JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Fukai mori

Author Topic: Love in the Fast Lane (multipairing) 24/11/2012 [Will be revamped/continued]  (Read 159855 times)

Offline Megumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
 :OMG: No update....  :err:
You're killing me for waiting so long AFLynx-san  :fainted:

Waiting for your update  :cool2:
Have tumblr have twitter. Just ask ^^

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
 hello AFLynx-san
im still waiting in your update!!
pls comeback and update this!!!
i really want to know what will happen to takamina. :kneelbow: :kneelbow:

Offline chiqinna

• Member+
owww Takamina~~

Offline Megumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
 8)2 dropping by to poke you still waiting for your update   :fainted:

:err:

Offline lollita90

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • izzy-chan desu!
i don't know how many times i've dropped by here just to see if there's an update, yet there's still no new update  :gyaaah:  and every single time i ended up with reading this from the top over and over again.  :farofflook:
Aflynx-san, this fic is sugoi!! too much awesomeness!!  :luvluv2:  i fell in love with this fic that i wish the pairings are all true even in the real life.. especially MariMii  :luvluv1:  first time i read your fic, you made me worshipping MariMii more and more.. i just can't get enough of them, that's why i ended up reading this again n again. also, there's not much fic of marimii like this one. here, they're just SOO DAMNN HOTTTTT!!!!!  :luvluv1: :luvluv2: :nya: :wriggly: :on bleed: :shy2:
i wish that may u will be in good health always, and have free time to update more chapters soon. we will always be waiting here silently and patiently  :on drink:  ganbare!!  :onioncheer:
I love FTM. Nuff said.

Offline Megumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
*poke *poke  :fainted:

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
 i dont know how manny times i read this amazing fic,and i am never got tired of it!!
I hope this fic will be updated soon!!!
:cry:

Offline 7sam14

• A Pinoy Otaku!....
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina Every Day....All The Time....
Please...Please... Please continue this...it's really awesome....since i'm a bit new here...this fic is one of the ones i like the most...so yeah i hope u can update fast....  :)  :)   
Tumblr - http://swifty13otaku48.tumblr.com/
Fb - https://www.facebook.com/shannen.tarrosa

KEEP CALM....AND ALWAYS SUPPORT ATSUMINA!!!

Offline BbSis

• Girls love rules *.*~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Clean the nosebleed and keep reading/writing! @.@
Newbie here o/

Thanks for the exiting fic! I just finished reading it all and loved it ^^~
found it looking for MariMii fanfics o/

Everything was going fine (well, almost, or at least slowly xD) and then Ray make her appearance. I cant say it was quite a shock heuheue but it give us really funny moments. Despite de fact I really like Ray, I'm cheering on Atsuko and hoping that misunderstood will be cleared soon o/

Y'now, in my mind Kai/Nami is a different person from Takamina, and thats why I'm with Atsuko, 'cause theres' no Takamina in Mendol xD

Sorry for the long speech ;p and thank you for the great fic o/ I hope you update soon ^^

<3
Sorry about my lack of activity... I'm kinda stuck in life...

My fics:
It started in a wedding (MariMii + usual couples) - ongoing
The fanfiction post thread (KojiYuu, WMatsui) - ongoing
The cry of a lonely star - ongoing
Oneshots
Oneshots at Perv area

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
Re: Love in the Fast Lane [CHAPTER 18e - And that's a wrap] Act 14 UPDATE! 04/01
« Reply #489 on: September 04, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »
Lookie Lookie! I found something that I read but forgot to come back to leave comments for =p

TBH I can't remember what my comments were at the time of reading because it has been a while ago and I'm currently in the mood of "Please let this shift end, I wanna go home" so yea. Came digging in here to find stuff that I owe comments to =p

First I know you already know but I still remember how you kept me waiting for the longest time after just giving me a bit of baits to these then told me the rest isn't completed yet!

You know when you first let me read what you wrote in the beginninig with awesome Director Kira and Acchan =p. So yea Everything was going nice and smoothly until you added Ray in there =(. Now you need to quickly fix everything so we can have some crazy action and a happy ever after ending!

