JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cecil - Super Shomin Car

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 346639 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
So apparently after RAW went off the air yesterday there was a dark match (i.e. a match that happens at an televised event which does not get included in the TV broadcast) between Y2J and Edge, which the latter won via DQ. Y2J picks up the mic and starts going on a rant...and well, you'll see.

:lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
^
That was a good one. XD
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
I was a little upset that HBK didn't mention Marty Jannetty at all during that speech.  I wouldn't have cared if they didn't show him getting thrown through Brutus' Barbershop window back in January of 1992, but they showed the footage.  Ah well.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
Shouldn't have read this thread, made me realise I am behind XD
HBK lost to The Undertaker?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
So Jack Swagger cashed in his "Money In The Bank" and is now the new World Champ.

That's got to be the fastest we've seen it get used after the WrestleMania event.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
^
I think something was up with Jericho, not too sure what.
At PWTorch.com, I believe it was in regards to jury duty and he had got selected, or some such.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
^
Nope. According to Jericho's Twitter, that was just an April Fool's joke.
http://twitter.com/iamjericho

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Chris Kanyon reportedly dies at age 40

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

The Torch learned overnight and Prowrestling.net confirms this morning that former WWE and WCW wrestler Chris Kanyon (real name Christopher Klucsaritis) died on Friday as a result of an apparent overdose due to prescription pills. Klucsaritis was 40-years-old.

Klucsaritis, who is most-known for his work as Mortis and Chris Kanyon in WCW, last worked on national TV for WWE during the early 2000s before being released from the company in 2004.

Klucsaritis garnered headlines in 2006 by announcing he was openly gay. He first announced his "Chris Kanyon" character was gay to create publicity, then announced he was gay personally. (Read the background on the story.)

We'll continue to monitor the story this weekend and publish more details once they are confirmed.

Condolences to the family. :prayers:
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
R.I.P.
:prayers:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Wrestlers remember Chris Kanyon after his death on Friday

Several former colleagues of Chris Kanyon (Christopher Klucsaritis) posted messages on Twitter today remembering Kanyon, who reportedly died at the age of 40 yesterday after a drug overdose.

The following are two detailed messages from former WCW colleague Billy Kidman and Matt Jackson a/k/a Max Buck in TNA. The Jackson brothers booked Kanyon for shows in California a few years ago when they ran their own independent promotion.

Former WWE/WCW wrestler Billy Kidman: "Saddened by the loss of my best friend...I've known him for almost 15yrs & we've been there for one another through thick & thin, we've both had demons & dealt with them together, and I love him like a brother...RIP Chris I will forever & always miss & love you & cherish the time we had together."

Young Buck Matt Jackson (Max Buck in TNA): "Just heard the very sad news about Chris Kanyon. I'm absolutely shocked. I knew him personally and spoke with him for several yrs now. While he had his troubles, I do believe ultimately that he was a good man. We spoke to each other about Christ, battling depression and how he struggled with being bi-polar. Sorry Chris. I wish I could of helped. God bless you. Rest in peace."

Former WWE/WCW wrestler The Hurricane Gregory Helms: "RIP Chris Kanyon. He was a good guy that helped a LOT of people in this biz. He struggled with a lot of problems though. It's a sad day."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Not mine, but I thought it made sense when I saw it. :P

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, Lance Storm critical of the TNA product for different reasons

Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, and Lance Storm have all weighed in on the polarizing TNA product over the last 24 hours, with Storm coming out the harshest against TNA, saying he's done watching the show.

-- Storm said the final straw for him was not his opinion of the product, but the chair shot to the head delivered by Homicide on Rob Terry during Monday night's show.

"Yes they have done chair shots to the head before, and they bothered me then too, but this one was different; this unprotected chair shot to the head came just 2 days after Chris Kanyon’s suicide death and I just couldn’t stomach it. I know there will be defenders out there that will want to argue that Chris Kanyon’s depression that led to his suicide has not been determined to as a result of concussions he suffered due to chair shots to the head, but that is just a cop out, in my opinion," Storm said said in his online commentary on StormWrestling.com.

"How the people in charge of TNA can be either this insensitive or this oblivious is beyond me. Now I’m not saying that this one instance has sealed the fate of young Rob Terry or that TNA has sentenced him to death, but there are many roads one can travel on in life and we all know where this particular road leads. Rob Terry and TNA together have very willingly chosen a very dangerous road to go down, and it is a journey I refuse to witness or support."

