JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Denise Ho - Gam Gong Ging (The Diamond Sutra)

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573293 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1280 on: April 04, 2015, 07:31:55 PM »
I think basing things on the end of that one video is probably a bit of a stretch so at this point I'm not worried.

(I only just saw it)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1281 on: April 04, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »
well, have to base the speculations on something real. right now that video is basically the only hint available. on what you suggest we base our guessing?

since MioMio tweeted this https://twitter.com/miomasui/status/584355256584183810 some hours ago, I assume she won't leave the group soon. she is one of those five.

I saw some guys quoting some passages from Sako's blog in 2ch, but I don't read her blog so I dunno if they are really true. and I'm too lazy to check.  :P but, from them, looks like Sako already hinted a graduation some months ago before Makoto left.

if someone can contribute with more info, the speculation can become more concrete.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1282 on: April 04, 2015, 08:42:05 PM »
well, have to base the speculations on something real. right now that video is basically the only hint available. on what you suggest we base our guessing?
What I meant if the five figures is all people are really basing this on it seems fetched to me, as someone else said it looks like 5 guys.

Anyway what is Sako's health issue? (I'm guessing asthma or something like that)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1283 on: April 05, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »
Regarding a second guitar: Morishi also plays it. Don't remember which song though.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1284 on: April 05, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »
Regarding a second guitar: Morishi also plays it. Don't remember which song though.
She plays acoustic on "Shiny Road".

I enjoyed your blog-update :)

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1285 on: April 06, 2015, 01:53:59 AM »
Also I forgot to mention this, but in that project reveal video were they trying to turn Super Saiyan? :lol:

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1286 on: April 06, 2015, 09:03:05 AM »
The first graduated member Kaho Sakuma make a surprise appearance!!!

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdqECXsJ3T8

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:09:47 AM by immergeil »

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1287 on: April 06, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »
Cool little video. Their restaurant uniforms are growing on me.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1288 on: April 06, 2015, 10:19:19 AM »
Wow, the reaction to Mushu was underwhelming, if not for Morishi, Naomi and Nachu. Especially Aipon gave me the feeling of feeling threathened  :P
But now the forthcoming revelation makes sense: BAND PASSPO will be established and Mushu joins Hachake Tai, substituting Morishi :lol: jk But strange anyway: Mushu didn't appear on their greatest moment today - TDCH - but randomly at another Tour Final. Must be Makochan then  ;) Again jk

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1289 on: April 06, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »
got me wondering too. first time she appears to see a show? really? then she knows that this tour final despite being smaller than the past one was way more meaningful.

:panic:

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1290 on: April 06, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
[speculation mode]

Anyway what is Sako's health issue? (I'm guessing asthma or something like that)

Something concerning her intestines/stomach if I understood correctly. She mentioned it in her blog last year, but not in great detail I think.
But as we all know 'health issues' are the common excuse to cover up internal friction in the industry.
It could very well be a metaphor for her frustrations; something eating her up inside. The fact that she made her decision in consultation with her agency (source: TGU) instead of on doctor's prescription supports this theory.

Which brings me to the possiblity of a 5 member Passpo band;
Personally the only plausible lineup involving 5 current members I can imagine would be Sako (leader), Mio and Anna (the 'core' - initiators of the entire band idea and most dedicted musicians) plus Naomi and possibly Shiori.

Ai would imo disturb the internal relationships. She's the idol-leader, not just a keyboard player in a startup band. 

I always had the feeling the current band thing is just a big compromise to keep everybody on board (regarding the non-existent roles of Yukimi and Natsumi, and Mako in the past).
It would have been a far more natural evolution if Sako, Mio and Anna were the basis of a sub-unit. Maybe this would have been too much of a potential thread to the existence of Passpo for the management to agree/support. And I don't think Aipon would have been amused to put it mildly.

[/speculation mode]

Or Sakoti has a chronic disease which is really really sad.

But now the forthcoming revelation jk Again jk

But seriously, you, as their most dedicated overseas fan :thumbup must have some thoughts and ideas about what's coming, right?
I don't think it has anything to do with group changes, do you?

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1291 on: April 06, 2015, 03:55:41 PM »
^
So, what you're speculating is that Sako's condition is some sort of excuse for her to pull out of the group, in the process eventually pulling Mio and Anna with her after that? Why does that sound eerily familiar. There is some basis though in that speculation because these 3 let it slip (at 11:35 to 11:52 in the showroom video below). Though those remarks may be made in jest, one has to wonder if deep down Anna, Mio and Sako really feel that they really dont need anyone else cos the 3 of them can already form the core of a band unit. After all, these 3 are the tightest of friends within Passpo:

Here's the episode for those of you who missed it:

Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1292 on: April 06, 2015, 04:59:34 PM »
But seriously, you, as their most dedicated overseas fan :thumbup must have some thoughts and ideas about what's coming, right?
I don't think it has anything to do with group changes, do you?
First, I am not the most devoted fan to PASSPO. For example to their New Years show a bunch of foreigners attended it as well. Although my frequent trips to Japan are based on seeing PASSPO again, I can not believe I am the only one. And there are others who support them majorly with other actions, like buying their CDs in masses, the magazines they appear in, and what not. No passenger is more special than the other.
But to answer your question: Right now I cann not believe to group splitting up in any way or Sako being on a hiatus for reason's other than an illness. Sako had been ill quite often the last year, canceling some shows as well. It was even discussed in the thread here. And I never had the impression of PASSPO members being other than friends. On the contrary: I haven't see them talking ill behind their backs. Even the constant punches at Nachu are not mean, but friendly teasing, which Nachu approves of. And the closeness is also stated by the fact, that neither with the departure of Kaho nor Makoto the group let anyone new intrude their company.
If anything, sub units are more reasonable to believe in. Be it Hachake Tai, Band Passpo or something entirely different. But I refrain from believing in a total disbandment. Would make no sense with this kind of annpouncement just to end in - nothingness. They didn't learn to play instruments just because of being bored.
Some graduations may be possible, but only for personal reasons like being fed up with being an idol and wanting to live a regular life. Nothing against that, but so far I don't feel it from any of them. Everyone could guess it from Makoto's behaviour, but so far everyone appears regularly on shows, marketing events,... and looks full of devotion - even Annya!
And to be honest, none of the members seem to have anything else up on their sleeves, at least nothing known to the public, as opposed to Makoto's situation, who was already deep in the movie business. Sako's interest in journalism, Naomi's modeling, Mio's creativity, Ai's popularity - all there but nothing that sounds like a future prospect in its current state.

The video you posted is great. I would even belive it to be an option for Mio and Anna. Sako seemed less interested in joining a band, though her fast improved skills on guitar tell otherwise. Have to agree with tsutomo, that Aipon on the keys, basically in the background, seems highly unlikely. If anything, sharing vocals with Morishi seems more possible. I believe that Morishi would love to be the center of the group.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1293 on: April 06, 2015, 05:55:03 PM »
Oppaipon has been sharing the vocals with Morishi for centuries, why would her now stop and be in the background playing only keyboards?  :lol:

she is not the captain for no reason. if she's out of the new Passpo, band Passpo, whatever... the group is simply DONE. completely dead, won't sell a shit. like her or not, that's the truth. whatever is the project she is definitely in. and in a spotlight position.

although if people really want to speculate on a group without her... well, i'd like the idea because this would probably mean she goes the grabia idol route and appears in more magazines, pbs and dvds. yummy  :jerk:

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1294 on: April 07, 2015, 05:56:24 AM »
Got my Flight 2015 DVD last week. Been watching it since then. It's great! :)

My first DM upload. I hope it doesn't get taken down.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1295 on: April 07, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »
^ DM are not that bad at taking down stuff, and that's one of my favorites as well :)
After watching the DVD many times I have to say my initial favorite songs were some of the most boring live since they require the girls to be "cool" and I want smiles all over :) (I'm talking about the "heavy metal" songs like Wing and such).

Oppaipon has been sharing the vocals with Morishi for centuries, why would her now stop and be in the background playing only keyboards?  :lol:
I don't think it would be a problem if it would be as in current band passpo (sharing vocals), only Annya should sit in the back everything would be fine  :twisted:

On the other hand I'm not really for the group completely changing into band passpo since it's less interesting to watch.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1296 on: April 07, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »
On the other hand I'm not really for the group completely changing into band passpo since it's less interesting to watch.

I share the same opinion. with or without Nachu, I wish they continue as idols.  :)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1297 on: April 07, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
Understand your reasoning. But for me I prefer PASSPO's heavier style of the last 2 years and in comparion dislike their idolish songs. It is why I prefer the live band part on the DVD, for its use of more recent songs. I don't care if the girls jump around dancing or playing instruments as long as the music is good. The band concept just seems to have more future for a continuing of the group and personally I find the approach very interesting - from idols turning into complete band. But that is just my take on it.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1298 on: April 07, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »
Understand your reasoning. But for me I prefer PASSPO's heavier style of the last 2 years and in comparion dislike their idolish songs. It is why I prefer the live band part on the DVD, for its use of more recent songs. I don't care if the girls jump around dancing or playing instruments as long as the music is good. The band concept just seems to have more future for a continuing of the group and personally I find the approach very interesting - from idols turning into complete band. But that is just my take on it.
I prefer the heavier sound as well but basically I like every single song on the last two albums, and "Check-In" is also pretty good, however the first album has some pretty bad songwriting, I mean even for a jpop song I think GPP is pretty terrible.

But I also like variety so I don't mind the ballads and poppier songs, as I mentioned above the heavier songs from "One World" especially are pretty boring to watch.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1299 on: April 08, 2015, 01:24:49 AM »
No passenger is more special than the other.
You sound like a footballplayer after scoring a hattrick. Thanks for your reply.

I share the same opinion. with or without Nachu, I wish they continue as idols.  :)
That's the project. Natsumi's gonna leave to form a duo with Rioton so they need 5 new girls to compensate for the loss of awesomeness.

But yeah, please don't turn into a Scandal clone. Just keep on practicing until Mio can rock like Gachapins' Koga.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Denise Ho - Gam Gong Ging (The Diamond Sutra)