JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: C-ute - MUGEN CLIMAX

Author Topic: Sun (updated 25th April!!! CHAPTER 12 up!)  (Read 23238 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Sun
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 12:00:55 AM »
Quote from: goosefish

Lol, when I first read what you said about the paragraphs I thought 'hm...doesn't look THAT bad, does it?'. That was when I looked at it from my 1024x768 resolution. While using another computer the resolution was 1400x1050 or something. Now that DID hurt my eyesXD. I don't know why, but the different resolutions seemed to make a really big difference. :sweatdrop:

Do you have any suggestions on how should set it out so it doesn't kill the eyes of several people? I think I set my paragraphs out by train of thought...one topic will have one paragraph etc. I don't really know if thats the way to go though. I'm not really sure on how I should go about spreading them out more for fear of disrupting the...uh...train of thought...flow...thing.

Make paragraph breaks randomly, but make it look not random. I personally like using single sentences or thoughts to split up long paragraphs.

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2006, 04:02:33 PM »
JFC: thanks for that! :)

rndmnwierd: phew. I looked at my third chapter and realised that I had paragraphs the size of elephants and thought "somebody won't like that, better fix em!". Lol, but seriously thanks for the heads up on that. :P

Oh yeah, I noticed you suggested something similar to DO Me DO Me. Are you a mission to cleanse the world of excessively long paragraphs or something? Hehe j/k :D

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 04:12:49 PM »
Chapter 3

Damn, that lion cub is so cute! I squeal along with the rest of the girls as Miki picks up the semi-dead looking cub. I can’t help but laugh at her baby-pink jump suit.

I can’t believe management actually convinced the safari park to let us borrow the poor thing. Well…I guess when we’ve promoted the place so many times already, they have to return the favour. I remember watching U-spirit when they followed Maki for three days. Seeing her love for animals come out when she went to Fuji Safari Park made me wish I was there with her.

Of course, back then it was just idolisation and admiration. Now…it could be anything more than that. Thinking about last night, I can’t help but wonder what was going through her mind all that time, especially just before she left. Did she lose as much sleep as I did over it? I sure hope she did…because otherwise I would feel like an idiot if it was only me thinking so hard about it all. What am I saying? Do I even still have those feelings for her? I roll my eyes at myself. Of course I do, why else would I be so worked up over this all?

“Reina, please don’t roll your eyes at me. And why haven’t you flipped your card yet?” Ishikawa-san’s voice brings me out of my thoughts. I look at everyone else, flip cards facing the camera. When did they do that?

“Oh, sorry. I was still thinking about my answer,” I lie. I don’t even know what the question is. I can’t believe I just tuned out like that in the middle of filming.

“It’s ok, we’ll edit this part,” one of the staff calls out. I sigh as I try to work out the question by peeking at everyone else’s answers, and quickly scribble something down.

Did she even mean it when she said we would have dinner together again? I wonder if we would go to a restaurant, or if she would invite me to her place again like she originally did. I feel a guilty pang hit me because she must have bought and prepared meat for the yakiniku that we never ate together. I should probably pay her back for the meat…no wait…that’s just stupid. I should just invite her out to dinner one day. But she said she would tell me when she had time off. What if she thinks that I’m annoying for wanting to meet again so soon?

“Reina!”

“Yes?!” I instantly sit up straight and look around, only just realising that I tuned out again. A few members laugh not-so-discreetly at me. Everyone but me had already written on their next flip board. There was another question already? I really have to start paying attention or people will think that there’s something really wrong with me.

I’m glad that this is the last segment that we’re filming for today, otherwise I might end up just staring into space for another hour or so.

For the last few minutes I manage to concentrate on the filming rather than my personal life. Even so, I can still feel it gnawing at my brain cells, making me work extra hard to push it out of the way for the time being.

After filming is finally over and we exchange many otsukare-sama deshita’s with the staff, I practically run to my dressing room and slam the door shut. I need time to recollect my thoughts so that I’m not continually confusing myself. Maybe Maki would be in the building today for something. I might get a chance to run into her. Who am I kidding? She probably has a really tight schedule anyway… I check my phone and find two new messages from…Maki. Maybe she has been thinking along my train of thought after all.

“I know it’s sudden, but would you like to have dinner tonight?”

Would I? Why wouldn’t I?! Ugh, I should calm down before I get ahead of myself. It’s just dinner after all. I open the next message.

