JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - RISUKI RISUKI

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573384 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1660 on: July 07, 2015, 09:57:21 PM »
Sako was one of my favorites but I don't see the dynamic being disturbed much - some of the remaining member didn't have that many lines so I look forward to them singing more.

If any dynamic was disturbed it was when Maccochan left because her and Mio were the two little cute ones and had some songs together, that cannot be the same again.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1661 on: July 08, 2015, 09:23:50 AM »
I guess I have yet to see the 7 member lineup do a live show. Hopefully they can find a way to make it just as entertaining as they were before the 2 recent departures. Hey I'm probably worrying over nothing. :D

I'm actually really looking forward to the show on the 25th so that those of you attending can give us your impressions.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:53:38 AM by clem84 »

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1662 on: July 08, 2015, 02:26:31 PM »
What are you guys sayin? of cos the dynamic will be disturbed. but we have to consider also the remaining girls have matured a lot recently...i noticed this...even Annya! I guess I can't expect the same kinda crazy interactions and crazy antics they have with each other when Makocchan and Sako were still active and they're pretty much still teenagers. For one, we've seen lesser and lesser instance of groping now that they are the expected to behave like senpais to pucchi passpo,

Still that does make me long for the crazy 9-nin Passpo with (Makocchan still in the group) which sadly I will never see again.
Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1663 on: July 08, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
What are you guys sayin? of cos the dynamic will be disturbed. but we have to consider also the remaining girls have matured a lot recently...i noticed this...even Annya! I guess I can't expect the same kinda crazy interactions and crazy antics they have with each other when Makocchan and Sako were still active and they're pretty much still teenagers. For one, we've seen lesser and lesser instance of groping now that they are the expected to behave like senpais to pucchi passpo,

Still that does make me long for the crazy 9-nin Passpo with (Makocchan still in the group) which sadly I will never see again.
It's all in your head, the anna/nachu kissing incident that some people freaked over is not that long ago.

And NONE of them are teenagers anymore, all of them are at least 20 years old by now.

But I kinda really would like that they got a member similar to Makcchan, but I'm not sure who within the agency would be able to fit that role, small/pretty/dorky and aged 20+

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1664 on: July 08, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »
On my side, even if I'm sad about the fact that Saco is probably not returning back, there's one thing that I can't understand.

Why did they gave several solo parts to Sako in the latest songs?
I mean, yeah you can't just ask them to sing all together everytime. And it's not what I want.
But since they knew about the situation since a while, they should gave her a less important role in the latest songs.

It's pretty stupid to give an important spot to a girl that will not be here on stage. Ofc she was here for the released of the album.
But until the next album, they'll have to defend all those song without her. It's not a good thing I think.

Sorry for my english! I'll try my best.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1665 on: July 08, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »
when an important girl is leaving an idol group, you don't piss her fans, you cash on them. see SKE48 and Rena right now, a nice didactic example.

on top of that, if you don't have girls capable of covering the hole in that moment, what can you do? you have to rely on the girl, even knowing it will be a temporary fix.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1666 on: July 08, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »
On my side, even if I'm sad about the fact that Saco is probably not returning back, there's one thing that I can't understand.

I mean, yeah you can't just ask them to sing all together everytime. And it's not what I want.
But since they knew about the situation since a while, they should gave her a less important role in the latest songs.

It's pretty stupid to give an important spot to a girl that will not be here on stage. Ofc she was here for the released of the album.
But until the next album, they'll have to defend all those song without her. It's not a good thing I think.
I think it was good they did that, if the last cd hadn't featured sako or makocchan with prominent appearances would have been bad, I think it was right of the management to use them.

I wouldn't worry about them filling in the lines at all, these girls are seasoned professionals it won't be hard at all.

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1667 on: July 08, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »
To be honest, Mako's voice is pretty bad imo.
Sako is (was) indeed one of the best singer. But when you have to make like 100 scenes, defending your album, you have to be careful about who's gonna do it.
Ofc, the songs are great, and would not be as good as now without sako (but you can't say bad :o) but you also have think about the members that will stay.

If you want to thank a member before she leaves, make it with a great concert. Not giving her a good spot on an album she'll not sang a lot. It's stupid.

Ofc the other can fill the lines easily. They are great. When Annya is laughing too much to sing, Morishi is always helping her ^^.
But imo, they just should have gave them those line since the beginning.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1668 on: July 08, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »

I just wonder to what extent the distribution of solo lines is a management decision or a producer's decision. I don't think their producer/main composer Akutsu would agree to these sort of conditions (like don't use Sako). It's obvious that the popular girls need solo lines but his first priority will be making the best possible record and if that means using Sako as long as she's still around he will do just that, right? Their discography is big enough to just skip all the Sako (and Mako)-heavy songs live.

The cynical approach would be: 'We need a Mio-song and an Aipon-song, and by the way, let's cash on Sako's departure; just give her that metal tune we wouldn't use otherwise, let her write some lyrics for it and do the choreography by herself so we don't have to spend a dime on that'.

But I can see plenty of examples in Passpo's discography were the music prevailed over making profit (hiring a string quartet, hiring high profile American musicians) so I can't look at it as a pure business decision.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1669 on: July 08, 2015, 10:47:46 PM »
They should give Sako's lines to Yukki just to make wattstax happy ;)

Seriously though, in the LoGiRL episode where they had their vocal coach there Yukki got the best critique of the girls present that day (Yukki, Miomio and Nachu) and I think she's the one with the least lines in the group.

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1670 on: July 09, 2015, 12:48:44 AM »
Their discography is big enough to just skip all the Sako (and Mako)-heavy songs live.
Sorry but I disagree. They have a big enough discography yes, but in the coming months 90% of the song will be the latests song. Which is a normal thing.

