JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Precious

Author Topic: How do wotas of one member do it?  (Read 8608 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
How do wotas of one member do it?
« on: July 08, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »
 :lol:

OK so my problem is.. No matter how hard I try, I can't choose just one girl to support. :lol: I think it would make things much easier and maybe even more fun to have a top favourite, but I can't do it. Even when I can narrow it down to "my favourite MM member", "my favourite Berryz member", "my favourite MM-line member", "my favourite S/mileage member", I can't choose JUST ONE of those to support. I like everyone!!! I can't help it :D

So those of you fans who clearly have ONE top favourite... What do you do about all the other members? Even if you have one favourite you can support more than one girl, right? Does it make you feel weird if you love more than one girl, and say, even if your top favourite member is Risako you want to go to a C-ute concert very badly as well? Is there any conflict??

I think I'm just overanalyzing this but still, I'd appreciate some insight :D

TELL ME YOUR STORY!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: How do wotas of one member do it?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:38:12 AM »
I'll be honest I started off as a one member wota and pretty much just obsess but eventually got used to with people just saying about their favorite members and just had to jump to others.

I think the thing is just everything she does makes them go giddy without thinking idk
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:46:40 AM »
I tend to stick to just one member, because with so many girls to choose from it gets very chaotic xD;;; I try to single out a favourite from each of the groups that interest me, but it seems I keep coming back to MoMusu, that's what got me into this madness in the first place, so I guess I feel a special connection with them that I don't have with any of the other groups.

... also my wallet would scream at me if I tried to obsessively support each member equally @_@;;

This doesn't mean that I don't care about the other girls, I would be thrilled to see them in concert or what have you, but I've always been the kind of person to find one favourite and stick to that xD;;;

Though thinking about it, I guess I do have more than one favourite that I support... but Yossi will always be #1! Haha xD;

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 10:58:30 AM »
I'm with shi! People always tell me I "have too many girls"... why? Why do I have too many girls, can't I love them all?
When I FIRST got into H!P, Ai was certainly my #1. I would only watch PVs etc if she was in them lol and I watched sooooo many vids of her, but thats coz I took notice of her individually. Once I actually got into the group as a whole and started learning about more girls, things changed. Each of my faves satisfy a different desire/need/interest I have so they are all equally my #1 on different levels.
Like shi said, once you narrow it down to fave in each group, then what? Sure I SAY Ai is my #1 fave, but thats only coz I liked her first & wouldn't be here without her & overall I like MM best out of H!P groups, but I can't genuinely say I am more a fan of her than I am Risako. They are my faves in their respective groups for different reasons, how can I really compare?

Offline lilcazza

• Member+
  • ~♥-.YoshizawaHitomi.-♥~
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 01:49:06 PM »
I dunno if I'm obvious about it enough but...
YOSSY ONLY!!!

I just know of the others... okay I dun even know the kids properly...
And the only eggs I know were the ones in Ongaku Gatas.

I wouldnt spend excessive money for anyone else apart from Yossy.
If MM had a concert in AUS, I'd go just cos they'd actually be a damn Japanese band/singer doing something here xD
But if I was in Japan and MM had a concert then, I wouldnt go.

If I had the money and Yossy had a concert somewhere across the world, I'd go.
For others that I like, for example Miki... I wouldnt go that far xD

As for following the news and all...
I know everything thats happening with Yossy. I check stuff regularly... like crazily... like more than once a day xD
And of course I recently started a blog thats pretty much just for Yossy.

So pretty much only Yossy for me.
The others are generally always with her so I'd know ABOUT them but nothing more xD

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »
I'm with shi! People always tell me I "have too many girls"... why? Why do I have too many girls, can't I love them all?
When I FIRST got into H!P, Ai was certainly my #1. I would only watch PVs etc if she was in them lol and I watched sooooo many vids of her, but thats coz I took notice of her individually. Once I actually got into the group as a whole and started learning about more girls, things changed. Each of my faves satisfy a different desire/need/interest I have so they are all equally my #1 on different levels.
Like shi said, once you narrow it down to fave in each group, then what? Sure I SAY Ai is my #1 fave, but thats only coz I liked her first & wouldn't be here without her & overall I like MM best out of H!P groups, but I can't genuinely say I am more a fan of her than I am Risako. They are my faves in their respective groups for different reasons, how can I really compare?

