JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Mikan

Author Topic: [11/29] 「 Naked Songs 」 Aya's Jazz album  (Read 27370 times)

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
[11/29] 「 Naked Songs 」 Aya's Jazz album
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »
Don't kid yourself Mark, you know that's shit. :lol:

It's really disappointing to see the numbers, but it's not surprising. Ayaya herself is made of talent and awesome, but she's always let down by the choice of songs (which I have no idea if she picked)..

Offline yokoso

• ザ・ストレス~!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2006, 03:33:55 PM »
^ It doesn't surprise me either.  One of my main 'complaints' with the album was the choice of songs.  She has so many singles and 3 albums and yet of all the songs to cover, it's the same handful I seem to hear over and over.  Nothing wrong with that in particular, but I would have honestly perferred something a little more interesting.

愛をください〜!!:heart: :heart:  ☆ 恋文 ; a loveletter MUSIC DOWNLOADS & MORE ☆ (now back up 1/13/08)

Offline MKK2122

« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2006, 04:24:17 PM »
At least she's still doing well with GAM, but maybe during the next release cycle they'll give her a new solo hit as well?

Jabronisaur

« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2006, 08:54:02 PM »
YAY!! I got my naked songs today!! I so love this album :heart::heart::heart:
I wonder why no ones posted the inside?
my scanner blows, sorry.
Well as for the song selection, in regards for the redone tracks, I think they could have done without "I know" or "Tropical Koishite". I would have prefered "The Big gaku" (lol thats just me), "Your Song" (of course), or "From the Sky" could have been a nice jazz redone or maybe even "Shining Day"(which I really like more these days). As for the new ones on this album, I love 'em. Nice smooth sounds. I think she showing some remarkable vocal control. It would be nice if she worked more on her low end keys, but still nice leveling and improved range. I hope she gets to do more with live bands, some named Jazz groups (give Mika a call and hook up with her dad's band).
All in all what makes this album work for me is that I play it start to finish and love every track :heart:
Well done Ayaya...please keep it up!

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2006, 04:30:08 AM »
I listened to it more, but I still don't think it was that great to me.

The only new songs I really like are Rock My Body and Dearest. The new Suna wo was actually pretty good, and I liked it more than I did the original. Love Namida Iro was also pretty great, and my favorite of the covers. Though I still like the original more. Don't Know Why was also pretty nice, but it's not really her song >_>. The album had good stuff all over the place, but alot of it just wasn't put together all that well I think. The only song that actually sounded like a real song was Dearest, which is my favorite track from the album. The rest of the songs sound like background music to some lounge or something.

It had some good stuff going on, but just wasn't solid enough as an album.

Actually, if it were shorter and had like 5 songs in it, I would have probably really liked it.

Offline kupito

• ecchi
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2006, 06:31:20 AM »
When I heard this was going to be a jazz type album, I was hoping for something along the lines of "Doki Doki Love Mail" and "Ne~e" that she performed at the Dream Concert Hall waaaaaay back in 2004.  I LOVE those kind of jazz songs. They were upbeat and had a great rhythm.  However this new album reminded me of elevator music. =_= Now please don't get me wrong, I think Aya has a wonderful voice.. in fact I think she is at the Top (next to Maki) vocal wise in H!P.  She could be doing SOOOOO much more with that great voice, but "they" keep giving her these lame songs. *sigh* I was also hoping she would release an album of her "unplugged' songs that she sang at her 2006 tour. ~_~ Ahh well.

Speaking of her jazz stuff. Does anyone have (or know) where I can get the mp3's of her earlier work? Thanks in advance. :)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2006, 07:39:37 AM »
Quote from: kupito;252384

Speaking of her jazz stuff. Does anyone have (or know) where I can get the mp3's of her earlier work? Thanks in advance. :)

post more and then ask for access to the asshole section. ;)

Offline leonheartx

• Kamei's turtle
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2006, 11:59:45 PM »
anyone happen to have a link to the lyrics to DEAREST ? did some searching on google and some other forums but no luck. i think this is a suitable place to ask =/

Offline iQuE

• likes 'em cute
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2006, 01:07:59 AM »
I guess the song I like the best is Rock My Body - her voice is so cool in that song - I can keep listening to it over and over.

I also like Don't Know Why but Norah Jones is hard to match, and I really think Aya should work on her English skills. The first time I heard that song on the Shanghai DVD I thought she was singing it in Mandarin or something XD

Offline kakashi_is_hench

« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »
im a little bit dissapointed with this album since it doesnt have 100kai no kiss on it....:(  that was one of ayas bestest songs

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2006, 05:00:12 AM »
Quote from: kakashi_is_hench;256266
im a little bit dissapointed with this album since it doesnt have 100kai no kiss on it....:(  that was one of ayas bestest songs
It's on the DVD (if your comp can handle the DL, the ISO file is available on JPH!P's Torrent tracker). Also, on Hello! Online's tracker there's a torrent that has the mp3 rips of the songs like 100 kai no Kiss that were on the DVD but were not included in the album.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2006, 10:27:22 AM »
17,619 in two weeks :)

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2006, 03:40:44 AM »
The album was nice.  I'm just in shock that she covered a song from one of my all time favourite western singers, and she did it so well.  Norah + Aya?  *Melts*

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2007, 11:27:32 PM »
Quote from: leonheartx;252906
anyone happen to have a link to the lyrics to DEAREST ? did some searching on google and some other forums but no luck. i think this is a suitable place to ask =/

Bleh, seconded. I hate romanizing by ear XD
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline LovelyMermaid

• Member+
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2007, 09:47:44 PM »
^ I'll re-upload the album :heart:

:heart: Rock my Body :heart:

here you go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ztbl66

Are there lyrics for this CD anywhere? I cant find them at all..

hm, I bet this makes for a good make out CD for a certain H!P duo :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 10:12:05 PM by LovelyMermaid »

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2007, 10:23:37 PM »
^ thanks, but it's the wrong album!^^  I was referring to the songs from 2004, Dream Concert Hall! XD :heart: (anyway, cd to buy available?)

Offline LovelyMermaid

• Member+
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2007, 10:39:32 PM »
^ :lol: duh, I've been so oblivious lately

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Mikan