JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hito - GReeeeN

Author Topic: MGS movie confirmed  (Read 9602 times)

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« on: May 02, 2006, 06:33:13 PM »
just found out about this in another forum. quoted from there

Speculation has been flying about a silver screen Metal Gear Solid adaptation, but series creator Hideo Kojima has been tightlipped. In a recent broadcast of Hide-chan Radio, Kojima announced that MGS was indeed getting made into a feature film. “We’re going to do it as a movie,” he confirmed. “A Hollywood movie.” When? The director was reluctant to give specifics, saying “I can’t say when yet.” He added that the film was going to be in English.

live broadcast
here

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline psymon

• ~裕ちゃんが好きです~
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 08:06:32 PM »
i have the strange feeling that when its going to be a "hollywood" movie, that its going to suck :(

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 08:24:29 PM »
I've never played any MGS games, but I wanna be optimistic. It'll sure be a great movie!
coot is ctz

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 08:40:09 PM »
I don't think we have anything to fear. Just think about all the great game-based movies that have come out so far: . . .

Man.

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 10:52:15 PM »
hope they don't make it into a james bond type movie. although right now i can't think of anyone who could pull of being snake.

if it were japanese.. maybe.. just maybe..

yutaka takenouchi?

or odagiri joe from shinobi?

nah..

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 12:14:15 AM »
Oh crap. I prayed this wasn't going to happen. I really did. It shouldn't be done, end of story. If people want to experience MGS, then it should be done through the game, not via the silver screen. Say if the first MGS was to be remade, how do you explain the references to past characters (Gray Fox, Master, Big Boss) and events that won't alienate an otherwise clueless audience that haven't played the game before? How do you make gameplay sequences translate well? Take for example, the Codec conversations. How is that going to work?

IMO, MGS is perfect as a game, where it can be played for any length of time at any point, and is practically an interactive movie in it's own right. But to condense the story, characters and back history into a 2hr movie, for the general public is going to be confusing.

Offline inksquid

• I Make Stuff Up
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 10:18:42 AM »
It's gotta be better news than the new DMC movie.
The rumour is that Dante should look like this :D

Though honestly, MGS has its potential. Could totally rock.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 04:52:50 PM »
Tom Cruise would be great as Snake :)
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 05:50:36 PM »
There's another problem, casting. I hope the characters at least look like their virtual counterparts. But really, who could play as Snake? (And Liquid, and Solidus?) Hugh Jackman's been thrown around, and I can see why, but...meh. Then there's the idea of David Hayter (the voice of Snake) playing as him, but he's not even an actor!

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »
Quote from: Tuffty
There's another problem, casting. I hope the characters at least look like their virtual counterparts. But really, who could play as Snake? (And Liquid, and Solidus?) Hugh Jackman's been thrown around, and I can see why, but...meh. Then there's the idea of David Hayter (the voice of Snake) playing as him, but he's not even an actor!

ahh right. hugh jackman! that's a good choice. he's okay but my image of him has fallen greatly after seeing van helsing..

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 09:35:25 PM »
hmmm, can't think of anyone who would make a good Snake.  But whats more interesting to me is, who would play role of Revolver Ocelot
:shakeit:

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 09:53:20 PM »
I guess Kurt Russel would be a little too obvious for the role of Solid Snake.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 10:20:27 PM »
^ True, but also the most appropriate :p I heard from a random forum member that Vin Diesel should be Vulcan Raven....God help us.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 11:07:37 PM »
It would be a great idea to have Psycho Mantis playing tricks on the audience in some way. Speaking of Psycho Mantis, does anyone know if the Sorrow from MGS3 is related or the same person?

Offline Popcorn Joe

• Fap Master Flex
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 12:19:20 AM »
im skeptical, i was hoping it would be cgi like advent children.... oh an amplifier, i  have that pic you have as your avatar *thumbs up*

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 12:22:48 AM »
Quote from: zoolander
It would be a great idea to have Psycho Mantis playing tricks on the audience in some way. Speaking of Psycho Mantis, does anyone know if the Sorrow from MGS3 is related or the same person?

Not to Mantis, but he is related to somebody *wink wink*

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 05:35:07 AM »
MGS itself is a pretty much an interactive movie so there's no doubt that it could be turned into a movie. But yeah it's sorta like downgrading. But since there's going to be a movie, (though I generally hate most Hollywood movies) I'm glad that it is going to be a hollywood movie. It's really the only way that the production crew could get a hold of enough resources to pull this off.

Offline Smegzilla

• Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 05:46:36 PM »
I'm not seeing this as being a good thing, to be honest. I mean sure, when I was younger, when I first played MGS, I thought for sure it'd make a helluva great movie.
But now, older and wiser, I think it has some potential, but it also has the HUGE potential to go completely belly-up and be an absolutely terrible waste of 2h. Also, as has already been mentioned...MGS works because it's already an interactive movie. There are hours and hours of cutscenes in an MGS game. It would be ridiculous to try to get the same quality of writing into a movie which would have to be so much shorter.
You labeled me
I'll label you
So I dub thee unforgiven

Offline Kei

• It's legal in MY country!
  • Member+
MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 08:32:53 AM »
Quote from: ctz
Tom Cruise would be great as Snake :)

Only if Snake suddenly turned into a blubbering ball of gay.

Not the cool gay like Tsunku or Liberace, but the bad gay like Heath Ledger or the price of the PS3.
赤い瞳は ソドムの街で
美しい女を 採集する
針で止めた 蝶や蛾の様に
動けないおまえは 俺の物

Offline m4121c

MGS movie confirmed
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 07:00:05 PM »
man, it's quite a dilemma to either anticipate this thing or not
because most of the movie based on game usually end up sucks either it's hollywood or not
maybe it's gonna be good if the japanese make the movies with hollywood budget but who know :P
"you say my name, and I was no more"
-silencio-

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hito - GReeeeN