“How about yakiniku at my place? :)

I smile at the smiley face and reply right away. “Sounds good to me!” I hit send, wondering if that sounded too eager on my part. A few seconds pass and my phone rings. Looking at the called ID I see that it’s Maki. I stare for a moment, not wanting to believe how fast she just responded.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Reina-chan? Have you finished filming?”

“Uh, yeah. How did you know we had filming?” I don’t recall telling her…

“Miki told me. Anyway, should we leave now?” Leave now? What is she talking about? Unless…

“Maki-san…where are you right now?” There’s a pause and a shy giggle. Why does it sound like I can hear her in both ears? It’s only a gut feeling but I get up and open the door to find Maki standing there smiling brightly at me again. I can’t believe her! I can’t help but smile back as she hangs up.

Before I can say anything she pushes past me, grabs my bag and then walks out again, this time taking hold of my hand and pulling me along. I can barely register the fact that she’s dragging me off in such a strange manner. What’s the rush? Within the next ten minutes Maki manages to pull me outside, hail a taxi, throw me inside and then clamber in after me. My head was starting to spin, not from being dragged around like a garbage bag, but from Maki’s strangely energetic behaviour and enthusiasm to get me to her place. It’s as if she has something incredibly amazing to show or tell me.

I don’t realise that I’m staring at her until her eyes meet mine and for a moment we’re locked in our own moratorium. I glance away, feeling the blush rise in my cheeks. Those few seconds seemed to bring back all the uneasiness I had tried to forget. As the taxi continues in the direction of Maki’s apartment, we sit in a deadly and uncomfortable silence for several minutes. My mind tries to find something interesting to say, but draws a blank.

“So, um, how was filming today?” Maki breaks the awkward air, attempting to resurrect some form of communication. Glad for the break, I jump into it right away.

“You won’t believe it! They brought in a lion cub!” I gush excitedly to her. She squeals and calls me a liar, which I deny and tell her to ask the other members. With this playful conversation the awkwardness disappears once again, and just like last night, we speak to each other like normal friends, happy to be in one another’s company. When you’re relaxed and having fun, time seems to fly by faster. Before I know it, we had arrived at Maki’s complex.

Even when we enter her apartment and chat about nothing, I still feel some sort of adrenalin rush from being so excited. It’s strange – this is only the second day that we’ve really spent with each other, yet it feels like it has been a lot longer. Almost as if we’ve been doing this all our lives. We finally take a moment to catch our breaths and sit in silence, though this time it’s a comfortable one.

“I like being alone with you,” Maki says contently, her eyes closed and head resting on the back of the couch. I just sit there, my eyes wide at her. Suddenly she opens her eyes, realising what she just said. Maki shifts around uncomfortably. The comment itself isn’t that big of a deal, but considering how we’ve been acting towards each other, and also taking into account our feelings…it was a little weird hearing it. Why couldn’t we just say what we were feeling without hesitation? We both want the same thing, right?

“I like it too,” I say quietly after an awfully long minute has passed. I don’t look at her, instead staring at my own knees. I should just tell her. Now. Right now. I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. Why can’t I say it?

It feels really unpleasant now, sitting here in silence, waiting for the other to say something first. I have a desperate urge to just leave, and try to think of a believable excuse. I suddenly feel warmth wrapped around me. Huh? I sit there stunned. My heart beats rapidly and my cheeks blush for the umpteenth time since Maki stepped back into my life. What is she doing? Is this her solution for everything? Can’t she do anything else besides put her arms around me when things start to take a turn in an undesirable direction? I bite my lip, trying to fight back the lump in my throat and the tears that would surely follow that.

“Stop it,” I barely manage to say clearly. I stare ahead of me into nothingness and her form stiffens against me. “Please…just stop…” I say, my voice cracking. Maki withdraws her arms from me and moves back a little.

“Reina-chan?” Maki questions, the uncertainty in her voice almost scares me into apologising but I don’t. How can we continue like this without communication? It’s not possible…it won’t work. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that,” Maki says softly.

She fidgets with the loose papers and supermarket brochures on her coffee table; putting them into piles and then moving them from one corner of the table to another. Watching her do this is starting to irritate me. Finally she stops trying to look unaffected and turns to face me directly. Her eyes tinged with a certain sadness that wrenches at my heart and makes me wish I hadn’t said anything in the first place.

“Look…I didn’t mean it like that…it’s just tha-“

“That what? That you don’t enjoy those small moments we share?” Maki sharply cuts in, sadness quickly turning into anger, accusing me of things that aren’t anywhere near the truth. I swallow back tears and shake my head.

