SPEED- I only skimmed and google translated so xD; ), then there's more Passpo (something about the major debut) and there's a little on PreDia too.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Harenchi Punch - Doki Doki! My Sister Soul