JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: MAX - Magic

Author Topic: First Touch of Melting Snow  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Tikitty

• ecchi
First Touch of Melting Snow
« on: December 07, 2007, 05:17:11 AM »
Haha, i barely write fics anymore but since i had written this as a little belated birthday thing for Rei.rev.07, i thought i might as well post it here. You know, share the crazy Tanakamei lurve =]

Anyways, let me know what you guys think of it and enjoy!

But I'll always stay a MikixAya fan. >=]

First Touch of Melting Snow
Tanakamei - one shot fiction
Tikitty

It was unusual for Eri to wake up extremely early in the morning, she wasn’t even sure if the sun had fully risen as she looked out the blurry window beside her bed. She watched as the few specks of snow fell from the otherwise clear sky outside. Her room was still mysteriously dark, shadows consuming the corners and creeks of the messy room that was Eri’s. She rubbed her still tired eyes, letting out a natural and long yawn and stretching her arms in the cold air. A shiver spiked down her delicate spine, she had forgotten how cold it had gotten in such a fast time. October had rolled around so fast and she was sure it probably was the beginning of November by now. She really didn’t keep track of the days, practice had consumed everyone’s souls at this point in time. November, now where did that ring a bell in her head? November…. November…. Cold… New single coming out…. lots of practice …..11th….

Eri shot up from her warm comfy bed and stared at the dark shadow in front of her, she really wasn’t paying attention to anything around her except for the one detail in her mind she had somehow totally forgotten until now.
“Oh no!” Eri gasped, clasping her hands over her mouth as she did so, her eyes went wide in shock. She had forgotten. She had forgotten a very, very special day. Flipping the feathery covers from her futon looking bed, Eri jumped out from the bed and put on the green turtle slippers that had sat loyally by her bed before running towards the door. Slamming the door behind her just a little too loudly than she should have, she raced down the supposedly quiet hallway that connected the dorms of the current members of morning musume. Not noticing the innocent puddle of water on the floor in front of her, her turtle slipper made bad contact with wet part of the floor. In a matter of seconds Eri had let out a short scream of pain, her elbow making first contact with the hard cold floor. The high-pitched scream echoed off the wall, coming back to her only seconds later as more of a muffled babble of nonsense than anything audible. She got up, rubbing her elbow as she did so, and strided more cautiously down the hallway into the main corridor.

A loud noise from outside had awaken Reina from her awesome slumber which involved battling evil monkey ninjas of doom with her trusty side kicks who so happened to be little kamikaze turtles. The dream made no sense what so ever but because she had barely got enough sleep the past few weeks thanks to the insane practice schedules, she was enjoyed kicking random monkey ninja ass if it meant a good night’s sleep. She yawned in a short breath, her arms flailing as she wished that she could just snuggle back with her pillow and snooze on; but just as she was about to, her alarm went off.
“EHHHh??! Is it even recording?”
“Mouuu, Eri shut up, I already turned it on. Say something to wake Reina up already!”
“….ERIC KAMEZOU DESU. YOROSHI- OUCH!”
“That’s lame Eri! Say something like….. uhhh… USA-CHAN-PEASSUUU~~!”
“Now you’re being lame Sayu”
“No you’re lame!”
“No you’re la-”
“What are you guys doing in my room!?”
“Iyaa~!”

Reina couldn’t help but to laugh for the hundredth time since she had first heard that alarm go off. That crazy recorded alarm by the kawaii duo was her new muse in the morning ever since they had given it to her in the summer, nothing could wake her up faster than the ramblings of Eri and Sayumi. The only thing that set her back a bit was the nervous twinge she felt inside of her whenever she heard the hilarious recording. She was always fully aware of how close Eri and Sayumi were and even if Eri had said her own affections were only for Reina she couldn’t help but to feel anxious whenever both Eri and Sayumi spent lots of time together.

