JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Hibi Go Go

Author Topic: [CHI] Jacky Cheung 張學友  (Read 16299 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Jacky Cheung 張學友
« on: May 07, 2010, 10:42:41 AM »
The King of Male Canto Pop Jacky Cheung Hok-yau 張學友 is a singer, songwriter and actor from Hong Kong. The Chinese language media refers to him, Aaron Kwok, Andy Lau and Leon Lai as the Cantopop Four Heavenly Kings (四大天王).Cheung is also nicknamed "God of Songs" (歌神), but he is the second person to hold this title, after former Cantopop singer Sam Hui. In an interview with Ray Cordeiro (Uncle Ray), Cheung stated that the title was more appropriate for Hui than him, since he actually wrote and popularized songs.[/i]

Jacky Cheung Hok-yau
Ancestry   Tianjin, China
Origin    Hong Kong
Born   10 July 1961 in Hong Kong
Other name(s)   God of songs[3]
Occupation   Singer, Songwriter, Actor
Genre(s)   Cantopop, Mandopop
Instrument(s)   Singing, Guitar
Voice type(s)   Baritone, Tenor, occasional falsetto
Years active   1985–present
Spouse(s)   May Lo Mei-mei (羅美薇)

Wiki
Official
IMDB

... you may have seen him in "Bullet in the head"

and the upcoming "House of 72 Tenants"

is back with a new album!!!

張 學友 Private Corner (首批限量版) 2010-01-29

Jacky Cheung is back, and he invites you to his Private Corner! It has been more than five years since the last time he released a Cantonese studio album - Life is Like a Dream in 2004, and no longer content with singing pop songs, the Canto-pop King has evolved to offer a new sound never heard from him. With a voice like vintage wine, Jacky can always be counted on to deliver the goods, and his vocals make a perfect match with the jazz sound of the new album. Private Corner is made with a discerning audience in mind, and producer Andrew Tuason ensured the best sound quality by using only authentic instruments.

01. 迷你
02. Double Trouble
03. 不只有緣
04. 十二個音
05. 月巴女且
06. 戀上你背面
07. Let It Go
08. 找對你
09. 伯爵茶
10. Everyday is Christmas (English)

DOWNLOAD
http://www.multiupload.com/S424N97DEC

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Jacky Cheung 張學友
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »
You know you're good when Stephen Chow spoofs you:

and him in Japan:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 06:15:03 AM »
My ultimate all time favorite song, "愛是永恆 / Ai Shi Yong Heng" and prolly one of the most famous Chinese songs ever.

It's when I get on my knees and sing to tama  XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:02:32 AM »
^ and the spoof XD

from the movie 72 Tenants

Cho Lam goes "Dad! That's not how Jacky Cheung sounds like"
Jacky: "WTF! I sound SO like him!"
Cho Lam: "Lemme show you..."

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 11:43:46 AM »
Jacky Cheung releases new Mandarin album after 4 years

To go along with his upcoming World Tour "Jacky Cheung ½ Century Concert", which kicks off this week in Shanghai, Jacky Cheung is releasing his newest Mandarin album after almost 4 years. [TN: his previous Mandarin album was ‘By Your Side’ which was released in early 2007] The ‘first plug’ to his new album is the song 《三分拍》which incorporates a Waltz melody – the rhythm is lively, yet elegant, and the lyrics bring forth the artistic concept of a couple dancing the waltz to describe the feelings and relationship between a man and a woman.

Jacky expressed that the new song will be added to the song line-up for his upcoming concert: “As I was preparing for my concert, I listened to this song – the playful melody gives me the feeling of being on stage and also a lot of room for visualizing, so I decided to add the song to my concert line-up. Hopefully this will help everyone imagine dancing on stage.”

Jacky’s newest Cantonese album "Private Corner" (which was released earlier this year) contained a song fitting for the Christmas holiday called ‘Everyday is Christmas’. A few days ago, Nokia’s music download service website (Ovi.com) announced that ‘Everyday is Christmas’ was the 10th most downloaded Christmas song in the world this year, joining the likes of classic hits such as Wham’s ‘Last Christmas’ (number 1 most downloaded) and Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ (number 2 most downloaded) . Jacky is the only Chinese language singer to make it into the Top Ten, garnering praise from many netizens as being “truly amazing.”

Source: Mingpao
Translation: llwy12 @ AsianFanatics

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:39:53 AM »
Watched Crossing Hennessy 2010 with Jacky Cheung and Tang Wei.

Really cute and amusing, not over sugary romcom, with some really thoughtful messages. Jacky plays a slacker who gets dragged into being set up on dates with his mom's fellow clients, neighborhood baht pohs.

but this is different, there's the quiet shy Tang Wei. She likes books and mysteries, and he CAN MAKE HER LAUGH. Ain't that the most important thing of all?

They on different sides of Hennessy Road, the busy shops and nightlife vs the government boring section. Will their lives ever cross?? OF COURSE. but not in the syruppy way you'd imagine.

with a fantasy twist too, with Gill Mohindepaul Singh aka Kiu Bo Bo (喬寶寶) like he keeps appearing and disappearing in his dellusional moments.

And even as he gets beat up by Tang Wei's ex bf, he gets up and goes "Yo Mom! I'm a man! TIME TO GET UP AND DO DIS!" Really touching moment.

Goes to show why Jacky is one of the most versatile entertainers in Asian HISTORY.

OF COURSE he sang the theme song

Offline ccfccc

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 07:36:31 PM »

Offline ccfccc

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 07:38:57 PM »

Offline aznkid4

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
it ain't a Leslie Tribute without Jacky. BELTING IT!! in shorts and sandals.

You might remember them co-star in A Chinese Ghost Story II - 倩女幽魂 II︰人間道 from 1990

Offline ghostface

• ecchi
  • hip hop fiend
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 09:15:57 PM »
His acting in Bullet in the Head was top notch.  Wish him & Tony Leung did more movies with each other, their chemistry was really strong.  Anybody who hasn't watch this movie I highly suggest you give it a try.  The mix between drama/action was well done. 

Offline msdmck

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 08:39:27 AM »
Jack Cheung's songs and movies = memories
英國移民、英國樓盤等事宜成為香港熱話,有英媒整合英國樓價最抵的十大地區可供港人作在英國置業投資英國物業的參考。現時英國樓平均樓價為約23.7萬英鎊。英國房地產很多人都想在英國買樓置業,買英國樓有什麽好處?英國物業投資前景怎麽樣?投放資金到英國物業值得嗎?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 11:52:56 AM by msdmck »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Hibi Go Go