JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Strange Days

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 342985 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
FUCK YEAH! I smell Peg Sheety in the house!!

(blame KT for this one lol)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE News: Chris Jericho talks Nexus vs. WWE feud & potential babyface turn, Kane interview on significance of World Title run

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

-- In an interview promoting Summerslam, WWE wrestler Chris Jericho talked up the current Nexus vs. WWE storyline on Raw as "genius." He said it's helped get over new talent and allowed him to show a different side of his character teasing a babyface turn.

"I think the Nexus angle has been genius," Jericho told Darren Wood of Slam Wrestling. "It is a tremendous idea that's really great because it's a bunch of new guys that on their own mean nothing, but together it's the hottest angle of the summer."

Regarding a potential babyface turn, Jericho said he believes he could make the fans cheer him if he wants to and the Nexus storyline has allowed him to play with the fans. He acknowledged his character is ambiguous at the moment, which he says is by design.

"I think the fans are asking themselves, 'Are we supposed to cheer him?' I have been doing this for 20 years. I have a lot of good will built up with the fans, people appreciate the hard work that I do so if I turned babyface tomorrow, they would buy it," Jericho said.

"I knew they would chant 'Y2J' when it was proposed I was going to team with (John) Cena; it's what WWE wants at this moment in time."

-- Theflickcast.com has an interesting interview with World Hvt. champion Kane from last month's Comic-Con convention.

Kane, out-of-character but still playing up TV storylines, talked about what it means to him receiving another World Title run as a reward for longevity in WWE.

"I think it's going to last a long time if I have anything to say about it. Actually, it's sort of a defining moment. The last time I won a championship, it was for one day," Kane said. I'm going to make sure it's a lot longer than that. This is what everyone works for in our business - a long championship run."
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/hJh3gfWFCgI.m4v"
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

I actually see myself a few times in that. :lol: 

Now in my own defense, that shot (approx. the 2 minute mark, I'm on the right of my buddy with the hat) was taken shortly after Sabu made his "surprise appearance." I say that in quotes because I had found out a week earlier from the promotion's VP that he was going to be there, and since he hooked me and my buddies up with practically half of the 2nd row, I said we'd play it up for the TV cameras. :D

EDIT: In case anyone was wondering, here's a link to the website of the promotion. It's a young company, having only started to produce actual shows within the last 6 months or so. The shows are being done quite well, and feature a lot of young local (Peg Sheety/Canadian) talent along with the more notable faces that most people are bound to recognize.
http://www.wfxwrestling.com
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:02:32 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Tom Green

• ecchi
  • Member+

Watch the 2 minute mark and you will see Mr JFC  :D and my Brother-in-law.

Mr JFC   ;D                                                                                                                                                                       Mr JFC   ;D

In case the pics don't show up for you, they're all from this page." http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5802813254&ref=search#!/photo_search.php?oid=5802813254&view=all

http://www.wfxwrestling.com/

If any of you guys in the States got America One , LoneStar Television or TuffTv you can check it out. People in Canada should be able to watch on City Tv in the near future. Me,KT,JFC and Johnbobman can be seen in the background of most of the episodes.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:10:36 AM by Tom Green »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
hhaha. Dean u ain't getting off the hook:

<kuno_thunder>
<kuno_thunder> at 1:29

man this WFX shit is gonna be fucking historical! I'll watch just to see Peg Sheety Wrecking Cru  :rofl:

KT was telling me about it last nite, fuck TNA and their wack shit - it's like WCW all over again. Good to see guys like Eugene and Hardcore Holly back in there.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
I love how looking for JFC in that video was "look for Kuno" in my mind  :lol:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Former WWE wrestler Lance Cade dies at age 29

Former WWE wrestler Lance Cade (Lance McNaught) reportedly died today at age 29. The news was originally reported at PWInsider.com.

Details on the cause of death are not known at this time. Cade battled prescription drug issues during his career, which reportedly factored into his release from WWE in October 2008 while in the middle of a major program with Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels.