But that was beside the point. Reina had let herself get so caught up in her own jealous emotions over the other rokkies that she hadn’t yet realized that today was indeed special for her. It was the 11th of November, her big day. Her birthday. She smiled, the strong sun was pouring in through the foggy glass of her window and into the now brightened room that was hers. She noticed the glisten of light from the few snowflakes that fell outside her window, it was strange seeing such a crowded corner street be speckled by white dots. She got up from her bed and threw the mangled blankets back onto her purple sheeted bed as neatly as possible, she was in a hurry to get out of the room. Forgetting to close the door behind her, she hopped out into the hallway and made her way to the door across from her.

Eri was freaking at this point in time, beyond the regular level of freakage that defined who Eri was. How could she forget the special day of the person she had feelings for? It was idiotic, had the days really gone by so fast? Was work really taking so much time away from her that she couldn’t even keep track of herself, let alone her personal activities?
   She squealed on her slipper heels, taking a sharp left in another corridor of the crazy maze they had called the ‘Momusu Headquarters.’ As Eri ran through a crowd of staff members who were fully dressed and in formal attire, Eri couldn’t help but to draw attention to herself as she remained dressed in her turtle PJs along with the green turtle slippers. Eri was getting desperate, her brain working in overdrive to come up with a possible answer to her dilemma. She had somehow figured that going down to the main floors below would be a good idea. She turned another corner, her hair whooshing in the wind, and quickly bolted into the open elevator, the doors closing briefly after her.

Reina had been searching for Eri and figured that Risa might have an idea as to where the long haired girl might have gone.
“Have you seen Eri?” Reina asked, she had opened Risa’s door and peered into the room that was Risa’s only to find that Risa was in fact waking up that very moment. Or, at least she thought it was Risa. The long brown haired girl who was now sitting upright on the bed, her back facing Reina, turned her head towards the doorway and squinted at the light the luminating hallway was producing through the crack of the doorway.
“…Takahashi?” Reina stammered, forgetting to say her sempai’s nickname like she had always before. She peered over beside Takahashi and noticed a large lump-like figure underneath the blankets, shivering in the apparent coldness that the morning had brought.
“Risa?” Reina called out again, questioning the oddly shaped lump under the covers. Takahashi remained silent, in thought, her eyes looking anywhere but in Reina’s direction. Coyishly, the lump started to move towards the outside of the covers and out popped a head followed by two arms.
“Ai…. Were you callinnn-…. REINA?!” Risa gasped, wide eyed. She pulled the covers back over her head as though the gesture would rewind time back at least a couple of minutes.
“Risa, she already saw you” Ai sighed, she nudged the girl beside her who once again poked her now bright red head out from under the covers.
“Who left the door open last…..night….” Risa stopped herself before her comment got any worse. Reina stepped back, uncertain as to handle the situation.
“I’m so, so sorry” Reina stammered, backing out into the hallway.
“I haven’t seen her” Came a voice from inside the room, Reina was unsure as to who it was, she didn’t dare to look back. She was about to close the door when a voice that sounded like Ai’s called for her to wait. She slowly peered back into the room, Risa was now snuggled on Ai’s lap and once again sleeping.
“Happy Birthday Reina” Ai called out, her face a little disappointed by the situation in which she was congratulating Reina, but the tone of her voice was sympathetic and warming. Reina just nodded and closed the door behind her before walking in a direction that was not behind her.

Reina was lost in her own thoughts. She knew Ai and Risa were quite close, closer than before….together to say the least but she never knew that they were, well, doing things. Things Reina wished she could experience with Eri. Things that she wanted to do, to express her feelings to Eri. But she just could never make such a close connection with Eri, Eri was either too shy or said she was never ready to further her commitment. Reina only felt left out of Eri’s heart when she had always tried to spend more time with Eri but instead never really furthered themselves into any sort of commitment. This was an indicator to Reina that Eri might not have felt the same way Reina had felt about her.

