JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame

Author Topic: [News] Maeda Atsuko to graduate from AKB48  (Read 51689 times)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
Re: [News] Atsuko Maeda to graduate from AKB48
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2012, 05:05:26 AM »
Anyhow, Atsuko Maeda will be graduating after the Tokyo Dome concert and the AKB theater performance on the following day. (detailed schedule will be announced on a later date.)

Looks like the later date is today, 24 May 2012 at 9 PM Japan time at http://www.youtube.com/user/akb48

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline z3144228

• ん♥♥
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2012, 12:47:27 AM »

news clip

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »
Longer clip(s) on YT ~5 mins 41 secs

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »
Atsuko Maeda's last AKB48 handshake event (2012年07月16日)

Pics just released (2012年07月16日 16時47分) by Oricon uploaded to imgur

Edit writeup by tokyohive
On July 16th, AKB48’s Maeda Atsuko participated in a handshake event at Marine Messe in Fukuoka.

This marked Maeda’s last handshake event as a member of AKB48. She started by saying, “Time passes by really fast, this is really my last,” and continued, “After graduating from AKB, I think my opportunity to see everyone like this will decrease. That’s why I want to burn this day into my mind and make memories.”

Additionally, Takahashi Minami announced that the group’s 4th album will be titled “1830m“. The album shares the same title as AKB48’s 3-day concert at Tokyo Dome, ‘AKB48 in TOKYO DOME ~1830m no Yume~‘, which will be held from August 24th to the 26th. 1830 represents the distance between AKB48 Theatre and Tokyo Dome. Takahashi expressed, “It took 7 years, but it’s a new start!”
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:00:57 AM by YKT »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2012, 03:52:14 PM »
Maeda Atsuko to parade through Akihabara to say goodbye to her fans
by simplymissj on August 20, 2012 at 1:38 am

On August 19, it was announced that AKB48’s Maeda Atsuko, who will graduate from the group on August 27, will parade around the AKB48 stage in Akihabara around 3:30 PM on the 27th to say goodbye. Fans are expected to gather en masse around the parade route to catch their last glimpse of Maeda as a part of AKB48.

Maeda has been with the group for 6 years and 8 months since she joined in December 8, 2005, when only 7 audience members showed up at their auditorium meant for 250 people.  (Subsequently, the group was unable to make their public debut.) Persevering through difficult times, Maeda helped AKB48 become Japan’s foremost popular group and gained the nickname “Fixed Ace”. She will graduate in front of an audience over 30,000 times more than the group’s first stage as 229,096 applications (for tickets) have been sent in so far.

As the number of applications for tickets exceeded expectations, Maeda thought about fans who failed to be selected in the lottery and hoped, “It might be direct, but is it not possible for me to just greet them?” Subsequently, plans for her parade were made, and her final run with the group will occur on the route that runs from Tashiro Doori right outside the AKB48 theater to the overpass above Akihabara Station on the JR Yamonote line. She will bid farewell to fans on the route that will take her to the theater. Her final performance will begin at 6 PM on August 27.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/08/maeda-atsuko-to-parade-in-akihabara-to-say-goodbye-to-her-fans/

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
Re: [News] Maeda Atsuko to graduate from AKB48
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2012, 04:29:15 PM »
In exactly 1 week, Maeda Atsuko's graduation show will be held at the AKB48 Theater. Starting at 18:00JST on August 27th. After 6 and a half years in the group, she will finally move on from AKB48.

As expected of the graduation of AKB48's ace, a staggering 229,096 ticket applications have been sent in for Acchan's last show in AKB48. Unfortunately the AKB48 Theater can only accommodate 250 people, meaning that the chance to win a ticket is 1 in 916.

But not all is lost for fans. Acchan asked management for an opportunity to greet all the fans, including the ones that won't be able to see her last appearance at theater. And so before the show starts, starting at 15:30JST, Acchan will be driven around the streets around Akihabara station in a procession about 650m long, past the Don Quihote, to bid farewell to the public.

Acchan's gradaution show will also be broadcast live on the HEY!HEY!HEY! special [HEY!HEY!HEY!Kinkyuu 2-jikan Special Konya ga Saigo! Maeda Atsuko AKB48 Sayonara Raibu-sei Chuukei] on Fuji TV starting at 19:00JST. The first half of the program will show the history of AKB48, important memories of Acchan, and messages from various AKB48 members to Acchan. The second half of the program will be the live broadcast from the theater.

http://melosnomichi.blogspot.sg/2012/08/maeda-atsukos-graduation-show-details.html

Route Map uploaded to imgur.com

Offline t-motion

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
Acchan Graduation show (in the theater) on the 27th will be streamed live on Google+ and Youtube

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/2015882/full/?cat_id=tw

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2012, 05:35:15 PM »
^Just to add the times: Starts at 18:00 JST / 5:00 EDT

Let's watch party!

edit: Watch Party information: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=33615.msg1081865#msg1081865
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:14:49 PM by Amplifier »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
Acchan performed in her second last theatre show tonight. It was a full Team A (minus Sasshi) A6 show.

