JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Skabetty

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573331 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1520 on: May 26, 2015, 10:03:59 PM »
Do they tell anything about the formation of Band Passpo? Like who initiated it, who was on board from the start and who needed to be convinced, what are their ambitions concerning the band? Things like that.

I'm trying to read the book calmly to get all important info and meanwhile writing a post on my blog about it, so it's taking me some time to read everything. sorry

I just finished the second part and the interesting info (at least for me) that goes in the direction of your question is that Annya says it was "Candy Room" the song that started this desire in them to form an "american girl band". Yukky adds that some events soon after ("Je Je Jet!" festival with some rock groups and their contact with the Hawaiian6 guy that composed "Mousou no Hawaii" and "Mudai") made all the members start liking new music genres (which I presume she is referring to rock more specifically. I remember that Nachu for example used to only hear pop, the most "rockish" shit she would hear would be some Avril Lavigne).

Offline Sokhar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Passpo FTW
    • RoiSokhar
« Reply #1521 on: May 26, 2015, 11:19:26 PM »
I remember that Nachu for example used to only hear pop, the most "rockish" shit she would hear would be some Avril Lavigne).

Natchu listens Coldrain, which is a lil bit heavier than Avril Lavigne. :p
Two years ago she tweeted about this song for example :

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1522 on: May 26, 2015, 11:21:11 PM »
I still find it hard to believe Mio is into Slipknot and that style of music considering how "kawaii" and "childish" her character is.

Offline Sokhar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Passpo FTW
    • RoiSokhar
« Reply #1523 on: May 26, 2015, 11:24:50 PM »
You should have seen her handbanging alone in her bedroom listening a Slipknot album during a chat live, it was hilarious. :D

And she sometimes tweets about rock / metal event she goes to on her free time.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1524 on: May 27, 2015, 12:02:25 AM »
Natchu listens Coldrain, which is a lil bit heavier than Avril Lavigne. :p
Two years ago she tweeted about this song for example :

that's nice, since it would prove the story being told by Yukky is real cuz, you know, two years ago is basically the timeframe I was referring to. Nachu started to hear Uverworld too, another similar (imo poor) act.

edit: finished it. they say the new "american girl band" path was something they came in agreement when discussing "what we should do now?" after Koyomi's graduation. interestingly exactly Sako was the one to make the remark it wasn't an unanimous decision though. the way they talk so convicted about the "new passpo", going through a "safer route"... now I can seriously say I'll be VERY disappointed if the surprise next sunday is something small/trivial.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:32:53 AM by tsutomo »

Offline iulpasen315

• PASSPO☆, Negishi Ai, Aviation.
    • iulpasen315
« Reply #1525 on: May 27, 2015, 08:52:48 AM »
This time now I see clearly the purpose of New Passpo: Be more marketable.
But how to do it?
- Add 5 new members? Yes please, but passengers "write" this fear in one question: How to find another idol in Japan with Passpo character? Anyone?
- Live in big places? Of course they should do.
- 3 graduations to turn in a full-band? Man... ok, Passpo band is a great idea, but lost members like Yukkii, Nachumi and Sako will be VERY painful.
- Collab? Maybe Babyraids. Or some Western band. But, again, it's about changes.

We're used to look to Passpo like our romantical "resistance", our "little soccer team with a lot of history". Even Platinum Passport think in the same way, but, like Takenaka-sensei and Makochan said: "Just love dosen't sell", and they're correct. It's ok to look at Passpo like this, because, they're alive even after the "explosion of idols" after 2012; they're the same (idols, chara, acts, everything) since 2009; and etc. But now it's time to fly more high.

This "new Passpo" idea can be: auditions to new whole crew; own theater; own cafe; new label; get this "cabin attendant" more serious; change this whole concept; back to past and do the french crew; bye bye to platinum and sign to new agency (pls no h!p or aks)

We have to be ready (and I'm not ready  :cry:)

PS: Or this 5-people image is just a pun to make us think about everything hahahahaha
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:58:46 AM by iulpasen315 »
十人、十色。

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1526 on: May 27, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »
Just noticed that "platinum sonic" is a couple of days before my arrival, is it worth to reschedule to be able to see that?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1527 on: May 27, 2015, 12:47:51 PM »
Platinum Sonic? Let me answer it this way: I will be there😁

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1528 on: May 27, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »
Platinum Sonic? Let me answer it this way: I will be there😁
My plan was to arrive in Japan on the 29'th and go home on the 4'th - I picked a hotel close to Hamarikyu Gardens probably not the cheapest but I wasn't sure what to pick, I should probably have asked you for some advice first - but it's not too late to re-book, do you have any good advice yo give?

