JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - Sing

Author Topic: Love at First Sight? (Favourite member stories)  (Read 19564 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Love at First Sight? (Favourite member stories)
« on: March 12, 2005, 01:26:12 PM »
Some of us have found their favourite H!P/Morning Musume members instantly, for some it has taken time to find their favourite members. What is your story with your favourite member(s)?

Feel free to include as many favourites as you'd like and even come back to write about more favourites, if you feel like it (or are bored enough). :D

---

My favourite H!P member is Nacchi. Unfortunately my Nacchi fan story is quite boring. I can remember that she didn't really catch my attention at first and I have no idea what made me notice her. I guess at first she was just some cute girl to me, and after that I fell for her personality and charm. But yeah, quite a boring story.

I think I actually even disliked Maki, my second favourite member, at first because the first thing I read about her was that she was quite probably the most popular Momusu member ever, and since I was always one of the unpopular kids who loath popular people... I didn't like her for a very stupid reason. :oops: But oh well, I saw more Hello!Mornings and such and her cool personality actually made me interested in her. I started to understand why so many people find her gorgeous, and when Prism came out (I'm quite a new fan btw) I fell for her for good. God, those were the first bikini pictures I've ever cared about. Thanks for turning me into a perv, Ms. Goto. Anyway, ever since I've also started to love her voice and everything about her.

Okay, that's two of them... I've got plenty more left... Now, please, share share share your stories :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:24:16 AM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 01:32:05 PM »
Love at First Sight => Takahashi in Roman~My Dear Boy  :oops:  :oops:
(and after in Sakura Mankai)

I loved her clothes, her hair style, her eyes, her face, her dance in Romañ~My Dear Boy <3 <3 <3 <3

Offline B4S

• nAkAzAwA!
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 01:40:07 PM »
i guess it was during koi no dance site i actually noticed MM.. before that the 1st time i saw them was when they performed love machine on koukahku'99
somehow Koi no DS track was catchy... & the pple who caught my eye after a while was maki.. but then i was still into MAX..
======
until when MAX went missing somewhere in 2001.. then i started catching up on MM.. by then they had added the 4th gen, & pucchimoni with seishun jidai 1,2,3 was the one which attracted me back to MM.. lol... it was yoshizawa & maki (who is my default fav back then)
======
then i started collecting MM clips.. my fren was a MM fan.. so i got lucky & had quite abit of their old clips.... when i got cable.. it was aroun "da peace".. then aroun end 2001 (?) i begun collecting all old & new clips... so it was when yuko starting hosting Hellomoni i started to 4 in luv wif her.. lol...
damn.... and those old clips where she got pissed & yelled at pple... tt was so entertaining.. + somehow during the 1999-2001 time she reminded me of a butch.. :sweatdrop:
======
anyway maki is still somewhere around the top of the list of H!P members i like.. but not so high up... kamei as been slowly climbing up...

oops.. scuse the shitload i typed.. heh :blackeye
中澤裕子~私が思う、こんな女~

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 01:57:40 PM »
... Hmm, must've been when I first got "addicted" to MoMusu. I was watching a random PV I just downloaded, "Koko ni Iruzee" or "Souda! We're Alive" can't really remember... Let's say both.  :wink: Well, I watched through the PVs once... And then decided to watch them again, but this time focusing on the one who appealed to me the most - Takahashi! "What a cutie!". That smile of her's can cause natural disasters... Even the glaciers would melt! Yeah, and then it just flowed I guess.... I officially became an Ai-chan fanboy after Sakuragumi's debut with Hare Ame Nochi Suki. <3

Lately.... Eri has been the one making me all hot inside, too.  :shock:  I'm guessing I'm not the only one.... *goes to watch MM Documents*

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 06:22:48 PM »
Haha, I didn't think I'd get bored so soon, but here I am again...

Miki. I think I've always liked Miki. When I heard her solo album she became one of my favourites instantly. And now she's already in top 3. :D

Risa... I didn't like her at first because I thought her smile was creepy, kind of like those singing kids in the Suicide Club. However, I liked her performance in the first Momusu concert I saw and decided to like her, but too bad I somehow forgot about her for quite some time after that. When she cut her bangs I remembered her existance (the bangs thread I read at JPM was the first thread I read there, haha) and realized she would be great for my favourite member: not too perfect so that there would be room for improving and not too popular so I wouldn't feel like "just another Takahashi fan" or something. Besides, I've adored her voice since the first time I heard her sing. So yeah. It's just too bad I'm a horny young woman, so Miki is now my favourite Momusu member. I don't think I'll ever look at Risa "that way", she's more like a little sister type of idol.

