JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Surreal

Author Topic: The Sims 2 Thread!!  (Read 31221 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The Sims 2 Thread!!
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »
Post any stuff related to Sims 2 here!

- Your favourite families
- Your favourite Sims
- What you like the most about playing Sims (Building houses? Making babies?)
- Random ideas for gaming
- Your favourite expansion packs/recommendations
- ... Anything!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who goes to our IRC channel knows I'm hooked on Sims 2. :lol:

The problem with my gaming right now is that I've got too many ideas and not enough time to play them.
For example, I'm playing 4 neighbourhoods: Strangetown, Reality Sim, Legacy Town, and Kingdom of Farlasca (lol@name)

In Strangetown I made a huge family for Vidcund Curious (who already passed away, old age), and I'd have so many families to play there, all because Vidcund's family ended up having 6 kids and most of them have got their own families now. I've also got a new family there with 4 kids that I really like. PICTURE

The Reality Sim is for all kinds of random families. It was supposed to be the neighbourhood where I run all the sim stuff that is inspired by reality shows, for example, I had a "Sim Brother" house there. XD And after "the show", most of the contestants moved into their own houses. I've had the best drama yet in this neighbourhood, but it's a bit all over the place. I'd still like to make The Bachelor/The Bachelorette here before I destroy this town. :lol:

Legacy Town is for my legacy challenge, the Other family:

The mom was called Zandra; the daughters are Yunni and Yonna; and the babies are Xander and Xavier. I remember cuz I started going alphabets backwards. :lol: The dads' names are random, though. I hate it that neither of those babies has blue skintone or even their mom's eye colour. Grr. I'll have to push out more babies than I at first planned.

I started Kingdom of Farlasca today. It's loosely based on a Royal Kingdom challenge. In my game all the families and their houses will be modern, but the class separation is the same as hundreds of years ago (royalty, nobles, merchants, peasants; there are strict rules about who they can marry and such).

I've happened to upload (cwappy) pics of all the Farlasca families, so what the heck:
King and Queen (before doing anything else, I'll have to get these two married... grr)
Noble family #1 (the mom is a romance sim, so I'm hoping to see some cheating :twisted: )
Noble family #2 (these two are so cute, I love them already)
Noble family #3
Merchant family #1
Merchant family #2 (I love this family's looks)
Peasant family #1 (this will be the "what birth control?" family... Lots of kids and.. That boy, I swear he looks so evil, so I gave him a grouchy personality to go with it... Ah I need to take better pics)
Peasant family #2 (another cute couple I wub)
Peasant family #3
+ I didn't add yet my 'narrator' sim there...
It took ages to make all these families, I dunno when I'll be able to start properly playing them!! :lol:

Anyway this post is way too long...

But now I have a place where to post all my sims pics... BUAHAHAH be afraid...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Sims 2 Thread!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 04:39:58 AM »
Ahh the Sims and Sims 2. My all time favorite games. The first time I saw the Sims back in 2000, I seriously fell in love with the game, I wanted to get it and play it. I really get lost in the sim world with the families' stories and all that.  I'll probably edit this post later, cuz I have more stuff I wanna say but can't now
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 11:06:34 PM »
w00t sim talk

This "Kingdom of Farlasca" thing is taking ages. I haven't even been able to properly start playing yet. :lol: I've been just furnishing the houses and getting the families to settle in (which means playing them for just a couple of sim hours, not a full day), and even then, I've only been able to do the royal family and nobles so far. I wonder if I'll have the patience to really get this thing going, but I'll try. :D

I wub this noble couple though, they're so cute T__T :heart: Well, family sims are always lovely.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 03:08:36 PM »
I haven't been able to play Sims 2 in soooooo long because my neighbor broke the screen on the laptop with the sims!!! :angry:
I don't want to upload it on another laptop cuz they are really good, and also, it would suck so much to loose all those familes and stories I worked so hard on. :(  I'm still looking for a repair of the screen..

