JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - I`ll Be There

Author Topic: [CHI] Denise Ho Wincy (aka hocc) 何韻詩  (Read 26505 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Denise Ho Wincy (aka hocc) 何韻詩
« on: October 01, 2009, 07:36:51 AM »
Denise Ho Wincy (aka hocc) 何韻詩

Easily THE most talented artist in Hong Kong. One of my faves, she's cute and charitable. Rebel with a cause. If you knock Canto Pop, you knock her. And daigong got something to say about it. Tutored by the great, late Legenday Anita Mui. She also acts

Her music career was launched in 1996, after she won the 15th New Talent Singing Awards. Her victory not only earned her a recording contract with Capital Artists Limited (華星唱片) but also a chance to become the only female apprentice of her childhood idol, Anita Mui. Her debut EP, first., came 5 years after her victory. During her 5 year wait, she went on tour with Anita Mui as a background singer and hosted various TV shows produced by TVB.

Born May 10, 1977 (1977-05-10) in Hong Kong

Links
Official Blog
Official Site
Twitter
IMDB
Wikipedia
Youtube Channel

Love this song. Debut single 光榮之家 - I remember her watching that late nite music video show on TVB and she was all "Hey! It's me!"
Hocc- 光榮之家 mv

From her starring musical turn in 2005's "Butterfly Lovers" (梁祝下世傳奇) and 2008's "Ten Days in the Madhouse" addressing mental illness, taking on the POV of different patients - she launches in 2009 "The Old Testament" (舊約) and she readies a new concert in October with "SUPERGOO" theme
HOCC x MAKYANYAN 舊約MV (HD full version)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI] Denise Ho Wincy (aka hocc) 何韻詩
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 09:24:10 AM »
Anita Mui's apprentice, eh? I better check her out then :yep:

[MV] 何韻詩 - 韻律泳
何韻詩 - 勞斯萊斯
何韻詩 - 光明會 MV

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »
Anita Mui's apprentice, eh? I better check her out then :yep:

WERD UP. she's mad eccentric in this HK "Sell Out/Kopy Kat" Pop it's criticized for. Very refreshing. she's gonna do a tribute to Anita in her upcoming concert:

peep the new album! Yesasia describes it as a TOUR DE FORCE!! :shakeit:

It's almost a year after her critically acclaimed album Ten Days in the Madhouse, and Hong Kong pop diva Denise Ho is raring to go with her upcoming solo concerts at the Hong Kong Coliseum and her 2009 new album titled Heroes. Backed by her songwriting partners Wyman Wong, Hanjin Tan, and Harris Ho, Denise offers 10 new songs intended to empower listeners to find the superheroes within themselves. Main cuts on the album include the chart-topping first plug "The Old Testament", and the concert theme song "The Diamond Sutra". The Bonus DVD contains the music videos for this couple of songs.

Denise Ho - Heroes (2009.10.08)

01. *
02. 舊約
03. 飛簷
04. 惹火
05. 狂草
06. **
07. 冰心
08. 面書
09. 可可
10. 妮歌
11. ***
12. 金剛經
13. 舊約 (青山變奏)

DOWNLOAD
http://www.twitter.com/?d=PWB9LERX

censored track titles?!?  XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 07:07:07 AM »
Awesome, this news from earlier this week....giving it up to THE LEGEND

Denise Ho holds meaningful concert on Anita Mui's 'afterlife birthday'

The night before yesterday it was Anita Mui's official afterlife birthday ("san gei"), Denise Ho especially made arrangements for a special tribute to her mentor Anita Mui during the Encore portion of her concert (SUPERHERO). Denise and her seniors Grasshopper were dressed in black performing several of Anita's famous songs.

After the fast songs, Denise said to the Fans with her left arm pointing up: "Yell louder for Anita to hear it okay?! Yell again!" The crowd roared for Anita Mui. Perhaps Denise recalled her mentor's past as she took a deep breath trying hard to hold in her tears: "This show is really meaningful to me, especially tonight. People experiences things while growing up that influenced them, I really am Thankful to Anita for shaping the person I am today. I thank her for helping me find my inner ability and power. I hope I can make use of this power and strength, bringing it all out! Afterwards, when she was performing her new song (妮歌) for her mentor, Denise could not hold in her tears any longer as she let them out. At the end, she blew a kiss.