Oh yea I'm still waiting for those other stories you were talking about =p I'm waitinggggggg
Notice how I didn't comment much about the overall chapter? =p
It's because it has been a while since I read it and don't have the kyaaaaaa feeling or ohhhhhhhhh moments to comment on anymore =p

~immo_k

Offline yuuzu05

• ecchi
Re: Love in the Fast Lane [CHAPTER 18e - And that's a wrap] Act 14 UPDATE! 04/01
« Reply #490 on: September 23, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »
I read the whole story twice, I really love how you write the interactions between the characters especially marimii   :twothumbs
i hope you can continue this story, please update when you can   :bow:  :bow:

Offline 7sam14

• A Pinoy Otaku!....
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina Every Day....All The Time....
« Reply #491 on: September 25, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
Pls. Update....  :on cny2: :gyaaah: :prayers:
I'll be waiting  :dozing:
Tumblr - http://swifty13otaku48.tumblr.com/
Fb - https://www.facebook.com/shannen.tarrosa

KEEP CALM....AND ALWAYS SUPPORT ATSUMINA!!!

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #492 on: November 12, 2012, 02:53:24 AM »
 :twisted: LET'S BUMP THIS THREAD!!!!  :twisted: bwahahahahahahahaha  :twisted:

Just adding a little pressure on your back ;)

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #493 on: November 12, 2012, 07:24:39 AM »
:twisted: LET'S BUMP THIS THREAD!!!!  :twisted: bwahahahahahahahaha  :twisted:

Just adding a little pressure on your back ;)

o_o

Offline Crossing Crossroads

• Forever going to rainbow over the moon and across the stars..~
  • Member+
  • Hurro thur. I like (to) danso.
« Reply #494 on: November 17, 2012, 05:57:09 AM »
This is good. *starry eyes* But I noticed this hasn't been updated in... FIVE MONTHS?! SIX?! Ah... That's okay. I can wait. For as long as ever. I'll even read it in heaven (or hell, if the devil even wants me) if I do die one day before it's update. (Fat chance.)

:3
I AM A KINOSHITA ANDREA YUKIKO OSHI. ♥

-

All of you can call me Cross! (Honorifics are nice, but I'd rather not with too much formality. o w ob!)

You can try to contact me at my blog on tumblr, andreabutts. I also have another blog that you can try to contact me with if andreabutts is not replied within two days, callmeawota.

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #495 on: November 19, 2012, 12:16:27 PM »
Just Joining

Keep up the good work and looking forward to the next chapter

Thank you for the interesting fanfic :twothumbs :twothumbs

Atsuko pls be patient :bow: And Minami be aggressive  :cow: :peace:

Offline takamae

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #496 on: November 19, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
I can't wait about the song, I think minami going to use acchan writting for the lyric, is it??
Minami and acchan need to be more true about how they feel
Ray always a complication but I think it's good to test minami and acchan love
I read your story in just 2 days, thank you....it's a fantastic story ^^
Please update soon, will be waiting :D

Offline AFLynx

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • In my world, anything is possible.
Love in the Fast Lane [CHAPTER 19 Part I - Sathday] FINALLY UPDATED! 11/25
« Reply #497 on: November 24, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
Before anything else... AUTHOR'S NOTE:  XD

:kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow:
I truly apologize that it really took me a loooooooooooooooooooong time to update. Real life caught up with me and hooked me up real good. But seriously, work has been (and ALWAYS been) a pain that I haven't been seriously been writing.  :fainted: As a gift for everyone's support and patience, I made a banner which can be viewed on the first post where my index is. Hope everyone will like it.  :)

Thank you everyone for being so patient with me. I won't promise that I will update every 3 days or something, but I can assure you that when I do update next time, I'll make sure that everyone will appreciate it. This fic after all, is for all of you  :)

I know I haven't replied to all the comments in here since my last update, but I promise to comment after this post.  :on study:

Anyway, on to the story...

LOVE IN THE FAST LANE
=================

Chapter 19 PART 1 – Sathday

Switch

Coming out of the bathroom, Yuko sat down in front of a dresser that she shares with her sisters. She smiled at the memory of a few years back when their mother suggested that the 3 of them could have their own rooms now that they all have grown up.

Mariko instantly did not like the idea, saying that now that they are all grown up, they need more “bonding time” and “girls talk”.

Atsuko pleaded to her parents not to give her a separate room. Although she’s the most territorial among us three, Yuko chuckled, remembering how her little sister placed markers in their bedroom when they were kids.