I wrote a whole hell-load of tl;dr about this topic but lollipopgirl basically said it in less words.  :sweatdrop:

Twissie is also right in that some wota might pick just one girl to support for the sake of their wallets.

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »
For me it's like Momochi is on a delusional level. No matter what happens, she's the best~ she gets most attention. She'll always be preferred.
Then there are Berryz members, they're above all other H!P members in general but their ranking is less fixed and more depending on actual quality (as in singing good lines, having good moves, being entertaining, looks). However they have bonus points so if they don't perform very well it's usually still better or at least about as good as other groups member.

C-ute and MM are almost the same in that kind of "ranking" though I care more about C-ute than MM but I can just "have fun" with them for the time being.
With them it's simply not the same, I have less motivation to follow them, less motivation to watch stuff with them and since I can't afford it much anymore barely any motivation to spend money for them.

Of course I don't really have a points system etc. but if I had to describe it that's closest to what it is like for me.

Some people argue that a one-person wota is only a one-person wota if you for example sit down during the concert when your favorite isn't on stage and singing and that you'll basically ignore all other. So you'll be DD (daredemo daisuki) wota if you don't do it like that.
Despite the fact that being DD wota is also ok; in my opinion you can have an overall favorite and still cheer for others on a certain level.
The only thing that bugs me I think is when people rather choose their favorites according to what's cool to have as favorite on that day (and act as if that favorite is just the one while you know it'll change the other day).

I might add that I'm not a momo wota just for fun but it's a feeling. What I mean to say is, it'll probably not work very well to force oneself to one person if you don't feel something special for that person. If you follow groups closely for some time, maybe you'll have this feeling someday because seeing that person always makes you smile the most~
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:41:52 PM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 02:52:43 PM »
I like Reina a lot, yet I also think the chara she shows is nearly the exact opposite of my ideal image of a girl. :nervous

I support her because of what she's done, and what she's achieved with the group. Memories like that simply can't be equaled by anyone else.
And I guess a lot people also feel that way towards their #1. How they originally got interested to the group by that one member. And seen how they've progressed through the past few years.

I have no problem liking/supporting other H!P members/other groups/other JPOP artists just as much though.
Hell, I was even hoping to go to a "Johnny's" concert on my next trip. :lol:

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 01:54:10 AM »
With me, I have a lot of favorites, but I only support two people the most: Yossie and Matsubara Natsumi (from AKB48 for you slow people). With them, I pay attention to them much more than I do my other favorites. I watch all of their TV appearances (well, in Natsumi's case, she's not on TV very often, so it's not hard to keep up with her. :lol:), and if I actually had the money to buy merchandise *, it'd most likely only be of them two.

Rika and Risa are my other favorites and, while I like them a lot, I don't really pay attention to them that much. ^^; I rarely (if ever) watch their TV appearances ** and I don't care that much for having their merchandise (not to say that I wouldn't want pictures and photobooks of them and whatnot, but I'd be more inclined to buy Yossie stuff. :B). Not entirely sure why. I feel kinda bad, too, becuase it's not that I don't like them... Actually, I tend to do this to my #1 favorites in basically all of my favorite groups. :lol:

* And by merchandise, I mean pictures/photobooks. I'll buy CDs that don't have them in it, of course. Ooo, and posters. I luff posters. 8D
** That's not saying much because I don't normally watch Japanese television shows because I can't understand them. :lol:

If I had the money and Yossy had a concert somewhere across the world, I'd go.
For others that I like, for example Miki... I wouldnt go that far xD
That's how I feel about Yossie and Natsumi, too. I'd be willing to go across the world to see them (unless if I'd be bankrupt afterwards or something. XD), but not so much for my other favorites.