Joey Yung attended Denise's concert with good friend Gillian Chung. She appeared to be very high throughout the show dancing and shouting. As an audience member, Joey was very enthusiastic, would often give warm applause, and also wore a red outfit at the concert to accompany the concert theme, looks like Joey is putting in a lot of effort for this "good friend". Gillian Chung was besides Joey like a "little fan" constantly snapping photos and videos with her camera phone. Eason Chan's family of three, Shawn Yue and Charmaine Sheh also attended the concert to show their support.

During the concert, Denise intentionally went near where Joey was seated to perform a love song. When she started singing the brokeback song "Lewis & Lawrence" (勞斯萊斯), Joey was in the audience singing along with her with part of the lyrics mentioning "close friend". With the exception of one quick journey to the restroom, Joey stayed at the concert until the very last moment before leaving Hong Kong Coliseum.

Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

I love the HK Tabloids with the lesbian rumor angle :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »
Keep on Fighting!!!!!!!!!!

Denise Ho may quit the music industry

Denise Ho accepted at interview by the commercial radio yesterday, she was also promoting her latest album. After her concert, Denise expressed that she needed time to recoup, and also needs to think about which future direction she should be heading. Denise said "In fact, my character is not suitable for this industry. I have been in the entertainment world for 13 years. I haven't changed and this industry is still the same. I have tried to resist all sort, and I'am quite tired. Therefore it's time I think about what I should do for my future?" Denise stressed that she wasn't going to resign from singing, and asked her friends and fans not to worry. She just wanted to leave this environment for a while, and to reposition herself.

Talking about her decision, Denise said she had discussed that with her good friend Joey Yung. Denise said "Joey and all my friends support my decision and they have given me a lot of encouragement too. If I decide to stay on, it would be because of my friends and fans." Denise doesn't mind Joey always gets all the attention when she appears in any activity. She feels quite depressed when media writes inaccurate report to make it look bad for some artists.

Source: MingPao
Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

The world does not need alt-HK music in the form of at17 :puke:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 10:41:53 AM »
Denise Ho followed Anita Mui to support Beckham

Denise Ho and former professional footballer Lee Kin Wo attended "adidas" activity yesterday. Since the world cup football is starting in South Africa soon, Denise was asked if she is s football fan as she was wearing a football T-shirt? Denise replied "I seldom watch football, but sifu (master) Anita Mui supported Beckham, therefore, we used to watch football together. We both supported the England team too. She was very excited each time when we watched a match. She would scream and shouted "goal, goal!"

Talking about recent rumor that Alex To is writing a book. In his book, he has disclosed that Anita and Jordan Chan were kissing after they both got drunk. Denise said she didn't see the report. She said "This isn't nice and there is no proof of that too. I feel uncomfortable about it." On the other hand, TVB series "OL Supreme" has been showing since last week, Denise revealed that she has watched each episode at least 10 times. She went on to say " I feel embarrassed watching it. I feel very weird. Ah Jeh (Liza Wang) said I was good, but I am not sure if she meant or just being sarcastic."

Source: On.cc
Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

Now starring in OL Supreme, a sitcom on Hong Kong TV!!!

lol the theme song, which she sings a part of:

DISCUSS TVB HERE!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
Denise Ho was emotionally unstable and discouraged, wanted to give up singing

Denise Ho's concert last year was a great success. Unfortunately after her concert ended, she suddenly felt discouraged and thought of saying goodbye to the music scene in tears. She got the people around her really worried about her, fortunately good friend Joey Yung and Wyman Wong was there to comfort and support her, giving her more confidence to continue singing.

Have been in the industry for over 10 years, Denise recently released her first Mandarin album. To reach for the best, she was willing to be in Taiwan for 2 months to promote. The day before, she accepted an interview from (Oriental Daily) and talked about her feelings towards the music scene. She frankly said that she once thought of giving up her singing career, she said: "Last year after my concert ended, I was thinking I'm not going to go on with singing. There was a period of time I was very discouraged, whatever I said, people didn't seem to accept it." Denise expressed that she was like this for 3 months, she said: "I felt really discouraged, constantly asking myself why I became like this."