She on the other hand, always loved their talks before going to bed, and of course declined their mother’s offer. After hearing tons of protests from her daughters, their mother got the idea and converted the extra rooms into guest rooms.

Glancing around their room, she smiled again when her eyes stopped at the calendar pinned on the wall beside their dresser. Acchan’s been looking forward toward to our triple date tomorrow. She’s not the only one, that’s for sure. Yuko chuckled, noting how her youngest sister marked the said date with a flower, just like what she did on her desk calendar at work.

Her musings stopped when she heard a rustle of sheets on Atsuko’s bed. Eh? Why is she still here? “I thought you went along with Mariko onee-chan at the garage?” she asked.

Atsuko sat up, ignoring her disheveled sleepy state. “I don’t want to go to the garage today,” she mumbled, plopping back to her bed.

“Are you sick?” Yuko’s older sister mode kicking in, rushed to the other girl’s side and placed her palm on her sister’s forehead. No fever.

“No… I just don’t wanna…”

Yuko sighed in relief. Yep, she’s not sick alright… “Ne, is it about Takamina then?” she softly inquired. Her assumptions were proven correct as Atsuko just burrowed deeper under blanket.

“Onee-chan…”

“Yes, what is it Acchan?” Yuko asked, knowing there’s something wrong whenever her sister made a tiny voice.

“How do you express your love to Haruna-chan? And… and… how do you know that whatever she does means that she loves you back?” Atsuko asked, peeking out of her blankets.

Interesting topic we’re having here. Yuko blinked, “Um, okaaay… I thought we’re gonna talk about you and Takamina…”

Her younger sister huffed, sitting back up again to face her. “Mou~ it’s just that… that… Argh! I don’t know how to say this. I mean, am I going too fast for Takamina? Am I going too slow? Did I tease her too much that I actually scared her? Or… or… haven’t I given much attention to her…”

Yuko blinked as Atsuko flailed her arms for each question that came from her mouth. I hope those are rhetorical questions so I won’t have to answer, “Well Acchan, you see…”

“…Am I not pretty enough for her? Am I ugly? I know I’m not ugly but… OHMYGOD! Am I getting FAT? I haven’t checked my weight these past few days! I’m so gonna blame mom’s cooking for this…”

“Acchan! Stop it! You’re babbling!” Yuko almost shouted as she shook her sister’s shoulders to stop her from ranting any longer.

“Then what is wrong with me?” Atsuko silently asked, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Yuko sighed at the question, feeling the distressed aura around Atsuko. “First of all: You. Are. Not. Fat. You’re getting thin as it is that I think you already made a run for Mariko onee-chan’s money. Second, you’re not ugly; it’s simply not in our genes! There’s nothing wrong with you, that I can assure you.” she teased, hoping that she would lighten up the mood. “I think you’re just insecure.”

“Nani?”

Atsuko’s barrage of questions made Yuko sad. She knows that her little (though taller than her) sister is a confident person that earned her the position of being the Ace of the AKB48 Flag Girls.

“Acchan, it’s clearly written all over your face that I can already spell it out for you. Seriously, whoever’s in your shoes right now will feel that way. I mean, you haven’t been spending time with each other since that music video started and you haven’t got the chance to really talk to her. Ne, tell me, have you told Takamina exactly how you feel about her?”

Atsuko simply raised a sarcastic eyebrow at her sister. As if I have the chance to tell her with Ray latched on her arm every time I see her in the garage…

“Oookayyyy… maybe you shouldn’t answer that. Here’s what I see Acchan,” Yuko said as she scooted closer to her sister, “Maybe… just maybe… that you should tell Takamina that you actually like her. Takamina is a very good person that’s why it’s easy for her to make friends and I bet that’s the reason why she already has a huge fanbase in the racing industry. Forgive me for being blunt but even though she’s all that jazz, the poor girl is actually dense.” She patted Atsuko’s shoulder in sympathy which made the other girl chuckle.

“So that’s it? I’ll just tell her that I like her? I mean I like her like her?”

“Yup! At least you’re being honest with your feelings instead of panicking and letting Ray taking the lead towards Takamina.” Yuko smiled as she tucked some stray hair on Atsuko’s ear like she always does when they were kids. “Promise me two things Acchan: first, stay home and get some rest. Lastly, gather your wits and talk to Takamina tomorrow on our triple date, okay?”

