JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: No Regret Life - Melody

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246550 times)

Offline ase___

• CG
  • Member+
  • まゆっぴ〜 ◕‿◕
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1600 on: March 03, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »
hoho.. really great to see an asian player made hattrick in EPL.
Looking forward to MU v Madrid.. Kagawa didn't play well in the first leg at Bernabeu.. Let's see in the 2nd leg.
MU and Madrid are in good form. So i think it gonna be a great match  :D

yip-yip :mon squee:

32nd Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo
Watanabe Mayu
ファイト!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1601 on: March 08, 2013, 08:12:47 PM »
About Nani's red card on Tues...He was facing away from Arbeloa, eyes on the ball the whole time. Nani had every right to win the ball in that matter and Arbeloa had every right to go for the challenge to try to win it. It was a coming together between two players that I'll say warrants a yellow card. Never a red. Don't even give me the letter of the law crap either otherwise Arbeloa’s studs-up lunge into Evra’s knee would also have deserved a red by definition. I just find it funny that City/Scouse fans are clinging onto Keano as their media darling now.

I see the British media is up to their usual self again by reporting that Rooney will be leaving Man Utd. "Ferguson has had a strained relationship with Rooney since the start of the season." Funny how that's never been mentioned until now! Fact of the matter is that this is usual tabloid nonsense. A non story based on a tactical decision for the Madrid match. I knew when the announcement was made that they were already working up bullshit like this.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1602 on: March 09, 2013, 06:20:12 AM »
Gonna be big news back home for Shinji Kagawa......

Kagawa's three goals was indeed big news in Japan, (but happy days ended a few days later for Shinji and his team mates with poor referee decision......)

Offline fanboysam

« Reply #1603 on: March 19, 2013, 08:01:12 AM »
2nd leg for barcelona vs ac milan is just great

Offline wjwacc

• ecchi
« Reply #1604 on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »
arsenal-real madrid-swansea-liverpool-bayern munich

henry-fabregas-messi-ronaldo-cazorla

none ranking purposes :P

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1605 on: March 23, 2013, 05:32:54 AM »
Perú 1-0 Chile

PARTIDAZO CARAJO qwe win a grato match fuck yeah we won we won chile go to hell

Offline khairilh

« Reply #1606 on: April 05, 2013, 05:24:28 PM »
for sure c ronaldo is on my list

Offline chanzchoc

« Reply #1607 on: April 12, 2013, 10:02:36 AM »
just a few hours until the UEFA Champions League semi-final draw.
hope that Bayern Munich make it to the final :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1608 on: April 25, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »
Those Champions League matches eh?! Clearly the Bundesliga is on the rise and it's a good thing to see. Cheap football tickets, brilliant players, embracing the fans rather than treat them as cash cows, fewer Abrahmovich/Shiekh Mansour type-owners.... It hasn't done the German national team any harm either, far from it actually. The league has been a one horse race this year and who knows that may continue considering Bayern Munich have announced they're getting Gotze and Lewandowski :o But considering how easy Barca and Real were dispatched this week, you may yet see a rise in a new era of European football dominance.

Congrats to Man Utd! We've won the 20th league title!!! :w00t: :w00t: Wasn't always pretty but we still managed to win, with 4 games left to go. Lots of critics say it's not a vintage Utd side and doesn't compare to past teams, but it doesn't take away from the fact that vintage side or no, we still were better than the other clubs in the league and none of the others were that much better otherwise they would have won instead!

Offline mfnp

« Reply #1609 on: April 25, 2013, 01:21:49 AM »
What a crazy champions league semi-finals... Germany destroyed Spain...
Let's see if there's still some fight left from Real and Barça...

My Top Teams are:
FC Porto  :heart:
Barcelona, Milan, Tottenham Hotspurs, and Real Madrid (only because of Ronaldo, Mourinho, Pepe and Coentrão... I have to root for my people, yes?  :P)

Top Players... hard to choose...
C Ronaldo, Messi, João Moutinho, Figo (retired), Zidane (retired) - there's no order on these players, they are all awesome.  8)2

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #1610 on: May 09, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »
Sir Alex Ferguson has retired as Man United manager & current Everton manager David Moyes will take over him
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1440482/everton-david-moyes-confirmed-new-manchester-united-boss?cc=4716

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1611 on: May 09, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »
I wonder how Tuffty feels right now..