Cade was re-signed to a developmental contract late last year and briefly worked at Florida Championship Wrestling. Cade was then released again in April.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Shawn Michaels ESPN interview - will he ever return?, when he decided to retire, "real" Vince McMahon, full-time schedule, much more

Retired former WWE wrestler Shawn Michaels covered plenty of ground on his WWE career during a 45-minute interview with Bill Simmons on ESPN.com. The following are highlights from a highly-recommended interview with Michaels.

-- Michaels said there is "absolutely no chance" he will return to pro wrestling for another match. Michaels retired after WrestleMania 26 earlier this year in his final match against The Undertaker.

Michaels added that he decided before WrestleMania 25 and the epic match against The Undertaker last year that he wanted to have his final match at WrestleMania 26.

"I understand the skepticism with that (retiring), but I wouldn't have left unless I was ready for it," Michaels said. "I made the decision the month before WrestleMania 25. I didn't know how it was going to look, but knew WrestleMania 26 would be the last one."

Michaels continued: "The company was behind it. The ending, the story, everything was perfect. You don't get a bunch of chances like that in life. To come back and have another match would taint that moment. I watched the NBC special (airing last Saturday night) and I cried. It was beautiful. I wanted to create beautiful moments. The last one was the most beautiful moment I've ever been part of. There's absolutely no way I'll ever ruin that."

Michaels summed up why he was satisfied with the WrestleMania 26 match with Undertaker as his send-off: "I felt like it was a perfect portrayal of me - Shawn Michaels, the character, whatever - and everything he encapsulated, which was just trying so hard to achieve greatness, dare I say perfection, but falling short."

Asked at the beginning of the interview if he's "getting the itch" again, especially with Summerslam this weekend, Michaels said definitely that's not the case. He added that he's glad to be "on the other side" where he doesn't have to be nervous about a big performance.

Michaels also said his retirement wasn't related to being physically banged up. He said his satisfaction in the ring was story-telling and not moves, so he felt the story was complete at WrestleMania 26.

"I could walk back in there tomorrow and smoke about 70 percent of the locker room," Michaels said, with a laugh. "Yes, I'm beat up, but I never made a decision based on that."

-- Regarding future stars in WWE, Michaels stressed that it takes time to develop the next wave of stars, especially forcing the audience to remove the thought of "it's just not the same" when watching a new product compared to a previous product.

Michaels recalled being part of the "New Generation" in the 1990s when he felt the Clique could take the ball and run with it if given the chance. He said he senses the same feeling with the newer stars in WWE.

Michaels endorsed Randy Orton and John Cena as the leaders of the next wave of talent. He said he sees Orton having the same personality he had coming up where he "almost takes the job too seriously," but is getting the handle on the mental, not the physical aspect of wrestling.

"The things Undertaker and I did, technically, we didn't really do any moves people didn't see before. It's the mental side, painting the picture. Connecting from emotional standpoint," he said. "Too many guys are thinking about the physical aspect of it."

-- On his favorite wrestlers to work with, Michaels expectantly named Taker and Triple H. "They're the only two guys that he could make a mistake with and it would be okay. I put the trust of the match, story, etc. in their hands and let go of my control freakiness."

-- Asked about whether WWE needs to be reduced from a "12-month sport" to having an off-season or mandatory time off, Michaels hedged and suggested wrestlers should be in a position where they can ask for time off at any point and not fear losing a "spot."

"I'm a soldier. Maybe in the ring with another guy, I'm the general. I don't envy having to make those decisions. I know there's this unbelievable dynamic that is weekly TV, that is PPVs, shareholders, board members going, 'What about this?' I don't envy Vince (McMahon for having to balance all that," he said.

"As a performer, everyone used to joke with me that after WrestleMania, you're taking the summer off. I hear the complaints of, 'Well, you're Shawn Michaels. You can do that.' And losing their spot - I left for four years and when I came back, people told me, 'You have to reintroduce yourself.' Shawn Michaels didn't lose a spot; Shawn Michaels is a spot. It ruffles people the wrong way, but if guys go about their business the right way - the guys in the locker room don't control your ability, you control your ability."

-- Staying on the topic of wrestler health, Michaels was asked if bumps went too far in the 1990s when wrestlers were trying to top each other every night "raising the bar." Michaels said he thinks it's just part of their DNA as competitors and athletes. Michaels opted not to evaluate the potential risks that posed with wrestlers taking dangerous bumps that add up over time.

