JPHiP Radio (35/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - I Remember You

Author Topic: KINGDOM HEARTS  (Read 31767 times)

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
KINGDOM HEARTS
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »
I can't believe, there's not a single topic for Kingdom Hearts... Well! That's why, the Kingdom Hearts-Wota is here and makes one!

Kingdom Hearts is one of the greatest Crossover RPG ever! Everybody should've played this game or heard of this! (Some Disney characters may be OOC in this game series, but it IS funny! XD)
I'll give you all now the Timeline of the game series, when was which game of KH released... I don't say anything to the games itself! If you want to know more about the game series, go to Wikipedia or Kingdom Hearts Ultimania or Kingdom Hearts Insider =)

KINGDOM HEARTS, Publisher is SQUARE ENIX, the Director of this series is Nomura Tetsuya-san

TIMELINE:

March 2002: The very first Kingdom Hearts game for the PS2 was released in Japan. We from the west (North America and European) had this game with the battle between Sephiroth. It was not in the JP version.

December 2002: Nearly one year later was Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix for the PS2 released, too. This game has all this, that we from the west has already in Kingdom Hearts! Like... the battle between Sephiroth. AND they're many other things, like many new mini games, two new Keyblades for Sora, new extra cutscenes, and the battle between the BOSS from the Organisation XIII, Xemnas! (Oops, I gave a spoiler hint! XDD) This Boss battle is extra in Final Mix of Kingdom Hearts, and this was NOT in the US nor EU version of the game! That's makes the game so special! In 2003, Kingdom Hearts II was announced on the Tokyo Games Show!

November 2004: Another year later, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was released in Japan, and a few months later in the west. (euro players must've waited until May 2005 for this game T_T) This game plays after the original Kingdom Hearts and before Kingdom Hearts II.

December 2005: Waiting nearly three years, Kingdom Hearts II was finally for the PS2 in Japan released... The game itself have grown up, when it comes to the graphics. If you beat the game on Proud Mode, then you'll be awarded with a Secret Ending! =) Many of the Kingdom Hearts-Fans thought, that this Secret Ending was a hint for Kingdom Hearts III, and the rumors started going around the world... but we were all wrong! x3

??? 2006: On the Tokyo Games Show, Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ was announced. But there is more!!! They announced that the Remake for Chain of Memories will be released too! Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix has many new things, like mini games, new items, MANY MANY new cutscenese, a theater mode, where you can watch ALL the cutscenese in English AND Japanese, a new mode called: CRITICAL MODE (This mode is really hard! If you don't give fully attention to your enemies, than you#re dead after a few hits!). Everybody complained about the Proud Mode (the hardest on Kingdom Hearts II) in Kingdom Hearts II, like it was too easy etc. So Nomura and his team made this Critical Mode, to give the fans this, what they want! This game was released as a 2Disc Game. The first Disc is, of course, Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix and the second Disc is Kingdom Hearts: RE:Chain of Memories. That's why, the complete game was named Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+! Because of the Remake for Chain of Memories.

??? 2007: Again on the Tokyo Games Show, there was a BIG announcement for Kingdom Hearts! THREE Kingdom Hearts Games was announced. They are: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for the DS; this game is very Roxas-centric and for all Orgnisation XIII-fans the most recommended game ever!!! The plot of the game plays between Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II; Kingdom Hearts: coded for only japanese Mobilephones... AND Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP. This game plays 10 years before the very first Kingdom Hearts!

November 2008: The first episode of Kingdom Hearts: coded was released for the Mobilephones.

May 2009: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days was released for the DS in Japan.

January 2010: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep was released for PSP in Japan. It is out on the 9th! So get it, if you want to know, how everything with the Heartless and the Nobodys started!!!

June 2010: Two Kingdom Hearts games will be announced at the E3... One of them is Kingdom Hearts: RE:coded for the Nintendo DS!

September 2010: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep will be released in US and EU Market!

That was it... I hope, it is a little bit helpful for all you newbies on KH. Any critizes and comments are welcome!!! If you know something that should be in the Timeline, PM me!!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:54:14 PM by Ayako-Luna »

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: KINGDOM HEARTS
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »
I really enjoyed KH and KHII, but it's been so long since I've played either, that I could not begin to describe the story, the characters or the worlds as it has expanded so much. Heartless, nobodies, Organisation XIII.  :dizzy: I guess it didn't help that I never played Chains of Memories, really it's a series which I'm sure if (and when) KHIII is made that newcomers would be very baffled. Still, that's not a criticism, MGS is very much the same way and I'm all in favour of detailed and complex narratives, which I wasn't expecting with a game with Donald Duck and Goofy as your party characters.

I remember my favourite character was Axel and my favourite world was probably Aladdins. And the less said about The Little Mermaid world from KH1, the better. XD

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:52:54 PM »
Hahaha XDD Yeah, it is really that many now....
I've started Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix again... XD But I don't know, if it is okay because Birth by Sleep is on the way....

Well... my favorite world was always Hollow Bastion / Radiant Garden.

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 08:29:33 PM »
Birth By Sleep is released on 9th September

Interesting. I don't know the first thing about Birth By Sleep so it will be interseting to see details about it. So it's a prequel then?

