JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Like a Cat

Author Topic: 2011 Kpop Song of the Year [RESULTS P.2!]  (Read 16970 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: 2011 Kpop Song of the Year [Voting closes 12am January 15th EST]
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 10:24:11 AM »
Btw isn't the Taxi song of SNSD's a Japanese release??
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »
hmm oh werd, but it had a Korean version on the Korean 'The boys' album. :lol: so confuse.

I forgot about Lovey Dovey too. I'm a edit.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
Any votes for Mr Taxi will be counted as votes for the Korean version. Also, voting time is extended until I get mine done, so for about another hour :lol:

And dai, Lovey Dovey is from 2012 XD

Offline lexonnet

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »
I vote because lollipopgirl suggested I should, lol.

1.  IU - You & I
I originally had Good Day at number 1 but then I was kindly informed it came out in 2010, lol. Ugh...even though I LOVE You & I is it my number 1? Should add in Cry Cry? Should I throw in something that wasn't even originally in the list? Listen to You & I...those wonderful sweeping magical fairytale beats. Nope. I will stick with IU. Too many adjectives.

2.  KARA - Step
Still debating 2 & 3's positioning but I've decided to put KARA ahead. After all those issues with DSP I was stressed to the max thinking I might not get any more Korean awesomeness from these girls & I'd be stuck with Jet Coaster Love as the last ever thing I ever heard from them. I still shudder at the thought. Bright colours, Hara and Nikori's hips wiggling at me...I couldn't have asked for anything more from them ^.^
EDIT: No longer debating 2 & 3 - I had no intention of moving KARA from it's number 2 spot - it is where it should be.

3.  T-ara - Roly Poly
Continual repeat. Wow! I think T-ara has had a fantastic year. Roly Poly & Cry Cry - two very different songs but still with that great T-ara sound. I have yet to hear a song of theirs I despise (although that Log In song may be the closest).

4.  Girl's Day - Don't Let Your Eyes Wander
Seriously, Girl's Day could fill this list. Nothing Lasts Forever (which showed me how AMAZING they are) Twinkle Twinkle (Yura) Hug Me Once (Yuuuuuuuraaaaaa) - I decided on this one because well...it's making me excited for what they're going to bring in 2012.

5.  Secret - Shy Boy
Merlin! I LOVE these girls. There isn't all that much else I can say. I like how with every album (whether it mini, full or single) there's no repeated songs so I can put them on shuffle and have no double ups.

6. SISTAR 19 - Ma Boy
Hyorin and Bora. Nuff said.

7. Miss A - Goodbye Baby
An awesome song off an amazing album. I can't wait for their comeback.

8.  BEAST - Fiction
I couldn't leave it out. I always end up repeating it at least once when I hear it and I'm usually singing it for the next hour after.

9.  A Pink - It Girl
The Album Version - not the remix. Rookie group of 2011 for me - no question. I'm anticipating.

10. Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense
Narsha growling.

Thought about...

After School - Shampoo
Bekah. I miss you. This was on the list until I was reminded of BEG - How could I forgot?

Rainbow - To Me
They were in the list...but then I took them out when I thought of others, lol. So much POTENTIAL. I think they have a good chance of doing something special in 2012 if they would just stick it out a little longer and not try and break Japan like everyone else. And also avoid anything like that horrible Gossip Girl...I've forgiven, not forgotten.

Navi - Listen To The End
Even though it was on her Hello album which was release in January 2011 - the song was technically released way earlier than that. The only reason I didn't put it on the list.

IU - Good Day
I didn't think about it. Sigh. It was my number 1 until I was told it came out in 2010. FML.

SNSD - Telepathy
Why not release this or OSCAR or Trick or any other song on this album? I don't mind The Boys but FUCK...Korean Mr Taxi is dreadful.

Orange Caramel - Shanghai Romance
Sigh...I die when I see Lizzy's "C'mon keep dancing" motion and Nana's "WTF are you doing?" look <3

Wonder Girls - Be My Baby, Me, In or GNO
Wonder Girls actually probably have my album of the year, which means they probably should have a spot on my list but well...I can't find a song to replace :S

IU - You & I
T-ara - Cry Cry
Girls Day - Everyday Album
Secret - Love Is Move & Starlight Moonlight

Could be on the list but I decided on one song per artist, lol.

G.NA - Black & White
f(x) - Pinocchio (Danger)
Kahi - Come Back, You Bad Person
UKISS - Neverland & 0330
Electroboyz ft Hyorin - Ma Boy pt 2

Catchy pop awesomeness...I just didn't think of them until it was too late.

Looking back...2011 was a great year ^.^
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:26:06 PM by lexonnet »

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »
I'm only 5 hours late >_< Took me 3 hours to get from 25 songs down to 10...

1. Sixth Sense - Brown Eyed Girls
2. Last Fantasy - IU
 - Both these songs are fucking musical masterpieces, I can't put it any other way!

