JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Quruli - March

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 346487 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
So today I once again found myself working at the high school here in Peg Sheety that Y2J Chris Jericho attended. After having passed by his grad picture in his graduating class composite numerous times, I FINALLY was able to find the appropriate school yearbook!

Didn't turn out as crisp as I would have liked. Unfortunately the lighting in the classroom wasn't the best, and I ended up having to take the pic without using a flash, because otherwise the pic was covered in glare. And for anyone who didn't know, yes that is his REAL name.

EDIT: Adjusted to have a clickable thumbnail.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:18:39 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
They had christian metal bands back then?? hahah awesome~

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
I thought his hair was a little bit "too" red to be natural. :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Cross-posting...
So KT and I took our recently-landed immigrant cousin, his wife and their 2 young boys to their first live WWE show earlier tonight, and I gotta say, the best part of the night was seeing the kids be all  :D and :O as they watched in awe.

:)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Dang, RAW's "retro" episode tonight even has the old-style graphics that they used to use. :lol:

They even had their ring announcer, Justin Roberts wearing the baby-blue 1970's tuxedo (think of the "Dumb and Dumber" movie). XD

EDIT: OSHIT! IT'S GOOD OL' JR! :rockon:

On a somewhat related note, I wonder how long they're going to be taking Cole's "heel announcer" angle?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:05:11 AM by JFC »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Well, that's Japanese wrestling for you.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
So The Miz cashed in his "MITB" contract on last night's RAW and won the heavyweight championship. That in itself was mildly surprising, as many had expected that they would have him do it at the end of the main event the day before at Survivor Series. Anyway, BEST moment of the night by FAR...was the expression of the little girl in the audience that they showed just after they counted the "1-2-3" and rang the bell.

XD

EDIT:

Can't believe that Ellen couldn't get that last one.
:on lol: :on lol: :on lol:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:44:41 AM by JFC »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
lol man caught some WWE finally and this right after wrestling show on The Score is hilarious XD

the so sexy Renee Paquette can't control em :lol:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Shawn Michaels updates WWE status - new long-term agreement, could appear on TV in the future, Hall of Fame?

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

Retired former WWE star Shawn Michaels says he has reached a long-term agreement with WWE to remain a "WWE guy" in an unofficial ambassador role.

Michaels stressed in a video update today that it does not mean he will wrestle again after retiring earlier this year at WrestleMania 26, but he could appear as a non-wrestling character in the future.

"I'm happy to announce Shawn Michaels and WWE have reached a long-term agreement that will continue to assure our relationship with one another well into the future," Michaels said.

According to Michaels, no specific commitments have been made on future appearances in WWE. He said he is not the Raw GM, he's not scheduled for a TV return, and it's "still very important" to keep his word to WWE, the audience, and The Undertaker that he not wrestle again.

"They know I will do absolutely anything that I can to help them further the direction they're going. If I were to do anything, I want to be someone who can help them move forward," he said. "There are always change-overs in this line of work. I think WWE is going through that and it's a positive step. Sometimes it's hard and if I can help them in that respect, I am certainly open to doing that."

Michaels did not mention the WWE Hall of Fame in his video update, which could fall into the category of WWE picking up the phone to call him in the near future, him playing coy before it becomes official, or it simply not happening in 2011.

Regarding any future outside of WWE, Michaels said he is committed to working with WWE only. "If that happens sometime in the future, it would be a wonderful thing. Again, not wrestling, but appearing."

Michaels signed off his video update: "Shawn Michaels is and always will be a WWE guy. HBK was birthed in WWE and that is where he will remain. I am continuing my relationship with WWE and, like I said on Monday, who knows, maybe somewhere down the road, I'll be seeing you."
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Alberto Del Rio interview - goal to become Top 5 star & World champ, advice from McMahon, inspiration for Del Rio character

WWE wrestler Alberto Del Rio covered a lot of ground on his first four months in WWE in an in-depth interview with Matt Bishop of Slam Wrestling. The following are highlights of Del Rio's interview.

-- Del Rio, who will be added to the World Hvt. Title match at the TLC PPV on Sunday, vowed to become WWE World Hvt. champion "very soon." He said his personal goal is to become a Top 5 star in WWE within the next two years.

