JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bugy Craxone - Lucy`s Donuts

Author Topic: Shogun 2: Total War  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Shogun 2: Total War
« on: June 25, 2010, 02:21:36 AM »

Official Website
@ Wikipedia

MASTER THE ART OF WAR TO BECOME THE UNDISPUTED RULER OF MEDIEVAL JAPAN

In 2000, the Creative Assembly re-invented the strategy genre with Shogun: Total War, an unprecedented blend of 3D real-time battles and turn-based management game and the first offering in the multi-award winning series. With over 7 million units sold and universal acclaim from the press and community, Total War has consistently been at the cutting edge of the genre and is today one of the most successful PC franchises of all time.

In 2011, the makers of Rome and Empire: Total War will release the sequel to the game that started it all. Shogun 2: Total War will take long-time veterans and newcomers alike to the next level of strategy gaming on PC. Based on 10 years of experience in making Total War, Shogun 2 is the perfection of the series with a new Artificial Intelligence (AI), revolutionary multiplayer modes, brand new campaign map options and epic 3D real-time battles.

It is the middle of the 16th century in Medieval Japan. The country, once ruled by a unified government, is now split into many warring clans. The player takes on the role of one Daimyo – the clan leader – and will use military engagements, economics and diplomacy to achieve the ultimate goal: re-unite Japan under his supreme command and become the new Shogun – the undisputed ruler of Japan.

Set during the golden age of Samurai warfare, Shogun 2 brings to life the most turbulent period of Japanese history.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Shogun 2: Total War
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:40:38 AM »
I still consider Shogun 1 the best of the Total War series, so I'm totally pumped about this. I had been hoping they would make another one finally. I spent my entire first week after graduating from high school playing it :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:13:34 AM »
Shogun was and still is my favourite of the RTS games. I really liked the assassination kills

And in balance, the failures :lol:

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »
Shogun 1 and Medieval 1 were the ones I played the most, I've put so many hours into them. I was excited to play Civilization 5 but with the announcement of Shogun 2 I can let Civ past.
I feel kinda said for having played so little of Empire Total War, it is really good, but somehow I never gave it much of a chance.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »

Offline x1aomomo

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »
Am looking forward to the Navy fight XD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 06:15:58 PM »

:yep:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 01:45:29 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 02:23:40 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Shogun 2 Release Date Announced
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »
The wait is over. We’re excited to be able to announce the release date for Shogun 2: Total War as March 15th, 2011.

Shogun 2: Total War will feature enhanced full 3D battles via land and sea, which made a name for the series, as well as the tactical campaign map that many refer to as the heart and soul of Total War.

Featuring a brand new AI system inspired by the scriptures that influenced Japanese warfare, the millennia old Chinese “Art of War”, The Creative Assembly brings the wisdom of Master Sun Tsu to Shogun 2: Total War. Analysing this ancient text enabled The Creative Assembly to implement easy to understand yet deep strategical gameplay.

Many thanks,

CraigTW (aka Craig Laycock)
The Creative Assembly

Source: http://www.totalwar.com/shogun2/news/4665

Here's hoping there's some depth to the gameplay, and that it's not all about some silly battles :catglare:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 11:13:16 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 12:42:07 AM »
While waiting for this, I suggest checking out Europa Universalis III with the latest expansion "Divine Wind". They revamped Japan, China, added more content, and improved the map a ton.

Official: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/europa-universalis-iii-divine-wind

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »
The Shogun 2 Collector's Edition gets a pretty sweet looking chess set:

Dunno about you, but I consider it to be far more practical than an all-powerful weapon or an alternate costume!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 02:32:32 PM »

Game is looking quality :hump:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 12:48:56 AM »

:jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk:

Video available on Steam!

I've been playing Europa Universalis III a ton lately, mostly because I'm so excited for this game. I really hope that it captures that special feel the original Shogun had, that was lost in subsequent TW titles. At any rate, it's gonna be pretty :shocked:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
So it's been out a little bit now. I played it about three times before giving up. The strategy part is shallow, the CPU sucks, there's absolutely no depth, and the performance is pathetic. :catglare:

What do you guys think? :sweatdrop:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 01:07:15 AM »
Oh man really? I've seen mostly positive review scores for it. Will probably watch a video review and see what it's like as I've not followed up much on it at all.

That's a shame though, Shogun is still like the only strategy game I've played and kept my interest in for more than an hour.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 02:25:35 AM »
There's always the demo on Steam! Think I've been spoiled by other strategy games at this point, though.

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »
So it's been out a little bit now. I played it about three times before giving up. The strategy part is shallow, the CPU sucks, there's absolutely no depth, and the performance is pathetic. :catglare:

What do you guys think? :sweatdrop:

What exactly did you play when you said the CPU sucks but tried it three times before you gave up? Did you really give it a chance and tried to get at least halfway because at that point it became a cluster fuck (Realm Divide)

But I do agree that it lacks depth but not sure what you meant by perfromance.
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline jackcole

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^^v
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 02:55:52 PM »
Been thinking of getting this game. I'ma complete newb at rts games. Is this good for noobz like me? :sweatdrop:
^v^

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bugy Craxone - Lucy`s Donuts