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 03:47:05 AM »
I tend to find a favorite from each group and stick to her; for some reason, without this it's hard for me to really...care, I guess? I'm the type of fan where I like all the idols in a group, but my favorite outshines them all. For example, I'm one of the many Rika fans on JPHiP, and whenever I watch something she's in, no matter if it's the 15nin lineup of MM she outshines the rest of them and I have to watch her. I kind of like the whole feeling of supporting a girl, being proud when she has lots of fans and anxiously wanting to help her along when she's not so popular. Also, it's a good way to watch some stuff if you only have limited time... yeah.

But yeah, I tend to pick a favorite when I like a group. Rika's my overall favorite, Mitsui Aika's my favorite in current H!P/MM, Chinami's my favorite in Berryz, Maimi's my favorite in C-ute, Oota Aika's my favorite AKB48 member, and Ayaka's my favorite in Momoiro Clover. That's not to say I don't love other members; I'm a big Yossy fan, I love everyone in MomoClo, Mikitty's wonderful, and I love all OG MM. I like all the members, but the one favorite is the one that gets your money/time, XD. For my idol collections, I basically own mostly Rika stuff with a few assorted items from others (Yossy and Aika photocards, Maimi fan, Chii PB, etc.).

Edit: I do feel guilty I have more than one favorite, though. Like, I LOVE Mitsui Aika, but I can't put that much time/effort/money into her because of Charmy. But I feel bad, because it doesn't mean I love her any less.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:32:04 AM by writerserenyty »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 06:59:45 AM »
i love all the girls that aren't TAKAHASHI AI in the same level... then my other favorite is Maimi but certainly is not close to my Aichan fandom. Guess the real answer is that i tend to avoid following the other girls and focus in just one.

What do you do about all the other members? avoid getting too much information (why do you think i have so few posts?)
Even if you have one favourite you can support more than one girl, right?  absolutely, that's what i do with Ai and Maimi... and maybe Erina
Does it make you feel weird if you love more than one girl, and say, even if your top favourite member is Risako you want to go to a C-ute concert very badly as well? Is there any conflict?? if you like C-ute as a group in general... this happens to me when is about Berryz because Maimi is favorite but i think BK have better songs... no conflict at all, fuck i can even go to a jhonnys concert if shirenu ask me

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 07:02:41 AM »
The one-member wota thing has never really made sense to me. Being primarily an AKB48 and SKE48 fan these days, the selection is larger than ever. I definitely have my top favorites, but I don't support them exclusively. There's all kinds of cool girls in all of these groups, and to me, being into a group just for one member is like buying a huge bag of Chex Mix just to eat the pretzel pieces. But that's just me. The fandom should be enjoyed, that's what it is there for. If that's by enjoying the group, awesome. If that's by supporting just your favorite, awesome. It varies from person to person. The only real advice I give to people on fandoms is: If you have to force yourself into liking it, aren't motivated by what you're doing, and/or not having fun, something is wrong. :)

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 04:05:50 PM »
I never answered these questions, so I'll do it now. :P

What do you do about all the other members? Even if you have one favourite you can support more than one girl, right?
I have no problems supporting more than one girl, I just tend to support my top favorites the most. It's not like I avoid everyone that's not my top favorites completely.

Does it make you feel weird if you love more than one girl, and say, even if your top favourite member is Risako you want to go to a C-ute concert very badly as well? Is there any conflict??
Well, my top favorite in the current H!P is Risa and C-ute's probably my favorite group, so I would have no problems going to a C-ute concert. :P Even though Gaki's my favorite, I'm actually much more inclined to go to a C-ute concert as I prefer C-ute over Morning Musume, despite Gaki being my favorite (current) H!P member. Like I said, I don't support one person exclusively, so I don't have any problems going to concerts that don't feature my favorites. 'Course, Chisato's my second favorite H!P member, so that's another reason why I'd want to go to a C-ute concert. 8D However, if Yossie was doing an Ongaku Gatas concert, I'd be more likely to go that one (if I could only go to one concert). Plus it's got Rika, too, and I like her more than the the C-ute members. :B