-- The interview concluded with Michaels describing Vince McMahon from his perspective after working with him for 25 years.

"I know the real man. I know the text that he sent me after that (NBC) special and he's a good man. People don't know him. It's why I walked through fire and walls for him. Not because he's some sort of crazed Hitler, but because there is a decent dude there," Michaels said. "He's got tough, tough decisions to make. I've watched him make them, weep, and struggle. I've seen him and walked with him for 25 years. That's my opinion of him. I will always be a WWE guy and proudly say it. I am a former WWE Superstar and damn proud of it."

-- Michaels also talked in-depth about his early days in WWE, the Montreal Screwjob and where he was personally at the time, his excruciating pain at WrestleMania 14 when he walked away from wrestling the first time due to injury, how his Christian faith has changed him and how the events in his life point to his faith, and many more topics.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Kurt Angle & former WWE wrestler named in steroid distribution list from mid-2000s released on Friday

Current TNA wrestler Kurt Angle and former WWE wrestler Bob "Hardcore" Holly were named in a steroid distribution list from the mid-2000s that was released on Friday.

On Friday, a federal judge in Alabama handed down a four-year prison term to a pharmacist convicted of participating in the illegal sale and distribution of anabolic steroids.

Seven pro wrestlers were named in the list released on Friday. Angle and Holly's names were listed. Five others were only listed by initials.

J. Michael Bennett, who was supervising pharmacist at distributor Applied Pharmacy Services, was sentenced to the four-year prison term after being found guilty in a trial earlier this year.

According to court records, Applied Pharmacy Services shipped 762,388 dosages to 17 doctors and clinics from April 4, 2004 until August 30, 2006.

Angle and Holly were with WWE at the time. During most of that time period, WWE did not have a Wellness Policy to test for steroids. WWE launched their Wellness Policy in February 2006.

Also within the Applied Pharmacy timeline, Angle was released from his WWE contract at the end of August 2006. He then signed with TNA one month later.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Summerslam news & notes - two big returns, one title change, Team WWE vs. Team Nexus

The following are key news and notes from tonight's WWE Summerslam PPV.

-- Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) and The Undertaker were the two big surprise returns on the PPV.

Danielson returned to WWE as the seventh member of Team WWE in the main event elimination tag match. Danielson was eliminated after U.S. champion The Miz sneak-attacked him, setting up a feud to carry over on Raw that started on NXT Season One.

The Undertaker returned after World Hvt. champion Kane retained the World Title over Rey Mysterio. WWE essentially revealed that Kane put Taker in a "vegetative state" to set up the expected next World Title feud on Smackdown.

-- Team WWE went over Team Nexus in the main event tag match. John Cena scored the last final by submitting Wade Barrett. Cena was the last man left in the match. (Order and times of elimination in the match.)

-- The only title change on the PPV was Melina capturing the Divas Title from Alicia Fox. Lay-Cool (including Women's champion Layla) then attacked Melina after the match.

-- WWE champion Sheamus retained the WWE Title over Randy Orton via DQ, which will likely continue their feud and Orton's chase for the title.

-- Dolph Ziggler retained the Intercontinental Title in a match against Kofi Kingston. The match ended without a finish when Nexus jumped both men during the match.

-- In the dark match prior to the PPV, Evan Bourne beat Zack Ryder.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Report on X Division wrestler reportedly gone from TNA

X Division wrestler Homicide has reportedly parted ways with TNA. This morning, an announcement was posted on Homicide's Facebook page that he left the company. Two sources in TNA have said it's not been confirmed, though.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Charlie Haas tells his story on WWE release, describes WWE's handling of a serious neck injury

Wrestling author Irv Muchnick published an important report on how WWE's medical team handled an injury to former WWE wrestler Charlie Haas earlier this year.

Haas, who was released in February, described WWE's handling of a neck injury he reportedly suffered during a match in January. An MRI revealed a "mild to moderate" herniation of two disks. According to Muchnick, Haas was told to "undergo physical therapy" or "consider major spinal fusion surgery."

