JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - You Said You Did (feat.HI-D)

Author Topic: Videogames 50 Post Challenge *Postwhoring Olympics Special*  (Read 16673 times)

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
Re: Videogames 50 Post Challenge *Postwhoring Olympics Special*
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 04:00:59 AM »
C2. Favourite current gaming platform (PS3, PC, Wii, 360) and why.

360 because I've used it the most. Although most of my friends moved from the 360 to the PC. But I've put so much money into that thing that I could't pick something else over it.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 04:21:00 AM »
C8. A videogame song that makes you want to dance.

Super Mario World Overview theme song. It's so cheerful that you can't help but to dance.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 04:31:45 AM »
C3. Favourite "dead" console (NES, Genesis) and why.

N64 for me. Little to no load times, last time Nintendo had a cartridge, and it has Star Fox 64.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 04:36:32 AM »
C9. Favorite screencap from any game.

Damn, I must've punched that inmate HARD. :rock:

Sorry, I find this hillarious.  :lol:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 04:45:42 AM »
C4. You may take 3 videogame characters to Tokyo Disneyland to frolic around. Whom do you take and why?

Goofy because he can give me the insider tips on Disneyland and would hustle me into fronts of lines.
Mordin from Mass Effect because I want to have knowledge dropped on me. Plus, he's a magnificent vocalist.
Chie from Persona 4. Because girl kicks tanks and loves Bruce Lee.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 04:52:41 AM »
C1. Favourite videogame and why.

Super Mario World

It's a tough battle between Mario games for me. I love Galaxy as well but SMW was the first game for my first system I played it for hundreds of hours and to this day I can play SMW and it is just as fun as it was when I popped it into my SNES for the first time.

I like them pretty equally. I always have all the consoles since they all have some great exclusives. I guess you can't beat PC if that counts. xD

I would say Dreamcast but DREAMCAST WILL NEVER DIE! Seeing Dreamcast games was like the biggest a Holy Shit moment coming off of PSX and N64. The graphics were just unreal, or should I say real because when I saw a demo for NFL2k at the store I thought it was a real football game for a few seconds. Sooo many awesome games in just a couple years of life.

Surfing the internet and playing games online with a console was mind blowing, I'll never forget me and my cousin playing Daytona USA and NFL2K1 online for the first time. Crazy, even if it didn't work great. And I've still never been addicted to leader boards like I was on Shenmue. Damn I was so stoked when I made the global top 100 in darts. :lol:

C4. You may take 3 videogame characters to Tokyo Disneyland to frolic around. Whom do you take and why?

o_O uhh Mickey (so he can get me to the front of the lines and free stuff) and two of the carts from mario cart to ride around in.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 04:56:09 AM »
C10. Your favorite videogame character.

Samus Aran.

Badass bounty hunter.

Smoking body underneath all that armor.  :drool:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 06:07:52 AM »
C5. The best song from any videogame.

Saria's song. It's all happy and you play it to talk to her.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 06:39:46 AM »
C16. Game that most needs a sequel.

Halo 3: ODST. I really loved it so another Halo side story would be cool

C17. Your favourite videogame moment.

The credits for Super Mario World come to mind. I dunno why. :lol:

C18. Favorite videogame related movie.

Super Mario Bros. live action movie. So hilariously funny-bad. Dennis Hopper as Koopa, oh my God. :lol:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 06:41:32 AM »
C6. Favorite control method (360 pad, mouse + keyboard, Wiimote, etc)

The Sony Dualshocks are probably the standard in which most controllers follow in the last few generations.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 06:50:36 AM »
C19. A music-related game (Guitar Hero, DDR, etc).

I was on a MAJOR DDR kick for a while back in the day. I was never that good at it, but it was fun. My favorite is 3rd Mix because it was what I played first. Boom Boom Dollar for life! :rockon:

C20. Favorite Zelda game.

A Link to the Past. I never finished it, though.

C21. Your favourite Final Fantasy game.

Never played one. Don't hurt me. :nervous

C22. Favorite car combat game.

Burnout 3.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »

Morning Fog's Wave from Shenmue 2. If there was ever a more beautiful song I would love to hear it.  :bow:

Honorable mention to the Metal Gear theme and Medal of Honor theme.

C6. Favorite control method (360 pad, mouse + keyboard, Wiimote, etc).

I'm not picky. I actually really like the wiimote + nunchuck for a lot of games. Very comfortable.

C7. A game console that didn't last long enough.

Dreamcast obviously. Original xbox had a lot of potential and pretty short life too.

Recently this one~

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 07:57:31 AM »

I'll say Dreamcast as well. While it was more like a half-step in technology, there were great games for it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »
Awesome topic. I'm gonna have fun with this.

Liberi Fatali from FFVIII. That quiet opening that builds and builds to things grander and more epic, and tied with that FMV opening, makes me love it just as much as I did all those years ago when I saw it for the first time on a demo disc that came with a Playstaton mag

Shenmue II. Don't even care if they don't make a game and continue the story in a crappy flash video, I need to know where that story goes. Failing that, I'd like to see the what a sequel to Mirrors Edge would look like. It was a bit of a flawed gem for me with some sections in that game, but then so did most people, so it would be cool to see if the developer learned anything from that and made a game that didn't have the annoying combat sections or tight indoor corridors.

C29. Your favourite developer (Valve, Bioware, Blizzard) and why.