...I've still got plenty left lalala :P

Offline Yoshitsune

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 06:47:14 PM »
mine? is gocchin, (im a lazy person, so i dun really like to type that much) my bro dled some random pv (RR21) of MM on some Gocchin site, and he told me that, that girl is very cute, so check it out, so i turn it on, right at the moment Gocchin got my eyes as i turn it on, i was like that girl is hot! but i wasnt that into her, i dun remember wat happen, i started to dig her and could never turn back, so now im deeply in luv w/her hahahahaha but since gocchin was in mm b4, i watched a lot of mm clips and i fell in luv with Rika the same way im in luv w/Gocchin now hehehehe  :lol:

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 07:03:50 PM »
Mine love at first sight was in 2000. Yuko in Renai Revolution 21.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 07:04:04 PM »
Mad props to Shirenu, this is a great thread :thumbsup

Rika made me a Hello! Project fan. And it really was love at first sight. Back in 2001 or 2002 somebody sent me an mp3 of Max's Ride On Time. I thought it was a funny and cute song so i decided to do some research. I ended up downloading a bunch of jpop PVs: Max, Hamasaki and even couple of H!P videos. Unfortunately the only Morning Musume video i got was a live perf of Happy Summer Wedding. I hated it then and i still can't stand it. When i saw the perf i was like "what is this annoying lil girl choir?" and ignored them. It actually made me hate Morning Musume because i thought that all their songs were annoying and that they really were a bunch of little girls. Boy, was i wrong. Anyway i did enjoy some of the PVs and later found out about JPM. At first i tried to avoid all Morning Musume threads but for some odd reason i downloaded a bunch of legendary Ayaka's English Lessons. Once i saw this episode i finally saw the light: http://rapidshare.de/files/847123/ayaka_english_w_rika_-_english_skillz_20020624_bk2.wmv.html
I fell in love with Rika instantly. She was the prettiest and cutest girl i had ever seen and it was so funny to see her trying to memorize the phrase Ayaka gave her.
And when she got it right i was all  :) :love:
After that i totally ignored everything else and started checking out all Morning Musume related threads at JPM. I also went thru the videos i had downloaded earlier and realized that i already had two PVs with Rika: Country Musume's Sexy Baby and 3nin Matsuri. And i have never been the same again. Rika is still my fav member and without her this forum wouldn't even exist  :)
(however i also blame Rika for making me more perverted  :D )

Damn you Miki, always forcing me to pimp you. So Miki is my 2nd fav member and i like her almost as much as Rika. However with Miki it wasn't love at first sight. Which means that i don't really have any funny stories about becoming a Miki fanboy. I liked her Romantic Ukare Mode single and she looked great in Gomattou so i started liking her. And once she joined MM she slowly started to grow on me. And nowadays i totally wanna be her bitch  :whip:
There's just something magical about Miki. She doesn't have the greatest body ever but that girl got ATTITUDE. And i just can't get enough of her  :)

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 07:23:13 PM »
When I started watching HM, the first girls that caught my attention were the 3rd-4th gen girls, mainly because of their characters in the show. Then later, it was Ai-chan, coz she looked like a kitten. :P The girls who've always been my favourites from the start are Ai-chan, Rika and Yossie. When I first posted at JPM, I was "in love" with Ai-chan because of her singing in Hare, Ame, Nochi, Suki. It lasted for a while until Sakura/Otome's 2nd singles when I found out how boring Sakura girls were and how hot Rika'd been looking (the Otome girls are also much more fun). :P Rika's been my No.1 ever since.

Oh, yeah, and Rika became my fav because I read her interview from Tsunku x MM and found out that she was just like me. And I like me. A lot. So...

Offline Levin

• Tae Yeon<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 08:34:48 PM »
Hah, mine was far from love at first site.  I remember seeing them on Hey!x3.  I went to some sites and looked at all of their profiles and pics.  I saw Yossi and was like, "Uh... she's a bit weird and scary-looking," since she doesn't look like the rest.  She stood out so it was easy for me to remember her name.  Yeah, so I decided to find out more about her and started liking her more and more.