“No! You know it’s not like that. Don’t just throw around accusations like that without letting me finish what I was trying to say,” I reply almost in disbelief. She sits there stubbornly; ready dispute whatever comes out of my mouth. “It’s just that…that…” she looks at me coldly. She’s giving me the chance to say what I wanted to, but why am I having trouble with it now? “We don’t really talk much, do we?” I ask her quietly. Maki’s cold stare continues.

“We talked a lot last night, and today,” she says matter-of-factly.

“But it didn’t have anything to do with us,” I reply.

“I don’t follow you, because it seemed to me that we talked a lot about ourselves last night. Were you there or not?” Maki bites back. When did she become so hot headed? I take a few breaths in an effort to calm down.

“Not just us…I mean…us...” I say, averting my eyes from her gaze and instead look at my hands. “Every time it gets weird you just hold me…and then the issue seems to fix itself…there’s something not right about that,” I tell her, still not looking at her.

“So you’re saying that you never want me to hold you again? Maybe you should have made that clearer from the start! You certainly didn’t seem to mind all those times that I did hug you. If anything you just – “

“It’s not like that!” I cry out, tears finally escaping from my eyes. “I just mean that we should talk about things more! All we do is get awkward…then you hold me…then we move on as if nothing happened.”

“If you feel that why then why didn’t you say so earlier?” Maki questions me. I finally look up at her, and am a bit surprised. Her eyes are darker than normal, glassy from trying to hold back tears.

“Because every time I tried you would just put your arms around me! How can I compete with that…I’m powerless to do anything against that…” I tell her, tears flowing steadily down my cheeks.

“What are you trying to say?” Doesn’t she get it? Her ignorance fuels my anger and before I can think twice I say something incredibly stupid.

“Don’t pretend like you don’t know! How can I do anything when I have those pressing into me?!” motioning my wet eyes towards her chest. I regret the words as soon as they leave my mouth.

As realisation dawns on Maki she promptly stands up and after a moment of glaring at me, she walks to the glass door of her balcony. She stands there stiffly, looking confused and infuriated at the same time. She sniffles and I mentally curse myself over and over again.

That’s completely not what I wanted to say. It doesn’t even have anything to do with the situation – it was just a messy slip of the tongue that caused those words to tumble out.

“I’m sorry…that’s not what I meant! I just…it’s not really…they’re not…” How can I fix what I’ve so stupidly said now? “It’s just…they’re more noticeable recently…” Damn it! How can I say two stupid things in a row? Maki glances at me with hurt in her eyes, slightly red from crying. My own eyes feel puffy and tired too.

“What do you mean?” Maki quietly asks me. The panic in my mind doubles as I try to put my thoughts into words that won’t sound idiotic or like they’re implying something that they’re not. Maki turns back to staring out into the dark city landscape. I get up, wipe my face and stand a small distance behind her. She doesn’t turn around. “People keep making a big deal out of it…saying things…like I got surgery for them…and…” Maki trails off, her voice barely a whisper. I hadn’t realised that the things tabloids said had affected her so much. My heart reaches out to her, but my body stays glued to its position.

“That’s not what I meant…” I say quietly, hoping that I didn’t say something even more idiotic.

“They’re real,” Maki whispers.

I’ve never thought otherwise, but because I rushed to say something without really thinking, that’s what it seems like I believe. I never knew the kind of pressure she faced before this. I walk up to her and stand before her, looking up at her tear-stained face. I shuffle in closer to her until there isn’t any space between us left and then lean my head in the crook of her neck. At first Maki shies away, curling back defensively but I take another step in. Eventually, she relaxes.

“I know they are,” I whisper back to her. My tears begin to soak her top as we stand there in silence, leaning against each other for support. I blindly reach down and search for her hands, grasping them lightly, never wanting to let go.

Finally, though reluctantly she tugs her hands free of mine to wipe away my tears as well as her own. I stand there feeling more than guilty for what I just did to her. Maki leads me back to sit on the sofa and I wonder if she’s angry at me.

“Goto-san…just now…I didn’t mean to bring that up. It just slipped out before I could think about it and I – “

““Hey…I told you before. It’s okay to call people by their first names,” she says, this time being sure of herself. I breathe a sigh of relief as she rolls back into her natural self. I hadn’t even realised that I had called her ‘Goto-san’. Maki smiles that smile at me, and as simply as that I know she’s forgiven me.