Does not regret the unnecessary paths taken

Denise admits that she caused the people around her to worry, she said: "My company knew and recommended me a psychiatrist friend to me. Asked me if I had emotional problems." Fortuantely she took a month off to really think about it, she said: "Luckily I went somewhere else, encountering many different things and everything came back." Denise exposed that she once cried at a friend's house, she said: "There was one or two nights that I was at a friend from the industry house talking and started crying. (Wyman Wong and Joey Yung didn't know?) They knew, many friends knew. They used many different ways to make me happy."

Thinking back, Denise has not regretted the unnecessary paths taken for her own beliefs. She said: "Life is not about fame or fortune, there are a lot of things that can be done. I have never regretted what I did. I am a person who has high standards and knows that I may not achieve the expected results, but it is lessons learned from experience."

Will sing homosexual themes

As Anita Mui's apprentice, Denice has always regarded her late mentor as a role model. Although Anita has already passed away, she will never forget her. Asked if she felt pity that she wasn't able to release her first Mandarin album when her mentor was alive? Denise said: "There are many things that I cannot do while she's living, but it's okay. I will work hard to continue on." As for her Mandarin album, does it have homosexual themes? Denise said: "Not this time, but there is a possibility in the future that I will have those themes." She greatly praises that the Taiwanese are open-minded, she said: "they are simple, open and are accepting. They will look at things with an admiration attitude, not the negative view." Denise insisted on dressing neutrally, she said: "let nature take its course."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translator: aZnangel@http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 07:54:03 AM »
SO UNDERRATED!!! Here she is live

her voice oh baby, soulful. rare in Canto scene! LOVE IT!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »
Denise Ho - Awakening (2011-10-10)

Interesting!! according to the Yesasia description: To commemorate the 10th anniversary of her pop debut, Denise Ho stars as Jia Baoyu in her new stage musical Awakening, which owes its inspiration to the classic Chinese novel Dream of the Red Chamber. The Canto-pop diva releases her latest album (essentially the Awakening soundtrack album), which features the theme song Chi Qing Si and airplay hit Pao Zhuan Yin Yu, the latter composed by HOCC herself and has its music video making-of included in the accompanying DVD.

The Limited Edition comes with a foldout photo pamphlet, a mini-poster, and sticker.

01. (overture:預演)
02. 茫茫
03.(木石前盟)
04. 花花
05. (葬)
06. 花辭
07. 內外
08. (海棠花開)
09. 青春祭
10. (大婚)
11. 癡情司
12. (reprise:回歸)
13. 拋磚引玉

DOWNLOAD

the hot new MV

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Denise Ho, Shu Qi Play Lovers in MV
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »
HOT!! :fap

Denise Ho, Shu Qi Play Lovers in MV     

2011-11-09 10:02:40     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Cantopop singer Denise Ho has released the music video of her new song "Chi Qing Si".

The song was originally made for the stage play "Jia Baoyu" which stars Ho as the lead actor.

In the music video, Ho plays Jia Baoyu and famous actress Shu Qi plays Jia Baoyu's lover, Lin Daiyu. However, the music video is not traditional at all as both of them have modern hairstyles and the camera remains focused above their naked shoulders.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 12:13:01 PM »
SHOCKER!!!! people making out on stage?! in Hong Kong cover thy eyes kids!

Eason Chan and Denise Ho lock lips on stage
Both singers share a passionate kiss together on stage, surprising many in the audience

In 2002, late veteran singers Leslie Cheung and Anita Mui performed the perfect rendition of the song Fang Hua Jue Dai.

Yesterday, at renowned composer and songwriter Wyman Wong's concert, Hong Kong singers Eason Chan and Denise Ho made a breakthrough when they covered the same song.

The pair, who was decked in tuxedos, put up a bold performance that saw them caressing each other.

At one point, Eason was seen brushing his hand across Denise's butt cheeks and pinching her chest area.

When the song progressed to the part of the lyrics that meant "come and conquer me", Eason even pushed Denise's head towards his crotch.