Just then two arms wrapped around Reina’s waist from behind as she felt a presence from behind her. Trying to budge from her grasp, Reina squirmed in the hold that the person behind her kept tight. Reina craned her neck to get a glimpse of her captor and was not surprised at who it turned out to be.
“Miki, I know it’s you. You can stop that now…” Reina sternly said, letting her body go limp and half-expecting her captor to properly release her. Miki only smirked.
“And miss out on the Birthday-girl’s yearly Miki-present?”
Reina jerked her head again, looking at Miki who was peering back but still holding her firm grip. Reina huffed, “Last year you pretty much got the best of me, what with those magical fingers of yours” Reina made sure to empashize the comment of Miki’s ‘Magical fingers.’ They were evil, everyone knew they were pure evil. Instead, Miki shook her head, managing to keep her menacing smile.
“Nahh, I’ve come this time for something special”
As Miki spoke, she turned Reina’s body around to face her, her hands firmly grasping Reina’s shoulders. Reina continued to look at Miki eyes, trying to understand exactly what Miki was up to. As Reina scanned Miki’s face with no luck in detecting the possible danger, she tried to back up away from Miki but was stopped when she hit the hard cold wall behind her.
“Your innocence”
Reina’s eyes went wide open, she only realized then what that meant as Miki swooped in for the kill. Reina quickly turned her head to the side, her eyes clenched and her lips pursed closed as she let out a little squeal of anxiousness. There was an odd silence that filled the hall. The grip on her shoulders loosened and Reina couldn’t help but to open her eyes to see that Miki had backed off completely. The smirk still remained on Miki’s devilish face.
“Ahhh, so there is someone out there for you” Miki tisked, “Too bad, it would have been fun to have taken your first kiss, that is, I’m assuming that it’d be your first…”
Miki paused, breaking her scary train of thought, “Oh, and Happy Birthday Tanakacchi”
And with that, as fast as Miki had crept up on Reina, she was gone off down the hallway and out of sight leaving Reina slumping against the wall, trying to calm herself down.

Everyone was in the main lounge area watching yet another continuation of the famous drama that had swept the country. Reina had hoped that she could find Eri there before they would have afternoon vocal practice.
“Ohhhhh Jun-kun is sooooo cuuutttee!!” Aika said out loud, her arms expressing her fangirling through random flailing and gestures.
“Matsumoto is in every drama now a days, it’s a little boring now” Miki, who had found her way to the lounge before Reina was now sprawled out on the couch, flipping through the latest fashion magazine. As Reina entered, everyone diverted their attention to Reina and congratulated her on her 18th birthday, everyone except Eri. Reina desperately looked around, hoping that Eri was hiding behind Sayumi or was on the floor getting a front row seat while burning her pupils in front of the big screen TV. Alas, Eri was not even hiding under a cushion on the couches.

Everyone had gone all out with a big cake they secretly rolled out while they sang the all but too familiar birthday song which included sparklers and even an embarrassing pointed birthday hat in which Reina was supposed to wear the whole day. She was happy to know that her fellow members cared about her so much. She ate into the delicious cake, which made as a great lunch for her, and even fooled around as they had a huge pillow fight right there and then in the lounge. Reina was pretty sure Miki was trying to cop in some feels while people weren’t looking. None the less, she couldn’t have wished for a better mini birthday party before practice considering their schedules were so busy the next couple of weeks. Even the huge yakiniku feast the members had promised her later on in the week had left something for her to look forward to. But the pressing issue was that Eri was still no where in sight. The other members had said the Eri should have been there for the party but Sayumi was quick to respond that Eri told her she was out doing something important which they assumed was a meeting of some sort. Those excuses for some reason were hard for Reina to believe, that Eri would bail on Reina’s birthday like this, as though Reina’s special day had meant nothing to Eri.