“Okay…” Atsuko drawled. “But you never really answered my question.”

Damn, I thought I got away with it. “Well, let’s just say that I know that she cares because of a pinky promise.” Yuko grinned at her sister’s confusion, remembering the promise clearly in front of an altar after their cousin’s wedding. “Anyway imouto-chan, I’d better get going. At this rate, I won’t be able to make it to the garage on time. I’ll just see you later when I get back.”

As she was about to get up from her sister’s bed, Atsuko yanked her back. “Ano… onee-chan, I have a favor to ask.”

The older sister sighed, “What now Acchan? Seriously, one of these days I’ll have to collect the favors from you.” Yuko teased. Atsuko sheepishly tugged her blanket then leaned in to whisper on her sister’s ear. The more that Yuko listened, the more her eyes widened.

“EHHHHHHHHHHHH?! Nani?!”

Substitution

“I’m bored…”

“Me too…”

“Me three…”

“Oi, if you three are just being bored, stop sighing or start working! Just because we don’t have scheduled races lately it means that everyone has an excuse to slack off. Minna, back to work, or else it’s car washing duty to anyone caught bumming around!” Sayaka’s commanding tone echoed in the garage. A din of “Hai~” was the AKB48 Crew’s reply to the Crew Chief. Haruna, Takamina and Miichan winced inwardly as it was obvious that they’ve been caught in their musings.

“The Chief sure knows how to ruin the mood…” Miichan mumbled as she and her cousins gathered their tools.

“What mood? There’s no mood to ruin because it’s practically boring since Mariko-chan cancelled all the team’s schedules since the ‘accident’.” Takamina stressed the last word by quoting with her fingers as she opened up the hood of the partially restored Gatchapink. The nickname stuck to the pink AKB48 racing car since Miichan named it before the previous race.

“She has every reason to cancel it. Heck, I think ever racing circuit in the country cancelled most of the scheduled races for this month… well nightly city races are exception to the rule of course.” Haruna pointed out.

“Good point. I just miss the adrenaline that’s all.” Takamina sighed then looked at the garage entrance, making her cousins follow her gaze.

“Ne, Takamina… you’ve been sighing since we got in for the day. Are you waiting for someone?” Miichan teased, poking her cousin’s side with a wrench.

“Stop with the poking! I’m actually…” The arrival of an ebony Jaguar XJ stopped her from replying further. Takamina watched the passenger door open, only to be disappointed as it was only Yuko who stepped out of the luxury car. The flitting emotions that flickered in her eyes did not miss Miichan’s deciphering gaze.

“Ah… so that’s why…” was only Miichan’s reply, patting Takamina’s shoulder in sympathy.

----------

“I have a favor to ask you onee-chan she says. I promise to return the favor she says, “ Yuko mockingly mumbled to herself, mimicking her younger sister’s plea earlier this morning. “Lucky for her Mariko onee-chan agreed to her request BEFORE she told me or else I might’ve dragged her with me to work.” She grumbled, adjusting her Marc Jacobs leather bag on her right shoulder and tucking her black dress bag securely in her arms at the same time, missing the three cousins who waved at her as she passed by to what looked like a damaged pink car in her peripheral vision.

"Yuko, ohayou..." Haruna tried again, this time calling out the Flag Girls captain's name. Takamina and Miichan gave each other a curious look. This is the first time Yuko didn't pounce on their cousin in greeting.

Yuko turned her head so fast that she thought she’d get a whiplash. “Ah. NYANNYAN! Imsorryimsorryimsorryididntseeyou—AAAAH!” the rambling stopped short as she tripped on her dress bag which she half-dragged along with her as she made a run towards Haruna. Expecting to kiss the floor due to free falling face first, she let out an audible Oof! as slender yet surprisingly strong arms wrapped around her waist in the nick of time to prevent her from falling.

“Careful Yuko! Mou, what has gotten into you at this time of the day?” Haruna mildly chided, helping the other girl up on her feet. Yuko stared at her savior, feeling a rush of blood flow to her ears and cheeks. The taller girl always did everything at her own pace that it made the squirrel girl wonder in awe and where did the sudden display of agility, strength and alertness came from.

“N-NyanNyan gomen… I-I’m sorry um… Thank you for um, you know… for catching I mean, helping me.” Yuko stammered, groaning inwardly at the thought of looking like an idiot trying to string words to form sentences in front Haruna.