I look away for a moment and something that I didn’t notice earlier catches my eye on Maki’s coffee table. It’s a simple silver photo frame. I lean over to pick it up and instantly feel the tears well up in my eyes all over again. I fight them back and glance at Maki, who’s giving me a sheepishly shy look.

It’s the photo that we took with my camera in the ferris wheel during Futarigoto. I got an extra copy developed and gave it to Maki, who at the time seemed indifferent. I feel Maki move closer to me as I continue to stare at the picture, amazed that she had kept it in a place where she would be able to see it so often. In one corner of the photo is a set of numbers scrawled in Maki’s handwriting. Though I already know the answer, I point to it and question her with my eyes, too touched to be able to say anything comprehendible. Maki smiles at me, her eyes shining with bubbly affection.

“0-7-5-1-0. ReinaGotou. It’s our number,” Maki says proudly as she wipes a lone tear from beneath my eye and takes the frame from my hands, placing it back on the table.

I shuffle a bit closer and leaning in I tentatively clasp my hands around her waist. After some hesitation she lightly wraps her arms around my shoulders. Is this what people do when they can’t express their feelings in words? I suppose the saying ‘actions speak louder than words’ rings true here. Her breath is steady against the top of my head, but against her neck, I can feel her pulse faintly beating at a much faster rate. Is she scared? Nervous? Anxious? Eventually she pulls her arms away from me, and likewise I do the same (though hesitantly).

“I’m sorry! Just now you were saying we shouldn’t – “

Maki stops when I put a finger to her lips, silencing her. She looks confused, her brow furrowed in a manner that I can only describe as utterly cute. She has her hands firmly flat on either side of her on the couch, determined not to move them.

“No, I’m sorry…” I don’t finish because I choke on my words and look down at my hands, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt and suddenly realising that I had touched Maki’s lips. It doesn’t really occur to me how close a range we’re sitting at until I turn and face her again. Slightly taken aback by Maki’s nose being barely an inch away from mine, I instantly freeze and turn rigid. My throat feels dry and I have to swallow several times to wash away that feeling. Maki leans forward until our noses are touching and I can feel her gentle breath.

“Thank you for being here tonight,” Maki whispers, sending a shudder through my body. I see myself reflected in Maki’s eyes, and within the depths of those eyes I can see her understanding of my thoughts without actually having been told. It doesn’t really matter right now that we don’t say much about ourselves because clearly within each other, we can see and understand one another completely.

And with that, she presses her lips against mine for a split second. My heart pounds as I stare into her eyes. What did that mean just now? Am I supposed to do something else? I don’t know what to do, even though I’m secretly happy with that intimate contact. Before I can think about it further she kisses my lips again, and again it’s brief. She stares intently into my eyes, looking for any sign of hesitation. I know that she won’t find any, and my body moves at its own accord. I press my lips against hers this time, staying there until I feel her lips move against mine. Suddenly but surely her tongue finds its way to mine and I feel my cheeks flush at the sensation of it. I allow myself to melt against her, ready to offer myself completely and undoubtedly to her. Maki gently pushes me so that gradually we’re lying down with her body above mine. She plants light, warm kisses along my jaw line and eventually reaches my throat. I let the sensations take over, not even thinking about where this could lead or how we might feel afterwards.

Suddenly she stops and I feel her breathe a contented sigh beside my ear. Maki squeezes herself between myself and the couch with her head beside mine, lying there with her arm draped across my stomach. I lie there beside her, somewhat relieved that she stopped before it got too intense to control.

“Maki-san,” I breathe as I reach down to take her hand, not really knowing what I’m doing. I turn my head to face her and she gives me a sheepish grin to which I find myself almost unknowingly smiling back at. Maki simply gazes into my own eyes, happy with the both us of lying in silence. I must admit, I feel unexpectedly comfortable with this as well.

As we continue to lie there without uttering a word, I feel as if the sun has finally basked me in all its warm glory, lighting up the path ahead of me, allowing me to face the unknown. At the same time it’s also behind me, as well as beside me holding my hand, lending me its magnificent strength and as I move on, it wraps its arms tightly around me, never letting me out of sight. This is the strength, the support, the love…the brilliant sun that is Maki.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 01:24:41 PM by goosefish »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Sun
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »
-jumps for joy- YAY~! ReinaxGoto kiss!  -still jumps for joy- You're my hero~! <3~! Can't wait til you write mooooore~! <3~!

Offline YoukaiChica

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 06:58:06 PM »
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this chapter for days and it was worth the wait. The tension, the tears, all of it was just awesome! And now they're happy and understand each other, right???

