JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Husking Bee - A Small Potato`s Mind

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573559 times)

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1260 on: April 02, 2015, 04:23:01 AM »
wattstax, I wasn't referring to you. Obviously, its the guy in the video. He better not make any moves on (my) Sako or there'll be hell to pay.  :angry:

So, that guy's name is "Smith"?! and he's a director?  :smhid

mixedmedia, I came across a translated transcript of the Makita Journal interview with Airi of C-ute, but I'm not sure if there are any other bloggers who are subbing interviews involving Takenaka-sensei and others after doing some searching, so far. If you know of any, please post the links. Be much appreciated.

immergeil, I know what u mean. I also started my Passpo fandom from knowing one member. Though I do lurve all of them now, my favourite is still Sako. (I love her the most when she's wearing shorts...have you noticed how sexy her legs are? Watch the Showroom episodes youtube user POPOPO posted online featuring her in it). No-thin wrong with being a DD (Daredemo Daisuki) though. Some of us eventually end up that way.

(BTW This animal change in text is really freakin annoying. :angry: )
Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1261 on: April 02, 2015, 06:36:28 AM »
Personally I've gotten to the point where I like all the members except of Anna(nothing about her clicks for me.). Granted Oppaipon . . . wait . . . I mean Aipon still ranks highest . . .

Also am I the only still on the fence on if I should buy the DVD or not(not sure because 2 other groups/bands I listen to are also releasing DVDs/Blu-rays soon)?

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1262 on: April 02, 2015, 10:16:29 AM »
The guy in the video is actor "Alexander" Sakam0oto, husbAaand of Nozomi Kawasaki. She is a former AKB member and founder of Antiminss (men's clopurr brand).

[edit: I meant clowoof brand.]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:02:42 PM by hanji »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1263 on: April 02, 2015, 02:12:21 PM »
Damn, hate this April fool changes in text? What you mean? You are a bad fan for liking the other members too? Don't be ridiculous. I would find it terrible, if you only concentrate on one of them and disregard the rest.
No I don't think I'm bad because I like a lot of members, but I feel it's almost mandatory to have one specific girl you root for, I know it obviously isn't it just seems that way.

immergeil, I know what u mean. I also started my Passpo fandom from knowing one member. Though I do lurve all of them now, my favourite is still Sako. (I love her the most when she's wearing shorts...have you noticed how sexy her legs are? Watch the Showroom episodes youtube user POPOPO posted online featuring her in it). No-thin wrong with being a DD (Daredemo Daisuki) though. Some of us eventually end up that way.
While looks obviously plays a role, it's not on the top of my list for liking idols. When I first saw a couple of Passpo videos I immediately noticed Aipon she just kinda sticks out so when I first got her she was my favorite, then I liked Miomio because I liked her mischievous ways, then when I found out Makkocchan was graduating I focused on her and she became my favorite.... next was Morishi because I just like everything about her (singing, dancing) but I kinda feel the same about Sakotee as well!!!
I guess it's been a discovery period until I got to know all the girls well enough.

EDIT: Nooooo.. I just looked it up and a DD is a bad fan apparently - I'm going with being a MD with Morishi as my oshimen.

- DD (Daredemo Daisuki) = "Anyone is fine.." - This to the girls isn't a positive thing (they hate it). It means someone who can't make up their minds, someone who is equally as fine with Kana as with Takamina as with Sayaka as with Mariyannu etc. It doesn't really matter who the girl is to them, they're all fine. It might sound confusing, but the DD mentality in Japan is somewhat scorned upon, and here DD is known outside of idol subculture too. People want you to be able to say who your favorite is, or what you choose etc. If you don't have an oshimen you're considered a DD, because you can't choose.

- MD (Minna Daisuki) = "I love everybody" - It could look to be the same as DD, but it's not. In order to be MD, you first and foremost must have an oshimen. While DD is not a good thing, MD is OK.

- TO (TanOshi / Only One Oshi) = Someone who only supports their oshimen. Their focus is 110% on their oshimen. TO's are much liked.

- Oshihen = Someone who changes their oshimen. Not really a good thing.

- Oshimashi = Someone who adds oshimen to their already established oshimen.