“No problem at all. Although, I can imagine a thundercloud looming above your head when you came in; is there something wrong?”

Another groan escaped from her lips as her arms waved helplessly to gather back her wits. “It’s Acchan…” Yuko replied, nodding her head in appreciation as Haruna grabbed the dress bag from her hands to avoid further accidents.

“Ano… Yuko-chan, is she coming in for work today? I have something to give her.”

It was Takamina, fidgeting in her shoes, clutching a CD case shyly. Yuko expected the Drifter to ask for her sister’s whereabouts. She gently shook her head in reply and gave a comforting pat on the racer’s shoulder while curiously eyeing the CD that is in Takamina’s hands.

“Gomen ne, Takamina. Acchan is kinda feeling under the weather right now,” she replied. For her, that’s the best answer that she could offer to the other girl.

“Oh. I guess I’ll just have to wait for tomorrow then.”

Just before Takamina jogged her way back to Gachapin, Yuko grabbed her hand. “Takamina?”

“Um… what is it Yuko-chan?”

“I’m not going to say that you should not worry because you already are. She’ll be here tomorrow, and will join me and my onee-chan together with you and your cousins just as you’ve planned. Make sure to talk to her tomorrow and give her that present. AND make sure you don’t back out because this whole triple date thing is your idea and you’re paying.”

Takamina chuckled at the last statement and nodded in reply, “I’ll show up don’t worry, and I promise I’ll do everything that you’ve just noted.”

Yuko waved Takamina off to do whatever she’s been doing to Gachapin. “So, care to share what happened?” Yuko heard Haruna ask. She rolled her eyes, as she recalled what happened just an hour ago.

“NyanNyan, you see…”

----------

“EHHHHHHHHHHHH?! Nani?!”

“It’s just a small favor onee-chan! I promise to return the favor in… in tenfold! No wait, make it a hundredfold!”

“Fine, I’ll discuss it with onee-chan first.” Yuko huffed, grabbing her mobile phone on her bedside table.

“I already asked her before she left and she already agreed to my request.”

“NANI?!” Yuko exclaimed, almost dropping the phone when she heard her sister’s reply. “Why didn’t you asked me first?!” I was looking forward to spending the whole day with NyanNyan. Mou~

Atsuko rolled her eyes, “Mariko onee-chan and I have been waking you up a while ago. You slept like a log even though we’ve been shaking you to wake up that I think you can sleep through an earthquake!”

Yuko let out a deep sigh and plopped on her bed, staring at her sister. “Onee-chan, please cover for me, will you? I am emotionally stressed as it is that I don’t think I will perform my best for the team.” Atsuko added.

As the AKB48 Flag Girls captain, Yuko doesn’t tolerate poor performances from any member especially from the Ace. “Okay, okay, OKAY! I got your point! Just… tell me about your schedule for the day so that we can just get over this.”

Atsuko squealed in delight as her older sister finally gave in to her request. Plopping beside Yuko, she told her about the details of the performance. Thanks to their Uncle Yasusu Akimoto, AKB48 team is one of the sponsors of a street city race in Chiba. Because of this, they need to send out a member of the Flag Girls to at least perform a flag girl’s duty in the main event. It’s a perfect opportunity for them to gain more supporters for the team.

"Ah well, since I'm covering for you, I might as well watch the races before the main event." Yuko said off-handedly to lighten her mood. "I'll just give the usual speech and wave the flags right?"

"Hai! Thankyouthankyouthankyou onee-chan!" Atsuko gushed, pulling her older sister for a bone crushing hug.

"Gah! Don't thank me yet, I remember you promising to return the favor in hundredfold." Yuko wheezed from Atsuko's embrace. "C'mon squirt, help me pack what I’m gonna wear for the event. I’m already late; I’m sure to get an earful from Mariko onee-chan when I get to the garage.”

“Squirt?! You can’t call me that anymore – I’m already taller than you!”

“Too bad Acchan I’m your older sister. You’ll always be a squirt to me.”

“Mou!”

----------

“Aaand that’s what happened this morning.”

“Wow,” Haruna’s eyebrows rose as Yuko finished telling her story, “Trust Acchan to get what she wants from her sisters.”

“ I’m starting to believe that the trait runs in the family,” Yuko replied with a smug look. “But then again, Acchan used the youngest sister trump card that’s why I caved.”