The key passage in Muchnick's report reads:

Haas shipped the MRI images from his Dallas home to the Pittsburgh clinic of Dr. Joseph Maroon, WWE’s resident neurologist and medical director (who also works for the Pittsburgh Steelers and serves on the National Football League's now-discredited concussion policy committee).

In his only remark to me that could be termed directly critical of WWE, Haas said, “Maroon told me, ‘You had a stinger [a common and casual neck nerve irritation]. You’re good to go.’ And I’m thinking, ‘How can he make that diagnosis from Pittsburgh?’”

Haas had physical therapy but it didn’t take. On February 26, 2010, WWE cut him. He is a realist: he knows that he was always typecast as a “utility wrestler,’”technically skilled and able to make the top guys look good and to teach the younger guys how to work. As a non-main eventer, he was prone to release.

Considering Haas reportedly suffered the neck injury inside WWE's ring, WWE would be expected to foot the bill for medical costs, which former WWE CEO Linda McMahon has pointed out during her U.S. Senate campaign.

The New York Times reported in July: "While the company does not provide health coverage to its wrestlers, she said that it did pay for treatment of injuries that they sustained in the ring."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Legendary wrestling manager Skandor Akbar dies at age 75

Long-time wrestling manager Skandor Akbar (Jim Wehba) has reportedly died at age 75. The cause of death is unknown at this time.

Akbar was still active in the wrestling business. He was advertised for the "Wrecking Ball Wrestling" promotion's upcoming show on Sunday afternoon in Texas.

Akbar is remembered by many wrestling fans as the top heel manager in Fritz Von Erich family's World Class Championship Wrestling promotion in the 1980s. Akbar famously managed the "Devastation, Inc." stable that fed heels to the babyface Von Erich brothers.

Earlier this month, Akbar was one of the Wrestling Legends appearing at the annual NWA Legends Fanfest in Charlotte, N.C. WWE's Jim Ross recently wrote about his interactions with Akbar at the Fanfest on jrsbarbq.com:

"General Scandor Akbar is now 75 and we had a great visit and talked road stories, he was one of my very first traveling partners along with Dan Hodge, and of course the OU-Texas football rivalry. Ak is a Longhorn devotee and that was the topic we engaged in over hundreds of miles of highway back in the '70s. Ak could squeeze blood out of a quarter and was so instrumental in helping me understand that no one makes too little money to not save some of it. The 'squatty fullback of the Vernon, Texas Lions will always be one of my favorite guys. Many don't know how instrumental Ak was in helping steer Steve Austin in the right direction early in Stone Cold's career in Dallas."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Big update on Nexus member injured at Raw house show

Skip Sheffield, one of WWE's rising stars from the Nexus group, will reportedly be out of action for "some time" after suffering an injury at Wednesday night's Raw house show in Hawaii.

The Wrestling Observer reports that Sheffield suffered a broken left ankle during his match at the house show.

Sheffield was in a tag match with Nexus member David Otunga against WWE tag champions Hart Dynasty. Our correspondent at the house show reported that Sheffield laid face-down in the ring after the match with an apparent leg injury. He had to be helped out of the ring and reportedly could not put any weight on his left leg.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Seeing the way Darren Young was kicked out of the Nexus, I feel that they are all gonna go one by one, with Wade Barrett being the only remaining member. I don't really like Barrett, and his finisher doesn't do much for me (I'm big on finishers.)
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Big update on Nexus member injured at Raw house show

Skip Sheffield, one of WWE's rising stars from the Nexus group, will reportedly be out of action for "some time" after suffering an injury at Wednesday night's Raw house show in Hawaii.

The Wrestling Observer reports that Sheffield suffered a broken left ankle during his match at the house show.

Sheffield was in a tag match with Nexus member David Otunga against WWE tag champions Hart Dynasty. Our correspondent at the house show reported that Sheffield laid face-down in the ring after the match with an apparent leg injury. He had to be helped out of the ring and reportedly could not put any weight on his left leg.