"That's the reason I came here, that's the reason I left everything behind - my friends, my family, my house in Mexico, my status," he said. "I was a big superstar in Mexico and when I came to WWE, no one knew me. Now I'm building my career here in the States, little by little and I'm sure I'm going to be one of the main guys pretty soon."

-- Del Rio, who mainly worked as a babyface in Mexico, said he transitioned into playing an arrogant, aristocratic heel by tapping into the characteristics of the people he strongly dislikes.

"To develop my character, I only used experiences from people I hate," he said, laughing. "That's making my job really easy. All your life, you have the chance to know people where you hate the way they talk, the way they walk, the way they express themselves and that's what I do to develop my character. I just remember people I hate through the years and that's Alberto Del Rio right there."

Del Rio said he listened to advice from WWE CEO Vince McMahon on how to portray his character. "Before my debut, Mr. McMahon told me, 'You gotta believe to make people believe.' When he told me that, I was like, 'Okay, all that I need is to believe my character.' ... That's what I do every time I go out, I really believe I'm Alberto Del Rio. I really believe I have all those cars, all those millions."

-- Del Rio said it was "really hard" working without a mask when he first appeared on WWE TV. He said he had to re-learn how to tell a story after working under a mask for ten years in Mexico.

Del Rio credited Norman Smiley, Dr. Tom Pritchard, and Dusty Rhodes for working with him on his facial expressions and body language at WWE's FCW developmental territory.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Miz "off-camera" interview - endorsement as WWE champion from two WWE Legends, discusses "go away heat" early in his career

New WWE champion The Miz revealed in an interview with Peter Rosenberg of Hot 97 in New York City that one of the highlights of his title victory last month was receiving endorsements from WWE legends Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

"As soon as I won the WWE Championship, guess you called me and texted me? Bret Hart. 'Congratulations.' I saw Shawn Michaels last week at Tribute to the Troops. 'Congratulations. You did it kid.' Having these guys tell me that I'm doing a great job - 'Congratulations' - and you're the future of WWE...what?!" Miz said.

Miz, who was reflective on his journey in an "off-camera" backstage interview where he didn't have to "turn on" The Miz character, said he recently had a conversation with WWE executives who told him three people in management thought he would be fired within the first few months he was in WWE.

"Once I got here, I had so much heat in the locker room. Nobody liked me in the WWE Universe. It was one of those 'change the channel' type heat, as they call it. Nobody liked me. I was too much. The fans hated me, but it wasn't for the right reasons," he said.

"So, I thought I was going to get fired - well, I didn't think I was going to get fired, but most people thought I was going to get fired. Hell, I got kicked out of the locker room for six months."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE makes official roster move - Ezekiel Jackson debuting on live Smackdown next week

Ezekiel Jackson has officially re-located to the Smackdown brand after a brief stint on Raw.

Last night on Smackdown, WWE advertised Jackson's return to the brand on next week's episode. Jackson will make his Smackdown return on the live episode airing Tuesday, December 22 on USA Network.

Jackson was drafted to Raw in April after suffering a leg injury that kept him out of action for five months.

Jackson mainly wrestled squash matches on Raw, but did not have a consistent program. With the Smackdown brand lacking depth, WWE moved Jackson back to where he started in WWE as Brian Kendrick's bodyguard.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline shurrupak

• ecchi
The Edge Vs Kane storyline is quite boring. Hope the Undertaker come back soon..miss gogoplata

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE has released Kaval.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
^
Shame really, but not entirely surprising. Considering the way that WWE's storylines and what not are going, Kaval just isn't the type of guy that fits into their "style" of show.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Preview: 40-Man Royal Rumble Match
January 30, 2011

Almost three decades ago, the dream of modern-day WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, an unprecedented 40 Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in the World Championship main event match on this now aggrandized stage for the most brilliant competitors.
ARTICLE LINK - http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/matches/16630520/preview/

I love how WWE shares information from the future. :P

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Looks like Alberto Del Rio won the Rumble.

Kevin Nash and Booker T made their returns. I didn't watch it, but from reading an article, I can tell that the audience went wild. I think I would go crazy if I heard T's music hit. "CAN YOU DIG IT!"

And apparently, Nash went by the name "Diesel." I didn't understand that.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
HOLY SHIT!! Big Freaky told us all about in IRC. blew my mind XD

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Quruli - March