JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Passista De Samba

Author Topic: Tekken  (Read 12035 times)

Offline liamers

• Omame beam power
  • ecchi
  • none can withstand the Omame BEEAAMM!!!
Tekken
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:11:09 AM »
you know you love it!  :P well I do any way. Its been around since about 94/95 . Started with Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Tekken Tag tournament, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken Dark Resurrection and comming in 2009 is Tekken 6 & I can't wait.

my fave players are, Yoshimitsu, Ling Xiaoyu, Lee chaolan, lei wulong

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Re: Tekken
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:46:48 AM »
I remember that I hated Tekken back in high school because I wasn't really into 3D fighting games. I'd rather play 2D ones like the games from Capcom and I couldn't play it at home since I had a Saturn instead of a PS. But during college, there was a shop near our school that had a PS2 and TTT. I'd play with my friends but they'd kick my ass all the time so, the Karate Kid syndrome struck. I had to practice so I can keep up with them. We still play casually, using the latest Tekken available, and I can win over them now.

I tried out T6 in the arcade and it's pretty good. Probably one of the reasons why I should buy a PS3 in the future.

Bob and the new characters from T6 is getting a lot of usage from newbs, just like Lili and Dragunov when DR first came out. Maybe they'll get nerf once the patch gets released.

I mainly use Mishimas, Jin primarily and sometimes Lee when I want to show off, Bryan and Steve when I get scrubbed. :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 04:22:19 AM »
After all this time a Tekken thread is finaly started? :P

I'm so excited for Tekken 6. :w00t:

Anyone see that new Leo charatcer?  I thought he was a boy,and then I read that she was a girl..  and now that I read the wiki pages (it's been like this for a while) , it's been revised to that there are no "his, hers, him, shes" lol, nothing of gender.  He/she also reminded me a lot of Eliot from DOA 4.

I'm looking forward to using Lili and King.  I played Lili for the first time on the PS3 TDR, and I really liked her moveset
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »
An awesome series indeed. Can't wait for 6. Though I'm still wondering why they have an ice dragon for a boss. I rather face Jinpachi or whatever his name was again

I was good with King, Bryan, Yoshimitsu and Asuka

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:17:38 AM »
My first tekken game was Tekken 2! Then i played Tekken 3 and Jin, i'd fallen in love this him. Untill now... i still love jin.  :inlove: He is a very good lookin' guy. Then i played Tekken 4 for the first time, i've fallen more in love this him!  :oops: And in Tekken 5 was a limit break! X_X Jin AND Devil Jin.. OMG! >< And now.. i'm waiting for Tekken 6... and of course for Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII  :oops:

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:07:29 AM »
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 04:36:59 AM »
^ Nice. Hope they nerfed Bob a bit. Almost all of his counterhit moves can start a ground bounce juggle. :-\

The girl (Alisa Boskonovich) is probably a relative of Dr. B from Tekken 3. Hope she isn't another joke character like Dr. B though XD

The new guy character looks like he uses the same style as Leo.

lol @ Asuka's Jin Hairdo  :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »
I can't wait until the release date of Tekken 6!
I'm going to buy both versions... The PSP one and the PS3 one! =D
Because if I'm going to my holidays, then I have my PSP and Tekken 6! And at home of course playing in the big widescreen on my PS3 :oops:

The new characters looking all good.. but.. this Alisa girl... I don't like her! XD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »
Rather annoyed the fight stick with the bundle is wireless so it's  probably not gonna be any good so I'm just gonna get the game and track down a better fight stick.

Offline vergil83

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 12:13:54 AM »
Did anyone notice that the PS3 version during gamplay looked zoomed in and the health bar is really low (bout to touch the characters Head) compared to the arcade version? I hope Namco fixes this before releasing the game next month.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 05:18:55 PM »
I noticed that too... that the health bars are low and the pics are zoomed in...
I hope too, that Namco fixed it in the final version D:

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 07:53:05 PM »
This stuff can be easily change in SFIV and Blazblue...
I'm pretty sure it will be the same for Tekken.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 12:18:32 AM »
^ Hopefuly...
If not, then Namco has some minus points by me! =D

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 07:56:02 PM »
I was a big fan of it couple years ago but it seemed to be more a hastle to find it in an arcade on a daily basis and they developed a weird system when it came to it.  I loved Tekken 3 and 5 because of the development of the capoeira fighters
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 06:54:40 PM »
I love Lars~ |D (Newcomer for Tekken 6!)
He is mysterious... like Dragunov! D:

EDIT:
IGN has uploaded many in-game screenshots, with in-game customizations, the new Scenario Campagne Mode (mostly of them are from Lars' side of the Campagne Mode) and many other thing!
Enjoy it: http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748466/imgs_1.html

I freaked out as I saw all the new screenshots... :bleed eyes:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:14:42 PM by Ayako-Luna »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »
I've been thinking about getting Tekken 6 for the PSP. Yes I could get it for the 360, but I don't think I would play it as much as Modern Warfare 2 seems to take up most of my time, whereas I could go to Uni and play a couple of quick games and enjoy. Anyone got it and can recommend it? (Looking at you Ayako-Luna :D)

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »
I got to play Tekken 6 on my friend's 360 last week, and I thought it was decent; I might pick it up in the distant future when the price comes down (the bad part about having a working 360 again is I get to pay attention to the holiday games rush, and there are about ten games either out now or coming out in the next three-and-a-half months...and I can't afford them all).

It's funny, though -- we alternated on Survival mode and I kept getting my ass kicked one or two rounds in. Then we went to Vs. mode, and I started whomping major ass on my friend; then we went to arcade mode and suddenly I started beating the shit out of the AI fighters with nothing but button-mashing-fu (I didn't do any tutorials or anything, so I had no clue how to do combos or anything).

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 06:45:04 PM »
I've been thinking about getting Tekken 6 for the PSP. Yes I could get it for the 360, but I don't think I would play it as much as Modern Warfare 2 seems to take up most of my time, whereas I could go to Uni and play a couple of quick games and enjoy. Anyone got it and can recommend it? (Looking at you Ayako-Luna :D)

Of course I'll recommend the game to anyone, who hasn't played it yet! =D

But it has some negative points:
-You don't have offline Ranking (but you have offline Ranking on PSP version...), after you reach 1st Dan then you can only rank up online versus real players.
-Loading times are very long, if you don't install the game on your HDD (for PS3 users much longer, than for 360 users!)
-Scenario Campagne story is not that satisfying as I thought... :smhid (But to see Lars in his damn Tekken Force uniform or in his alternate customs makes all doki doki!! :oops:)
-The camera angle in Scenario Campagne is weird! D:
-Story of Scenario Campagne focuses only on Lars and Alisa, but the gameplay can be played with all 40 characters! (lucky for Lars-Fans or -Fangirls!! :twothumbs)
-Lars and Alisa has only two different customizations but with many different colors. (Damn you, Namco!!! :banghead:)
-Story Mode (or so "beautiful" called Arena Mode...) is hidden in Scenario Campagne Mode, so you must at least beat the first level of Scenario to get to it...
-The so called "Arena Mode" is not that good! The only story, that could be canon for Tekken 7 is the story of Scenario Campagne... but I can be wrong.
-Lars' special "console only" costume is :barf: (no wonder: The mangaka of Naruto designed it... I love Jin's and Lili's special costume!)
-Survival Mode is hard
-You can't record your combos in Practice mode, like you did before in T5:DR on PSP
-NANCY and Azazel are hard to beat! :P2

The positive points:
-You can earn very easy fightmoney with Scenario Campagne
-You can unlock all the customizations for each character, that you play, without paying for it! (If your character, that you play, gets the treasure, than the item / custom is yours; but if it gets Alisa, your AI partner, then it is Alisa's...)
-You can earn via Roulette many fightmoney or items too.
-All the other characters have tons of customizations, compared to Lars and Alisa <_<
-You can unlock the prolouges and endings of the characters, without playing in the Arena Mode (only if you play in Ghost Battle, Arcade Mode and Scenario Campagne...)

Well.. you see...They're many negative points to Tekken 6... and I hope, we can see sometime next year an Arcade version, that you can download via PSN (for PS3 users), like they did it with T5:DR in 2007.
But the game is great! The awesome graphics and the motion blur on / off... :wub:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
Does the PSP have that campaign mode though? As I understand it's more like previous Tekken games with an Arcade Mode, Vs and Survival mode to work with.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 12:24:06 AM »
The PSP, sadly, doesn't have the Scenario Campaigne Mode...
Only the Story Mode and all the other stuff from the previous Tekken games! But the Story Mode in the PSP has only 4 stages, like in the PS3/XBOX 360 too in the Arena Mode in Scenario Campaigne...

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Passista De Samba