JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Last Alliance - Boys Don`t Cry

Author Topic: [CHI] Faye Wong 王菲  (Read 62182 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Faye Wong 王菲
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2011, 11:36:25 PM »

Faye flawless from her weibo

Offline ccfccc

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »

Great song

Offline ccfccc

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2011, 07:42:44 PM »

Offline ccfccc

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »
did u see her new concert performances??

Faye Wong's Comeback Tour Arrives in Changsha     
2011-07-04 13:23:58     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Pop diva Faye Wong's comeback tour recently arrived in Changsha, the capital city of central China's Hunan Province.

the armpit selection!

Wong sang for two nights over the weekend at Hunan International Conference and Exhibition Center, the province's largest indoor venue.

As with her previous shows, Wong preferred to sing rather than speak, treating thousands of fans to dozens of her best-known hits on Saturday night, addressing them only five times with the words "thank-you".

The color selection of Wong's dresses was also minimal. The singer chose to wear black and white outfits on the first night, and black and red on the second.

The concerts were part of Wong's comeback tour which she kicked off with box office success in Beijing last October after staying away from the stage for six years.

She will perform next in Wuhan, Hubei Province on August 26-27.

Offline calcium

• Walk the walk
  • ecchi
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
As i know Faye from Final Fantasy VIII "Eyes on Me", i think i should post this interview of Nobuo Uematsu's impression of Faye.

---Why did you decide to put a vocal song?

Actually, some of us came up with a plan to use a famous vocalist in the ending of FF7. It didn't
go through because the plan was too abrupt, and there was no themes or reason in the story for a
vocal song to suddenly come up in the ending. On the other hand, the "song" has a meaning in the
FF8 plot, and it closely relates to it main characters. That's why I wrote a ballard that I
thought would suit the theme. Then, I asked everone to bring in CDs with vocalists who would
match it. We listened to countless CDs in our staff meetings, but none of them didn't seem to
match our expectations... until one CD was played. Everyone looked around and asked
"Who is this...!?", even though it was the first track in the CD. We didn't have second thoughts.
Some of you may ask why I chose Faye Wong, but I can't just say that it was my instinct. I didn't
even know her when I listened to her CD, but her voice and mood seem to match my image of the
song exactly. The fact that she was Chinese fits the international image of Final Fantasy, too.

---What kind of a person was Faye Wong?

I wasn't the one who partipated in the negotiation, so I couldn't get to know her at first.
Still, I found out that she was extraordinary as I gathered her information. She accepted our
offer, but the recording had to take place in Hong Kong due to her schedule. Thus, I organized
an orchestra and gave her a copy of the tape before everything. Her style was to concentrate
alone for a while before recording, and sing in a one-shot deal. She also liked to sing in a
complete darkness. I have to say she had mystic qualities.

---Her mysteriousness is one of her traits.

I think we each received different impressions of her. Still, her skill as a singer is superior.
Her voice is truly heavenly.

Offline Pauekn

• Kyuuto no tenshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 05:20:37 AM »
I just discovered this girl. She is great! My favourite song of her so far i "Love Letter to myself". Not sure if it actually has a Chinese title.

I actually heard of her because a Chinese is considering taking his girlfriend to a concert with her, now :) - She is a great singer, and I will probably take some song tips from this thread later on, but for now I just skimmed through before I am leaving for school.
It's Airi time, bitches!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 02:30:56 AM »
^ good choice. :thumbsup Faye defines Chinese Music.

What a trooper Eason is :P with Faye here for CNY

Faye and Eason Take Part in New Years Festival

Eason Chan, Faye Wong, Charlene Choi, Li Yundi, Leehom Wang and many artistes participated in China Central Television's New Year's Gala last evening in Beijing. Even though Eason's leg injury had not fully healed, he still stood on stage alongside Faye Wong for their duet 'Because of Love'. Faye wore a red hairpiece which matched her flowing red gown, appearing very festive. Leehom and pianist Li Yundi jammed on stage together, playing the guitar and the piano respectively. Participating at the event for the first time, Charlene joined Dicky Cheung, Jess Zhang and others for the opening performance.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: sparkles_n15 @ AsianFanatics

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2012, 01:07:47 AM »
Faye :wriggly: god speed to the 64 injured.