Also am I the only still on the fence on if I should buy the DVD or not(not sure because 2 other groups/bands I listen to are also releasing DVDs/Blu-rays soon)?
Not sure what other DVD/BD's you are thinking about but I think this one really should be on the top of your list I mean they play basically all their songs.
I don't know if you have gotten the Babyraids one but that one is also very good it's region 2 though.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:37:38 PM by immergeil »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1264 on: April 03, 2015, 12:30:56 AM »
Not sure what other DVD/BD's you are thinking about but I think this one really should be on the top of your list I mean they play basically all their songs.
I don't know if you have gotten the Babyraids one but that one is also very good it's region 2 though.
Currently there's a Silent Siren DVD/BD coming out on April 22 and a Dempagumi.Inc DVD/BD coming out on May 13. It's between those two or PASSPO☆'s.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1265 on: April 03, 2015, 01:19:57 AM »
Yeah I'm planning to get the Silent Siren one as well.

I can see your dilemma if you can't afford them all, but then again you can just buy them later I guess.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1266 on: April 03, 2015, 03:01:36 AM »
I think the PASSPO☆ ranks higher on my list right now because I for sure want to get the new miwa album that comes out next week and the PASSPO☆ DVD is the only of the 3 I'm looking at that's already available by the time the miwa album comes out(trying to combine purchases, since multiple items are cheaper to ship than it would to ship individually). But I think my mind is still hung up on the fact it's a DVD . . .

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1267 on: April 04, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »
If I read correctly, Sako is doing a vacation. Not graduating (so far).

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1268 on: April 04, 2015, 03:12:04 PM »
Wattstax, who said anything about Sako graduating?  :?

(at least when I saw the last few recent comments. nobody even mentioned anything about a graduation).

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1269 on: April 04, 2015, 03:57:46 PM »
I feel sorry for those here that started recently in this fandom. by the looks of it, Passpo days are already counting (literally. see their website).

Sako will leave indefinitely the stage activities because of "health problems" after the one-man at may 31st. they already announced that a "new project" will start on the same day. the video released   leaves a lot of things open for imagination...

edit: as I already told to wattstax, the key is the five girls silhouette that appear in the final. stronger speculations in 2ch (and I'd bet in one of those two too) are they either add five members (I'd guess then Sako would graduate to leave the group with 12 members) or they turn into a girl band (like Scandal, Silent Siren, Gacharic Spin...) with five members (and then three of the actual members wouldn't "make the cut"). given their talk, recent tour and its theme, I'd guess the second is more possible, in which case I'd be sad cuz there's no way Nachu is not one of the three out. and guessing by their comments in the video, since Yukky and Nachu make wishes that don't involve the group... would be these two and Sako out?  :panic:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:12:32 PM by tsutomo »

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1270 on: April 04, 2015, 05:17:10 PM »
Ah, so it's probably true then. I guess i just havent looked at the video u posted, nor this link

http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/passpo-makita-sako-temporarily-take-a-hiatus-20150441146.html

A while back I did remember saying Sako scared me when she's been missed out some flights due to her illness, and her appearing tired and showing signs of fatigue were all too obvious even a casual fan would notice. I hope its for the best...she really looked "burnt-out" but I do hope at some time later, we will get to see her again...maybe not in Passpo, but in some other new act/unit.

If the 3 really are leaving, Passpo would either have to undergo a process of renewal (vis a vis adding new members) or to transform itself into a full-fledged band (as tsutomo pointed out). To me both possibility are really hard to stomach. Some other groups may be suited to a renewal process to add vibrancy, but not Passpo. When more than half of the original members have left, the character/spirit of the group is no longer there. Its really a sad day for me knowing it will all come to an end soon.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1271 on: April 04, 2015, 05:24:32 PM »
Well this is not quite news I wanted to wake up to . . .  :(

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1272 on: April 04, 2015, 05:42:52 PM »
I feel sorry for those here that started recently in this fandom. by the looks of it, Passpo days are already counting (literally. see their website).
As a recent fan I honestly don't feel that bad if they should happen to move on to other things, they already had a longer run than most idol groups as I understand it.

Obviously I'm sad that I probably never get to see my favorite idol group live, but what would make me really is if they all quit the business completely.

Maybe they should cut down on the number of shows, as I understand it they have been the group with most shows in a year for two years running with over 100 shows a year.