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
Sun
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2006, 01:00:30 AM »
Wow...very touching chapter here...really well done goosefish...
not easy to confess your love when you are in h!p huh ?...after reading Aya and Miki's one in M.A.R.I and Risako's one in It's not your fault so please stop your crying now.. now we get another hard/sad one...but what a great job (i havn't read all the fics, so i'm sure i'm missing a lot)...you guys are very impressive. finding the correct words would take all my life...but you just made it sound so easy...

back to your fanfic
i've notice you found a Title...love that too.  

This is the strength, the support, the love…the brilliant sun that is Maki.

i'm already speechless...well, i guess what i have to say is that i love your fic, it's really a pleasure to read it...discovering how this little couple is going to evolve...so keep your great job , please :)

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2006, 03:12:55 AM »
AH! SWEET! XD

Oh yeah, I noticed you suggested something similar to DO Me DO Me. Are you a mission to cleanse the world of excessively long paragraphs or something? Hehe j/k :D

Actually I am. But shh! Can't let the paragraphs know that!
You know, I make most of my paragraphs only three or four sentences each. But I'm just wierd like that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 03:27:18 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Sun
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 08:21:09 AM »
Man this is good. Its refreshing reading about Reina being shy and insecure instaed of the yankee personality she usually shows XD I like how you wrote the massage part too. Very very nice :)

Offline whirlywindz

• Member+
Sun
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 03:48:54 PM »
Very sweet and beautifully written.
I love the way you write and how you illustrate what's on Reina's mind.

Keep up the good work!!

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 04:43:46 PM »
Cute!!!!

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Sun
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 05:17:57 PM »
Can't believe I missed the new chapter earlier today :evil:

I have run out of words to say because the others above me have said it already. :)

All I can say now is "Nice job! Please keep it up!" :thumbsup

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
Sun
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 05:47:42 PM »
Quote from: wordsworth
I have run out of words to say because the others above me have said it already. :)

I second this XD GANBATTE~ :thumbsup

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
Sun
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2006, 08:33:38 PM »
wow, didn't expect that. Reina/Maki seems to be in this season huh? I first read the story from the other forum, so don't stop posting there. Maybe it'll help jumpstart the thread again. :lol: Well you've captured my interest so I can't wait to see what happens next.

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »
Disappeared for a while because I've been trying to study. :evil: HSC is just around the corner and it's totally killing me!

Thanks to all who read again! :P

Quote from: Yuuyami
-jumps for joy- YAY~! ReinaxGoto kiss! -still jumps for joy- You're my hero~! <3~! Can't wait til you write mooooore~! <3~!
Hero? YAY!! More will be coming soon!

Quote from: YoukaiChica
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this chapter for days and it was worth the wait. The tension, the tears, all of it was just awesome! And now they're happy and understand each other, right???
Well, we'll just have to see about that :D

Quote from: ChrNo
Wow...very touching chapter here...really well done goosefish...
not easy to confess your love when you are in h!p huh ?...after reading Aya and Miki's one in M.A.R.I and Risako's one in It's not your fault so please stop your crying now.. now we get another hard/sad one...but what a great job (i havn't read all the fics, so i'm sure i'm missing a lot)...you guys are very impressive. finding the correct words would take all my life...but you just made it sound so easy...

back to your fanfic
i've notice you found a Title...love that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefish
This is the strength, the support, the love…the brilliant sun that is Maki.

i'm already speechless...well, i guess what i have to say is that i love your fic, it's really a pleasure to read it...discovering how this little couple is going to evolve...so keep your great job , please :smile:
I don't think it's easy to confess your love even if you're NOT in H!P, and I think trying to find the words so that you can say exactly how you feel is extremely difficult. Thus, we have Reina and Maki not really knowing how to say what they feel.

Quote from: rndmnwierd
AH! SWEET! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefish
Oh yeah, I noticed you suggested something similar to DO Me DO Me. Are you a mission to cleanse the world of excessively long paragraphs or something? Hehe j/k :grin:

Actually I am. But shh! Can't let the paragraphs know that!
You know, I make most of my paragraphs only three or four sentences each. But I'm just wierd like that.
I think sometimes when I make my paragraphs too short it starts to look too raggedy... BAH! We've discussed the length of paragraphs over a number of posts now! XD

Quote from: lil_hamz
Man this is good. Its refreshing reading about Reina being shy and insecure instaed of the yankee personality she usually shows XD I like how you wrote the massage part too. Very very nice :smile:
Thanks! I think all the members have some sort of insecurities though...wait...I think everyone has insecurities regardless of how much they tend to try and hide it.