-- Jim Ross was asked about Storm's commentary and Storm's position opposed to TNA. Ross responded on jrsbarbq.com: "I have not read his blogs lately but I enjoy his passion and his candor. I'm sure that some people thought TNA was just fine Monday night. Others obviously did not. Same old story. We all see things on many wrestling shows that we would change in hindsight."

Ross's rather diplomatic response in the Q&A section of his website was softer than the veiled shot he took at TNA over-complicating matches on Impact, which was one of the key complaints on the show.

"For the record, if a TV pro wrestling scenario has to be explained multiple times to get the viewership to at least partially understand the concept then it is too convoluted. I'm just saying," Ross said in his latest blog on Tuesday.

-- Last night on Twitter, Paul Heyman focused on the senseless booking of Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam, who he helped mold into a top star in the Original ECW.

"To answer all the questions, I will not be blogging on last night's TNA Impact. What am I going to say that has not been said already?"

One minute later, Heyman said: "Okay, I can't resist. How many times can u beat up RVD and Jeff Hardy and not give them a 'revenge-minded' interview afterwards? Heels beat up babyfaces. Babyfaces swear revenge. People tune in. Holy s---! The formula is not that f'n complicated, people!"

Heyman continued: "I don't want any1 to think I am saying I know it all. I DON'T KNOW IT ALL. I still have a lot to learn. I don't know how to grow hair on top of my head. I don't know how to get six pack abs."

"BUT I KNOW THAT IF A HEEL BEATS UP A POPULAR BABYFACE, THEN BABYFACE NEEDS A CHANCE TO PROMOTE THE TIME AND PLACE OF THE BABYFACE'S REVENGE." 
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Bret Hart blogs on joining WWE's European Tour, endorses Sheamus & Drew McIntyre

Bret Hart published a new blog on his official Facebook page reflecting on his memories of working in Europe ahead of playing the part of ringside enforcer during WWE's European Tour.

Hart covered memories in cities like Berlin, Dublin, Glasgow, and Sheffield where WWE will be touring and Hart will be appearing.

Hart recalled WWE head Vince McMahon telling him that WWE hasn't recovered in Germany since he left the company after Survivor Series 1997.

"Berlin, I really had some terrific matches there. I hope that my German fans will come out for what could be my last time ever," Hart said. "I recall Vince McMahon telling me once 'that Germany has never come back since you left in '97.'"

Hart also gave shout-outs to old & new European wrestlers in WWE he's "come to have respect for," including Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Finlay, William Regal, and Katie Lea Burchill.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Million Dollar Man" cuts a promo on Ultimate Warrior, glad he wasn't at Hall of Fame

"Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, this year's WWE Hall of Fame 'main eventer,' says he's glad Ultimate Warrior was not added to the Hall of Fame class because he doesn't believe Warrior deserved the recognition.

"I'm glad he wasn't there. I'm glad he wasn't there because he's somebody I don't particularly care for, and quite frankly, he was somebody who got a big push," DiBiase said the Monday Night Mayhem radio show this week. "He's one of those guys that has never really appreciated what was done for him."

DiBiase said there are wrestlers who have done well in the wrestling business that were lacking in some area, but DiBiase believes Warrior is undeserving of recognition because he could only have a good match if he was led by another wrestler and he was never able to lead another wrestler to a good match.

"So the fact that he wasn't called on doesn't bother me at all. I thought that since he lived out in that area (Phoenix), I thought that could have happened, and quite honestly, it would have been a very tense backstage environment if he and I were together," DiBiase said.

"He's one of those guys who has been given so much in terms of an opportunity in our industry, who even to this day doesn't appreciate it, and I don't know for the life of me who he thinks he is."

Also in the interview, DiBiase said he's open to more cameo appearances on WWE TV to work an angle with his son, Ted DiBiase, Jr., but he believes DiBiase is ready to branch out on his own.

"Whenever the company calls on me, and they want me to make a cameo appearance, and if they would like me to do something more on a regular basis, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it," DiBiase said. "I think when you look at the roster and the guys that are there, it's time. It's time for them to start stepping up a notch, and we'll just see how it goes."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Rey Mysterio says he wants to retire in 3 years, talks 30-day suspension, starring in movie

WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio says he would like to retire on a big stage in three years, which could be WrestleMania 29 similar to Shawn Michaels retiring at WrestleMania 26 this year.

