JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Denial

Author Topic: The Nonaka Miki Thread (野中美希)  (Read 42448 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
The Nonaka Miki Thread (野中美希)
« on: October 01, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »

A thread for Miki Nonaka, one of the brand new 12th generation Morning Musume members!

Miki is the first person to join Morning Musume who is fluent in English! She's gonna have a good laugh with all the shirts... :lol:

Name:Miki Nonaka
Kanji:野中 美希 - Nonaka Miki
Hometown:Shizuoka prefecture
Birthdate:October 7th, 1999
Bloodtype:A
Height:157 cm

• Fluent in English (lived in Alabama and Illinois for 8 years)
  • Dance and gymnastics experience
  • Collects cute things
  • Plays music by ear (?)

Nonaka can speak English fluently as she used to live in Alabama and Illinois because of her father's business. When she introduced herself in English, Michishige was amazed and said, "You are great, but all I understood was 'Morning Musume' and 'Thank you'!"

20141001 「Oha!4 NEWS LIVE」モー娘。'14日本武道館公演 初お披露目の新メンバー4人とは
Check out ~1 minute mark to hear her speaking English.

A couple more gifs here and a huge one here.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:43:45 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: The Nonaka Miki Thread (野中美希)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »

Dat (dem) chin(s). :P

Couple more from Girlsnews.

--

Now for a time warp:

People - originally ItsudemoAibon (post #1) & gx240 (post #2) at H!O, I've been informed - have been digging up some info from Miki's days in the US, where she lived for eight years.

The above pics are from 2008 from this Dance School Mixbook. Posing with her mom, with braces, hehe... and as you can see, the prominent solo dimple is there. :D

There's also records of her participating in gymnastics (floor) competition, as well as art and writing contests.

--

So I'm eager to see her performance skills. Probably obvious that she's my fave so far, even before I read about all this background stuff. :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:29:56 PM by Stryfe »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »
Yeah hearing about her past, it'll be interesting to see her dancing, and since her talking voice sounds pretty pleasant I might be curious to hear her singing, as well. TO BE CONTINUED
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 07:17:55 PM »
With so many abilities, she might play a great counterpart to Maachan. If she has a steady, level-headed personality that duo would be the bomb :D

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:27 AM »
Happy Birthday, Miki!  :twothumbs

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 01:27:13 PM »

Haaappy Birthday, have some bear caek. 12ki 12, 15, 15, 13 now. Next up is Maria in 118 days.

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »
Miki should totally bring back Ayaka's Miki's Surprise English Lessons. I think it'd be good on Hello Station or even The Girls Live

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »

Finally some audition footage of Miki in action (Segment starts at 26:17). Let's analyze:

Singing

Miki seems like a capable singer. She didn't blow me away or anything, but she's not too bad. Her voice is very... cutesy. While that's not really
my thing in general, she didn't grate my nerves at all. Next week we'll probably hear some studio singing, which should be interesting.

Dancing

I dug the brief ballet moment. My all-time fave dancer in H!P is Ai Takahashi largely because of the grace and fluidity she had in her moves... and
ballet played a big part in that, I'm sure. So it can't hurt in Miki's case either. I think it's obvious she's done quite a bit of everything. Based on this
footage I wouldn't put her near Riho's level for example, but she obviously can dance. Stoked to see more.

Superpowers

Well, she's obviously done gymnastics.                                                        endless ver.

Cuteness

Highly subjective, but like my post #, I'd say it's OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!

--

Oh and how precious was her English message at 30:51? "I love Morning Musume very much." That's always a good start. :heart:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:53:52 PM by Stryfe »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 03:25:07 AM »
From UP-FRONT LINK's Twitter:

New #morningmusume14 member Miki Nonaka speaking English segment (introduction) in Hello! Sta#88
- http://t.co/uNlvnkhsZi
- https://twitter.com/UpFrontLink/status/522365351409881088
- https://youtu.be/9TxrGmaMBI0?t=30m52s

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »
<@Stryfe> it's like magic, I can suddenly understand what they say!

Interesting how her accent keeps fading back and forth between American and Japanese. After 5 years of being back in Japan it makes sense that she might be a bit out of practice, but somehow I can imagine her English skills improving again now that she's in the group, because you just know management's gonna keep pushing her into it. XD

Yes, she's my instant initial favorite out of the new girls, primarily because of the American connection. :P But hey, her crooked smile is cute, and she also has a good performance background and decent singing, so I'm looking forward to seeing her on stage and in music videos.

She also looks pretty good in green...although we already have enough green members in the group.

More fun facts: she's left-handed (third member after Fukuchan and Maachan), and she also has an unofficial nickname of "Chelsea" or "Chel", coined by Sakura due to Miki's favorite candy being Chelsea.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »
And here's that interview translated by our very own maliciel, cross-posting this on his behalf from his tumblar.
http://thirdwaveidolism.tumblr.com/post/109569838751/nonaka-miki-interview

--

Nonaka Miki Interview

http://logirl.favclip.com/article/detail/318

It would’ve been better to have a bigger reaction

What was it like when you found out you passed the audition, from the video message?