The cynical approach would be: 'We need a Mio-song and an Aipon-song, and by the way, let's cash on Sako's departure; just give her that metal tune we wouldn't use otherwise, let her write some lyrics for it and do the choreography by herself so we don't have to spend a dime on that'.
I don't know why you're talking about that?
But, I don't have any problems about the fact she wrote a song (and even more). This is a good thing without a doubt.

But I can see plenty of examples in Passpo's discography were the music prevailed over making profit (hiring a string quartet, hiring high profile American musicians) so I can't look at it as a pure business decision.

Lol. It's just profit and nothing else. It's not because you spend money to do something that you're not doing it for profit. In fact you're doing in for that. Just because you're planning to do more profit thanks to that.

Seriously though, in the LoGiRL episode where they had their vocal coach there Yukki got the best critique of the girls present that day (Yukki, Miomio and Nachu) and I think she's the one with the least lines in the group.

Agreed! She's not used a lot. Unfortunately.
But even if I'm really fan of Yukki, she wasn't with the best singers of the group during LoGiRL.
However she step up a lot recently. And she deserves more lines.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1671 on: July 09, 2015, 01:41:20 AM »
Random thought: Yukkii and Riichan do a duet at some point in the future. Bonus if one of them or both of them start crying during the song. It wouldn't make sense to not take advantage of that. Watching Charpon and A-chan during the clip where Perfume and 9nine did a song together was great!

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1672 on: July 09, 2015, 07:15:40 AM »
Hanji, I agree with your evaluation. Ever since the start of the Airline Trilogy, PASSPO took effort to do more songs that are not focussed on the idolish side. They also incorporated the Ground Crew in their concept on regular basis. The discography is wide ranged, so no problems there. But I see no problem in exchanging her vocal lines in the songs, like Nachu or Aipon did with Mako's. Songs like Perfect Sky or Himawari will just be sung by other members. We shouldn't make the mistake of overemphasising her singing skills. Still she was one of the better vocalist in the group and it would have been untypical for PASSPO's producer to put "profit" over quality by not using her. It is one of the reasons, Aipon and Morishi have the most (and vocally demanding) lines for being the most talented, similar concept to other quality-focussed Platinum groups, like Predia.
I am just not sure why you are of the opinion that Not in Theory wouldn't have been used otherwise? But true, it is unreasonable to assume the members only writing songs because management demands it.
(I think that profit is the wrong word. Of course they do it for the money. But they also want to be proud of their songs. The creative background are rock musicians (Ground Crew, Hawaiian6). Also the members in interviews often stated that fact.)

Regarding the voices. Aipon and Morishi have good voices, though nothing exceptional either. Nachu and Sako have comfortable voices but not a very wide range. Annya recently got many songs, but to be honest, these are not that demanding either. It is more like speaking then singing (sorry, don't know how I can describe it really), though it sounds good as no other member has that kind of voice. The rest of the bunch has no quality I can see yet, even Yukki. At best they fit the usual idol category. So I am content with the way it is. I rather enjoy a good song than hearing members struggling with their singing (Rioton anyone?)

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1673 on: July 09, 2015, 06:52:46 PM »
I am just not sure why you are of the opinion that Not in Theory wouldn't have been used otherwise?
My bad. What I mean; because of her major role this song could be regarded as Sako's 'goodbye song'. Just like 'Tracks' it could be a song with a very short lifespan, just used for the occasion.

Regarding the voices.
Sako (emotion) and Mori (power) were imo quite complementary. I think it's a big loss.

And I like Naomi's singing voice. And the fact that she's the leader of Hacchake Tai. It's a pity 'High Tension Emotion' got released as a Passpo song instead of a HT single. I would love to hear an entire album full of thumping Jpop/industrial tracks like HTE. That song is so much fun!

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1674 on: July 09, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »
I hope to hear Tracks and Not in theory again live, and often. But sure, it is highly unlikely.   :(

I would love a Hachake Tai album, too. But it seems they won't be seperate from the main group. (seperate in the meaning of parallel, not in the sense of leaving PASSPO ;)
Maybe things will change after a successful Hachake Tai One Man.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline Sokhar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Passpo FTW
    • RoiSokhar
« Reply #1675 on: July 10, 2015, 01:49:09 AM »
Aipon should appear in the next Weekly Playboy.

That's always a good news. :p

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1676 on: July 10, 2015, 10:43:45 AM »
Aipon should appear in the next Weekly Playboy.

That's always a good news. :p

You know I read this. Sat here and thought long and hard about it (that's what she said). Now I'm confused why I'm not feeling very excited for such a thing . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1677 on: July 10, 2015, 11:05:31 AM »
You know I read this. Sat here and thought long and hard about it (that's what she said). Now I'm confused why I'm not feeling very excited for such a thing . . .
I think you might be misunderstanding it, Weekly Playboy has nothing to do with the American Playboy magazine, it's one of the tamer gravure magazines, it's the same as the photobook stuff and such.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #1678 on: July 10, 2015, 12:11:15 PM »
No I know exactly Weekly Playboy is . . .

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #1679 on: July 10, 2015, 01:18:34 PM »
I find Weekly Playboy A LOT more exciting than brazilian version of the magazine, despite not showing those parts. in Brazil, on recent years at least, they barely show the genitals eitherway and are always abusing photoshop usage while trying to give an "artistic" feeling to the photos, that simply sucks and don't favor the most important, the girl's body. from what I've seen, the american version is not so far from that too.  :thumbdown:

oh yeah and Weekly Playboy do have some nude pics on the latter pages, but always using as models AV actresses and such.  :)

one more thing: as far as I like Oppaipon's body, sorry, but I doubt her photo shooting will turn better than FYT's Areki recent one. it is simply mindblowing.  :bow:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - RISUKI RISUKI