JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Kokoro Knife

Author Topic: The Zelda Thread  (Read 35822 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Zelda Thread
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »

The Legend of Zelda​ ( ゼルダの伝説, Zeruda no Densetsu? ) is an action-adventure video game series created by game designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka and developed and published by Nintendo. The gameplay consists of a mixture of action, adventure, puzzle solving, and role-playing. The series centers on Link, the main playable character and protagonist. Link is often given the task of rescuing Princess Zelda and the most common setting of the series, Hyrule, from Ganon who is the primary antagonist of the series. However, other settings and antagonists have appeared throughout the games, with Vaati having recently become the series' secondary antagonist. The story commonly involves a relic known as the Triforce, a set of three golden triangles of omnipotence.

The protagonist in each game is usually not the same iteration of Link, but a few exceptions do exist. The Legend of Zelda series has sold over 52 million copies since the release of the first game, The Legend of Zelda, and continues to be successful worldwide. The series consists of fourteen official games on all of Nintendo's major consoles, as well as several spin-offs. An animated series based on the games aired in 1989, and individual manga adaptions which are officially endorsed and commissioned by Nintendo have been produced in Japan since 1997.

What's your favorite Zelda game? Who's your favorite character? Speak up!

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Re: The Zelda Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 07:49:20 AM »
My favorite game is definitely The Windwaker. I'm pretty sure I'm in a small minority here, but there's something about that game that just draws me to it. I've replayed it PLENTY of times. Like everyone else, I do have a problem with the crazy amount of sailing, but the game is soooo much fun and there's plenty of lol-moments.

I do love the entire series, though. Not going to lie, I used to make it hobby of mine to see how fast I could go through the first game. I know it like the back of my hand.  :heart:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 08:03:24 AM »
Not a huge Zelda fan, but I did enjoy Ocarina of Time.  I loved messing with the homicidal chickens.  :nervous

I LOVE the music, too.  I learned how to play the Gerudo Valley theme on guitar.  My bro and I also like to rawk out playing the Zelda Theme.  :thumbsup

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 08:42:38 AM »
I love me some LoZ  :love: Its hard to say which game is my favorite. I also enjoyed Windwalker (Link at his cutest). The damn skulltulas still scare the shit out of me when I play in the dark.

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 08:50:02 AM »
Best game thread ever made. :heart:

Zelda is the game that got me into video games, and it's always been my favorite since. I've beaten all the games, multiple times~ And I gotta say, even though Twilight Princess was really awesome, Ocarina of Time is definitely my favorite AND Twilight Princess was loosely based off of Ocarina of Time, meaning Twilight Princess would be nothing without it XD

Not going to lie, I used to make it hobby of mine to see how fast I could go through the first game. I know it like the back of my hand.  :heart:

I do that with OoT. :lol:
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 11:03:36 AM »
The Zelda games have been consistently quality games. But I say Majora's Mask wasn't as good as it could have been
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
Ocarina of Time is deservedly a classic. Only recent game in the Zelda series I haven't played is Twilight Princess but I have a Wii now so I have no excuse. Wind Waker was unfairly disregarded because of it's cel shaded style. It was still Zelda, you could still kick chickens and collect the Triforce. Only game I don't have as much love for is Phantom Hourglass, and I've played Majora's Mask. Having to go back into that Temple after every dungeon quickly grated.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 11:57:42 AM »
original zelda for the NES is like my fav game of all time. I think every zelda ive ever played is fucking epic... the only ones i havent played are windwaker, minnish cap, and twilight princess

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 03:01:43 PM »

I've only played the original Zelda on NES, aeons ago, and Phantom Hourglass on DS.

Phantom Hourglass is one of the defining DS games because of how it uses the touchscreen so flawlessly for movement, battle and puzzles. Such innovation! ;__; Definitely one of my fave DS games. Can't wait 'til the sequel.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
Majora's Mask was the only game I believe I didn't finish. I got tired of going back in time so damn much.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 06:17:35 PM »
To this day I still haven't played Twilight Princess and I get so much hate for it, haha.

Between people who want me to play a great game and those who want me to use the Twilight hack lol.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »
I loved Ocarina but my all time favorite Zelda game is still Zelda 3 for SNES :yep:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
I used to have a crush on Link when I was younger XD
My favorite game is Wind Waker, I think I've beaten that like.. 6 times? Never gets old.
My first game was Majora's mask, and I got that when I was young, so I was a bit of a noob. I started playing again last summer, and got all the way to the Zora level, only to get lost in the temple, with time running out. That always creeped me out, the whole moon falling and all.

I love this series so much, that I'm contemplating getting a triforce tattoo. The triforce graphic with the wings surronding it
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:58:08 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 02:16:57 AM »
^ Same here, with the tattoo. Zelda has made such an impact on my life, I've always seriously considered getting a triforce.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 02:34:03 AM »
^werd, ive thought of a triforce tattoo as well

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 04:36:03 AM »
^
Me too!
Let's all get them.. then we can match! :D

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
The one I played the most is definitely Ocarina of Time. The original one is still my favorite!

Just listen to the music:

Phil Côté's "NES Zelda in 25:29"

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »
^ I could listen to that all day :yep:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 10:39:29 PM »
The music in the series is another reason why I love it so much. Here are some of my favs:

Zelda: The Wind Waker Music - Dragon Roost Island

Windmill Song
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI9QKyzh0R8[/noembed]

"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Takuya7

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 12:28:28 AM »
I have Played and Finished the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time...

the dungeons are sooo~ very difficult

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Kokoro Knife