I've never really stood up and taken notice of any one developer until now, but the first thought that comes to mind is Platinum Games. They just can't make a bad game at the moment. Some of the creative genius behind games like RE4, Okami & Viewtiful Joe that have gone on to make some of the best playing games this generation and are in my favourite games of all time (Bayonetta, Vanquish). And as for the future, Anarchy Reigns has got some great reviews (with some horribly shitty publishing by Sega. WTF Sega.) and both P-100 & Metal Gear Rising looks fantastic. Can't seem to do wrong.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2012, 12:04:24 PM »
Omg this is so geeky!!! I love it!!! :lol:

I know I'm going to lose all my gaming rep for this, whatever. :lol:

THE SIMS 2.

Because The Sims 2 is what you make of it. You want to build an entire town from scratch? You can, and it can be any kind of town you like with any kind of houses. You want your Sims to be miserable and suffer horrible deaths? It's up to you. Or you just want to watch a giant family grow, generation by generation? Absolutely possible. In The Sims 2, YOU ARE GOD.

My Sims are my babies. When I play, I come up with storylines for them. It's just a lot of fun, and I've spend more hours on Sims 2 than any other game in the world. :D

PC... It's the most convenient one for me, I don't even own any other current platforms (except NintendoDS for handhelds). Especially thanks to services like Steam, it's just so easy to game on a PC, with buddies as well.

I have most fond childhood memories from playing NES, so probably that one. :P Mario Bros, Ninja Turtles, World Cup, Track & Field lol, Kirby's Adventures :3

Kirby because if I got tired of walking, he(?) could swallow me and fly me somewhere.
Vivi from FF9 because it would be adorable as hell and he wouldn't actually look out of place in his costume.
And what the hell, Pikachu to round up the cuteness. Actually, these 3 could distract all the other Disneyland visitors so I could get ahead in line. :lol:

YEAH it's basically a collection of all the themes in FFVI since it's the ending theme, I don't feel bad because FFVI is one of my favourite games :D
Listening to all this makes me emotional because it reminds me of the journey and the music is really beautiful kaykay 8)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:04:23 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »

Morte from Planescape:Torment - coz everyone loves floating skulls, Ellis from L4D2 - coz everyone loves listening to his stories, and GLaDOS from Portal to keep everyone in a positive mindset through the horrors of Disneyland.

One of the best, at least. :P

Mouse + Keyboard. I do almost all of my gaming on the PC anyway. Of course gamepads have their virtues too, but I rarely ever use them.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »
The Legend of Zelda, for NES. It's been my favorite game since I was a kid, it was pretty much the first game I really remember playing and loving. It's just classic, the gameplay, the music, and it set the stage for arguably the best franchise in gaming.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »
And I've still never been addicted to leader boards like I was on Shenmue. Damn I was so stoked when I made the global top 100 in darts. :lol:

ohh my GOD another Shenmue fanatic?? Whats your darts high score? I wanna load my game up just to see what mine is :lol:

did you see my review on the "review the last game you played" thread? I think you'd appreciate it.

always loved the accuracy of the mouse for shooting games and, being a PC gamer for the most part, I'm going to have to rep the w,a,s,d + mouse for this one :P

I feel like the Dreamcast is the only console that really falls into the category. Though, I would've said Dreamcast anyhow because so many of my favorite games came through it. All of a sudden ps2 and xbox we're coming out (or maybe they we're out midway through DC's career?? I can't remember) and I felt forced to move on because developers we're jumping on the new console bandwagon and then Dreamcast faded away :cry:

C9. Favorite screencap from any game.

my man Tom. He's so gangster. He also sells hotdogs.

C10. Your favorite videogame character.
Link. Me and that son of a bitch spent a LOT of time together...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:21:46 AM by Forthisgift »

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
My favourite video game has to be bust a groove for the ps1, hehe, loved that game, wish the 2nd game came out over here.

PC, at the moment, all the games I am currently playing are on the PC, which includes Final fantasy 11, which I have 584 days play time on, lol
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:04:22 PM by orac »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 01:08:15 AM »

Shenmue II. Don't even care if they don't make a game and continue the story in a crappy flash video, I need to know where that story goes. Failing that, I'd like to see the what a sequel to Mirrors Edge would look like. It was a bit of a flawed gem for me with some sections in that game, but then so did most people, so it would be cool to see if the developer learned anything from that and made a game that didn't have the annoying combat sections or tight indoor corridors.

Also on that note, a sequel to The World Ends With You plzkthks.

This is a hard one to think of. FFVII, FFVIII, Persona 3 & 4, Bayonetta, Morrowind, Deus Ex, Ocarina of Time all spring to mind. To me though, there are two that are equally tied for different reasons.

The first is Shenmue. Replaying it now, it's kind of difficult to go back to, but I've nothing but fond memories of playing that game. It was just so unique, so unlike anything else I had played that I just fell in love with it. Wandering around Yokosuka, chatting with Nozomi, playing at the arcade, hell I even loved the warehouse job. It was so intensely atmospheric that it actually got me interested in Japanese culture and without it I might not even be here. And at the time the graphics where incredible and the soundtrack still affects me after all these years.

So as a game experience, and something which I can say profoundly affected my own life for the better, I would say it's probably my favourite game of all time.

But I feel that I have to give a mention to Metroid Prime. Probably the best game I've ever played. Period. Nobody though a first person Metroid game would work, but we were all proved wrong. The environments are just so interesting to explore with that abili-tease of showing you areas that are just out of reach for the moment that you just feel like you have to keep playing. It's another incredibly atmospheric game from start to finish too, and you rarely ever feel as isolated and alone playing it, and that's all down to the fact of some really smart design choices that were made. Still gorgeous to look at even now and it has one of the best soundtracks ever. The music for Phendranna Drifts just hits me every single time I hear it. The memory of reaching that area, this song starts to kick in, you look up at the cloudy sky and watch as snowflakes slowly descend and land on Samus' visor. I feel like I could easily go back and play it right now.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - You Said You Did (feat.HI-D)