JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Pe`z - Hanafubuki

Author Topic: Tekken  (Read 12026 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tekken
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 12:48:56 AM »
Oh I see. 4 stages huh? Seems pretty light. You'll have to remind me but isn't there like an arcade mode where you can fight against AI characters to make it seem like you're in an actual arcade? I remember there was a mode like it in Tekken 5 which is where I wasted most of my time on, looked like it was the crux behind me earning the gold and buying all those different customisation options for Lee Chaolan. Is it still in and if so, please say you can earn like different emblems against your character, I admit I spent ages in VF5's quest mode obtaining all of them. It's a guilty pleasure :D

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 01:12:38 AM »
4 stages are lame... it must've been 9 stages, like in T5:DR! :D
Yeah.. there is an arcade mode, that it looks like the real arcade... But i never tried the Arcade Mode myself.. I played always on Ghost Battle, because you get more gold in Ghost Battle rather than in Arcade Mode.. you become in Arcade Mode after beating an AI player only 2.500 gold, but in Ghost Battle, it depents on how high the rank from the AI is, how much time you left, how much health you left and all this.

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 08:37:18 PM »

Based on the long running and highly successful Namco video game franchise of the same name, TEKKEN is a high-octane, action packed thriller written for the screen by Alan McElroy (Spawn, The Marine) and to be directed by Dwight Little (Anacondas, Murder at 1600) with fight choreography tentatively by Dion Lam (Spider-Man 2, Doom, Red Cliff). Set in 2039, the film promises non-stop high flying action as the greatest fighters from around the world come to compete in the last and greatest sporting event of all time, the Fist Tournament. After World Wars destroy much of civilization as we know it, the remaining territories are no longer run by governments, but by corporations the mightiest of which is Tekken. In order to keep the masses down, Tekken sponsors the Iron Fist Tournament in which fighters compete to the death for ultimate glory and receive a lifetime of stardom and wealth. We are introduced to this violent world through the eyes of Jin Kazama, a street fighter that enters the tournament in order to avenge the death of his mother that he blames upon Tekken’s powerful and controlling Chairman, Heihachi Mishima. He knows that the only way to get close enough to Mishima to kill him is to win the tournament. With the help of Lucas, an ageing Iron Fist Champion and fight trainer, Jin makes his way through the tournament, but in doing so, he begins to uncover his own past and inner demons as well as exposing a dark underbelly to Tekken that threatens the very existence of humanity.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/japanese-poster-and-release-date-for-tekken-12416

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 09:04:09 PM »
^ sweet I have been waiting for this movie to come out for a while now, I wanted Chiaki Kuriyama but she pulled out at the last minute so I am praising on Heihachi pull through (Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »
ugh.. I don't like the plot of the movie... XD
I don't know but I have a feeling that this movie is going to be a FLOP

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 10:37:54 PM »
but by corporations the mightiest of which is Tekken. In order to keep the masses down, Tekken sponsors the Iron Fist Tournament in which fighters compete to the death for ultimate glory and receive a lifetime of stardom and wealth.

Christ, they've already fucked it up and it's not even the 4th line of the synopsis. They look to have Raven matched down, but everyone else is...no (Nina and Anna :lol:) It is a video game movie, and it's based off a fighting game (why are all video game adaptations based off fighting games? They are not where you want to go for great narrative to start with) so I never had high expectation for it in the first place, but I don't even think they'll make a good adaptation of the series. *sigh*

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 09:38:33 AM »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 10:45:21 AM »
a Jin Kazama POV sigh oh well it must be worth watching this one :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 08:17:26 PM »
Hmmm... maybe... XD
Or maybe not.... XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 05:12:10 AM »
Anchor Bay Finally Picks Up 'Tekken' for Distribution in 2011

After seeing an all-new poster back in June declaring that the adaptation of the fighting video game series Tekken would hit theaters August 5th, there seemed to be hope the film would see the light of day. But that date came and went and the film was nowhere to be seen on the big screen. But today Anchor Bay Films announced via press release that they would distribute the action-packed fighting frenzy of a film for a wide release sometime in 2011. Though no specific month or even season is mentioned as a potential release date, this is at least official confirmation that the film won't be stuck in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart (at least not for awhile).

Tekken set in a world run by all-powerful corporations, of which the mightiest  is the Tekken Corporation, headed by Heiachi Mishima. These  corporations regularly send their best fighters to challenge each other  in the ring. After running contraband outside the fortified walls of  Tekken City, Jin Kazama returns home in time to witness Tekken security  forces destroying his home and murdering his mother. In order to avenge  her, Jin enters the Iron Fist Tournament and is pitted against some of  the most brutal martial artists in the world. However, as the tournament  unfolds, he realizes that he is merely a pawn in a much bigger and  deadlier game.

While some of the fighting in the trailer that was released back in January looked pretty cool, I can't see this being any more successful, or just generally better, then previous fighting game adaptations like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. I guess I shouldn't expect much from Dwight H. Little, the director of Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Meyers, but since he's had some strong TV credits to his name recently including "Dollhouse" and "24," maybe he'll surprise us.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/09/13/anchor-bay-finally-picks-up-tekken-for-distribution-in-2011/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »

Heihachi dying his hair? Next step is to buy a sports car in order to cope with his latelife crisis :lol:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 01:32:27 AM »
But this will not stop showing his age! XD
Hope the new voice actor can pull off the Heihachi, since his old voice actor died because of suicide...

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
Tekken
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 02:59:55 AM »
The Tekken movie looks to get shittier & shittier every time I see any info on it. It screams Wal-Mart discount bin already.
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 03:24:15 AM »
I didn't watched the Tekken movie... and don't want to watch it! ><

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 04:08:58 AM »
At least Heihachi didn't think of wearing his diaper outfit.  :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
New Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Trailer!! With new and old characters!! :DDDDJun's comeback in 1:11 - 1:14? :w00t:
I like Jin's and Lars' new CG Artwork... :drool:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »
Something to make you forget that live-action movie:

:thumbsup

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 12:49:23 AM »
Tekken Hybrid looks pretty awesome

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 02:29:38 AM »
Get this game!!! You can say what you want but I'm going to get this!!! >O<

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 07:34:11 AM »
^
^ There were a good number of theaters around me that aired the movie for the "one night only" promotion. I didn't go though ( I need to save money).

and that's how all video games turned movies should be like. No live actors . :P
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Pe`z - Hanafubuki