I plan to take three years to announce my retirement in a historic event," Mysterio told mediotiempo.com in Mexico. Mysterio added that when he retires, his body will "thank him for not exploiting it anymore" after so many injuries and operations so he can devote himself to his wife and kids.

Mysterio also talked about his 30-day Wellness Policy suspension in 2009 being "cleared up" with the proper documentation after his suspension. He said his body needed the time off, but he was emotionally distraught about his image possibly being hurt.

Mysterio also said he would like to follow in the line of Lucha wrestlers who have starred in movies, saying there have been talks of a potential movie in the next one-to-two years to fulfill a dream he's had "for a long time.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Two more Raw guest hosts announced, including guest host for final Raw from Pittsburgh's Igloo

WWE revealed tonight that reality TV star Flava Flav and legendary comedian Jon Lovitz will guest host WWE Raw episodes in May.

Flava Flav will guest-host the final Raw TV from the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh on May 10 before the building is torn down.

Lovitz will guest-host the May 24 Raw the night after the Over the Limit PPV.

The updated guest-hosting list through the next-to-last week in May is as follows.

-- April 12: David Hasselhoff

-- April 19: Cast of MacGruber

-- April 26: TBA for three-hour Draft show

-- May 3: Wayne Brady

-- May 10: Flava Flav

-- May 17: TBA

-- May 24: Jon Lovitz

-- May 31: Memorial Day Raw from Austin TBA
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Former TNA writer heavily criticizes TNA's creative effort, points to declining ratings as evidence it's not working

Former TNA writer/agent Dutch Mantell says he believes TNA doesn't understand its audience and the current creative team has an arrogant attitude that it's the fault of the audience for not understanding the product as ratings have declined.

"I don’t think they know their audience. In their eyes, if you don’t understand it, it’s not the writing, it’s you," Mantell told Mike Mooneyham of the Charleston Post & Courier newspaper. "The joke seems to be on them."

Mantell's comments come on the heels of Hulk Hogan essentially blaming the audience for low TV ratings during an appearance on Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show earlier this week. "The audience needs to warm up to how TNA is changing and how they're stepping up and how fast it's moving," Hogan said.

Mantell also suggested there is a dark cloud hovering over TNA and the company will be in trouble if Spike TV ever decides to drop TNA programming.

"I’ve been around a lot of offices with the death knell, and the TNA office has got the death knell about it," Mantell claimed. "The only money they’re really making is off Spike, and if Spike balks, they’re screwed."

This week, Spike and TNA shifted Impact up an hour to 8:00 p.m. EST for a more favorable match-up with WWE Raw on Monday nights, added a brand new one-hour show at 7:00 p.m. EST, and continue to air the "Epics" TV highlight show on a regular basis.

Mantell, who was released from TNA at the end of July 2009 during a creative shake-up, defended his work along with Jeff Jarrett and Jim Cornette, saying they were able to take TNA's ratings to a consistent 1.3 level before the new staff undid their work to drop TNA to a 0.9 level.

"I told Jeff Jarrett that his big mistake was allowing bigger con men than him to get in there. That's what he did," Mantell said. "Before Jeff, Cornette, and I left, we had this thing up to a 1.3 for three weeks in a row. When we left, you could almost track the demise of TNA from July 31 backwards. They dropped it down to a 0.9. And it’s continued to drop."

Looking at the ratings, TNA drew between a 1.27 and 1.33 for five weeks from March 19 to April 16, 2009. Right before the creative shake-up, the ratings peaked again for 2009 with a 1.31 on July 23 and 1.29 on July 30.

Supporting Mantell's statement, Impact ratings dipped to a 0.96 on September 3, a 0.93 on September 10, then a 0.91 on November 26.

After the creative team shake-up, the ratings for 21 weeks of TV from August 6 until the end of the year on December 17 averaged a 1.07 rating. By contrast, the average from January 1 to July 31 was a 1.20 rating.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
And of course, with tonight's RAW guest host being David Hasselhoff, they HAD to do a "Baywatch babes" match.

complete with the red lifeguard swimsuits and "slo-mo" running. XD

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The Hoff was hilarious!! XD

And he's like shit talking with KITT too.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cecil - Super Shomin Car