Reina sighed as she placed the rest of her huge cake on the table across from her bed. She would need a lot of help finishing the rest of it before it would spoil. As satisfied as Reina should have been about everything that was done for her, she couldn’t help but to feel angry…no, not just that, but nervous…and maybe a little heartbroken. As selfish as it might have seemed, all that Reina really wanted was a personal happy birthday from Eri herself. She was on Reina’s mind too much, Eri was. Reina smacked her palm to the top of her head, trying to think of anything but how she felt about Eri’s ignorance. She looked over at the clock beside her, there was nearly an hour before vocal practice and she really hadn’t gotten much sleep the night earlier. Leaving her regular clothes on, she sat on her bed and was about to duck under the covers when the door burst open and in ran a long black haired girl.

“You have got to be kidding me Eri” Reina stared at the girl in front of her. Reina was furious that Eri had decided to burst in now to see Reina when clearly she could have showed up at the mini party. Reina just wasn’t in the mood to even talk to Eri, her pent up emotions were bubbling up from inside and overwhelming her. Just then Eri pointed at the party hat that lay resting on Reina’s head and gave a little snort of laughter. Reina had forgotten she was stuck wearing the hat for the rest of the day but quickly took it off of her head and placed it on the table.
“Ignore that” Reina grumbled, pushing the cardboard hat farther along the table but Eri couldn’t help but to laugh at how cute Reina looked with it on. Reina glared at Eri for laughing at her and Eri became instantly silent, she didn’t know what to say in response to Reina’s angry actions. Eri jerked a little as she stood uncomfortably in front of Reina.
“I well…. I uhhh…” Eri tried to start but was cut off by Reina’s harsh comments.
“You what? Missed the party today? Yes, I know okay. Too bad you had to go to what ever meeting it is they said you were at.”
“…No, Reina that’s not what-”
“Don’t give me the excuses Eri, if you don’t want to show up to something like my own birthday bash that’s fine by me. Just… you didn’t have to be so rude about it…”
Eri was silent. Reina just stared at the dumbfounded girl in front of her, she felt a tiny bit of satisfaction by knowing how badly Eri was taking her insults, but at the thought of Eri’s actions, or rather, inactions earlier today, Reina couldn’t help but to feel a mixture of anger and sadness swirl within her once again.
“Look, I know there’s really nothing going on between us right now. We hardly see each other as it is when we’re outside of momusu stuff. I mean… I thought I really….”, Reina stopped herself from going any farther, from hurting herself anymore with the relentless truth.
“Eri…” Reina sighed, she didn’t know how to put her emotions into words, “look, I know we, well, expressed something for each other last time and I think that, well, I think that maybe you’re just not ready for there to be something to be between us.”
Reina was rambling. Frankly she didn’t even know what she was really trying to say or where her point was going exactly. Eri’s eyes narrowed, the look on her face was of shock but still she remained oddly silent. Reina took Eri’s continuing silence as an answer to her internal question she had been longing figure out.
“I think that maybe this time is as good as any and we should consider…” Reina struggled to finish her sentence.
“No.” Eri said flatly. Reina looked at Eri’s eyes, they seemed more determined than ever. This time it was Eri’s turn to be unexplainably hurt, confused and even angry.
“So that’s it then, we’re officially-”
“No.” Eri stammered again.
“No what, Eri?”

Eri looked deep into Reina’s brown and glossy hurtful eyes. It was then that Eri noticed Reina wasn’t really angry and frustrated at Eri, but instead Eri could feel that Reina was really hiding the sadness of her heart. Everything was wrong, how could this be? Had she really screwed things up with Reina and her? No. She didn’t want things to end. She couldn’t, she didn’t know what she would do with out what it was that she and Reina shared. She didn’t want to part with her feelings, her feelings for Reina. It hurt her to even think about a possible future with out her. She wouldn’t handle it, she couldn’t. She just… she just wanted to be with…..

And it was then that Eri came into realization.

“Reina, I … I …don’t like you........

……..I love you.”

Eri pulled out a simple purple box out from behind her and opened it to reveal what was inside.