Faye Wong utters 36 words at concert

The Chinese singer moved her fans to tears when she went beyond her usual “Thank you” at her concert

Diva Faye Wong is known to be selfish with her words. Since her return to showbiz in 2010, Faye would only say "Thank you" during her concerts.

However, during her concert at Chongqing's Olympic Centre on Saturday (Feb 18), the Chinese singer opened up with a short speech.

This, after a concert scheduled the day before was cancelled because the upper-level seats at the centre collapsed suddenly.

Faye and her manager apologised to her fans for three times in total for the cancellation.

On Saturday, Faye took the stage and put on a full two-hour show. She sang 21 classic hits, including Hong Dou and Kai Dao Cha Mi.

That night, the singer was very energetic and playful. She also took the chance between songs to wave to her fans. Faye thanked the audience six times and waved to her fans five times in total.

After she performed the song Cheng Ke, the singer said: ""Thank you. I hope you're not affected by what happened yesterday and that you have a good time tonight. Thank you," she said.

Her short speech garnered a roaring applause. Some fans were so touched, that they shed tears of joy.

In other related news, the organiser reported that 11 people were injured during the collapse, which occurred on the first day of the concert.

According to the hospital in Chongqing, they treated more than 70 patients within the first three hours after the accident occurred. Four suffered from broken bones, while one had to undergo surgery.

It is believed that more than 1,000 people received a refund for their tickets, costing the organisers an estimated NT$4.69 million (S$197,000).

via http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5905786

what a moving moment:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 02:36:20 AM »

Faye this past March 31, Faye Wong, held in Kunming in concert, even for a few sets of clothing, sometimes the embodiment of crystal lamps, sometimes take the rocking chair to fall from the sky, the scene beautifully.

Offline neolam

• ecchi
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
she is the real female artist who really can sing....many junior singer cant even dare to sing her songs...

Offline superthefox

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 03:19:33 AM »
I have to say, Faye is most definitely one of my top artists of all time. Di-Dar is my favorite album of hers and also just one of my favorite albums in general. Such a beautiful and unique creation!! Seeing that Vacation was finally performed live for the first time on her recent tour greatly excited me. I'm really hoping that at some point video of this tour is officially released because there has been some really great performances and some nice new covers along the way. It'd be a shame for all that fantastic stage production and pretty decent setlists to not be properly released.

Offline dumpydump2

• ecchi
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »
love her voice..

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2012, 01:38:36 AM »
love her voice..

love her pits...

Faye Wong Dalian concert will be held on the 12th, three times thank you, but also to the fans to ask questions: "Dalian friends you cold." The audience simultaneous A "cold" in addition to the "old rules". She says with a laugh: "You do not cold I do not cold." IC / text and Fig.

Offline kingjune86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 06:39:42 AM »
I love her music.

Offline wolfsan

• ecchi
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 07:28:31 AM »
Faye Wong. ^_^ Her voice is very good. I still remember when I first heard her song on a video game I played. Final Fantasy VIII. Good memories.

Here's the song she sang:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
SO SLENDER!!! preview from Harper's Bazaar

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2013, 08:54:04 PM »
May 19, 60 Teresa Teng Memorial concert held in Beijing. Faye Wong, Hsiao, Jane Zhang, Ping and other singers. Faye Wong singing Teresa unfinished posthumous work, Taking a duet of two generations of days.

PERFECTION.

You did great!

eta:

AND new song! top of the charts! Fuckin Rights.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:09:00 AM by Assman »

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2013, 05:39:09 AM »
DOING GOOD!! Take notes Y'all.

[2013.05.28] FAYE WONG'S SMILE ANGEL EVENT RAISES OVER 10 MILLION
Li Yapeng and Faye Wong founded Smile Angel because of their daughter Li Yan to help children with facial deformatory.

Posted by hktopten 

Meeting up with Tony and Carina!!

Offline ghostface

• ecchi
  • hip hop fiend
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »
One of my favorite singers of all time.  I love her voice, Love Letter to Myself is superb.  Her acting is excellent as well. 

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Last Alliance - Boys Don`t Cry