The performance ended at a climax which saw Eason grabbing Denise suddenly and kissing her.

Denise appeared to be hesitant at first, but soon reciprocated the kiss, causing the audience to go wild.

via http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5891608

meanwhile CUTE AS FUCK in Johnnie To's Life without Principle. Check Asshole soon.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
DENISE HO 何韻詩 COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 09:37:02 AM »
I Always Love Denise :heart:  :deco: :hipheart: GOTCHA

[2012.11.11] DENISE HO COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET

Since the beginning of her career Denise Ho Wan Si has been rumored to be a homosexual numerous times. Yesterday she attended the "comrade" pride parade with her parents, Anthony Wong Yiu Ming, Wyman Wong Wai Man, Hilary Tsui Ho Ying and others. The parade started from Victoria Park to Chater Garden at Central. Ah Si and Brother Ming even performed. When she performed ROLLS ROYCE she got emotional, after which she even announced her "homosexual declaration". She felt that sexual orientation was only a some part of a person. Before deciding to like the same sex or the opposite sex someone could still be a good friend, employee, son or daughter.

The media has questioned her sexual orientation for years. Ah Si said that she always felt it was a personal matter and she did not need to wear a label or explain. In 2012 when she realized that the society still had discrimination, bias and slanted views, she felt that silence was no longer a choice. Ah Si who was very nervous up to this point took a deep breath and the audience waved the rainbow flag and chanted "we support you" to cheer her on. Then she said, everyone had many concerns and did not dare to speak up for themselves. They worried that after speaking up they would lose some opportunities or gain some trouble, and something unexpected would happen. Yet as a public figure, she felt in order to obtain equal rights she had the responsibility to speak up and other concerns were already minor. She admitted that over the years she never found a suitable opportunity to make the announcement, but yesterday in an environment of love, peace and tolerance, and with her family, friends and colleagues as witnesses, she had a duty to stand up and fight for love. Then she took another deep breath and screamed, "Here I am very produce to tell everyone, I am a 'comrade'." Ah Si's good friends immediately went on stage and embraced her and thunderous applause arose from the entire crowd. As if a heavy burden was lifted she sang and jumped with even more emotions.

Later Ah Si said that she considered the sexual orientation announcement for a few days and called her boss Peter Lam Kin Ngok and executives for suggestions. Her parents also supported her so she decided to make the announcement yesterday. Now she felt much more comfortable. She said, earlier she always felt that she did not need to explain so she never thought about making the announcement. Yet she felt that lately the society had too many unfair events and suddenly she wanted to do something. Her boss absolutely supported her decision and she also notified Joey Yung Cho Yi. Joe said that as long as she felt it was the right thing to do she should do it. Joey was rumored to be on holiday with boyfriend Wilfred Lau Ho Lung in Nepal. Ah Si said that she did not know and it had nothing to do with her. Joey yesterday was not on hand to support her, would that make it imperfect? Ah Si said no, yesterday was very perfect. It was smoother than she imagined. This time she came out of the closet due to Brother Ming's influence.

As for whether she would support other artists to come out of the closet, Ah Si said that it was a personal decision. If in the future she had another half, she would decide to make the announcement or not depending on the situation.
 via hktopten

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
unngh Denise AT gOlden Horse Awards 2012 WOW blond

ring ring!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »
WINCY in this magazine. lol I love the cover caption "soft firm but"  :shakeit:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 07:29:19 AM »
hey new Denise shit! check out her new flick "Becoming the SONG" https://www.kinolorber.com/film/denise-ho-becoming-the-song

with Q&A

Great podcast too at https://www.youtube.com/user/hoccgoomusic lotsa livestreams. FUNKY.

You know since coming out as a lesbian and just putting her hometown over her career, risking it all. DAMN!! The one celebrity with actual integrity not like HEY BUY MY FUCKIN COVID MASK ITS DONATED TO CHARITY BUT FIRST GOTTA PAY THE SWEATSHOP Anita would be so proud, I know I AM. HOCC SUPPORT WINCY!!!  :twothumbs

Offline msdmck

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2021, 08:26:33 AM »
Love her music :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - I`ll Be There