That Royal family challenge looks fun to do. That's probably keeping you busy

I want start playing again so I can get sims 2 pets! damn, I loved the first sims pets game, and I know sims 2 pets has to be awesome. I even have made up in my mind which animals I would put with certain families.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 12:23:48 AM »
I hope you get your game up and running again soon!! :O

Ok, this is probably going to be long. :lol: Just introducing my Kingdom of Farlasca habitants better!

Remember though that I'm not even trying to make them look like people from an era in the past, even if it's much encouraged in the challenge rules :D

Arthur Royal (the King)

A likeable old man. Managed to get some nobles angry at him when he changed the taxation system so that people with more fortune must pay more. Is the official "telescope cop"; if somebody spies on the royal home, he runs over to give them a huge lecture. But still, most people like him.

Christine Royal (the Queen)

The Queen's favourite hobby is dancing to piano music. She lives a very secret life, for she barely ever leaves the royal home. She's expecting a baby and I can't wait to see if it's a Prince or a Princess :3

The Nobles

Harold Brahvir

A career-driven man. Cares about his family more than he lets on.

Suzanne Brahvir

A romance sim. She can't wait for their son to get a bit older so that she can concentrate on 'meeting more people' and 'having fun with them'. Wasn't really meant to be a mother, but it was expected of her so what can ye do.

Charles Brahvir

The future heir of the Brahvir family. He's just a little bundle of noise so far.

Sven Ulur

A man with a big stomach and a big heart. A lovely sim. He's going to be such a good daddy. :heart: 

Cassie Ulur

A lovely sim, just like her husband. Can't wait for their baby to pop out. :heart: I just needed at least one really cute couple like this :D

Rachael Dione

Hobbies are stealing the King's newspaper and kicking down his trashcan. Well, until she's not angry with him anymore. :lol:

Lee Dione

No story for him yet. He's in good terms with the King.

Evelyn Dione

The little bundle of joy. She looks like she might grow up to be kind of interesting looking.

The Merchants

Lauren Oston

I love this picture because it looks like she has an obvious gap between her front teeth. I never realized that sims could have different kinds of teeth (can they??) Definitely not one of my prettier sims, but I wasn't even going for pretty with all of them.

Cezar Oston

Omg. I find this sim hot. Is it because he's an asshole who cheats at playing chess? Or is it because he's a Knowledge sim? Nobody knows, but I enjoy playing this family a lot because of him.

Peter Sells

Peter and his ginger body. I dunno, I don't actually like this guy a whole lot. Maybe he's just too obsessed with money. I love his huge pointy jaw, though.

Harriet Sells

Cute, but boring so far. Needs to get preggers.

John Sells

Lookswise probably one of my favourite kids ever. It's not like he's super pretty, but he's just fun to look at, and I love taking pics of him.

The Peasants

Gerard Johnson

Isn't he sexy? JUST KIDDING. Hardworking but a bit daft guy, genuine and kind-hearted. May look scary, but has the heart of gold.

Elsa Johnson

Isn't she sexy? Ok ok still kidding. But how can you not love Elsa. She's also a bit of a daft, but she's gonna love their baby so much.

Harrison Wood

Poor guy works so hard and smells so bad after work. I love his look ROFL, I just look at him and can't help but smile a little.

Wanda Wood

Mother of two with a third one on the way. I dunno how she's going to handle that AND go to work.

Gunster Wood

Doesn't he look evil?? Ah what a disappointment. He was supposed to be my nightmare of a kid, but instead he just quietly lives his life and cleans up after him. I hope he gets meaner once he grows up. lol

Gillian Wood

Poor Gillian, the only teen in town with nobody to marry. She'll have to get someone from outside Farlasca.

Vince & Betsy Tuller

Couldn't find good pics of them, unfortunately. Well, they're quite a normal couple, actually. I think it's starting to show that I really don't have a 'story' yet for most of the families :lol: They'll come eventually...