3. STEP - KARA
 - Awesome upbeat track that gets you moving in seconds and its an incredibly energetically amazing song live!

4. Love Alone - miss A
 - Instant love when I first heard this song. I think half the views on the youtube video are me just replaying it. Couldn't drag myself away long enough to download the song. Still my ringtone.

5. Girls Girls - Wonder Girls
 - SO MANY EMOTIONS! I think when a song makes me cry THAT much without me even understanding the language, but able to get the point of it from the little English and the music, it means something special. A remarkable song for different reasons than the others.

6. I Am The Best - 2NE1
 - 2NE1 know how to bring the bass and I love bass! Instant love! Actually surprised I didn't put it higher.

7. Nothings Over - INFINITE
 - The start of a slippery slope for me, I am now a full blown INFINITE fangirl and I could have easily put all four of their 2011 singles on this list. The dance, the oufits, the Hoya smirks, the voices, the music, the song itself. All perfect. Such an underrated song and group.

8. Goodbye Baby - miss A
 - Typical solid miss A song. Months later, you still love it, the key to a great song.

9. Ma Boy - SISTAR19
 - I didn't think this would actually make it on the list but listening to it again in my deliberations, it just kept being a stand out. All it takes is a couple of beats at the start and you're hooked for the full song.

10. Top Secret - SNSD
 - OMGASS y'all have no idea how surprised I am SNSD made it to my list, and if they were going to I was expecting it to be OSCAR, but just like Ma Boy, Top Secret just kept beating out other songs when I put them head to head. Soshi need more of this sort of thing, shining voices were shining~

Honourable Mentions:
0330 - UKISS (soooooo close to making it to the list, pretty much equal 10th/11th)
Love is MOVE - Secret
Vendetta - Brown Eyed Girls
Before The Dawn, Be Mine, Paradise - INFINITE
OSCAR - SNSD
Ugly - 2NE1
Virgin - After School
You & I - IU
Don't Say Goodbye - Davichi
Rider - KARA
Cry Cry - T-Ara (I'm pretty sadface T-ara didn't own me like they did last year T_T)
Troublemaker (would be on the list if it wasn't for HyunA's rapping...)
My My - Apink
Hug Me Once, Don't Let Your Eyes Wander - Girl's Day (personal faves but I don't find them the same calibre as some of my other faves)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:27:27 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: 2011 Kpop Song of the Year [VOTING CLOSED - Results coming soon]
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
Damn, somehow I completely forgot Miss A's Love Alone. Think I just defaulted to Goodbye Baby whenever I saw Miss A votes on people's posts.

Oh well, it has to settle for an honourable mention, don't think I wanna go tweaking the top 10 any more, it'd take ages again... :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 03:27:37 PM »
Omg Popsie you put Sixth Sense #1, I love you. :wub: (I mean, I already did before, but ANYWAY)

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 11:46:53 PM »
I saw Pops' list in my email and though that that was the result after adding  all the votes up. I was all, "YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH SIXTH SENSE NUMERO UNO!!! GOOD JOB, BEG!!! :twothumbs"

Then I realised I was wrong :lol: I'm glad that I have that kind of reaction to BEG, though.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 04:40:24 AM »
Really excited to see the results.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 07:07:28 AM »
^ Give me a couple of days for the results :) I've gotta get something else time consuming done before my friends leave for America in two days so after that first thing I'll do is results for this~

Offline Leiyuling

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 09:54:41 AM »
who won? :OO hahaha

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 09:07:33 AM »
who won? :OO hahaha

wei Leiyuling! :D 你怎麼樣?

Offline Leiyuling

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 07:11:33 AM »
daigong!! :)

I don't know how to receive an email when someone replies lol.. I just read this because I wanted to see if Pops posted the results! lol

I've been fine lol, went to SMTown NYC, didn't see you :'(, I got to meet Dinny again! we found each other outside a hotel hahaha..
How you been? :)

come ooon pops! hahaha you already forgot right? :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
I wanted to go and meet you again!! and sniff Tiff's butt XD it's too far and I was broke as hell. GLAD you got to meet up with dinny and everyone!!! FATE! We'll meet again :D

Not too sure....cuz I never tried it myself but there's a "Notifications" option in your Modify your profile, after! you click Notify. Not sure if it's the same view :P

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »
The top 30 songs will be played on jphip radio starting in 3 hours!

Results will be posted in the thread shortly after #1 is played on the radio.

Sorry it took so long~ radio site just started working for me again a few days ago... and I'm Pops, y'all know how slow I am >_<

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 04:57:42 PM »
The wait is over, the results are in!

Mostly for ease of ranking and playing a top 30 for the radio show, positions were decided via total votes first but in the case of a tie, the song with the highest number of individual votes making up the total score was ranked higher. If this was also a tie, the song with the the most 10s (or whichever was the highest vote) was ranked higher. Towards the end of the results, results kept being tied even with the above rules so they were lumped together under the same rank.

