JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Up Up Girls (Kari) - KIMI TOIU KASETSU

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 573426 times)

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2320 on: October 08, 2016, 02:14:01 PM »
So was like anything actually announced or was this just another mcguffin?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2321 on: October 08, 2016, 02:21:01 PM »
There was nothing announced as this wasn't the intention at all. The reason they held the event was to engage in a discussion with their fans on their thoughts on the groups future. That is why fans could also wrote letters of opinion before the show.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2322 on: October 08, 2016, 02:23:56 PM »
Ok then why was everyone here going into "oh s*** they're going to disband mode?" when this event was announced?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2323 on: October 08, 2016, 02:34:09 PM »
Whiny Fanboys? :lol:
jk
The lack of Japanese language skills and the name of the public meeting, something like "The future of the group", made some people assume the worst maybe? 

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #2324 on: October 08, 2016, 04:07:30 PM »
If everything was peachy there wouldn't be a reason for such an event.

Their goals, as stated in the beginning of the presentation; getting famous, defined as reaching Budoukan and getting more tv exposure, are further away than ever imo.

So after a summary of all their former marketing related activities they came up with some future plans to attract a new fanbase.
Focal points are the band (including the release of a band single) and getting more female fans (iow softening up).

So in a way we are heading towards a Silent Siren II, from what I understood.

By the way, before the start of the meeting the new single premiered, it sounded like a christmas song to me, jingle bells if I'm not mistaken.  :?

[Edit:] Yep, Jingle bells Jingle bells Jingle all the f*ing way.  :doh:

So now it's time for some fun, provided by the Hacchake tai!!!  :twothumbs

« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:00:56 AM by hanji »

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2325 on: October 08, 2016, 04:28:23 PM »
I got the feeling watching that very emotional performance of "I" that these girls might know the end is near. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

!!! wow That hachaketai video is a week old. I had no idea.

edit: I thought it was an official video at first. Turns out it's not.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:38:15 PM by clem84 »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2326 on: October 08, 2016, 04:49:48 PM »
Quote from: hanji
Their goals, as stated in the beginning of the presentation; getting famous, defined as reaching Budoukan and getting more tv exposure, are further away than ever imo.

Same opinion here. The loss of Makoto and Sako was crucial. I doubt they will ever reach the state again to fill a venue like TDCH.

Quote from: hanji
So after a summary of all their former marketing related activities they came up with some future plans to attract a new fanbase.
Focal points are the band (including the release of a band single) and getting more female fans (iow softening up).

Hmm, Silent Siren aren't bad, but PASSPO definitely stands for a different kind of music. And to reach enough skills for instruments and song-writing? So an attempt to copy them wouldn't be successful regarding female fans. At the same time becoming softer will probably turn away the males. A similiar vicious circle over again.

Nevertheless focusing more on the BAND is something I 100% agree upon! :thumbup

I got the feeling watching that very emotional performance of "I" that these girls might know the end is near. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

I had the same assumption while listening to Ai's speech at the end of the TDCH concert. So let's stay positive ;)

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2327 on: October 08, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »
If everything was peachy there wouldn't be a reason for such an event.

By the way, before the start of the meeting the new single premiered, it sounded like a christmas song to me, jingle bells if I'm not mistaken.  :?

This is a good point.

I dont know why, but i dont really like this new "band passpo" thingy. sure it looks cool for them to be able to play their own instrument and stuffs, but i do miss the old passpo back then much  more.

While their newer song is good (mr. wednesday, bachelorette, etc), but i feel that i can't really chant at all during those songs, lol. I remember during TIF2014 and TIF2015 when they sing "Natsuzora hanabi" at smile garden -- i really had fun there, and boy the crowds is really crazy that time. This year TIF2016 during passpo, the crowd is really tame, lol. Quite weird feeling for me actually.

Oh,and is it just me or the passpo new outfit looks like Palet's "Love 'n Roll" outift LOL.

