JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Juicy Berry Like

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573577 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2040 on: January 07, 2016, 01:03:19 PM »
lol, every idol on this planet (=Japan) will tell you, that Budokan is their goal ;)
Well DOH, I know that!

The point was with the "time limit"

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2041 on: January 07, 2016, 05:34:53 PM »
I found the part of the Morishi interview strange, where she was hoping that fans would become interested in the group by their music first and just then take attention of the members. But isn't that the usual procedure, that you start getting interested when you like the music? Even if you like the look of the girl (like seeing her in Cheerz) and then look up the group - Why would you want to be a fan of an unknown idol if you don't even know if you can not enjoy the music and lives?

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2042 on: January 07, 2016, 06:16:39 PM »
There might be some fans where it works the opposite way around?

While I won't say that I'm a fan, there are certain idols I am interested in more for their personality than their music or because they post good content on Cheerz or yell. Iketeru Hearts definitely got a big boost in popularity internationally thanks to Cheerz.

Would I like Morishi or Anya as much as I do if they were as bad at singing/dancing as Nachu? Probably not.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #2043 on: January 07, 2016, 09:45:51 PM »
Iketeru Hearts definitely got a big boost in popularity internationally thanks to Cheerz.

They visited conventions in France and Singapore, and maybe some other places, and gained lots of foreign fans through that. Yuyu also tweets in English, which helps.

Even if you like the look of the girl (like seeing her in Cheerz) and then look up the group - Why would you want to be a fan of an unknown idol if you don't even know if you can not enjoy the music and lives?

I think we've talked about this on this forum before, but the whole "getting followed by a random cute idol on twitter" thing has definitely worked on a lot of people...

I dunno, it's not like with idols the music is neccesarilly the main thing at all...

Chihiro

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2044 on: January 08, 2016, 12:29:47 AM »
This might be just me, but when a random idol follows me on Twitter, one of the first things I do is check what group she's in and if they have a music video and watch it to see if their music sucks or not.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2045 on: January 08, 2016, 06:18:49 AM »
^exactly!

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2046 on: January 09, 2016, 05:58:56 AM »
Based on the photos being tweeted right now, they're still flight attendants . . .

Well actually the outfit doesn't really look like a flight attendant, but they still have the hats.

Update:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:26:23 AM by iamcrazymike »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2047 on: January 09, 2016, 06:26:38 AM »
Why the hell can't they all wear the same style outfit  :thumbdown:

Also they are doing a "color fusion" including the members that left

Naomin is now Passion Pink (Red + Macocchans Pink)

Mio is now Mint Green (Light Blue + Sakotes Green)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:32:27 AM by Rezar »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2048 on: January 09, 2016, 06:33:15 AM »
So what the career changing announcement then? Was there even one?

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2049 on: January 09, 2016, 06:35:46 AM »
As usual with this kind of stiff it's probably not even something as huge as it sounds

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2050 on: January 09, 2016, 06:39:32 AM »
I see tweets about something but the translations all make it hard to understand.

Update: According to Tokyo Girls' Update and my own guess work from the other tweets, Mio fused with Sako and Kaho to become Mint Green, and Naomi fused with Makoto to become Passion Pink. I guess that was the announcement . . .

According to Tokyo Girls' Update Morishi's self introduction is now "Everyone in Brazil, can you hear my voice?!"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:51:59 AM by iamcrazymike »

Offline thewolf

« Reply #2051 on: January 09, 2016, 07:06:30 AM »
I see tweets about something but the translations all make it hard to understand.

Update: According to Tokyo Girls' Update and my own guess work from the other tweets, Mio fused with Sako and Kaho to become Mint Green, and Naomi fused with Makoto to become Passion Pink. I guess that was the announcement . . .

According to Tokyo Girls' Update Morishi's self introduction is now "Everyone in Brazil, can you hear my voice?!"

it's true, mio mint green now, fusion color between kaho and sako, and naomi became passion pink, fusion colors Naomi and Mako-chan

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2052 on: January 09, 2016, 07:14:37 AM »
If the new colour coding is the huge announcement... :doh:
Luckily not a fan of each so I don't have to buy new light sticks or merchandize :lol:

Anyway, like the new uniform but agree with Rezar: Why not all the same? Mio must be very self-conscious about her body. As always, Yukki, Naomin and Annya got the best of it.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2053 on: January 09, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »
Oh my God, they actually did fuse . . . with a fusion dance even . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2054 on: January 09, 2016, 09:12:18 AM »
Nice to see the old members appear for this :)

http://natalie.mu/music/news/171987

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2055 on: January 09, 2016, 09:21:42 AM »
I'm just going to leave this here in case you don't know what a fusion dance is from . . .

And the transformation they used is based off . . .

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2056 on: January 09, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »
If the new colour coding is the huge announcement... :doh:

Yeah... Slow news week for the group.

On the bright side, since the single is coming out in a month and a half, I'm thinking a new video is probably not that far off.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #2057 on: January 09, 2016, 09:34:28 AM »
 :lol: I`ll admit this "career changing announcement" is stupid, once again a troll job by the producers BUT... this time I actually enjoyed it. was funny and well made, specially the reference to Sailor Moon. getting the former members to participate in this stunt was a nice touch too. kinda sucks for their fans since her colors are changing and they`ll need t buy new stuff, but I couldn`t care less. specially in Mio`s case, a version of green suits more than having two blue girls in the group.

interesting that Morishi now makes reference to Brazil. they are definitely aware that, out of the countries "on the other side of the planet", Brazil has more Passpo fans than most. sucks for Wil that it`s Morishi, not Oppaipon though.  :P

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #2059 on: January 12, 2016, 01:02:31 AM »

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - Juicy Berry Like