But anyway, glad the CL has been interesting this year, and that Spurs still have a chance for some action in it next year.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1612 on: May 09, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »
Yesterday came as a complete shock to me. Keep in mind that Sir Alex has managed Man Utd longer than I've been alive, which is ridiculous when you think about it. All those years and so much success, it's all I've ever known as a United fan. While other clubs were losing their shit, hiring managers every few years, Fergie's been the solid foundation that you turn to. You just wish it could go forever.

But it doesn't and it took me all day yesterday to really get over it and accept that things will be different. I have had to accept that maybe things will get harder from here on out. No doubt there will be a transitional period, but for how long? Will Moyes ever come up to the level that we hope and win trophies consistently? Other fans for other clubs have had these feelings for so long and it's amazing that I'm now experiencing them for the first time. This weekend at Old Trafford will be a rollercoaster of emotions. Having the trophy presented to us, no doubt Fergie will say a few words... There will be a lot of emotion, a few tears..and it'll be me doing it!

So Moyes on a 6 year contract? Shows a lot of faith, but if there's any club out there that shows it pays off to stick with a manager through thick and thin, especially in the first year and after, then it's us. Personally, I would have liked to have seen AVB. But I've always liked Moyes, I wanted him to manage a bigger club and to see what he's capable of doing there, considering the great job he's done at Everton. Guess we'll find out. It's easy to be pessimistic at this time, but I'm curiously optimistic. We've a good manager, someone universally praised as one of the finest to work with and with Fergie around as the director, you can always depend on him for advice and that little bit of experience if need be. Let's go in next season, do our best and try to prove the doubters wrong.

They say his first challenge will be to persuade Rooney to stay, after reports came out that he handed in a transfer request two weeks ago. I can give him a hint on what he should do. Let him go. His attitude has been poor lately, sulking off when subbed and if reports were to be believed, furious that he wasn't considered for the R.Madrid match. He did this a few years back if you remember, got a nice little pay rise out of it but he did say he wanted more world class players in the squad. So we did with RVP. And now after putting in a fine performance all season, Rooney can't seem to handle it and is now wanting to leave to try and be the top dog elsewhere? And you mean to tell me he's not happy with a BASIC £200k salary PER WEEK? No, I'm not having it. The time is right for him to go and if PSG or Bayern (as rumoured) come offering a bid, then by God, bite the hand off them and sell him. Though with his attitude being so poor now, I wonder if playing abroad is too ambitious for him. Honestly I don't see why Bayern would be interested. You mean to tell me he would get a place ahead of Gomez/Gotze? Fuck no.

Don't misunderstand me, I will be forever indebted to his service to the club. A great player and scored some of the best goals in a Utd shirt I've seen (dat Newcastle volley, dat Man City bicycle kick) but that was then and anytime a player has felt they were bigger than the club, we still go on without them. They say the only way to go after United is down after all.

Offline mfnp

« Reply #1613 on: May 12, 2013, 11:58:02 PM »
Well, a great coach finally wants a rest of this crazy football world... It'll be weird for a while because since I see football I remember this manager  :D
At least, chewing gums will finally get a rest from their violent torture between Sir Alex Ferguson's teeths...  :lol:
So Moyes on a 6 year contract? Shows a lot of faith, but if there's any club out there that shows it pays off to stick with a manager through thick and thin, especially in the first year and after, then it's us. Personally, I would have liked to have seen AVB.
Personally, I think AVB is a good manager, he trained my club with great success, but after that experience he had in Chelsea, with some saying it was some players that made him loose his position, I think he needs some more years in Tottenham to become more experienced in these things, he's only 33 or 34 yo after all. Old for a player, young for a coach...
Ofcourse Chelsea is not Manchester United, but maybe in 4, 5 years, he'll have what he needs to succeed in a top club.
Moyes, I confess I only know the name, not particularly familiar with his achievements in Everton or others but he is scottish too, like Sir Alex, and he was probably recommended by Sir Alex himself, who knows...?  :?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1614 on: May 16, 2013, 08:30:29 PM »
David Beckham to retire from professional soccer
The Associated Press Posted: May 16, 2013 10:18 AM ET Last Updated: May 16, 2013 11:04 AM ET

David Beckham is retiring from soccer, ending a career in which he became a global superstar who transcended the sport.