And the winner isssssss:
STEP - KARA = 87

2. Roly Poly - T-Ara = 74
3. You & I - IU = 59
4. Cry Cry - T-Ara = 38
5. Goodbye Baby - miss A = 36
6. Sixth Sense - Brown Eyed Girls = 35
7. Don’t Let Your Eyes Wander - Girl’s Day = 35
8. The Boys - SNSD = 32
9. I Am The Best - 2NE1 = 32
10. Love Alone - miss A = 31

11. Twinkle Twinkle - Girl’s Day = 28
12. Ma Boy - SISTAR19 = 24
13. Shy Boy - Secret = 19
14. Love is MOVE - Secret = 19
15. Mr Taxi - SNSD = 18
16. G.N.O - Wonder Girls = 18
17. Why (Keep Your Head Down) - TVXQ = 18
18. So Cool - SISTAR = 17
19. Hug Me Once - Girl’s Day = 17
20. Cleansing Cream - Brown Eyed Girls = 17
21. 4AM - IU = 17
22. Be My Baby - Wonder Girls = 16
23. Hot Summer - f(x) = 16
24. Fiction - BEAST = 13
25. Love Song - Big Bang = 13
26. Dr Feel Good - Rania = 12
27. Lonely - 2NE1 = 12
28. OSCAR - SNSD = 12
29. Bubblepop - HyunA = 11
30. Tonight - Big Bang = 11

31. TRICK - SNSD / Hot Shot - Brown Eyed Girls = 11
33. Pray - Sunny Hill / Longer - CHI CHI = 10
35. Girls, Girls - Wonder Girls = 9
36. Abandoned - Jay Park / My My - A Pink / Last Fantasy - IU = 9
39. To Me - Rainbow = 8
40. Your Days - J Rabbit / Shanghai Romance - Orange Caramel / Get It In - Yoon Mi Rae = 8
43. Danger - f(x) = 7
44. Bad - Tablo ft. Jinsil / Sweet Dream - Rainbow / Love, Oh Love - Davichi / Baby Don’t Cry - Daesung / I Don’t Know - A Pink = 7
49. Itaewon Freedom - UV = 6
50. Ugly - 2NE1 / Vendetta - Brown Eyed Girls / LOVE GIRL - CN BLUE / You Know - 4Minute = 6
54. Shampoo - After School = 5
55. Airbag - Tablo / Mirror Mirror - 4Minute / Rider - KARA / Going Crazy - Song JiEun ft. Bang Yong Guk / L’amant - IU = 5
60. Nothings Over - INFINITE / Tomorrow - Tablo / Lets Talk About - Sunny Hill ft Zia / Opera - Super Junior = 4
64. Hate You - 2NE1 / Bangkok City - Orange Caramel / A Bitter Day - HyunA ft G.NA & JunHyung = 3
67. Troublemaker - Troublemaker = 2
68. It Girl - A Pink / Good For You - 5DOLLS / Lights Go On Again - BEAST / Don’t Say Goodbye - Davichi / Don’t Laugh - Secret / Forget It - Jewelry S = 2
74. Help Me - miss A / Heart to Heart - 4Minute / Get Out - JYJ / Me,In - Wonder Girls / Top Secret - SNSD / Cart Bar - Norazo = 1

---

There was a total of 79 songs that received votes and of the top 20, only TVXQ and KARA did not feature more than once in the top 30.

A special mention to Girl's Day who over the past two years have seen 4 of their 5 promo/single songs since debut rank in the top 20 of the jphip year end chart and the only artist to have 3 songs in the top 20 this year (SNSD had three in the top 30).

Girls really reign supreme at jphip with the highest ranked male group at 17 and only 4 of the 30 songs sung by male groups. Visuals also seems important to us pervs with OSCAR and 4AM the only songs without a MV to make the top 30.

I may be MIA for most of the year, but I really love doing these polls, especially the end of year ones, so thank you allllll for voting and putting up with my slowness xD Next time I think we'll try an album poll as well, although that might be a little hard :P Either way, start thinking now coz there WILL be another end of year poll at the end of 2012, YAY~! Thank you guys :heart:

Top 30 song countdown radio d/l (no mic = no babbling): http://www.mediafire.com/?lq712betgqvxklf
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:24:24 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »
Pretty awesome :lol:

I saw a poll at some other Kpop site and all possible awards went for SuJu. I'm glad the peen doesn't rule over here and we get more interesting results :lol:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Re: 2011 Kpop Song of the Year [RESULTS P.2!]
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 06:14:58 AM »
good job pops!

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 08:35:48 AM »
GJ POPS! WOW! I'm totally surprised by the results, I loved STEP I gotta fucking say the variety pleases my balls!! and they TIGHT!! :D I love :hipheart: Kpooooooooooooooooooooop talk

Offline monkey22222

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 05:09:00 AM »
is this based upon musical taste or the success and overall popularity? :o

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Like a Cat