Personally I would rather have them go the band route than add a bunch of new members.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:52:05 PM by immergeil »

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1273 on: April 04, 2015, 05:47:56 PM »
Well the fact that Mako says
During the hiatus, it will depend on my condition but I would like to keep my activities like meeting for PASSPO☆’s flight, writing, and so on.

means the group should go on with their regular activities. Besides a new album is coming out shortly. A new album is an investment by a record label and they wouldn't let that investment go to waste without properly promoting it to make sure they get as much mileage out of it as possible. For the remainder of the year at least, it should be business as usual. Beyond that who knows...

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1274 on: April 04, 2015, 05:58:43 PM »
Well considering some the ideas thrown around in the past, I'm not sure how confident I feel about their management. I mean, didn't they try to have Palet as possible new members of PASSPO☆ until fans killed that idea?

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1275 on: April 04, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »
the key is the five girls silhouette that appear in the final.

Wouldn't it be extremely cruel to feature 3 of your loyal members in a video being excited about a new project and then kicking them out?
Besides that, they look like 5 blokes wearing hoodies to me.

Besides a new album is coming out shortly. A new album is an investment by a record label and they wouldn't let that investment go to waste without properly promoting it to make sure they get as much mileage out of it as possible. For the remainder of the year at least, it should be business as usual. Beyond that who knows...

Exactly. And the girls probably have contracts until the end of the year.

Sako going on indefinite leave is quite worrisome by the way.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1276 on: April 04, 2015, 06:12:33 PM »
off topic:

I understand it they have been the group with most shows in a year for two years running with over 100 shows a year.

you surely never heard of groups like Asfi.  :lol: Passpo schedule is easy compared to groups that have up to three shows in different venues on the same day. Up Up not so long ago had eight shows in three days. and recently they were in a 11 days with consecutive shows streak.

on topic:

calm down, people. it's not the end of the world since they already have several festivals confirmed (including TIF) after that date. so Passpo is not ending. they may (and I guess they will) change a lot, but the group will not be exactly gone. if they go the band route they could still perform in idol festivals like Le Lien, Ganbare Victory, Band Jya Nai Mon... assuming they keep a foot in the idol territory, which I think they should. at least for a while till they can survive without wotas. but it is a difficult transition, if they really wanna try. gotta wish them luck.

edit:

Wouldn't it be extremely cruel to feature 3 of your loyal members in a video being excited about a new project and then kicking them out?

err depends on how it's done. I don't think anyone will be really "kicked" of the group. they probably know already exactly what will happen. and IF they get rid of three girls, surely they'll have a ceremony like when Makoto left. by the idol industry standards, I don't see anything cruel in a move like this.

my guess, trying to be a guru here, is that Sako's situation is the only thing up in the air still. they'll wait till that date to see if she has health conditions to keep with it or not. if okay, the three girls with less fans graduate. if not, then Nachu, Yukky and Sako leave while Naomin continues and plays guitar in the band. remember that Naomin and Sako both play that instrument. in a girl band context, Nachu and Yukky wouldn't be really necessary. commercially, makes sense to get rid of the girls with less fans. past year there were rumors around that Yukky has a boyfriend. so is not cruel at all if maybe the girls themselves feel it's time to move on. Naomin with model career, Nachu with... with... er... eating ice creams and drinking vodka all day long. rofl
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:27:35 PM by tsutomo »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1277 on: April 04, 2015, 06:31:54 PM »
^ I wouldn't see it as a big problem with two guitarists at all, many of the girl groups I've seen add an extra guitarist when playing concerts anyway (I know Silent Siren does).

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1278 on: April 04, 2015, 06:45:52 PM »
^ I wouldn't see it as a big problem with two guitarists at all, many of the girl groups I've seen add an extra guitarist when playing concerts anyway (I know Silent Siren does).
Well typically a band would have a rhythm guitar and a lead guitar. Which is why you see many bands with two guitarists or bands who have support members to fill the secondary guitar positions.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1279 on: April 04, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »
of course. there's no problem at all in that, but I'm playing with the "five members" thing. Oppaipon keyboards and chorus, Morishi main vocals, Annya drums and MioMio bass. considering the fact they learned to play instruments not so long ago and still aren't that great, would make sense to have at least one of the guitar roles with a proper musician.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Husking Bee - A Small Potato`s Mind