---

All of this makes me feel sorta bad for only really paying attention to my top two. I have a lot of favorites that I'd like to pay more attention to (like Rika, Risa, and my other top AKB favorites), but I usually don't because I'm lazy. D: XD I'll try to make more of an effort to pay attention to them instead of only Yossie and Natsumi. :3

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
Hell I so wanted to post here but too much work & broken forum... T__T

So, I can tell that besides of my wotattitude for (you know who) and (you know who too)... I confess I kinda love & support every girl of every band.

Yes.
 (well, some of them much lesser, in fact, but keep in mind that seeing them in live can make yourself changing your mind too)

I remember that japanese wotas were quite surprised about me telling them I LOVE EBERI BODI, while chattin' with them.  :lol:
Yes, I like every BerryZ girl.
And every °C-ute girl.
And every S/mileage girl.
And every Momu, wait, not that much, in fact  XD

What do you do about all the other members ?
My last BK concert was A FUCKING DILEMMA ! Every girl was soooo cute, soooo talented... HELL ! And I had to deal with my Momochi love... and the others, too.
It was hard... but there's some priority in life, so Momo & Miya were my #1 priority ! XD
Pro-tip : when those two girls you support so much are singing a song together, it's heaven on earth.

Even if you have one favourite you can support more than one girl, right ?
Damn yes !   :panic:

Does it make you feel weird if you love more than one girl, and say, even if your top favourite member is Risako you want to go to a C-ute concert very badly as well ? Is there any conflict ??
No because my heart is a big one, you know !  :heart:

H!P > all, FTW  8)2
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:47:59 PM by Wonderboy »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 07:13:49 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, it's interesting to read them ^__^

I guess this was bothering me because I felt that other fans would view me as "wishywashy" if I didn't have a clear favourite. Like Wonderboy said about Japanese wotas, I feel that a majority of them are clearly wotas of one girl, so when/if they ask for my favourite I feel all weird and I don't know what to say. :lol: Like I almost feel ashamed that I'm not a wota of one girl. LOL

But at least I think I've now been able to come up with a list of who my favourite in each group is. :lol: So if I went to a Berryz concert I could say 'Momo', if I went to a S/mileage one I could say 'Kanon', etc. :lol: But if I went to a H!P concert, I'd be screwed. HAHA
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 08:20:37 PM »
I honestly don't think you'll be screwed, you'll just die of happiness because of seeing all of your favorite girls in the same time, well, at least that's how I'll react...   :lol:

By the way, I love Airi very much, because of °C-ute, because of Buono!, because of her being so funny & catchy & adorable but when I saw her with Chisato, my heart truly spoke and I was only praising Chisa a lot, so, I guess in case of emergency, your true feeling will show up ah ah XD

I recognize the fact that somehow I find life is quite a mess because of all of those nice people I just don't know and will never meet though...
So, yes, H!P is also a way to ... "secure" this kind of feeling.

In another way, Idol is really thinked in a religious way, I guess, in Japan. Maybe it's more easy... and secure for some people to just love ONE girl... ?

Hell, I don't know if I'm clear enough, lol.
Damn french wine  :P

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 06:06:19 AM »
But if I went to a H!P concert, I'd be screwed. HAHA
guesss is fair to say that luckilly you are not in to akb too much... that would be really troublesome... or maybe not, i don't know XD

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 06:31:05 AM »

my shirt, pants and headband were loaded with Konno Asami pictures.

How do you become a fan of 1 girl?? Japanese fans have an advantage over us overseas fans, they can see their idols more often and have access to better events than us. Handshake events, Gatas public practices, dinners, etc.

I became a Konno only fan after I went to a public practice and we locked eyes for a good 5 seconds *I was in the 1st row at the time, close to the goal post, so I know we were looking at eachother :P* It's things like that, the connection we feel that makes up root for that 1 girl. Most of the time, watching PV shows all of the girls at once, but moments like those, when your at a concert, gatas practice or where ever, and your up close and personal and can watch who you want to watch, and not have to watch who the camera focuses on that does it for the Wota I think. If your a Rika fan, you can watch her the entire concert if your there in person and see everything she does and not have to watch someone else on the DVD when you watch overseas, they tend to focus on thee members equallywhen they do it.

That's my story anyway, Konno and I locked eyes and I felt a connection to her right away, from then on, I focused on her only at concerts and from that moment on. I felt our connection was better from that locking eyes moment, compared to getting GLARED at by Miki Fujimoto at the same practice, I actually felt scared of her after that......

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 09:15:53 AM »
^
I talked to an euro fellow @ Hachioji ground this year and you're totally right, Tyler : that holy moment when there's eye-contact between the singer and us is A*W*E*S*O*M*E and can change your life.

I had this with Koharu last year... and it's incredible to live, even if Koha wasn't my favorite.
I had this with Chisa this year... and I guess I'm still on my little cloud  XD
The guy had this with Maimai... and confess it was something absolutely intense.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 11:27:53 AM »
I think I'm just overanalyzing this but still, I'd appreciate some insight :D

TELL ME YOUR STORY!!!

That's a great question shirenu!

Let me tell you how I do it, and how I maintain my extreme loyalty to my ONE and ONLY TOP FAVORITE!!

It's hard NOT to like everybody that is so true...being the open minded, sweet girl that you are, you gotta hand it to em, they forego school and a normal life to be thrust in the spotlight and entertain the masses from age 0-100. Even the "normal" ones and the kids, how can one hold resentment to em? The fuck did they do to you?

The secret is to take your favorite and relate HER to other girls in Hello! Project. You'll see the relationships with them and admire her EVEN MORE while enjoying the rest!

Everything that is Hello! Project revolves around my favorite girl. From the music, to the behind the scenes shenangians. I really follow (to a lesser extent compared to my fave) Aibutt, Eri, 4th Gen, Saito Hitomi, Maki, Nacchi, Ayumi Shibata but they GET BETTER just by being associated with my fave girl. She just brings out the best in them, for example - Ai-chan and Eri just LIGHT UP when they mention her name. The kids just worship her and strive to grow up to be like her. Jokes during talk shows have to be made about her to make things more livelier. She defines pairings with the special non manufactured relationships that involve dinner dates, birthday gifts, special text messages and other behind the scenes tidbits. HER loyalty and respect for seniors and juniors is like no other.

It also helps my favorite is a staunch H!P company girl, whenever pressed to ask what music they like she will always rattle off H!P artists. You can often see her behind the scenes at Berryz or Morning Musume concerts and plays. So whenever I watch H!P acts do their thang (PBs, singing, dancing, comedy) I go "She influenced em fo sho sho" or "She approves" :yep:

Also helps if my top favorite is SUPER POSITIVE, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SEE HER, FAP AT EVERY PIC/VIDEO THAT CUMS OUT, ULTIMATE ROLE MODEL, INSPIRATION OF :hipheart:

THE ONE AND ONLY ISHIKAWA RIKA!! 梨華ちゃん最高! :rikabunny

Of course I'm biased, but there's method to my madness :lol: Forget that I invested a ton of money on her merch and to see her in person, but when you build a site with your best homies so we can talk about her ass in peace; overcoming haters, negative fools, and front runners; influencing a new crop of members to be Rika fans and interacting with Japanese wota in real life and from 2ch, which was so refreshing to know they're just like us; and finally her positive attitude and work ethic has influenced my own life while giving me inspiration to breathe her methods into JPH!P which in turn inspires others, like damn Rika is just too awesome and will always be my #1 girl. daigong loyalty to Rika will always be as strong as Day One, if not more so.

JPHiPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :jphip: :otomerika:

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Precious