The taller girl laughed at Yuko’s statement, “I bet you can also get what you want.”

Yuko was about to reply when her phone buzzed inside her pocket. “Ah excuse me for a moment NyanNyan,” she flipped her phone open and gave Haruna an apologetic look. “Moshi-moshi onee-cha… What do you mean? I’m not la-… Hai hai, I already talked to Accha-… Mou, would you stop interrupting me already! Fine, I’ll drop by your office first. See you later onee-chan.” She looked incredulously at her phone as the conversation ends. “Someone really has to pull that stick from Mariko onee-chan’s butt. She’s very prickly when she’s working too hard.”

“Ah well, let’s just leave that to Miichan. I’m sure that she can do something about that… um, stick that you’re talking about.” Haruna shook her head in amusement. Hooking the dress bag over her shoulder, she grabbed Yuko’s hand, “Come on Yuko, let’s go.”

“Go where?” Yuko asked, absently licking her now dry lips as she felt the warmth of the other girl’s hand.

“To Mariko-chan’s office, silly.” Haruna giggled, pulling Yuko towards the exit ignoring her incessant mumblings and the amused looks on Takamina and Miichan’s faces.

Strategy

Sigh.

Takamina slumped to her seat she let out a bored, yet supposedly cleansing breath. It’s lunchtime, and honestly, the highlight of her day since they started racing for the AKB48 team. Lunchtime means they could relax after tinkering around cars and puttering around the garage. It means she could hang out and share bentos with the rest of the team. Lunchtime means bonding time with her cousins together with Atsuko and her sisters.

Another sigh. This lunchtime is different, and definitely her least favorite of all lunchtimes.

Atsuko did not come to work today.

Takamina let out a sigh for the nth time as she pierced a piece of katsudon with her fork, ignoring the fact that someone just sat beside her in her usual lunch table. She plans on continuing to ignore whoever it was, until she felt a pair of eyes boring at the side of her skull.

“Oh, it’s you. Tomochin, you know very well that it’s rude to stare at another person.” She frowned at her childhood best friend who just kept staring at her.

“Have you talked to Atsuko-chan yet?” Tomochin asked, ignoring what Takamina just said.

“No, I haven’t.”

“What?! You promised me that you’ll talk to her! I can’t believe I have a chicken for a best friend!” Tomochin hissed, poking her finger repeatedly on Takamina’s arm as she stressed every word.

“Ow! Hey, what the…! OW! Quit poking me, will you?! Geez, what’s with you and Miichan today that you two been poking me. I bruise easily!” Takamina complained, rubbing her arm. “And no, I’m definitely not chickening out with my promise. She just didn’t come to work today.”

“Oh right, I forgot. Yuko-chan informed the team that she’s not coming in for work today.”

Takamina gaped, “Then why the hell did you poke my arm for?!”

“Nothing.  I’m just trying to get on your nerves. Mission accomplished.” Tomochin shrugged. “I’m serious Takamina. You need to talk to Atsuko-chan and sort out whatever is going on between the two of you. If you don’t, everything might blow out of proportion.”

The drifter smiled. It’s always been like this since they were kids. They always got each other’s backs, Haruna and Miichan included. She always berates Takamina whenever she did (or is about to do) something wrong, but is always ready to lend an ear and give a hug whenever she needs one. Sometimes, Takamina wished she could openly talk to Tomochin about everything.

For now, she’s glad that her best friend is back in her life.

“Hai, hai! I’ve been meaning to talk to her; I even have something to give her.” She replied, thinking of the CD now tucked inside her cubby in their locker room.

“Fine then. I’ll accept that answer, for now.” Tomochin saw her girlfriend get settled across another table in front of them and waved at her. “Also, remember what I said yesterday: stay away from the diva. She’s bad news for the both of you.”

Takamina gave her a confused look, “Diva? You mean Ray?”

“Okay… since when are you calling her on a first name basis?” Tomochin raised an eyebrow.

“It’s her name, isn’t it? She’s the one who insisted I call her Ray,” Takamina explained, “And besides, we’ve been working on that music video of hers and I can assure you that she can be a good person whenever she wants to.”

You never changed. Always seeing the best in someone. “Whatever. Just don’t come running to me and say that I didn’t warn you.” Tomochin gave her a final poke on the arm as she stood up. She made her way towards Tomo-mi and waved at Haruna, Miichan and Atsuko’s sisters as they made their way to where Takamina is sitting.