Ren Tuller

Also one of my favourite kids ever. I love it that he got his mother's piggy nose. Isn't it cute? XD But he's a bit of an ass.

Colin Muffins

Colin is an outsider who has moved into Farlasca... I've barely played him so far, I'm saving him for future needs. But he's automatically regarded as a peasant because of his blonde hair.

----

I play each family 1 sim day at a time and then move on to the next. This way the whole neighbourhood can progress at the same time (except for Colin Muffins). It's a fun way of playing and I wish I had figured it out sooner. :lol:

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »
Is anyone good at making sims from real people? I'm not good at it, and I'd love to find someone who can make sims of Kei Yasuda and Atsuko Inaba if possible.^^

Love, Charmy

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 09:57:13 PM »
Sorry Charmy, I absolutely suck at making sims from real people T_T. Tried it a few times (even tried to do Rika) and it was just no good... Hehe!

Ok, I was going to post some caps from Kingdom of Farlasca every time I finished a "cycle" (playing each family 1 sim day at a time). But I forgot, so I've got stuff from more than just one cycle. Not that it really matters, so on to the caps!!

The Royal Family

What better way to start than with a lovely pic of our cute king.

The Queen got a new dress and enjoyed a drink at Brahvir's house. Hmmm!!

Well, it was a Princess, not a Prince, and she grew up into a toddler already! Meet Princess Lucia. I can't change her hairstyle without downloading a modified mirror, so she'll be stuck looking like a boy until she grows up again.

The Brahvir Family

Suzanne :heart: She's done nothing slutty so far :( I'm looking forward to that. Suzanne is like one of my favourites in this neighbourhood.

Charles has grown up into a kid, and a rather cute one. He might be the one to marry Princess Lucia in the future. We'll see.

The Brahvir family finally hired a maid and lo behold!! It's my very favourite one, Remington Hill! No, I don't usually remember the names of maids (they just come around to clean stuff), but something's really likeable about this guy! I want Suzanne to have an affair with him. Keke.

The Ulur Family

My most favouritest cute couple had their first baby.

Cassie has class and passes some gas. YEAH!

The Dione Family

Aww, what a cute family pic. Mom Rachael helping Evelyn with homework while dad Lee is making her bed.

Evelyn also grew up and got a new dress. Whee!

A small makeover for mom Rachael, too.

The Oston Family

Things can get kinda heated sometimes in sim world. Well, I've tried and tried to have a baby with this couple, but they seem to be cursed! They've woohood now probably 6 or so times, and no pregnancy.

I love it that Lauren has an obvious gap between her front teeth. :lol: It totally fits her look.

The Sells Family

They're expecting a baby, but no interesting pics of that.

John finally baked whatever that is without burning it. LOL!

The Johnson Family

Aww no pics. They had a baby who grew up into a toddler, but she's so ugly (because of the skintone she has) that I'm not gonna post a pic for now. :lol:

The Wood Family

Omg, another baby! This is Brittany. Has the same bad skintone as the girl in Johnson family. But it makes them look so horrible, it totally fits the whole 'peasant' theme. :D

Sometimes the game surprises me with cute moments~ The siblings all together. Gillian and Gunster hugging each other in front of the baby ^_^

The Tuller Family

Ren was so happy about his first A+ that he couldn't wait for his dad to finish peeing.

...And a random pic of Ren giving a phone call. Cute kids :heart:

uwahh! Wtf, my posts are always a mile long!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 07:54:25 PM »
LOL it's me again

This time posting pics of people in my Sim Bachelor house!

Two of them already got the boot.

This is Jayne, first one out - didn't connect with the guy~~

Calista - she wasn't really getting on with the bachelor, but I let her stay longer than Jayne cuz at least she tried. XD She ended up in situations where she'd be chatting with him all the time (I wasn't controlling the game at that point), but they just got -!!