Since chronological order get messed up, decided to post by portrait/landscape

And afterwards:

But she's not fully gone, she still appears in the Gingham Check PV:

(And 1/153 that's coming out in December)

Chihiro

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »
Members of AKB48 prepared a special performance of "Tabidachi no hi ni" for Acchan LIVE on Kayou Kyoku. This therefore relates to her graduation.
Translation credit acchan48fans

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:08:48 AM by YKT »

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2012, 04:20:44 PM »
That was nice! :)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2012, 04:55:51 PM »

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:08:38 PM by Masa »

Offline z3144228

• ん♥♥
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »
Atsuko Maeda Graduation parade is cancelled due to police advice

http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-11335807793.html

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »

Translation by Asheron
前田敦子 Acchan

"私は小さい頃から人見知りでした。誰かに話しかけられてもお母さんの後ろに隠れてしまうような子供でした。そんな私が48,000人の前にいられるなんて本当に幸せです。正直すごく寂しいです…。けれど、自分で決めた道です。ここから前へ歩き出したいと思います。こんな私をAKB48の一員として、応援してくださった皆さん 。本当にありがとうございました 。これからもAKB48の応援を宜しくお願いします。こんなに多くの方に背中を押してもらえるなんて私は幸せものです。AKB48は私の青春でした 。最後にこの曲を歌わしてください 。"

When I was little, I was very shy. I would be like a child hiding behind my mother if anyone talks to me. So, I feel really blessed to be standing in front of 48,000 people. Honestly, it's a lonely feeling, but it is what I have decided for myself. From here on, I want to take my step forward. To everyone who supported me as a member of AKB48, Thank you so much. Please continue to support AKB48. I am fortunate to have been pushed on by many. AKB48 was the whole of my youth. Please listen to this final song.

(Rough translation)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2012, 04:46:12 PM »
Per http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/08/28-members-to-perform-at-maeda-atsukos-graduation-concert/

The members who will be performing at Maeda Atsuko’s graduation concert on August 27th have been announced.

All members of Team A will be joining Maeda on stage, including Iwasa Misaki, Ota Aika, Oya Shizuka, Katayama Haruka, Kuramochi Asuka, Kojima Haruna, Shinoda Mariko, Takajo Aki, Takahashi Minami, Nakagawa Haruka, Nakata Chisato, Nakaya Sayaka, Maeda Ami, and Matsubara Natsumi, along with research student Muto Tomu, who was recently promoted to Team K.

They will be joined by first generation members Itano Tomomi and Minegishi Minami, as well as the rest of the senbatsu members for “Gingham Check“, Oshima Yuko, Matsui Jurina, Miyazawa Sae, Yokoyama Yui, Kasai Tomomi, Kashiwagi Yuki, Kitahara Rie, Watanabe Mayu, Matsui Rena, and HKT48’s Sashihara Rino.

As mentioned, Maeda Atsuko’s graduation concert will be held on August 27th at AKB48 Theater in Akihabara. It will also be broadcast live via Google+, YouTube, and Fuji TV’s ‘Hey! Hey! Hey!‘.

Join us on IRC or G+ per Amp's post on August 20, 2012.  Link to the vid to watch whilst on IRC or G+.
  :jphip:

Maeda Atsuko Graduation Stage
  • Monday, August 27th
  • 18:00 JST / 5:00 EDT
  • Streaming through Google+/YouTube

Be in IRC and on Google+ for all the Watch Parties. We do Hangouts on G+ for the parties, and have good discussions during.

How to get on IRC: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=27005.0
Find JPHiP/HiPsters on Google+: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=7964.0

Link up and counting down to Maeda Atsuko Graduation Stage

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2012, 06:41:20 AM »
Per http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/08/maeda-atsukos-speech-at-the-final-day-of-tokyo-dome-concert/

On August 26th, Maeda Atsuko gave a speech to her fans during the encore of AKB48’s final day at their Tokyo Dome concert, ‘AKB48 in TOKYO DOME ~1830m no Yume~‘.

Maeda tried to hold back tears while receiving an “Acchan” and “Atsuko” call from the crowd of 48,000 people. She raised and lowered her microphone a number of times before slowly beginning her speech.

Below is a translated speech from Maeda:

-

“I was shy ever since I was small. Whenever someone talked to me, I would immediately hide behind my mom. It’s a mystery that a person like me can stand in front of 48,000 people right now. I’m full of happiness.

Honestly, I’m very sad. However, it’s the path I’ve decided for myself. I would like to take a step forward from here.

To everyone who has supported someone like me as a member of AKB48 until now, thank you very very much.

(Maeda keeps her head lowered during a minute of Acchan call.)

Please continue to support AKB48 in the future. I’m really a fortunate person to be able to start my journey with so much people supproting me from behind. AKB48 was my entire youth.“

-

Maeda Atsuko’s graduation concert will be held on August 27th at AKB48 Theater in Akihabara. The concert will also broadcast live via YouTube and Google+ so don’t miss out!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame