JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyorin - Glory Jane OST Part 1

Author Topic: [FIL] Ode to LaLuna (indie)  (Read 228097 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [FIL] Ode to LaLuna (indie)
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
I'm digging that track  :twothumbs I grew up with After Forever, Epica, etc so I quite dig OtLL's style  :thumbup

All my recording stuff isn't functioning anymore (damn you Line 6!!!), so I'm afraid I can't make the cover I wanted  :(

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 01:51:06 AM »
thanks Barrie, Epica and After Forever have a big influence in our music

It's a shame, i was really anticipating an epic cover from you

Y'ALL HAVE ONE WEEK LEFT to do your entries to get OTLL autographed CDs and other merch

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 09:50:33 AM »
WHOA! You so busy tru. I peepd the Facebook and gigs all over the place. KICK ASS!!

You and the girls look BAD ASS! :rockon:

LOL the big ass BASS!

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
according to our producer, they'll be having prints of our photos!

so, if you want to get a copy, inform me now so we can have copies printed out.

i think solo pics will be wallet sized (so you can keep us in your wallet all the time)

and group pics will be 3r

Set 1

Set 2

Set 3

Set 4

just pick the indiv mem pic set + the group pic you want and VOILA! such set costs 100 pesos (less than 3US$)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:58:31 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »
IF YOU WANNA GRAB A COPY OF ODE TO LALUNA'S ALBUM, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO ORDER!

just PM me
your email address (for the PayPal invoice)
shipping address
order specifications (# of copies, autographs, pic sets, etc)

unfortunately, as of now, PayPal is our only mode of payment
also, we'll be shipping the CDs via regular airmail so it may take some time to get to you because we don't want the shipping costs to be insanely high. after all, we are an indie band

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Ode to LaLuna (GET YOUR COPY PM TRU)
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »
I GOT MY SIX COPIES !!! RAWR S.I.N. looks like she gonna rip u a new asshole! :heart:

BE THERE! LAUNCH PARTY!

The album launch itself will be held August 6th 2011 at the aptly named Hades Bar near Timog Ave., Quezon City (Manila to the international viewers). I have a fresh copy in my hands now and it sounds very promising indeed. Look out for a full review shortly.

Gates open at 7.30pm and cover charge is P100 and you get a beer with that so that is a good deal to me along with a stellar line up of some of the local’s finest metal fraternity including S.I.N, Badburn, Sanctus, Oremuz, Even and Anhura

For tickets contact ‘Puge’ on +63 (0) 927 715 8878 / 0917 646 1200 / 0915 745 1949 / 0923 453 5062

via http://headfonics.com/2011/08/ode-to-laluna-album-launch-august-6th-2011/

HHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK ON!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 01:10:18 AM »
WHOA So pro on http://www.reverbnation.com/odetolaluna complete with widgets to put on your website/facebook/twitter. SPREAD THE WORD!  :jphip:

wonder how last nite's gig went! Next week they at Malate, PH at 8:00 PM @ Malate District bar :rockon:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 02:05:09 AM »
BOOM DA BOOM! RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR here's some video from last nite I saw off facebook (login to fb first!)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2277506182958#&comments

HAUNTING! Great JOB O0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2011, 11:25:40 PM »
OTLL!! LIVE!

hope you have a kick ass show!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »
FUCKING ROCKING gig last nite from what I see on FB and shizz!!! GJ TRU and OTLL!!

Rockstars baby!!

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 04:06:32 PM »
WOOOOOOOOO I GOT MY CD & PICSETS!!!!  :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

IT'S SO COOL :DDDDD I love how the inlay splits open from the inside and all you girls signed it!!!! :DDDDDD
AHH AHHH I need to listen to it now XD

Love the pics too!!! I might frame these if I can figure out a good way to arrange them  :lol:

THis also the first CD I have that has 4 JPH!P members names on it XDDD
(well 4 if you count mine on the sigs ;D)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »
Hell yeah! The CD arrived today :w00t:

Thanks for the shoutout, tru! :heart:

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 02:54:36 AM »
How exciting! Can't wait for mine to arrive  :w00t:

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 08:58:15 AM »
HRRRROCKING! me too Rei! Look at bad ass TRU here!! :rockon:

and Ishtar :inlove:

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »
yay! like a tru rock star! tru  :rock:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [FIL] Ode to LaLuna MOONBREAK Review
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
rocking SET! can't wait to see more from OTLL TOUR!!! Keep at it TRU!! The :hipheart: is BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY!!

FIRST LEG!! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166375323438900

check em out shainingj and fellow Filipinos if you can!

Time: Friday, September 9 at 6:00pm - September 10 at 2:00am

@ Simplicio Eegante Bar, Ortigas Extension Junction Cainta
September 09, 2011

GATE OPENS AT EXACTLY 6PM
TICKET PRICE : 150 php

Ode to La Luna Album & Merchandise available at the Gate.
Paramita album also available.

First 50 guests will get special freebies. :w00t:

and if you hesitated to cop MOONBREAK. check out this expert review. GREAT music. :rockon:

Quote from: headfonics.com

Ode To LaLuna – Moonbreak (August 6th 2011)
BY MARCUSD – AUGUST 27, 2011
POSTED IN: MUSIC REVIEWS, THE SOUND BAR

Genres: Symphonic Metal / Gothic Rock / Neoclassical Dark Wave
Members: Yue – Drums, Iah – Guitar, Sin – Bass, Selene – Keys, Ishtar – Vocals
Album Release date: August 6th 2011
Publishing Label: Inner Circle Productions
Composed & Arranged by Selina Moon
Mix & mastering: Macoy Manuel

During the last five years or so the rise of symphonic metal, particularly those with female lead vocals has seen a stratospheric rise in popularity. You have bands like Nightwish, Within Temptation, Evanescence trailblazing a path to allow lesser bands to steal some of the credit if not the same amount of radio airtime or chart success. Certainly the genre has matured greatly over the last 10 years or so. However when I analyzed this a little closer I noticed not too many of the better ones have come from the usual hot-spots of the UK or the US. Instead they hail from the likes of Holland, Finland & Sweden to name but a few. It seems our northern cousins have this genre licked!

