JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lite - Dead Leaf

Author Topic: Be Like Jabronisaur Day VI (July 16, 2015)  (Read 9763 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Be Like Jabronisaur Day VI (July 16, 2015)
« on: July 16, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
Be Like Jabronisaur Day VI (July 16, 2015)
~Good Deeds, Spreading Love, Be Positive~

It's been a long day without you my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again

My friend Tim "Jabronisaur" Marks aka Jabby has left this planet sixe years ago. Let us reflect upon this day and do that good deed. Whether it is donating to the local charity, thanking your bus driver, or showing a new member at JPHiP the way. Jab lives on forever in our hearts. This what we call Be Like Jabronisaur Day spreading love and POSITIVITY~ the JPHiP Way - the way Jab showed us in real life and online at JPHiP.com

See 2010 thread.
See 2011 thread.
See 2012 thread.
See 2013 thread.
See 2014 thread.

For those new to the community, check out his vast history: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=151.0

Like a webcomic based on his college years http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23643.0 by his buddy Kelvin Challenger (aka @Mastergodai)
 ‏
We lost Jabronisaur on July 16, 2009 - right after our successful meet up at Anime Expo, where JPHiP pimped like no other, gathering 30+ in a room at a time, meeting dozens more along the way. At the forefront, was Jabronisaur whom as a member of the Crack Staff, broke down barriers and mingled with fans from all over the world and net - making them feel like family. He exemplified what it was to be a HiPster, and made us so proud he was just one of our homies.

WHAT IT IS Start July 16, 2015, throughout the YEAR let us look back at THE MAN! THE LIFE! What memories we have from Anime Expo 2009 and throughout the forum and radio.

Post in this thread on how you BE LIKE JAB, share your personal memories about Jab, if you just want to know who he is and what he meant to JPH!P. How we can all be better HiPstaz LiKE JAB!

on our facebook: http://facebook.com/JPHiP on twitter @JPHiP #Jabronisaur #BeLikeJab

Representing HARDCORE GEEK from the start and PROUD of it! I'm sure Satoru Iwata 岩田聡 and Jab be chillin in heaven givin him MAD PROPS on his radio show.

10 Years we been the :hip heart: and to have come across fellers like Jab is a true blessing. Never take that away from you when you visit JPHiP. That greatness comes in all sorts of sizes big small long hard we are all ONE.

We at :hipheart: are truly honoured to be in contact with his family and friends and hear their stories to further prove we are truly blessed to have known such an awesome guy.

Our goal is to have the spirit of Jabronisaur live on forever with every good deed we do, to carry on what Jab built here at JPHiP, a community that is positive and caring every single day. Sometimes the smallest act of kindness can make the biggest difference.

TUNE IN TONIGHT! AND THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND!

At 9:30 PM EST JPHiP RADIO the next 10 hours will be dedicated to Jabronisaur's radio show Beware the JabberJocky! filled with Video Game and Anime OSTs and his brand of humour and softspoken DJing.

check out the thread: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=14904.0

Stay tuned to this thread and twitter and facebook for the latest times cuz daigong is a fuckin slave to his job but always have :hipheart: in his heart.

ALWAYS, IN OUR HEARTS JABBY!!  :hip smile:

:hipheart:
One Love.

The JPH!P Crack Staff
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:12:51 PM by daigong »

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Be Like Jabronisaur Day VI (July 16, 2015)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 02:34:23 AM »
I haven't posted here in a long time, but it's about time I said something again about our brother.  I think of him often.  Jab brought many people from around the world together.  Everything changed when he entered our lives, and everything changed again after we lost him 6 years ago.  We became bound together by something intangible that I can't describe.  We'll always be a family. May he always rest in peace, always to be loved by us.  If you have nothing else to drive you in life, let him be your inspiration.  He was the best.  Let his kindness inspire you.  When I forget myself and stray from my way, I remember that his kindness is what we should all aspire to.  It calms me down and gives me hope.   :thumbup

Does anybody else find that it's hard to describe to others just what Jab means to you?  It's hard to really describe to non-Hipsters just how integral Jab is to my growing up as a person, and how he brought a ragtag group of Hipsters together.  It always sounds lame. "Well, he was this guy on these couple of forums that I was buddies with".  But it's way deeper than that.  I guess it's a Hip Fam thing that only we can get.  :D

As for my good deeds today, I did a few.  I could have easily had an awful, rage-filled day with the way things have been at my job the past 2 days.  Instead, I focused only on the good, found the silver lining in disaster, and made a new friend at work.  Sounds like something Jab would do on a daily basis.  I felt like today I had to be on the best behaviour, like maybe there was some kind of test and Jab was grading me.  I dunno, I think I passed.  I hope I did! :nervous

Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever, buddy.

The Fam
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 03:02:59 AM »
Commie. Thank you thank you thank you thank you I could CTRL-V this but thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you wow no typing errors im so good thank you thakn tou whoops spoke too soon

what this is is beyond a forum of fans but a fam of :hipheart: we love him so much and it sucks im running outta footage and photos to post  but i can just sit back and relive the amaazing shit we did at AX and when we built this shit and how he set me aside and set me str8 as i went all daigong with it and layered dat foundation of jphip not being  just a free for all but a free fot all with HEART and SOUL where peeps cared

My good. deed. I listened lady. my best homie whom we went through the worst of times, and through the BLURST of times! going through some serious relationship issues with his lady and i just leant an ear cuz people know they can.

which is im running a lil late tonite. OT workin for DA Man but never will daigong forget. I'm a rant. I'm a rant some more on the weekend when everyone get together. JABBY FOEVA REMEMBERED.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 04:42:05 AM »
Jab was one of the first members that really kind of talked to me outside forum posts here! We talked a ton about video games (especially Final Fantasy... both of us LOVED Final Fantasy IV). It was definitely people like him that made this place feel so warm and welcoming and more like a huge family instead of "just a forum." I never got to go to any meet ups or anything, so I never got to meet him personally, but he was still an amazing friend.

I still have the little recording he did for my old radio show somewhere on an old laptop/harddrive. I'm gonna try to get it somehow. :)

We've been having some trouble with a teacher at drama camp, but today I decided to sit down and actually really talk to him and listen to what was going on. I feel like that's something Jab would do, not judge, but be kind and lend an ear. I really hope I can remember to be like Jab on more days than just today.

...Of course I also came home and played a ton of Nintendo. :)

I still think about you a lot, Jabs. Miss you, bro.  :heart:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 06:36:27 AM »
BEAUTY. WWheatsie always a fan to da show. with the old skool jams. I loved his splitter for yours...with SFX and everything. I thinkk I still have it somewhere.

ANYHEW. I really appreciate the comments and props, please keep them coming. I know somewhere. down south, Jab's Family is touched by how he touched us all...

LETS GET THE SHOW GOING. tune in http://radio.jphip.com I'll jump on the mic in a bit.... :jphip:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 02:25:17 PM »
She Knows. :yep:

Family is all We Got. See on the next side Jabby. :jphip:

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lite - Dead Leaf