Reina gasped. Inside was a large white piece of melting snow that was formed into the shape of a turtle. A heart-shape was carved into its shell along with the cute little eyes and smaller details of the neck, feet and tail.

“I know it’s really nothing much but we had been so busy the past few weeks and today was the first snow fall of the year so I spent this morning trying to collect what little amount of snow there was around and I thought that….well really it’s just you know-”

Before Eri could finish her nervous and jittery run-on sentence Reina had wrapped her arms around Eri in a tight hug, almost squishing the turtle-present in front of them. Eri was slightly shocked at Reina’s change in mood and her unexpected gesture. Reina pulled back from her hug and Eri saw that tears were streaming down Reina’s cheeks. Eri quickly placed the purple box on the table beside them and reached her right hand to gently wipe away the wet trails of tears that had formed on Reina’s soft and rosy cheeks. As Eri did so, she looked up into Reina’s adorable eyes, both of which were already gazing upon hers. It was then Eri felt a desire that she had never felt before, she wanted Reina all to herself and at the same time, Eri felt she could give herself up for that someone she had complete trust in. Still taking in the sight of each other’s beautiful faces, Eri brought her other soft hand up to the other side of Reina’s smooth face. Both Eri’s hands made contact with Reina’s delicate skin, sliding to the back end of Reina’s burning cheeks and Eri slowly pulled herself closer to Reina.

Their lips touched almost magically, a kiss that was highly anticipated and long overdue. Reina instinctly placed her arms around Eri’s neck as they continued to kiss, their lips moving amongst each other’s and the passion from the both of them erupting in their mouths. It wasn’t long before had Reina dipped her tongue into Eri’s mouth and at her surprise Eri followed suit as the both of them explored each other’s mouths for the first time.

Eri was the first to break the kiss. They both caught their breath, their kissing game had turned into a breathing match. Reina’s hands, which had already lowered to Eri’s waist while they were busy kissing, gently pulled Eri in closer to Reina as she leaned her mouth against Eri’s ear and whispered ever so gently,

“I love you too.”

Eri smilied, she was ecstatic that Reina had felt the same way but deep down since the beginning, Eri somehow knew that Reina had really felt the same way as Eri. Eri had figured it was due to a lack of confidence in the both of them which had caused the rift between them and their inability to express their true feelings sooner.

“Happy Birthday Reina” Eri replied, smiling at the girl opposite to her.

Reina smirked, this day couldn’t have gotten any better. Or could it have?
Eri gave a sly smile at Reina, she tugged at Reina’s shirt and backed up towards the comfy bed behind her. Taking a possible hint, Reina took over and gently pushed Eri on top of the messy purple covers before slowly laying herself gently on top of Eri. Almost immediately they joined in lip lock, their busy tongues pursuing one another’s as their hands started to feel around each other’s bodies. It wasn’t until a few minutes later that slowly Reina pulled herself from Eri’s grasp around her and stayed hung over head of her, glancing carefully at the black-haired beauty that was just below her.
“Eri…” Reina started, she was overwhelmed by how she felt for the girl in front of her, “you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. I’m fine just knowing how you really feel” Reina explained, she didn’t want to put any pressure on Eri at all. Eri looked at Reina’s beautiful face, taking in every feature she so had longed to be with and for a second forgot what it was Reina had told her. Reina assumed Eri’s straightforward silence had meant she wasn’t ready but instead, Eri shook her head.
“No Reina, I want to be with you. I’m ready.” Eri shyly said, her cheeks turning a bright shade of pink. Reina smiled and kissed Eri’s nose in understanding, Eri was so cute when she blushed and was nervous. It was then that Eri pulled Reina closer to her again and Reina couldn’t help but to feel turned on by Eri’s random act of taking control as Reina began to slowly unbutton Eri’s shirt.

