JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Unrivalled Lee Hyori

Author Topic: [CHI] Anita Mui 梅艷芳  (Read 18048 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Anita Mui 梅艷芳
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »
Anita Mui Yim-Fong 梅艷芳

The ORIGINAL Asian Madonna deserves props!!  :bow: :bow:

Anita Mui Yim-fong (Chinese: 梅艷芳; Thai: เหมยเยี่ยนฟาง) (10 October 1963 - 30 December 2003) was a popular Hong Kong singer, actress, and sex symbol. During her prime years she made major contributions to the cantopop music scene, while receiving numerous awards and honours. She remained an idol throughout most of her career, and was generally regarded as a cantopop diva. Once she held a sell-out concert at Hammersmith, London, England, where she was dubbed the title "Madonna of Asia". That title has stayed with her throughout her career, and has been used as a comparison for both Eastern and Western media.

As she starred in more than 40 movies over a 20 year period. Her films were mainly of the action-thriller and kung fu variety, but she had also taken comedic and dramatic roles. Her first acting award as a supporting actress was won at the Hong Kong Film Awards for the movie Fate in 1984. Three years later in 1987, the film Rouge won her Best Actress at Golden Horse Award. She won the award again in 1989 at the Hong Kong Film Awards.

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia
TIME tribute

Her singing career was once compared to that of Diana Ross by CNN!!
Check out this song, banned by China! "Bad Girl" cuz it was too racy ..yes that's Jackie Chan

LIVE!

cuz Western fans may remember her as Jackie Chan's wife in "Rumble in the Bronx" lol

winning big in China!

Check her greatest hits:
Tribute to Anita Mui (2004-01-20)

Disc 1 - 情歸何處
01. 珍惜再會時
02. 我們都哭了
03. 孤身走我路
04. 蔓珠莎華
05. 不如不見
06. 心仍是冷
07. 一舞傾情
08. 夢幻的擁抱
09. 裝飾的眼淚
10. 不信愛有罪
11. 情歸何處
12. 親密愛人
13. 痴痴愛一次
14. 回頭已是百年身
15. 鏡花水月

Disc 2 - 歌衫淚影
01. 心債
02. 赤的疑惑
03. 緣份
04. 歌衫淚影
05. 似水流年
06. 女人心
07. 笑看風雲變
08. 何日
09. 胭脂扣
10. 似是故人來
11. 夕陽之歌
12. 抱緊眼前人
13. 心肝寶貝
14. 赤的衝擊
15. 是這樣的
16. 交出我的心
17. 邁向新一天
18. 夢裡共醉
19. 歌之女

Disc 3 - 飛躍舞台
01. 飛躍舞台
02. Stand By Me
03. 將冰山劈開
04. 慾望野獸街
05. 淑女
06. 夢伴
07. 壞女孩
08. 黑夜的豹
09. 冰山大火
10. 妖女
11. 烈燄紅唇
12. 似火探戈
13. 封面女郎
14. 愛將
15. 夏日戀人
16. 緋聞中的女人

DOWnLOAD
http://www.twitter.com/?d=X0KXNQRH
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:50:33 PM by daigong »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI] Anita Mui 梅艷芳
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 09:58:51 AM »
Shame on me for not replying to this thread :doh:

梅艷芳 Anita Mui - Song of Sunset 夕陽之歌
Anita was a true legend! R.I.P. :bow:

Ling
One of my favorite performances by any actress ever :thumbup

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »
And underrated actress too!!!

Remember her with Stephen Chow XD

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:53:08 PM by daigong »

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 03:36:29 PM »
FANS GATHER TO REMEMBER ANITA MUI

Anita Mui Yim Fong fan club president Ms. So

Today would have been Anita Mui Yim Fong's 47th birthday. Her fan club last night held a memorial event and attracted 200 fans from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan. The event was held in a buffet style format and displayed Ah Mui's likeness and various photos of her in hats. At the same time Ah Mui's news articles and cover magazines were sold for charity. Fan club president Ms. So revealed that the target of the fund raiser was HK$200,000, all of which will be donated to the Mainland for the construction of the first school in honor of Mui Yim Fong. She said that this year due to location issues the memorial event was held one day earlier. However a group of fans will visit Po Lin Monastry on Lautau Island to pay their respect. In the evening they will meet at a karaoke box and reminisce with their idol's performance videos.

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2010/10/20101010-fans-gather-to-remember-anita.html

Mhmm I've heard this song very often before and love it  :thumbup

RIP
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:46:09 PM by nimrod »
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline Trickfew

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 08:54:21 PM »
FANS GATHER TO REMEMBER ANITA MUI

Anita Mui Yim Fong fan club president Ms. So

Today would have been Anita Mui Yim Fong's 47th birthday. Her fan club last night held a memorial event and attracted 200 fans from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan. The event was held in a buffet style format and displayed Ah Mui's likeness and various photos of her in hats. At the same time Ah Mui's news articles and cover magazines were sold for charity. Fan club president Ms. So revealed that the target of the fund raiser was HK$200,000, all of which will be donated to the Mainland for the construction of the first school in honor of Mui Yim Fong. She said that this year due to location issues the memorial event was held one day earlier. However a group of fans will visit Po Lin Monastry on Lautau Island to pay their respect. In the evening they will meet at a karaoke box and reminisce with their idol's performance videos.

http://hktopten.blogspot.com/2010/10/20101010-fans-gather-to-remember-anita.html

Mhmm I've heard this song very often before and love it  :thumbup

RIP
Wow, "Careless Whispers" in Chinese, i think George Michael would like listen to this

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 09:24:25 PM »
DATS MA JAM! Anita Mui 梅艷芳 - 夢伴 (Dream Partner) SO BAD ASS!! 個MV一開始有MJ既BEAT IT MV既 FEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course she's linked with Leslie. THEY ARE. Hand in Hand. THE Ultimate Pairing in Hong Kong history:

collabo in music! THIS theme from their movie "Behind The Yellow Line 緣份" MASSIVE CLASSIC

if they married:

later fast euro beat MV

the movie collabos among a few:

acting like a spoiled brat while Leslie tries to chase "Monica" played by MAggie Cheung in "Behind The Yellow Line 緣份" from 1984

Who's the Woman, Who's the Man? in 1996 reversing the gender roles :lol: STEALING my woman!

AND ROUGE. man I missed copping dis. one of their finest roles ever I heard. love story <3

she at his concerts

and he returns the favour with THE LEGENDARY PERFORMANCE at her Anita Mui Fantasy Gig 2002

...shortly before she passed, she sang tribute to Leslie

FORVER BFFs IN HEAVEN!! :bow:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 11:17:31 PM »

Anita Dream Partner SEX!

Kelly doing it

Aaron

who dis? Shirley Kwan? very upbeat light pop ver 關淑怡

of course hocc

with her mentor

Offline furrydoo_cher

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 03:19:21 PM »
Thank you for sharing

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Unrivalled Lee Hyori