JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - So Easy

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 344730 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
^
Yeah...just a tad.  RAW needs a new shtick.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Looks like Jim Ross has had another attack of his Bells Palsey, and according to his blog entries today, he won't be recording SmackDown this week.

An "Old Friend" pays a visit...
Tue, 10/20/2009 - 11:55am — J.R.
Posted in: Personal

It was an interesting plane ride from OKC to Columbia, South Carolina Monday night. On my flight from OKC to Atlanta I had my 3rd Bells palsy attack.

I was able to reach WWE doctors who were in Jacksonville for Raw and they were able to call in the medicines I needed to get started on to slow down the paralysis. Now we just wait and see how the meds work and Mother Nature takes her course.

My plans are to tape SD tonite working with the King and perhaps even Michael Cole so we can make sure we can do the job that the product and the talents deserve.

It's a big week for WWE as we all prepare for Bragging Rights this Sunday in Pittsburgh. I hope to be able to contribute and time will tell as the week progresses but  I intend to remain optimistic and to fight thru this issue.

This isn't my first challenge I've had to deal with and there are lots of folks that have much worse issues than do I that they contend with on a daily basis. My intention is to fight thru this and continue doing what I love.

The wrestling business and those that work in it have become such a huge part of my life and the way I see it this is just another bump in the road as I am far from "tapping out."

With all the fans that have always supported me thru 35 years, I know I won't be going thru this alone. Thanks.
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/old-friend-pays-visit

Plans Have Changed
Tue, 10/20/2009 - 1:06pm — J.R.
Posted in: Personal

This is an update on my previous blog. Not the news I wanted to share.

It has been decided that I should not risk further issues by working tonight and I am in the process of arranging a flight back to OKC so I can see a neurologist on Wednesday.

Life is about facing the challenges we encounter so I am going to do all I can to get better and back at the announce desk asap. I wish I had more answers but I simply don't at this time.

I want to be a part of Bragging Rights but only time will tell if that will be physically possible. My passion and love for the game is in tact but I have to do what's best for my long term health.

WWE has been tremendously supportive of my situatiion of which I am very grateful.

Never count me out of the game as this isn't the first mountain that I have had to climb. Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole will handle SD from Columbia. My thanks to every one for understanding this matter. Better days are on the horizon.
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/plans-have-changed

Get well soon JR.  :O

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
I forget if I posted this before, but...
Hulk Hogan, We're Comin' For You n****!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Just when you thought we'd seen the last of him:
HULK HOGAN JOINS TNA WRESTLING!!!

“Hulkamania” is back! The biggest name in professional wrestling history, Hulk Hogan, is joining Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling (TNA), the fastest rising wrestling organization in the world and home to one of cable television’s highest rated shows for young men, TNA iMPACT!  The announcement was made today by TNA Wrestling in conjunction with Spike TV at a press conference held in New York City.

“Hulk Hogan is one of the world’s top pop culture icons and the biggest superstar in the history of professional wrestling.  We are truly excited to welcome him into the TNA family,” said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Wrestling.  “Our goal is to become the world’s biggest professional wrestling company.  Hulk defines professional wrestling and we look forward to partnering with him in a variety of ways as we continue to grow TNA globally.”

“I’m thrilled to be jumping back into the world of professional wrestling,” said Hogan.  “My fans have been asking me to return to the business for many years on a full time basis, but the timing or the opportunity has never been right until now.  TNA Wrestling is a great company with an already excellent fan base, business and broadcast partner.  I firmly believe now is the time for some change at TNA as they are positioned to jump to the next level in their development and I’m here to work with Dixie to help make that a reality.”

Through Hogan’s partnership with Bischoff Hervey Entertainment Television, the deal with TNA was negotiated by longtime Hogan colleague Eric Bischoff.  Additionally, BHE TV has inked a first-look deal with TNA and will be working with the organization to develop new programming extensions of the TNA brand.

“Hulk Hogan adds yet another level of star power that positions TNA iMPACT as Spike TV’s version of ‘Must-See TV’ on Thursday nights,” said Kevin Kay, president of Spike.

Hogan most recently penned an autobiography with Mark Dagostino, “My Life Outside The Ring” with St. Martin’s Press.
- http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1770/84/
- http://www.spike.com/blog/hulk-hogan-joins-tna/88534

Hulk Hogan Joins TNA Wrestling

EDIT:
Hulk Hogan to TNA Press Conference
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:02:47 AM by JFC »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
WHY HULK!?? nice pink head rag too :lol:

Sgt. Slaughter at a Coyotes game in Glendale, AZ:

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Cool, all 50 people in the audience got to see the Sarge!

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
Just when you thought we'd seen the last of him:
HULK HOGAN JOINS TNA WRESTLING!!!

I watched Impact last week for the first time in ages sicne it's moved to Virgin1, they interviewed like 10 people asking what they thought of Hulk's return and yet he didn't even show his face once.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Jericho Gets Pelted

I thought that was a banana at first, lol. Leave it to the Brits to throw stuff into the ring that could poke someone's eye out.  At least when people from Jericho's hometown threw stuff at a sporting event it was something useful.  I can't find a clip of it, but it was toilet paper, being thrown onto the Detroit Red Wings back in 96.

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
Man, everyone hates Jericho lol. To me that should be Cena getting pelt with stuff.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
The next 4 guest hosts for RAW are:

Nov. 23rd, Jesse Ventura

Nov. 30th, Verne Troyer

Dec. 7th, Mark Cuban <-  :fuckyou:

Dec. 14th, Dennis Miller
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
They need Ric Flair back!! Look at this with Hogan XD

Ric Flair Slaps Hulk Hogan Like Nothing Leaving Hogans Face Completely Covered In Blood At An Australian Press Conference 2009

From the school of Bloody Faces wrestling vets!

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
I saw the pics from that press conference damn that was insane. Also it's like they're hyping Hogan so much on Impact yet he hasn't made an appearance. What's up with that?

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
^
^
That was all staged.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
Was it?! lol didn't see the vids just pics.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Aw, vid removed.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^ I love how WWE is selling Hogan's BEST MATCHES EVER DVDs.

Best line of the nite on RAW. Triple H about Big Show in the Hershey Factory: "They can't get him out the door, they had to get him in!" XD

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
They're just capitalizing on the fact that he signed with TNA, since they still hold a bunch of rights to imagery and such.  Too bad all the matches are so cookie cutter that 9 hours of that wouldn't be very desirable anyway.

Offline kuno_thunder

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Who the fuck would be entertained by this shit? ...
Japanese wrestler vs. a blow up doll

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - So Easy