More so that being happy, I was so surprised my mind just went blank. The staff said, “Even if you didn’t make it they’ll tell you by video message”. So when it said that I made it, I couldn’t quite sort it out in my mind, and I was just there, stupefied. After the fact, I realized that I should’ve exaggerated my reaction a little bit.

How did you parents react?

They were really happy. It was my mother that recommended I take up dance lessons, so they really support me.

What about your friends?

I kept even going to the auditions a secret from them, so it was a huge surprise. “I know you like Morning Musume, but you actually went to audition for them?”

Morning Musume, or bust

How did you get into Morning Musume?

When I was young I lived in America for 8 years, but when I came back to Japan for a short time, I got into Minimoni, and from there into Morning Musume. There’s a bunch of videos where I do dance copies, and young me went “This has been Morning Musume!”

What made you decide to try for the audition?

At that point I was depressed, to the point that it was beginning to affect my physical condition. One day, I caught the music video Morning Musume ‘14’s Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou Sa. The dance was really cool, and it cheered me up so much, to the point where I thought “I’m gonna be Morning Musume. It has to be them”. At this time it was just at the point where they were recruiting new members, too. Just like in the lyrics (of Egao), “Do what only the you of today can!”, I thought “the time is now!”. Of course when I told my mum she said “you’re preparing for your entrance exams, aren’t you?”…

But I showed her the video, and explained. After that, my parents understood perfectly, and have been supporting me ever since.

Chell? Nonaka-chan? Miki-chan?

It’s been about 3 months since you entered, hasn’t it?

I’ve been slow to learn the dances, so I’ve been trying my best, believing that I’m going to put in many times more effort than the rest. Even at home, I’m watching a lot of lesson videos, confirming, and practising them.

Your senior, Oda Sakura, calls you Chell, does she not?

Yes. I like the candy ‘CHELSEA’, so the name came from there. But the other senior girls call me Nonaka-chan, and Oda-san has come to stop calling me Chell..it’s gotten a little lonely.

When it comes to calls/shouts, what would you like people to call you?

In Ogata Haruna’s case, they call her “Ogata” instead of “Haruna”, because Iikubo Haruna is a member. The problem is that “Ogata” and “Nonaka” kind of sound the same, don’t they. But I’ve never been called Miki-chan before..And if they call me Chelsea they won’t remember my real name, so I’m worried about that too.. It’s difficult. I’ll leave it to the fans.

Big dreams : World Tour

Amongst the new members of Hello! Project, who do you feel is your rival?

The person who was with me in the last training camp in the audition, Ogata Haruna, and the two girls from Country Girls, Oseki Mai and Shimamura Uta, these 3 for sure. We had the same starting point, so I don’t want to lose to them, and when I see them working hard I’m motivated to do the same.

What kind of persona are you, in the 12th generation members?

On first impressions, a lot of people say I’m lady-like, but it seems like amongst the 12th gen girls it’s been revealed that I’m not like that. Of course I’m more than happy to have that image stay with me.. I try to be diligent when I work, so I’m the type that doesn’t lose focus.

What kind of personality do you want to put out, within the group?

Of course, I would like to leverage on my English skills. I lived in America for 8 years, and when it comes to English I don’t think I’m losing to any of the others. However, if I don’t speak English, I’ll forget it. To avoid that, I’ve been continuing my studies, even now.

There’s a lot of fans overseas too, huh

I want people from more countries to know us, so I would like to perform in other countries too. As long as I can speak English, I think we’ll be able to communicate with a lot of fans around the world, so I would like to use my skills.

What are your aims as a member of Morning Musume?

I want to go on a World Tour. It’s a big dream, and I don’t know if we can even achieve it, but I’ll work hard to make it happen!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:32:37 AM by Stryfe »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
Kanjani no Shiwake (2015.03.07) : Nonaka Miki piano challenge (Für Elise)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
Haha yes let's put her against a professional! :lol: But she did so well! Damn!

EDIT:
To expand on what I said before,

here's a girl who's such a new member she hasn't even released a single with Momusu yet, and she's already on a tv show with Kanjani8 members as hosts (Johnny's - super popular by default) and she's speaking with some confidence while also smiling cutely 'n being adorable, not to mention playing the piano with confidence... Forget the fact that she can sing and dance (and speak English), this girl seems to have quite a few aces down her sleeve :lol:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:34:06 PM by shirenu '15 »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 09:38:06 PM »
Kanjani no Shiwake (2015.03.07) : Nonaka Miki piano challenge (Für Elise)

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »
She did fairly well as far as mistakes go, but of course she couldn't rival the professional. His playing was smoother and more relaxed and he hit the expression better.
But kudos to her tempo in the first return to the main theme, she was spot on.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 02:36:04 PM »

http://ameblo.jp/mm-12ki/entry-12004045450.html

Looks like Little Miss Perfect graduated from junior high!

Her laugh is pretty awesome. Click to see it in motion. To hear it, MM DVD mag 67 (~1:04:00+). :P

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Denial