“So, guess who’s missing” Miki scowled at the other members beside her. Vocal lessons were well under way and still the two musume’s were missing in action.
“Ya, Where’s Tanakacchi and Erinrin?” Sayumi asked, unsure as to why the two rokkies would deliberately miss a vocal lesson.
“They weren’t feeling too well, I let them have this lesson off to rest” Ai quickly replied, but she was never good at lying. Miki could see right through the subleader’s horrible bluff.
“Not feeling too well? Or feeling too much?” Miki couldn’t help but to blurt out with a sly smile while both Risa and Ai shot Miki angry dagger stares in return.

“So everything’s okay with Eri and Reina now?” Ai quietly asked Risa as they sat around the vocal instructor in a semi circle.
“Yea, I think everything’s all worked out” Risa replied, keeping her eyes on the conductor as to not get in trouble. Risa then quickly added, “I had to stop Eri in the halls though. She was running back from outside with something.”
“Oh?” Ai asked, puzzled as to why Risa had to intervene between Eri’s chance to see Reina, “How come?”
Risa only chuckled, “She was still wearing her kame PJ’s from the morning. I had to tell her to go change before seeing Reina.”
Ai burst out laughing, which in turn got her in trouble by the instructor while many odd stares came at her directed from the other members, except for Risa of course, who had joined in on the laughter. Deep down, the both of them knew that things would work out for the best. It was certain that Reina couldn’t have been any happier on her special day or any other day for that matter, but no matter what, she was happy that she could spend it with the one she loved.

:)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: First Touch of Melting Snow
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:11:17 AM »
Reina's dream = :rockon:

Reina's alarm = XD XD XD

TanaKamei stuff = AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :wriggly:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 06:57:17 AM »
I'm about to burst with TanaKamei love right now. And if I end up gathering pieces of myself off the floor it's your fault XD
I want that alarm clock dammit!! Then I might actually end up in school on time :lol:

Ooohh TakaGaki sleeping together....er....did that come out wrong? I meant sharing a bed, yeah that's it :P
I almost had a heart attack when Eri uttered the words "I don't like you." And when the confession came, I grinned like crazy.

Eri is such a lil sweety, going out early morning to get that first snow :)
Are you gonna be writing more stories? Please do, you're good.

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:28:34 AM »
awwwww... you just made my day   :roll:
the snow turtle was so Eri-ish :lol:(i wonder how it haven't melted)

and the Takagaki moment, the alarm and ofcourse Miki-Sama were so funny..

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 10:51:16 AM »
That was great :D

I also request more writing from u (especially if you can throw more Takagaki moments in, they don't get enough love).

I love the "I don't like you, i love you" line, I always melt with things like that.

and YAY for TanaKamei, they are always great!

Offline meowz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 01:44:15 PM »
I love your tanakamei one-shots, they make me go all  :nya: :wriggly:

You couldn't have posted at a better time, it certainly brightened my miserable sickly day (down with a fever & flu, and was reading this in bed on my laptop clutching an ice-pack to my head).  :lol:

Oh and such an aptly named title too...makes me ago all awwww again  :P

Offline kazitakato

• "There's my opinion, and the wrong opinion"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 02:24:45 PM »
auwwwww.....that really got me  :heart: :heart:....not that i'm turning all fluffy or anything.... :farofflook:but it was just sooo goooodddd~ umaaaiiiii(speed wagon style)

but that alarm......i'd give a million dollars.....or a leg (take any pick) for that alarm :pleeease:

spreading the usa-chan love....i mean darkness(thanks to JFC)

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »
*ahem* first off I must join in the awwing

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~   :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya:

From start to finish I had a big grin on my face followed by random fangirl squeals  :shy2:  TakaGaki  :shy2: and TanaKamei  :shy1:

such a great thing to read inbetween Reina and Eri's bdays~   :heart:

oh yes and ~welcome back~

I remember reading your stuff!  Like Behind the Scenes of HM and Operation: Get my Pants :on lol:  Those were funny~~~

hopefully you'll post another story or two when you become inspired cause you definitely have fans here~  :wub:

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: MAX - Magic