Offline kraygk

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 03:38:13 AM »
Hah i woudnt say love at first sight but for sure, ive been hard core rika fan since the begining.  Which is kinda a long time ago.  I first noticed mm while they just debuted, and on Heyx3 Matsumoto made asuka cry, but i generally ignore them.  But who really stood out was Kaori.  i didnt know her name at all but i happened to catch their first performance of tnapopo on that show, and she was so tall spacy and said the wierdest stuff. I didnt know japanese at the time but just her super serious face as they were obviously teasing her cracked me up.  So i decided to check a bit more about this mm, manatsu no kousen (still a fav) was one of the first songs i caught, but then furusato came and ugh hearing nacchi warble live singing this song made me cringe.  And then seeing them on 1998 kouhaku siniging daite hold on me, i thought god this group is HORRIBLE! So i knew about them but generally ignored them.

Then maki came on and LOVE MACHINE was a huge hit, and it was hard to ignore them, and hell that was such a catchy song.  But after awhile i just kinda got out of mm and japanese music on the whole.  Koi no dance site was kinda bleh and up to this point even though i found kaori the most hillarious was an ayappe fan so when she got knocked up and left i just ingored them again.  But I mean i cacth their shows sometimes like pucchi moni, but i generally didnt know all their names or who they were.

I heard they got like 4 new members and I thought woah they are NUTS!  And i saw when they first came out and I didnt pay much attention.  ANd i saw some stuff like I WISH, and happy summer wedding, but again for me they were pretty under the radar.  But then by chance I caught the Record Taisho awards for 2000 and I saw rika singing I WISH, and i thought wow who is that girl shes SUPER DARK (compared to the other girls at them time)  and she was dancing really well, though she was in the side corner not really in the front she had alot of energy and I noticed her the whole way through.  THen suddenly near te end of the song they did a close up of her and she flashed a huge smile and i thought "wow she has the best smile"  For some reason im not sure but it was kinda refreshing?  It really just made my smile unconciously.
   So after that I looked through all my tapes (cuz sometimes id randomly tape heyx3)  And found an otome no pasta ni kandou perf and i heard rika sing, i was like ouch!  And i also saw some clips from when their first apperaed and they made fun of rikas voice, i couldnt belive her voice.  And after that I went on the dancing love site (which i was kinda a member cuz i joined just to find out kaoris name, but i never posted any topics) and started participating more in the boards, and i even started downloading stuff.  And generally got really into japanese music all over again.
   So till now ive been a rika fan and will be till the very end.  ANd even though i was a mm fan i honestly still didnt even make that big of an effort to learn their names or anything, i really was more of a rika fan than an mm fan.  And there isnt really another member i could say i even like 1/100 that which i like rika.

Though alot of peopel hate rikas fake cute  (including me) and there are tons of stuff about rika which are irritating.  I like alot about her, her competitiveness, her unfailing ability to try her hardest, hoer profressionalism, and how she tries her best even when everyone says shes sucks at it, i also feel sorry for her failings, her obvious detachment from reality (a normal human being would be able to recognize when someone is irritated by your fake cute) and how she lives in a place where its encouraged.  But ill always be a rika fan for now and forever because yeah she got me back into japanese music and into japanese stuff period, and its probaly changed alot about me.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 11:15:19 AM »
Quote from: Masashi
Mad props to Shirenu, this is a great thread :thumbsup

I'm glad you like it :lol:

Well, I'm bored again, so I guess I'll write about more people. I get bored a lot, don't I...

Yossi is a weird case as far as I'm concerned. She has had to come a long way to become one of my favourites, and I'm still not always sure what to think about her. There are some things about her that make me go crazy about her, such as her eyes, voice and attitude. If I knew her in real life, I'd sooo have a huge crush on her (she's actually a lot like my first real crush, only she was much weirder than Yossi). But then there are also some turn-offs that I wouldn't mind in real life, but bother me on tv. Like the way she sometimes does silly expressions or voices, bulges her eyes and stuff, I can't stand it (whether impersonating someone or just trying to be funny). She is funny in skits, though. So, well... I count Yossi now as one of my favourites, but it seems to depend on the day. Sometimes she's just so freaky I don't want to care about her, sometimes I see some really awesome side about her and want to love her forever. Hmm.

Takahashi is such a champion. She was one of my faves at first, I guess, since it's really easy for a newbie to love someone who is both pretty and talented. But then I got to know the personalities of other girls more, and Takahashi got kicked aside. I started to find her boring, although didn't really mind having her around because she was so talented. Then, hmm... I think it was indeed her talent that won me over in the end. The Best of Japan concert in particular impressed me. I also don't find her boring anymore, but still the main reason I like her is her talent. When listening to Momusu songs every time I hear her voice I wish she could get solo material. I'm craving to hear more of her voice and to see her on stage at least in a smaller group than Momusu.