Quote from: whirlywindz
Very sweet and beautifully written.
I love the way you write and how you illustrate what's on Reina's mind.

Keep up the good work!!
Thanks for the support, I'll keep trying to write and finish this fic!:)

Quote from: Mayonnaise
Cute!!!!
XD All I can say is: that made me squeal!

Quote from: wordsworth
Can't believe I missed the new chapter earlier today :evil:

I have run out of words to say because the others above me have said it already. :smile:

I'll certainly try my best!

Quote from: jafeijai
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth
I have run out of words to say because the others above me have said it already. :smile:

I second this XD GANBATTE~ :thumbsup
Lol, in that case...how many different ways can I say "I'll try my best"? :bounce:

Quote from: DO Me DO Me
wow, didn't expect that. Reina/Maki seems to be in this season huh? I first read the story from the other forum, so don't stop posting there. Maybe it'll help jumpstart the thread again. :lol: Well you've captured my interest so I can't wait to see what happens next.
Haha yeah, I didn't realise that it was until I read some of the fics here:lol:. Don't worry, I had no intentions of stopping my posts at the other forum. It's just been trying to cram in study all the time and trying not to let myself wander away from that too much. But now that you mention it, I'll post the next two chapters up over there :)

Next chapter coming up soon!

Offline SeeYa

• Member+
Sun
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 10:45:02 PM »
YAYAYAY!

Next chapter coming up soon!

That one sentence has made me the happiest person alive, for today! =)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Sun
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 11:04:21 PM »
I'm a very happy person tooo~! <3~!

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »
SeeYa and Yuuyami: Aw, glad you guys feel that way! :oops:

And here we have the next chapter. It turned out abit strange and went in a completely different direction from what I originally intended, but a chapter is a chapter so here you all go :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 04:24:01 PM by goosefish »

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »
Chapter 4

“Say Reina, you’re in a really good mood today. Did something special happen?” Eri asks me curiously. I think about last night and feel myself blush at the thought. Luckily, we’re on a break for dance rehearsal and my face is already bright pink. I wipe my face with my towel and just smile at her, not wanting to give too much away.

“Yeah…it’s like you’re shining all over. Then again, that’s probably all the sweat you’re covered in…” Sayu says quite seriously. She doesn’t even realise that had she said it in a slightly different tone it would have been a joke. Eri and I laugh at her because of this and she puffs out her cheeks, demanding to know what it is that’s so funny. I smile to myself again as I think about Maki. I wonder if I’ll see her today…or if she’ll message me…or if she’ll call…or…

“Reina!” Eri pokes my arm. I look at her questioningly. “You look way too happy. Spill!”

“Wh…what? You’re imagining things Eririn! I’m the same as every other day,” I try to convince her. Even while denying her claims my grin only grows wider and I’m unable to control it. I feel so giddy and bubbly inside that I just laugh at Eri’s unimpressed face.

We spend the remaining minutes of the break arguing about my happiness and then have to get stuck into the last hour of intense dance practice. It’s gruelling, it’s harsh and for some reason I’m completely loving it. At the end of rehearsal our instructor gives us a quick briefing.

“You all know the songs, you all know the dances. A few of you have slacked off today but don’t go turning that into a habit. You should be giving it your all like Tanaka did today.”

Suddenly there’s a rush of hushed voices surrounding me and I feel slightly uncomfortable with the praise, even though I’m happy to be receiving it. Was I really any different today? Eri quite blatantly laughs at me and a few members mumble encouraging words to me. I catch Miki staring directly into my eyes and feel even more uncomfortable, despite my high spirits. I quickly think about the past few hours. Did I do or say anything to agitate her today? I can’t think of anything that would warrant a look like that from her so I try not to think about it.

As we head for the change rooms Eri and Sayu continue their interrogation on me, even though they’re aware that I won’t let up. I laugh at them, remaining victorious, and tell them to go get changed because they smell. This only fuels them on and they squeal and squeak even more until Miki tells them to be quiet.

Miki is being awfully cold today. I mean, more so than usual. Even while I have my back turned to her I can feel her gaze on me. I get changed as quickly as possible, no longer able to stand being under her watch, and am about to leave when she stops me. I feel a certain dread that only Miki can instil upon me.

“Come on, we’re getting a drink at the café,” Miki plainly orders.