Also what date do you arrive?

(sorry for the run-on sentences)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1529 on: May 27, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
own theater; own cafe;

well, they already have the basement of the building where Platinum agency is located. a friend went there for a FYT event and told me it's not so bad.

they already have the Noodol Cafe in Akihabara too. they can make shifts with the Predia girls.  :lol:

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1530 on: May 27, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »
I'm trying to read the book calmly to get all important info
Thanks for your answers. Much appreciated.

...Mio is into Slipknot and that style of music...
Hm, metal girl Mio wrote the lyrics of the most poppy song of the album and Sako
who is into H!P/Taylor Swift etc. wrote the lyrics of the heaviest Passpo song. But looking at the actual lyrics it makes sense after all.

Be more marketable.
Well if anything is marketable it's Mio's Teletubbie/Slayer image. Just look at Babymetal. And she has the added bonus of being 20, able to play (some) bass and she doesn't fake her interest in heavy music.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1531 on: May 27, 2015, 03:48:18 PM »
You should have seen her handbanging alone in her bedroom listening a Slipknot album during a chat live, it was hilarious. :D

And she sometimes tweets about rock / metal event she goes to on her free time.
Wow... Mad respect to her.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1532 on: May 27, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »
In other news Miomio stepped in a turd  :twisted:

https://twitter.com/naochulip/status/603544114060079104

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1533 on: May 27, 2015, 04:40:25 PM »
In other news Miomio stepped in a turd  :twisted:

https://twitter.com/naochulip/status/603544114060079104
Why does Yukki have to clean it then? :?

Regarding the lyrics: I find that funny too, but I think the girls had no direct influence on the music to their words. But I wouldn't call Mio Metal Girl. She likes a lot of poppy Rockmusic as well, like Avril.

Tsutomo, let us visit Chu-Z café in Harajuku instead. It seems more fun. ;)
And thanks for the info about the content of their new book  :twothumbs

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1534 on: May 27, 2015, 05:39:15 PM »
Why does Yukki have to clean it then?

I`d make a joke involving her past experiences with you but I guess it would sound too offensive.  :P

Tsutomo, let us visit Chu-Z café in Harajuku instead. It seems more fun.

it`s up to you, my boy. when you arrive here again we can surely go check that place. dunno if we will meet some member there though.  :(

and regarding idols that like heavy music... every person on this planet and even their dogs know that the coolest girl in this area is Nao Sakura.  :twothumbs

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1535 on: May 27, 2015, 05:41:50 PM »
^ thanks for your message

And I don't think Mio is a metal girl, it's not that uncommon for "rebellious" girls to like stuff like Slipknot but not actually being into metal  :cow:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1536 on: May 27, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »
Why does Yukki have to clean it then?

I`d make a joke involving her past experiences with you but I guess it would sound too offensive.  :P

I have no idea what you mean, Mr.-I-give -my-idol-underwear-as-a-present  :P

Tsutomo, let us visit Chu-Z café in Harajuku instead. It seems more fun.

it`s up to you, my boy. when you arrive here again we can surely go check that place. dunno if we will meet some member there though.  :(

Great. I remind you of it. ;) Let's hope for a Miku - Luna combi - like they had TODAY! And don't mind. I will just ask a Chu-pet friend about the schedule. He will know.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:12:28 PM by wattstax »

Offline Sokhar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Passpo FTW
    • RoiSokhar
« Reply #1537 on: May 27, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »
Rebel girls go into emo / rock / hard rock music, not into metal Slipknot. :D

There are many many proofs that Mio is a real metalhead.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1538 on: May 27, 2015, 07:15:07 PM »
Rebel girls go into emo / rock / hard rock music, not into metal Slipknot. :D
Meh.. there are no real rules what they go into, but they tend to go with the image-heavy acts and Slipknot is such an act.

Ofc I don't know that for a fact but the few "rebellious" Japanese girls I come across on twitter have mentioned both Slipknot and stuff like Maximum the Hormone (they are actually pretty good).

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1539 on: May 27, 2015, 09:14:38 PM »
Ofc I don't know that for a fact but the few "rebellious" Japanese girls I come across on twitter have mentioned both Slipknot and stuff like Maximum the Hormone (they are actually pretty good).

I get what you mean and it's truth. these groups attract a lot of posers. now, MioMio though is not one of them, she really likes it more seriously it seems.

btw I just read that Oppaipon's home (her family's home, not her small apartment in Tokyo) is close to mine. w00t. I feel so lucky now to live close to arguably two of the most beautiful idols in this country (Oppaipon and Sumero).  :twothumbs I think I can start planning her kidnapping and preparing a room to keep her as my sex slave.  :D

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Skabetty