Offline Deviruchi

• Miki Freak
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 01:31:07 PM »
Mine is Maki on Renai Revolution 21.
I was SPEED's fan at that time, and i was waiting for any Ex-SPEED solo PV's on Channel V.
Then RR21 was played, and the first thing that came up on my mind "What kind of song is this, looks like a Para Para song"
10  girls dancing together in a PV, it wasn't normal for me. So i changed the channel. 4 minutes past, i changed the channel back, and i saw Maki on close up. BOOM!!!!! So Cuteeeeeee :oops: (It was also the first time i knew about MM).  I was Maki's fan from the time i saw her on RR21, until she cut her hair and use extension hair :thumbsdown Boo...

and the second one is Miki on Roman~My Dear Boy~ perf (MS). She was just PERFECT!!!!  :heart:  :love:  Her face, voice, clothes, dance, e v e r y t h i n g  :evil:
Then i'm starting to focus on her everytime i watch every MM perfs & shows.
Again I  :heart: e v e r y t h i n g  :evil: Specially the Attitude :twisted:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005, 10:34:02 PM »
I first became a fan of MM just before 6th gen joined.  The fact that I'm really lousy with names and faces made it so that I didn't realize that the group had grown when 6th gen. joined until about 3-4 months AFTER it happened.  I hate to say it but for the longest time I had a bad case of the "they all look the same to me"-itis.  I know, I know, I suck.

Anyway, this was before Nacchi graduated (she was the first one I was able to recognize without having to think about it).  I had already been finding myself falling hard for her.  Then during one of their perfs (can't remember which song), I noticed that one of the other girls sorta looked like Nacchi.  They both had big, powerful voices and both had similar hairstyles.  When I finally figured out that it was a different person altogether, THAT'S when I fell for Miki.  :w00t:

Now I'm proud to say that in my dreams I'm stuck in the middle of an "N-M-M" sandwich (Nacchi-Myself-Miki)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Vikitty

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 11:32:39 PM »
Mine is rather boring - like many, Mr Moonlight ~ai no BIG BAND~ was the first time I saw Yossi featured in a video. It was love at first sight.

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 02:37:21 AM »
I was a Matsu Takako fan and X Japan fan back in the day, and finally found a very good jpop pv site (was it jpopextreme? I only remember the blue and white color theme of the site) to get some jpop fix.  Then I downloaded the RR21 pv coz mm already a well known idol group in asia and I've heard of them a couple times already on HK newspaper, i just want to see what makes them special.  Bamn, the next thing i know is long hair Nacci is the hottest girl i've ever seen in my life, and most of the members are cute and pretty too.......even kei looks good in that pv.  From that moment on, I am so fucking hooked..........

Offline tedsuism

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2005, 08:21:52 AM »
the peace is the first music video from momusu that i watched n souda were alive is the first music from them that i listened to ... but i start my love to MM after i watch some episodes of hello morning n utaban .... n damn kago n tsuji are super cute and also abe natsumi so freakin pretty n cute ....

Offline Redturtle

• Taro Lover, Strawberry Hater
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 03:31:41 AM »
The first MoMusu performance I downloaded was Ai Araba on PJ. I laughed my ass off because I thought they were so silly. Somehow I noticed the tall girl in pink who seems more mature than others, and I feel sympathetic for her. I started doing some research and found out her name's Kaori, she's the leader and has never been popular. Aww. Apparently I didn't notice Yossi, coz back then in Ai Araba she had like one yelling line and the camera went by so quick.

Shit happened and I couldn't take my eyes off this kiddy group after some weeks. I began to download their old PVs and do research on them. The first bunch of PVs I watched were I WISH, RR21 and The Peace. Somehow I noticed there's a really, really cute girl with big eyes and looks like a mix. The Peace was a turn-on for me, coz Yossi was just so damn cute in the PV. So darn cute. So darn cute...... my life has never been the same again.

So yea, it wasn't the boyish, cool factor that got me hooked up at first sight. It was actually the cuteness. :lol: Pretty weird, ne?

Offline T-chan

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 04:48:36 AM »
Quote from: kdlite
Mine is rather boring - like many, Mr Moonlight ~ai no BIG BAND~ was the first time I saw Yossi featured in a video. It was love at first sight.

Same here... why is always the same story???

Offline IcePrincess

• suitechicstyle
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 01:52:53 PM »
I saw AI NO TANE PV and Nacchi stood out because I thought she was really cute.

I was really bothered by Kaori for some reason, I think it was her expression in the PV, she looked kinda pissed off or something. So unfortunately, she became my least favorite in the beginning . However, once I saw more of her on shows and such, I started to like her a lot ^^

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Flip - Sing