So now it's time for some fun, provided by the Hacchake tai!!!  :twothumbs

Haccheketai is really fun indeed  :twothumbs:

IMO, i think its more fun to see "haccheketai" than "Passpo Band" these days, but maybe it's just me  :?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:18:37 PM by infzer0 »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2328 on: October 08, 2016, 07:25:26 PM »
Everyones opinion is wrong :)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2329 on: October 08, 2016, 07:52:26 PM »
IMO, i think its more fun to see "haccheketai" than "Passpo Band" these days, but maybe it's just me  :?

I understand your opinion here, as you consider the idol audience participation as very important. Hacchake Tai focuses on that. It is actually the point of this unit. But for someone like me, who dislikes the early phase and songs like Shoujo Hikou or Pretty Lie, but instead prefers a song like Tap my toe, I consider the BAND a better alternative for me. It also makes me kind of happy to see these girls improve in that way. But same as you said: That is just me.
PASSPO + Ground Crew is still the best imo - much more and better rock songs from their output to be able to be performed!

There is never a right or wrong in terms of taste ;)

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2330 on: October 08, 2016, 08:12:55 PM »
PASSPO + Ground Crew is still the best imo - much more and better rock songs from their output to be able to be performed!

This one i agree. The ground crew + passpo is so awesome.

Actually i just bought that live DVD recently  (the 2015 flight dvd with Makochan graduating), cuz nobody ripped it so i just gave up waiting for free downloads and purchased it lol. And the segment with the Ground crew halfway through the concert is really good! Like someone said here before though -- dont think they can ever fill a venue like TDCH anymore...sadly. I really wish to see Passpo to perform like this again.  :(

I understand your opinion here, as you consider the idol audience participation as very important. Hacchake Tai focuses on that. It is actually the point of this unit

I think one of the few reason why i like hattchaketai (besides the point you just mentioned) is that they often sing Passpo older songs, like "Natsuzora Dash" for example...that is just..wow!! They almost never perform that song anymore (the original passpo that is) . Also, their version of Vivi Natsu is awesome as well.

I actually only saw  hattchaketai  twice (during Idol Koushien last year and TIF2016 this year) but everytime i see them i really enjoyed their performance -- even though i dont really like those 4 members. Well maybe except Morishi. She really takes the group to another level.  :)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2331 on: October 08, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »

There is never a right or wrong in terms of taste ;)
^ you're wrong.  :cow:

---

In case it wasn't obvious I was kidding.

And I definitely agree on PASSPO+Ground Crew is the best setup.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:55:53 PM by Rezar »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2332 on: October 08, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »
If they're going to be Silent Siren II, can they come to San Francisco too? XD Although in all serious even I am doubtful they can reach that kind of a status in terms of popularity :roll: . . .

Yeah, I agree I'm kind of completely indifferent to the whole band thing and think Ground Crew > Band PASSPO☆.

Well since Mio also designed those Palet outfits, I guess this would just be an example of her running out of ideas.  :lol:

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2333 on: October 09, 2016, 10:23:09 AM »
Is this official?

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2334 on: October 09, 2016, 03:04:51 PM »
I thought it was official at first. It looks fan made.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2335 on: October 09, 2016, 04:12:37 PM »
Yeah it's just random clips put together.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2336 on: October 10, 2016, 02:31:41 AM »
 On one hand, it took Perfume like 7 years to break though with "Polyrhythm" but, it seems like most groups that have been around a while haven't been as fortunate.

SG did their 6th year live at Shinjuku BLAZE (capacity maybe 800). lyrical school's 6th was with 3 other groups and still didn't sell out.

Then again, all 3 of those groups had big changes with popular members leaving in 2015-2016 also.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2337 on: October 10, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »
^ I saw SG at Shinjuku Blaze at a "normal" concert and it was almost full so it seems a bit odd to not be a bigger venue for an anniversary concert.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2338 on: October 10, 2016, 11:59:21 AM »
Their 3rd year(?) anniversary show was in TDCH. So a big drop in audience. It seems the management doesn't reckon with much more people as well. Haven't followed the group much since then, though.
To stay on topic, Passpo certainly filled TDCH becausr of it being Makoto's graduation. I doubt the anniversary alone would have been enough to gather that amount of people.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2339 on: October 10, 2016, 02:21:28 PM »
SG's actually performed at Budokan in 2013.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Up Up Girls (Kari) - KIMI TOIU KASETSU