“Uh…”

“My shout.”

I sigh. That’s not what I’m really concerned about here… I give up trying to defy her and just follow her to the café on the next floor. We sit at a secluded table even though the café isn’t busy at the moment and Miki orders us ice tea. I anxiously grip the sides of my chair as I wonder what sort of business she would ever have with me.

“Um, Fujimoto-san…did I do something to make you mad?” I decide to cut straight to the chase. She looks at me and then sighs. It seems as though the incredible happiness that I was floating in not long ago is unable to reach me right now, the presence of Miki is probably overriding it.

“I understand that you’re seeing Maki?” she says, clasping her hands in front of herself on the table. My face beets red as I stare at her, my mouth agape, unable to really comprehend how or why she knows this. Is this what she’s upset about? My mouth feels all dry and as soon as our drinks arrive I gulp down half the glass in one go. It doesn’t help. My head spins, racing through all the possible scenarios that may have led to this point. Suddenly I realise that Miki is waiting for an answer.

“I…well you see…it’s…” I’m having problems trying to give her a straight answer. Why is it so hard for me to say ‘yes’? Better yet, what does this have to do with her? My head spins again and I just nod in response.

“Are you serious about her?” Miki asks, staring directly into my eyes and making me uncomfortable. I already knew my answer to this question long before I was ever asked it. I can’t help but feel uneasy. Why is Miki prying into my business like this? Normally, she wouldn’t even think twice about something that doesn’t involve her. She already has Matsuura-san, so why is she so concerned about who Maki is seeing?

“I am, but…” I hesitate to ask her why she’s so interested. Instead I peer into my glass and swirl around the ice cubes with the straw.

“But what?” Miki quickly asks. Why is she so curious? Why should she have the right to any of these answers? I feel a little agitated from her direct approach and have a burning desire to just stand up and leave. “Is this what you really want?” Miki hits me with another question. What is she really up to? It’s driving me insane that I don’t know what she hopes to achieve out of this little interrogation of hers.

“Yes, but - ”

“But what? Why is there a ‘but’ on the end of all your answers?” Miki probes. I sigh because she’s taken it the wrong way now. The tone in Miki’s voice suddenly reminds of Maki last night during our little argument – angry, but uncertain and burning with desire to know the truth. I remember the look in Maki’s eyes and feel that familiar lump in my throat return. Miki clears her throat, instantly bringing me out of my thoughts. Come on, get a grip Reina!

“I’m not saying ‘but’ because I have doubts about Goto-san and I. I’m saying ‘but’ because I’m wondering why you’re so interested in this…” I answer truthfully, wondering if I would somehow set her off. For a split second Miki looks uncomfortable, but it was brief so I’m not sure if I really saw it. She sips her ice tea and doesn’t answer me. Why is she hiding her reasoning now? Isn’t she the straight forward Fujimoto Miki that we’ve all come to accept? What’s gotten into her?

“Because she cares about you.”

The voice startles both Miki and I, and we jump in our seats. I look up to see Matsuura-san standing just behind Miki, gazing down at both of us. Wait a second…she cares about me? I mean…not that I mind or anything, but just hearing it actually being said is strange. Especially because it’s Miki.

Matsuura-san pulls a chair up to join us and then reaches over to take a sip of Miki’s tea. Meanwhile, Miki sits there scowling at her.

“I thought you had voice training,” Miki says in annoyance. I can’t believe it…Miki getting all sore because her tough image was taken apart by one simple sentence. I almost laugh at the situation but then remember my manners.

“Sensei was sick so we finished early. Anyway, don’t go changing the subject,” she scolds Miki before turning to look at me. “Don’t mind all her questions about you and Gocchin…she just gets worried about you two sometimes.” I sit there with my mouth most likely wide open. This tiny piece of insight is almost too intense too handle. I’ve never heard of this side of Miki before. I thought she only ever got worried about Matsuura-san…but now…

“What? Too hard to believe?” Miki asks, giving me an icy look. This person who is throwing daggers at me with her eyes gets worried about me? Eehh?! Did some body abduct Miki and replace her with artificial intelligence? Why on earth would she be worried about me?

“No!” I half yell and half say loudly. Surprisingly, Miki laughs at me. “No…I just mean that…I don’t know really. We’ve never really spoken before this, that’s all…” I trail off, wondering if that made any sense to her. Another thought occurs to me. “How did you know I wasn’t lying to you just now…when you asked me those questions?” I ask her, genuinely interested.

