JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - So Real

Author Topic: [CHI] Jay Chou 周杰倫  (Read 25276 times)

Offline chaz9891

• ecchi
  • Member+
[CHI] Jay Chou 周杰倫
« on: April 25, 2010, 03:21:15 PM »
Jay Chou 周杰倫

Jay Chou is a Taiwanese musician, singer, producer, actor and director who has won the World Music Award four times. He is well-known for composing all his own songs and songs for other singers. In 1998 he was discovered in a talent contest where he displayed his piano  and song-writing skills. Over the next two years, he was hired to compose for popular Chinese singers. Although he was trained in classical music, Chou combines Chinese and Western music styles to produce songs that fuse R&B, rock and pop genres, covering issues such as domestic violence, war, and urbanization.

Date of Birth: 18/01/1979
Place of Birth: Taipei, Taiwan
Other Names: 周董(President Chou)
Occupation: Singer, musician, songwriter, composer, record producer, rapper, DJ, music video director, film director, music arranger, model, screenwriter and actor
Genre(s): R&B, C-hip hop, C-pop, C-rock
Instrument(s): Piano, violin, cello, guitar, drum, guzheng, bass guitar, keyboard, pipa, erhu, harmonica
Label(s):
Sony Music Taiwan (2008–present)
JVR Music (2007–present)
Alfa Music (1999–2007)
Years active: 2000–present

Links
Official Sites:
http://www.jay2u.com/
http://www.jvrmusic.com/
Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Chou

Discography

Studio albums
    * Jay 周杰倫同名專輯 (November 7, 2000)
    * Fantasy 范特西 (September 1, 2001)
    * The Eight Dimensions 八度空間 (July 19, 2002)
    * Ye Hui Mei 葉惠美 (July 31, 2003)
    * Common Jasmin Orange 七里香 (February 3, 2004)
    * November's Chopin 十一月的蕭邦 (November 1, 2005)
    * Still Fantasy 依然范特西 (September 5, 2006)
    * On the Run 我很忙 (November 2, 2007)
    * Capricorn 魔杰座 (October 14, 2008)
    * The Era 時代 (May 14, 2010)

Live albums
    * The One Concert Live (Includes Eight Dimensions MV VCD) (October 28, 2002)
    * 2004 Incomparable Jay Concert Live 無與倫比演唱會 2004' (January 21, 2005)
    * Jay 2007 The World Tours Concert Live CD+DVD (January 30, 2008)

Compilations
    * Partners—Music by Jay Chou and lyricist Vincent Fang (April 26, 2002)
    * Initial J: Jay Chou's Greatest Hits (August 31, 2005)
    * Secret 不能說的秘密(August 14, 2007)
    * Kung Fu Dunk (the theme song "Hero Chou 周大俠") (January 2008)

Extended plays
    * Fantasy 范特西 Plus EP (December 21, 2001)
    * Hidden Track 尋找周杰倫 EP (November 11, 2003)
    * Fearless 霍元甲 Huo Yuan Jia (January 27, 2006)
    * Curse of the Golden Flower 黃金甲 (December 11, 2006)

Other works
    * Nun-chuks 雙截棍 Shuang Jie Kun—Single (April 9, 2002)
    * Neoprint 大頭貼—Single, no official release
    * JIII MP3 Player—MP3 player endorsed by Jay Chou featuring songs from Initial D movie, three old demos and a personal message from Jay (June 26, 2005)
    * Qian Shan Wan Shui 千山萬水—Official song for the Beijing 2008's Olympic Games (May 2008)

Filmography

Films
2003 Hidden Track 尋找周杰倫
2005 Initial D 頭文字D
2006 Curse of the Golden Flower 滿城盡帶黃金甲
2007 Secret 不能說的秘密
2008 Kung Fu Dunk 功夫灌籃
2009 The Treasure Hunter 刺陵
2010 True Legend 蘇乞兒
2011 The Green Hornet 青蜂侠

Television
2010 Pandamen 熊貓人

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Jay Chou 周杰倫
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:13:27 AM »
Yeah, I got admit he's the biggest star out there. Even starring as Green Hornet!