Ouch, that must have hurt, surprising my co-worker didn't tell me of this ......
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JajaPipi

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I ♥
this will be a great disadvantage for NEXUS Raw next week in perfect

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

This happened a while back, but I was in awe the first time I saw it :lol:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sheamus says he wants Triple H or Undertaker at WM27, ESPN profiles Sheamus & former PWG stand-out wrestler Scott Lost

-- Looking ahead to WrestleMania 27 next year in Atlanta, WWE champion Sheamus says he wants to face Triple H in a re-match from WrestleMania 26 or face The Undertaker with the undefeated streak on the line.

"I'd like another crack at Triple H, only I want to beat him this time. John Cena, Randy Orton, or even the Undertaker. What the heck, I'd like to take the streak," Sheamus told Jon Robinson in an interview on ESPN.com.

Sheamus was profiled in a "half in-character, half out-of-character" type of interview as part of the advanced hype for THQ's forthcoming "Smackdown vs. Raw 2011" video game due out in October.

Sheamus also talked specifically on Triple H's influence on his career: "He was one of the guys who influenced me to take the steps where I wanted to go and it was a great honor to hook up at Mania with him and a great honor to put him out at Extreme Rules one month later. He's definitely one of the biggest influences of my career."

The interview also includes Sheamus talking about his first appearance in a WWE video game, his inability to tan, TSA airport security gawking over his WWE Tile belt, different crowd reactions, and other topics.

-- ESPN's Page 2 published a story on former Southern California wrestling stand-out Scott Lost, who recently wrestled his retirement match for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (PWG) at the age of 30, which was a personal goal for Lost.

The story focuses on Lost transitioning from pro wrestling to becoming a comic book artist. Lost, who was one of the original six co-owners of PWG, talked about starting the promotion in 2003. ESPN's article drew attention to PWG becoming one of the top independent promotions in the U.S. in terms of talent regularly featured and the quality of match-ups.

"We all pooled our resources together and started this [federation]. There were a lot of little feds, but we wanted to keep busy," he said. "Within a year I realized the promoter side wasn't for me. What really hit me was when older wrestlers I looked up to were talking to me like the boss."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE Hall of Famer addresses steroid use in 1990s WWF; comparison to recent quotes on steroids by Vince & Linda McMahon

-- WWE Hall of Famer "Million Dollar" Man Ted DiBiase, August 23, 2010, in an interview with The Courier in the U.K. "I took steroids (during my WWF career) for a very short time. It should be obvious by looking at me that I didn't take them regularly because I was in good shape, but I was never massive. My strength was my ability to talk and my work in the ring. I always looked like an athlete but I didn't look like Charles Atlas.

"The thing about the steroids was I was always afraid of them and I finally had a doctor tell me about the effects and that warned me right off them - that was it for me with that stuff. The only other drug I took for a while was cocaine. Now this doesn't sound like the Million Dollar Man, but I stopped doing that because I was cheap - I didn't want to spend the money on it!"

-- Former WWE CEO Linda McMahon, June 2010, in an interview with BusinessWeek on steroids: "There's some evidence sometimes of muscle disease, or cardiac disease, but it's really hard to know because you didn't know the condition of the performer's heart, or whatever, prior to. So I still don't think we know the long-term effects of steroids. They are continuing to study it more and more, but I don't believe there are a lot of studies out there today that are conclusive."

Ed Patru, Linda McMahon's campaign spokesman, in response: "Linda clearly is opposed to illegal drug use. She believes steroid use can have long-term negative physical and psychiatric impact on the body, and those negative impacts obviously are exacerbated with abuse. Furthermore, she supports continuing research on the issue so that the public can better understand the full scope of impact long-term use has on the body. As for the WWE, it has a very clearly defined policy on all illegal drugs."

-- WWE CEO Vince McMahon, July 26, in an interview with Brian Lockhart of the Connecticut Post: "There's not much information that you guys know about steroids other than the media is writing hysterically about them, and maybe they should. I don't know there's really been any great research you can point to that definitely says this is deleterious to your health or in some cases it helps you or whatever ... So I don't think there's enough empirical research done, certainly not by the government."

McMahon continued: "What is abuse of steroids? I don't know what that is. No one can tell you what that is. You can abuse sugar or any other substance or any other drug. There's not enough known about these damn things."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Strange Days