So I didn’t really expect to find something similar on the local level but yet again the majors, (tsk, tsk asleep again!), have missed a gem of a band that refuses to follow the tried and tested indie rock route, instead nailing their color firmly to the mast of all things symphonic metal.

The band I am talking about is of course Ode To LaLuna.

These guys have been rocking for a while now but it’s only last month they put together their album and it seems the work has paid off. It would be scary what they could do if they had a full symphonic orchestra backing them. One only has to go back to when Cradle of Filth made the big step up in 2003 with the Sony backing and produced Damnation and a Day in 2003 to remember what they were capable of given the right backing. In the same sense, though stylistically different, Ode to LaLuna remind me of a Gothic version of the Filth circa 2003; lying in wait showing real glimpses of potential and craft in their debut album release – Moonbreak.

Ode To LaLuna of course don’t sound too much like the Filth, which would be some feat but what we do have is a prime slice of some great atmospheric Gothic and neoclassical work which grows on you big time. For those with a longer memory I would say there is even a hint of Depeche Mode at their darker rockier stage of their long careers. Selina Moon, the keyboardist and arranger for the band pretty much knows what direction this band is going in. The guitar work is heavy and impressive though never straying away from the core intricate melodies and in doing so the band sound tight and professional – playing with a purpose and passion.

The album itself is sung in a mix of English and Tagalog in equal confident measures throughout its 13 track long playlist with each one overloaded on tones of atmosphere and some canny switches now and then to a more organic and intimate acoustic vocal phrases and tracks.

The vocals remind me more of Anette Olzon than say Sharon den Adel, less operatic, more rock but with great presence and a sense of the dramatic. Ishtar’s presence and range is strong without being pitchy or resorting to shouting and given the desired scale of the sound of this album in terms of atmosphere and tone the vocals needed to be. Credit must got to Selina and Macoy for the excellent arrangements and mixing to ensure each instrument is given enough room to breathe. In someways it reminds me of a heavy more guitar laden Sisters of Mercy circa Floodlands (1988) with the driving beat and choir like background vocals.

One great example of the power of Filipino musicality is Angel, the second to last track. After 11 tracks of pounding Gothic rock with huge hooks and riffs, Angel really demonstrates another side which may have got lost if everything else was similar. The light splash of Spanish guitar is a great touch leading into some fantastic solo work. It’s one of the more commercial songs but at the same time you can tell a lot of work and thought was put into this track and it really benefits. I actually think this could be a great album closer. Look again at the lead intro of track number 6, Haunt with more beautiful acoustic and piano work intro that keeps building and building. When the band hits the melody everything seems to just gel perfectly.

Those searching on you tube will find also the lead carrier single, Bloodrain which is track number 8 on the album. Excellent driving rhythm which doesn’t let up from start to finish, it is unashamedly big and bombastic and everything just soars right until the last few taps of the piano.

And the strings and drums they never let up; some great pounding rhythm in many of the tracks with Kadiliman perhaps being one of my favorites showing off the rock side of the band both in bass and guitar after another big Gothic style opening.

The one constant through each song is the intricate arrangements put together. I really have to take my hat off to the band for this. Money or not you cant take the craftsmanship away and these guys have a sense for the dramatic without ever sounding over the top. Selina’s mastery of the keyboard is just excellent in this respect, whether setting the tone or slowing or speeding up the work, it is a big driver in how the album flows and how it is steered. As a fellow pianist I can appreciate that big time.

So where do they go from here? As Iah stated on the inside of the cover ” The best foundation of music will always be passion and heart”. Never a truer word said. Once again majors you might want to wake up and take a second look at what you are missing on the local scene. Not everyone wants to the latest rendition of The Eraserheads. Some people really dig their metal and a lot of people are going to dig Ode to LaLuna. If you like your metal chock full of atmosphere and driving guitars, if you enjoy a strong dose of big hooks then you need to listen to this. There is some real potential in this album.

If you want to find out more about the band or buy the album you can visit them on http://www.facebook.com/odetolaluna  and drop the guys a message – they always reply!

via http://headfonics.com/2011/08/ode-to-laluna-moonbreak-august-6th-2011/

or they hang out in IRC and the forums and go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »
yeah!how i wish i could physically support a fellow chuu and my kababayan!
for now, go go go tru!
so happy to see tru fulfilling her passion for music!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:10:20 PM by shainingj »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2011, 05:35:44 AM »
ahh I forget how far apart the Islands are shainchan! :doh:

TRU so badass WOOT from last week's event at Simplicio Elegante

this her own PW thread! :grin:

THE TEMPESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!! :rockon:

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 12:38:11 AM »
Finally got my 2 copies & photo set in the mail.  :twothumbs

Thanks, tru and the rest of your band!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:29:22 PM by HartAKL85 »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 12:21:08 AM »
LUCKY!!!! :D and dem autographs full of babble unlike other rock stars!!

bunch of live photos of the band at their last gig at (via facebook)

Love the intenseness of tru in her performance! ROCK ON SISTER!

First leg of their TOUR!! Gig this weekend September 9th!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyorin - Glory Jane OST Part 1