The 38-year-old Beckham, who recently won a league title in a fourth country with Paris Saint-Germain, said Thursday he will retire after the season.

"I'm thankful to PSG for giving me the opportunity to continue but I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level," the former England captain said in a statement.

Beckham, whose forays into fashion and marriage to a pop-star wife have made him a riveting international celebrity, has two more matches left at PSG. He has been giving his salary to a children's charity.

He started his career with Manchester United and also played for Real Madrid and the Los Angeles Galaxy, winning titles with all those clubs.

"If you had told me as a young boy I would have played for and won trophies with my boyhood club Manchester United, proudly captained and played for my country over one hundred times and lined up for some of the biggest clubs in the world, I would have told you it was a fantasy. I'm fortunate to have realized those dreams," Beckham said.

On the international stage, Beckham made 115 appearances for England's national team — a record for a player other than a goalkeeper.

"To this day, one of my proudest achievements is captaining my country," Beckham said. "I knew every time I wore the Three Lions shirt, I was not only following in a long line of great players, I was also representing every fan that cared passionately about their country. I'm honored to represent England both on and off the pitch."

With United between 1992 and 2003, Beckham won six Premier League titles, the Champions League, two FA Cups and the Intercontinental Cup. Beckham left United in 2003 shortly after manager Alex Ferguson accidentally struck Beckham's eye with a football boot.

Beckham spent four years in Madrid — winning the 2007 Spanish title before making the surprise move to Major League Soccer, where he won the title twice.

There were highs and lows in Beckham's international career. He was blamed for England's elimination from the 1998 World Cup for his petulant red card against Argentina, but scored the winning goal against the same team at the World Cup four years later.

Beckham responded to jeering at the 2000 European Championship with an obscene hand gesture to England fans, but was lauded by the same supporters a little more than a year later when his last-minute free kick against Greece secured a place at the 2002 World Cup.

England dropped Beckham in 2006 in an effort to renew the team with younger players after a quarterfinal exit at that year's World Cup. Coach Steve McClaren recalled him the following year after a run of stuttering form, and he returned for the remainder of England's unsuccessful attempt to qualify for the 2008 European Championship.

His last England appearance came against Belarus in October 2009. He missed the 2010 World Cup because of an Achilles injury, but went to South Africa as part of Fabio Capello's backroom staff.

"I want to thank all my teammates, the great managers that I had the pleasure of learning from," Beckham said. "I also want to thank the fans who have all supported me and given me the strength to succeed."

Beckham had already started planning for his post-playing career earlier in the season, becoming an ambassador for Chinese soccer.

"Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead," Beckham said. "I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back."
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2013/05/16/sp-soccer-david-beckham-retirement.html

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline huppynew

• ecchi
« Reply #1615 on: May 16, 2013, 09:43:31 PM »
Sir Alex, Paul Scholes, David Beckham    :cry: :cry: i'll miss them all

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1616 on: May 20, 2013, 12:31:52 AM »
SPURS!!! :doh: I hope we don't lose Baleany key players this summer, now.

How about that Lukaku hattrick?

In other news, the two fantasy leagues have wrapped up for the season.
http://uk.premierleague.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football/group/1580
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/8353/standings/

Me and tenkei switched positions, from last year, in each of the damn things! I'll win both next year, bro. Yall ninjas need to sign up for the official one, too, it's got more features.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1617 on: May 25, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »
Yall ninjas better be in the IRC, for the Champions League final.

DORTMUND OR BUST

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1618 on: July 08, 2013, 05:11:29 AM »
And soccer fans wonder why they're often seen as being the craziest (and not in a good way) sports fans in the world.

Ok granted, the reason why they did this is severe/shocking/appalling in itself, but that does not justify their reaction to it.

Brazilian fans kill and quarter referee who stabbed soccer player to death
By The Associated Press | The Canadian Press – Sat, 6 Jul, 2013 4:07 PM EDT

SAO PAULO - Police say enraged spectators invaded a soccer field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.

The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. The two got into a fist fight, then Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.

The statement issued this week says Abreu's friends and relatives immediately "rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body."

Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.

Police have arrested one suspect.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/brazilian-fans-kill-quarter-referee-stabbed-football-player-200533834.html

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ActionBala

« Reply #1619 on: July 19, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »
Transfer season going well so far. Does anyone actually think Cesc will be leaving Barca?

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: No Regret Life - Melody