This is Paola, probably the next one out.

Sunny...... yeah.

Snowy :D omg I love her look.. She's so cute~

Poni, turning out to be quite the man-eater

Simone! Nobody messes with Simone!!

And of course, the Bachelor, Marc!! The root of all evil!!

OWTF U DOIN WIT MY BACHELOR!

TAKE DAT U PIG!!

As a revenge, Simone goes to hit on Snowy. Snowy giggles. How ridiculously cute is that ;_; :heart:

And a scawy pic of Paola going boinkers.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 08:11:44 PM »
ha ha how do you cope with all these Sims?
I'd struggle with so many  :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:29:57 PM »
Well I basically only play Kingdom of Farlasca anymore... The Bachelor thing is just fun for a few days.. keke

But yeah there isn't really enough time to play all of them >_>

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »
someone have found some H!P girls sim to download or make some of the hp girls ??

i only found in the net mikichan O.o

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
Get the hype machine started cause:

The Sims 3 can be revealed soon

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 03:19:55 PM »
I really wonder what's gonna be in sims 3. I can't even think, cuz I thought they had it all with sims 2. Probably better graphics?(even though sims 2 graphics are good too)

Offline Carrie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 05:11:34 AM »
^ They have a preview for it in the next expansion it seems:

[youtube=425,350]8xTipLHIj4s[/youtube]

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 05:54:10 AM »
Except for the new character customizations, it doesn't look all that different. Right now, I still like/prefer the character looks in the Sims 2.  And it looks like you're able to go exploring with your sims in the big towns/cities now, hmm.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »
owow...

I won't be getting Sims 3 probably in the next 5 years anyway (ROFL) because I got Sims 2 so late and I've still got lots to do with it... :lol:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 03:48:43 PM »
My computer can't even play Sims 2 properly, never mind Sims 3  :rofl:

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »
I tried to make a Sim tonight! It's hard! They always look so retarded! T_T it's frustrating trying to make the face look remotely like a real person T_T

I need help!

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 07:06:36 PM »
ebc has been Siminfected?  :rofl:

Love, Charmy

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »
It's been ages since I last babbled about my sims so... :3

I'm too lazy to cover everything that's happened since (LOL) so I'll just post about what each family is up to right now...

The Royal Family:

The prince was born. His name is Lucas and he's getting major love and attention from the King and the Queen. King's kinda close to dying, he's old.

Lucia, the princess, is now a kid. She has an unfortunate nose (looks good from the front but not the side)

The Brahvir Family:

Charles is now a cute teen. :3

Suzanne is having an affair with the maid. :heart: YEA SUZANNE GO-GO!

The Ulur Family:

Winona, the daughter, and her dad look very much alike... Cassie is expecting their 2nd child. whoo

The Dione Family:

Evelyn Dione is now a gorgeous teen! Much love~

Oyeah and Esther was born.

The Oston Family:

I GOT FRICKING TWINS!!! :D So exciting but twin toddlers are A LOT OF WORK

First the older son, Tobias.

Thomas. It's funny that they kinda have the same facial features, but look completely different because of the different skintone...

Thomas is also a whiny little bundle of pain. Always crying about something.

The Sells Family:

Jenn just grew up into a child and I already like her a lot :D

Randomly becoming friends with Lucia... See the club of 'unfortunate noses'. Both girls got their noses from their dad! Tut-tut!

And here's just John as a teen, burning his food.

The Johnson Family:

Here's Dolly and her random friend witnessing Donnie's birth (a little brother for her).

Yup, Donnie's birth. I think those kids were traumatized for life. Donnie is an ugly baby, so no pics. XD

The Wood Family:

Gillian got an after-school job. She's like the backbone of this family, I really wub her.

Having breakfast together (only mom is missing).

The Tuller Family:

Here's just Ren Tuller being a cute teen. He's still a bit of an ass.

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Surreal