[CDA] Jay Chou - Capricorn (2008.10.09)

The real playlist of Capricorn (grabbed from Wiki):
   1. 龍戰騎士 Dragon Knight (Lóng Zhàn Qí Shì) 4:28
   2. 給我一首歌的時間 Give Me A Song's Time (Gěi Wǒ Yì Shǒu Gē De Shí Jiān) 4:11
   3. 蛇舞 Snake Dance (Shé Wŭ) 2:52
   4. 花海 Ocean Of Flowers (Huā Hăi) 4:22
   5. 魔術先生 Mr. Magic (Mó Shù Xiān Sheng) 3:45
   6. 說好的幸福呢 Where Is The Promised Happiness (Shuō Hăo De Xìng Fú Ne) 4:14
   7. 蘭亭序 Orchid Pavilion (Lán Tíng Xù) 4:12
   8. 流浪詩人 Wandering Poet (Líu Làng Shī Rén) 2:47
   9. 時光機 Time Machine (Shí Guāng Jī) 5:09
  10. 喬克叔叔 Uncle Joker (Qiáo Kè Shū Shū) 4:14
  11. 稻香 Rice Aroma (Dào Xiāng) 3:43

DOWNLOAD
http://sharebee.com/8126a482

I think the link still works lol

Offline cecelialorene

• Hello Mr. Perfect, You Met Me...
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »
oh my guhhhhh jay chou is so awesome. i love that his songs carry a message, and that he started out classically trained. Never read his wikipedia before, but i already knew his songs are more than just pop music<3
yeah i'm a fangirl XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 07:38:32 AM »
He's too busy making movies!!

Offline miki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 03:41:32 PM »
My fave Taiwanese singer! I always buy his albums since i was in junior high. Love him.

He looks chubbier in new movie, ya? And just not as gangster as he used to  :lol: But trailer's looking good, i'll watch it fo sure. It surprised me he's making Hollywood movie now, i thought he understand no english.

Offline wateva

• ecchi
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 08:02:27 AM »
Loved his first few albums. But his latest ones is by far the worst ones. Can't really tell the difference between the new songs as of late as they sound almost the same

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 07:14:39 AM »
Like Auto-Tune??

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »
Kobe Bryant Works with Jay Chou in New Song
    2011-02-23 09:22:56     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

NBA star Kobe Bryant and Asian pop king Jay Chou film a commercial for the soft drinks company Sprite. [Photo: CFP]

Two superstars, one from the world of sport and the other from the music industry, have got together recently for a special collaboration.

NBA All-Star MVP Kobe Bryant and Asian pop king Jay Chou have recorded the song, "The Heaven and Earth Challenge", which was launched at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Written by Chou, the song encourages young people to be confident. And as expected, it has a sporting theme and both stars portray characters who challenge each other in a basketball match one-on-one.

Staying true to character, Bryant is very confident with his performance. "I love it... my part is talk, it's very relaxing and I did a great job, it must be A+."

Chou acknowledges that Bryant's winning spirit inspired him so much that the creative process was very easy.

"I wrote the lyrics and the song at one go. The cooperation between Kobe and I is unique and unrivaled."

The song will be used commercially by the soft drinks company Sprite. All proceeds from the online ring-tone downloads of the song will go to Project Hope, a charity dedicated to helping improve educational facilities in poverty-stricken areas in China.

Edited by Liu Yan

you know how to play bball Jay Chou?? XD

Offline atarashii-michi

• Member+
  • Fangirling on a Whole New Level
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »
ooo seeing the post about kobe bryan and jay chou~
one of my second cousins' cousins (not blood related to me) is a friend of jay chou and is his basketball buddy >~<

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 12:47:30 PM »
I first got into Jay Chou by hearing which I loved, but I have since heard a few other ones that I also liked. Common Jasmin Orange is still #1 for me, though :P Does anyone have any songs to recommend?

I watched The Green Hornet thanks to Daigong, and it was great. Does Jay Chou know martial arts in real life?
It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »

^I'm not sure who actually sings here, but Jay Chou is being a badass in the PV.

Waddup gangsta?
It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
I have to say this isn't really newsworthy, but it's a fun trivia: Jay Chou likes to walk around naked at home. I actually like his attitude. If you don't like to wear clothes (at home), or if you don't like like to wear underwear then it doesn't matter. It's kind of like "Don't give a damn" policy that can be applied to  :hipheart:
The important thing is that he doesn't go around naked in the public :)
It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 09:26:09 AM »
Jay Chou has released a new PV "How Are You"
I was in a hurry to look through this PV between classes, so I admit I did some skipping in the end, and I didn't look closely. The song itself was really nice. It was calm, well sung and thank God, it was not as heavy on the autotune as the previous one (can someone tell what the title of that is romanised and English? :P )
The PV in itself was good, but I have a feeling it's a pretty standard story. In the beginning it shows Jay Chou and a woman do activities together, while later in the PV it shows both of them separated (it mostly shows Jay) where they do some of the same activities by themselves - And they're obviously not happy

Edit:
Quote from JpopAsia. http://www.jpopasia.com/news/jay-chou-releases-mv-for-how-are-you::9532.html
Quote from: JpopAsia
Jay Chou, who wrote all of the music for this song, tells fans that this is the first song he wrote that does not include drums. Instead, it relies only on piano and strings to tell the story of a sad breakup.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:20:19 PM by Pauekn »
It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »
Jay's latest PV "Rice Dumpling"
Ok. Jay chou has released another PV - Half a month ago.....!  ^^; But better late than never!