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:19:38 PM »
Birth By Sleep is released on 9th September

Interesting. I don't know the first thing about Birth By Sleep so it will be interseting to see details about it. So it's a prequel then?

Yes, Birth by Sleep is a prequel to the series itself. :)
The storyline of the game plays ten years before Sora starts his adventure! I played the game and I can recommend it. The Battle System is easy to understand and the storyline takes after a time a really dramatic way! ;_; Three protagonists! My favorite is Terra! He is slow but he has strong attacks!
To understand the full storyline, you can (but you must not!) play the game in this order: Terra -> Ven -> Aqua

If I were you: I wouldn't start with Aqua... because her storyline has the most spoilers which tells all the questions that came up all the years....

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »
I haven't played the games in so long that I'll need to refresh myself on the story anyway :lol: So it's got a Pulp Fiction kind of narrative? Seperate stories that interweave at some point? Dissidia did the same.

Funny enough I was watching a live stream of someone playing KH2 last night:

Only in the battle I was watching, the fight would end if Sora got hit once :o Don't remember it from KH2 though. I assume it's from Final Mix. That boss battle looks really cool.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 09:42:12 PM »
Yes, exactly! Birth by Sleep has some scenes, where all three protagonist or two of the three meet each other and has some interactions! I'll say this: Radiant Garden has one Boss Battle, where you will fight a Unversed with the two other protagonists together! It will happen in all three storys! 8)

FInal Mix of Kingdom Hearts II... it one extra difficult.. that is called Critical Mode :twisted:
The Plus point in the Critical Mode is, you'll get 50 Ability Points and many abilitys! There's is one Ability, which is called "EXP 0" or something like that... :huhuh If you have this ability on, then you'll get NO EXPs... Your level will be remaining 1. And THAT is the challenge of the Critical Mode!
The hitpoints of the Heartless and the Boss Battles are much more then in the other difficults. If you aren't careful on your moves, then you will get one hit -> DEAD! And that's the negative point about the Critical Mode xD
But that's the challenge about this game, that all the fans wanted... Because the Hard difficulty was way to easy for them XD

And you can fight ALL Organisation XIII members again, after you beated them one time! But to do this, you must get through the Cavern of Remembrace, which is in Radiant Garden / Hollow Bastion!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 05:07:40 PM »
Go to the official US website of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, type the official release date for the US market and you can download a PSP Theme of BbS!!!

EDIT: Did I said, that I LOVE the Theme song of Birth by Sleep?! :inlove: Shimomura Yoko-sama is the BEST!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:56:04 PM by Ayako-Luna »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 01:16:02 PM »
Ayako-Luna's gonna love this XD

Tetsuya Nomura revealed a new Kingdom Hearts game will be revealed at E3. One of two new titles for the series.

Except it's not a full blown sequel, calling it "two titles other than III"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:10:32 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 04:46:54 PM »
Hell yes!!!! :w00t:
Can't wait for the E3 announces / trailers!!!

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 12:16:45 AM »
I'm interested in Birth By Sleep - don't have a PSP though....

Can't wait to see the announcement of the new game.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 06:31:37 PM »
I can recommend Birth by Sleep!! :thumbup
If you ever haven't played the Kingdom Hearts games, then you should start off with this game!!!
But of course: You can play Birth by SLeep as well, if you played the other Kingdom Hearts games, too! XD You, as a well-known KH Gamer, become lot's of answers for the history of the game series itself! :thumbup

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 04:32:42 AM »
Apparently Square Enix has ported the cellphone game "Kingdom Hearts: Coded" to the Nintendo DS as "Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded.

Will be announced next week at E3.

http://kotaku.com/5559468/kingdom-hearts-recoded-makes-american-debut-next-week

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 04:58:30 PM »
Then, I hope this game comes to EU as well.. D:

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »
There has also been speculation that Square Enix will announce another Kingdom Hearts game - possibly KHIII - even though they didn't list it in the previews of what would be debuted. See my last post for more.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 08:52:58 PM »
Huuuh...
But Birth by SLeep will be showed in E3 as well... so maybe KHIII or a fresh new sequel to the game! :jerk:
Anyway.... all the KH games should be released this year and hopefully not delayed until next year because of some game, who needed to get released in this year.. *urks* (*kills Final Fantasy XIII protagonist* Damn Lightning!!! XD)

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 09:03:23 PM »
Apparently Square Enix has ported the cellphone game "Kingdom Hearts: Coded" to the Nintendo DS as "Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded.

Will be announced next week at E3.

http://kotaku.com/5559468/kingdom-hearts-recoded-makes-american-debut-next-week
Awesome! A new Kingdom Hearts game for the DS! :D I was hoping for another one after 356/2Days!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »
^ Not sure if it's the same one, but they just announced in the Nintendo press conference of a Kingdom Hearts title for the 3DS. It's Kingdom Hearts, but in 3 dimensions!!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »
Holy crap!!! :w00t:
If it's a new Kingdom Hearts sequel, then the 3DS is worth to buy it :jerk:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
Debut gameplay of KH: Recoded for the DS

JPHiP Radio (35/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - I Remember You