“Despite how slow Sayu and Eri may be when it comes to your lies, for me you’re quite easy to read,” Miki snorts, some form of arrogance returning to her voice. Matsuura-san reaches the bottom of the glass, loudly trying to suck up the few remaining millilitres of tea.

Easy to read? The idea bothers me a little, but I don’t say anything. For some reason, the thought of Miki watching over me is strangely comforting.

“If you need anything, just ask Miki,” Matsuura-san brings me out of my thoughts. Miki scratches the back of her head, unsure of how to act at a moment like this. I find myself marvelling at this newly discovered Miki and nod enthusiastically, causing Matsuura-san to laugh. “And if she’s of no help, just ask me!” Matsuura-san informs me, to which Miki shoots her a playful, offended look.

“Thankyou, to both of you…for um…” I find it hard to put the words together all of a sudden. I feel grateful for them being so supportive…but this sudden intrusion has made me surround myself with walls again. I know that they’re good people, but I can’t bring myself to trust them so easily, especially when they seemed to have come out of nowhere so suddenly. I fiddle with my glass.

“We understand,” Miki says simply, looking and sounding awkward again. Matsuura-san laughs at her and then pulls her to stand up, telling me that they have a GAM recording to get to and leave me to myself.

As I finish the rest of my ice tea, I marvel at how these past few days have seemed to change my life. Amongst the rushed and busy schedules, I have managed to find some sort of solidity. All the same, I can’t help but feel a little bit uneasy at the presence of Miki and Matsuura-san. Why did they only make themselves known to me now? Does it have to do with my link to Maki? Why are they concerned about either of us? This is nagging at my mind, and I feel as if the two of them are hiding something from me.

I shake my head, trying rid myself of these uncertain thoughts. I’m sure that they’re just looking over Maki and I and they have good intentions. But still…

I sigh and leave the café before I give myself another headache trying to come up with an answer that probably isn’t even right.

I head down the corridor towards my dressing room. I need some time to recuperate and relax before heading on home. Somewhere along the way I pick up the voices of Miki and Matsuura-san behind a door. I thought they had a recording? Stopping dead in my tracks I wonder what they could be so secretively talking about. An uneasy feeling comes over me again as I stand as still as possible and listen.

“Was it really ok to speak to her about it?” Matsuura-san’s voice aks.

“Yeah…don’t worry about it too much,” Miki’s voice replies.

“But she didn’t seem too happy about it. And what would Maki think?”

“Well…this is the first time we’ve really spoken to her, so I think it’s understandable that she might be hesitant. As for Maki…she care’s about Reina…she’ll be ok with it.”

“If anything goes wrong...”

“I know.”

Before I hear more of what I’m not supposed to, I quickly slink away to my dressing room. My head begins to throb and my stomach feels unsettled. Why am I getting such a bad feeling from all of this?

I run over the conversation with Miki and Matsuura-san as well as what I just heard again and again. It all seemed so innocent…yet something just doesn’t sit well. If they came to tell me that they were worried about Maki and I, then why would they question their actions afterwards? Was it something that they did unintentionally and were now regretting? Why would they be concerned about what Maki might think about all this? I mean…it’s their personal opinion but it sounded as if they sort of…feared Maki’s judgement.

Maki.

I miss her already.

Sighing as I lean back in my chair, I wonder what she would think about all this. I want to tell her what happened…but the way that Miki and Matsuura-san spoke about her today…I don’t know anymore. What are they hiding from me? Is there something that Maki is hiding from me too? I thought that my anxieties ended last night, but now new ones have appeared making me question every single detail.

Ugh. My head is throbbing again. That’s it…I can’t exactly work this out on my own when I don’t even know half the story…I’ll ask Maki what she thinks the next time I see her, but for now all I can do is try not to worry.

As if!

I sigh yet again. I bet my forehead will get permanently creased with wrinkles already if I keep frowning for so long and worrying about what it is that certain people are really up to. These certain people who have somehow managed to weave their existences into my already hectic life, and then made me question their motives, made me question them as people, and made me question matters that I’m probably not meant to know about. Matters that concern Maki…how can I not be concerned?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:44:36 PM by goosefish »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2006, 04:32:04 PM »
Maki! Maki! Maki! Reina! Reina! Reina! Marsha! Marsha! Marsha! Uh, what?

Offline goosefish

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sun
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2006, 04:32:52 PM »
XD  ^ That was hella fast!!

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: C-ute - MUGEN CLIMAX