Once again I am not sure how I feel about his PV
It doesn't feel like Jay uses his voice like he did on "Common Jasmin Orange (Qi Li Xiang)" which is the song that got me to like him. This might very well because I don't understand Chinese, but I want him to use voice more. Beautiful lyrics don't really do it for... -But still: Judge it for yourself! Although it disappointed me, it won't necessarily disappoint you! ;)
It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 08:44:53 AM »
Kobe n Jay Chow reunite lol

Taiwanese singer Jay Chou made headlines last year, after he appeared in a commercial with NBA superstar Kobe Bryant.

Recently, the pair was in Los Angeles to collaborate in yet another commercial for Sprite and the commercial was released yesterday.

Jay was seen provoking Kobe, who was playing basketball in the court, with the use of music in this video. An incensed Kobe went up the stage and began playing Jay's song The Era on the guitar.

Apart from his statuesque build and adroit basketball skills, the NBA player once released a solo album in 1999 and always had a passion in music.

"I've been writing lyrics since I was 14 years old. Lyric-writing is as easy as playing basketball," Kobe shared.

He also expressed his wish to work on music with Jay, should there be a chance in future.

Commenting on Kobe's musical talents, Jay complimented, "I've always believed that Kobe's a talented person, but I'm surprised that his musical talents are so impressive too."

When asked if he picked up any basketball playing tips from Kobe, the singer expressed that he had learnt a lot from Kobe during a charity basketball game last October.

"I hope I can compete with him this year. I feel that even though he played with us at last year's game, it was as if he's playing with a bunch of kids. That day felt like a dream to the many celebrities who were present then," Jay added.

via http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5964902

behind the scenes

KOBE ROCKING IT OUT!!! :pimp:

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »

There was fortunately no heavy autotune in this song (actually no autotune at all!) - And also. It's not the suit or the powers that makes one into a hero.  It's the heart and will to protect others. I really liked the ending! :3

It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline freakx

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 10:04:15 AM »
from "OPUS 12",His new album

HIS STYLE IS CHANGED IN PREVIOUS FEW YEARS .STILL LIKE TO LISTEN HIM
Jay Chou "Big Ben" MV

Offline freakx

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »
Jay Chou Raps About A Corrupt Eunuch
TAIPEI, Taiwan — Taiwan's pop king Jay Chou has played roles as varied as superhero, vampire and cowboy. So his latest album about an influential but corrupt court eunuch may not sound all that odd to his fans.

In "Gong Gong with A Headache" released Thursday, Chou raps about the eunuch who has a secret passion for women but "must not touch them." "Gong Gong" is a name for court eunuchs in China.

In the music video, Chou dances stiffly like a zombie to the tune of hip hop, dressed in satin imperial court costume.

The singer also wrote the song. He says he was inspired by the popular drama series "The Legend of Zhen Huan" and other court dramas that have captivated audiences in China and Taiwan.

from "OPUS 12",His new album
QUITE GOOD VIDEO AND SONG
Jay Chou "Gong Gong with a Headache" MV

I LATER FOUND "GONG GONG" MEANS "EUNUCH"

DIDN`T KNOW JAY HIMSELF DIRECTED THIS VIDEO :)
Jay Chou behind-the-scene of "Gong Gong with A Headache"

Offline freakx

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »
Another mv from same album

LIKED HIS JAZZ STYLE GUITAR PLAYING
Jay Chou "A Larger Cello" MV

Jay Chou behind-the-scene of "A Larger Cello"

Offline freakx

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
I first got into Jay Chou by hearing [Common Jasmin Orange (Qi Li Xiang)[/url] which I loved, but I have since heard a few other ones that I also liked. Common Jasmin Orange is still #1 for me, though :P Does anyone have any songs to recommend?

I watched The Green Hornet thanks to Daigong, and it was great. Does Jay Chou know martial arts in real life?

THE GREEN HORNET IS FINE MOVIE BUT NOTHING COMPARED TO HIS and NICHOLAS TSE MOVIE "VIRAL FACTOR"
HERE IS TORRETN LINKhttp://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7173841/The_Viral_Factor_2012.DVDRip_XviD-CoWRY]
[url]http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7173841/The_Viral_Factor_2012.DVDRip_XviD-CoWRY

[/url]
HIS FINEST PIANO SKILL IN "SECRET"
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5590487/

PRESS CONFERENCE  FOR "THE VIRAL FACTOR"

TRAILER

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:45:29 AM by freakx »

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - So Real