“What was that all about?” Miichan asked, pulling a chair for Mariko to sit on.

“You know her Miichan. She’s always trying to put her nose on someone else’s business.” Takamina replied.

“Knowing Tomochin, I think she meant well.” Mariko simply said as everyone ate their lunch.

Takamina nodded in agreement. Looking at her cousins together with Mariko and Yuko, she really felt like a fifth wheel without Atsuko around. She rolled her eyes as Miichan fed Mariko from her bento every now and then while Yuko tried to steal kisses from Haruna whenever her cousin is preoccupied with her lunch.

Honestly, if Atsuko is around right now, she wouldn’t even mind the teasing that she usually gets from the Ace.

“You’re good to go, right Yuko-chan?” Mariko asked in between chews.

“Of course I am! I’m the Captain after all.” Yuko winked at her older sister. Everyone simply rolled their eyes. Mayuyu jogged towards their table and tapped Mariko on the shoulder.

“Ano, Mariko-sama, someone is looking for you at the lobby. He looks like a delivery guy or something.” Mayuyu said.

“Nani? The security guards could’ve received the item and just dropped it in my office.” Mariko replied.

“I already told that to Guard-san,” Mayuyu rolled her eyes playfully, “the thing is, the delivery guy insisted he give it to you personally. He said he’s from the Yamamoto racing team.”

Mentioning the aforementioned team piqued the cousins’ curiosity but didn’t show it least will raise some suspicions from Mariko and Yuko. Miichan frowned, Takamina simply looked at her two cousins while Haruna just nodded at them in understanding.

Mariko sighed, “Fine then, I’ll go meet up with this delivery guy that you’re talking about. Thanks Mayuyu,” acknowledging the younger girl. “I’m sorry Minami, for making our lunch break short. I’ll see you later?”

“Of course Mariko, I’ll drop by in a bit. Love you!” Miichan winked, giving her girlfriend a peck on the lips. Mariko gave out a short laugh when the other girls on their table groaned at the public display of affection as she left the table.

“Well, I have to go back to the studio as well.” Yuko said in-between chews as she finished her bento.

“Really? Whatever for?” Haruna asked.

“I have to prepare my outfit for the event, and not to mention to make some calls to our family driver so he could pick me up on time. The event organizers said that I have to be at the venue an hour before the event even though they would need me at the last race.”

“Oh, so that means I won’t be seeing you for the rest of the day then.”

“Awww, NyanNyan, I’m gonna miss you too~” Yuko said in a sing songy voice as she pinched the taller girl’s cheek.

“Itai! I didn’t say I’ll miss you baka!”

Yuko simply giggled at Haruna’s pouting face. “Whatever NyanNyan. You can always call me whenever during the event. Ja!” Yuko said as she hugged Haruna then bound of towards the studio. The three cousins let out a bored sigh when they were left behind on their lunch table.

“Well, now that we’re the only ones left, I think this is the most boring lunchtime ever.” Miichan said.

“You said it.” Haruna replied.

“Ditto.” Takamina mumbled.

----------

The rest of the afternoon flew by quickly and now it’s already the team’s afternoon break. Haruna raised the idea of having an emergency meeting and the three of them went to a secluded spot on the parking lot where they would usually park Gakutenou.

“I’m getting a nasty feeling…” Haruna said, leaning on the passenger door of their car.

“Geez, Haruna. If you’re having a nasty feeling then maybe you should go to the toilet instead of dragging us here. I could’ve been spending my time with Mariko right now!” Miichan complained.

“Get your mind out of the gutter Miichan!” Haruna growled, lightly slapping the back of her head.

“Ouch! Watch it will you?! I’m still feeling the effect of the whiplash I got from the crash!”

Takamina rolled her eyes, “Tell us about this nasty feeling Haruna.”

“Well, I have this nasty feeling that the slimeball Jun will be in the event that Yuko mentioned.”

“So, are you suggesting…”

“Yup. We should go and investigate. And to do that, we should join in the race.” Haruna’s idea made her cousins giddy with excitement.

“Let me drive and join the race Haruna!” Miichan excitedly volunteered.

“No way Miichan! You joined the last race so it’s my turn already!” Takamina complained.

“That doesn’t count because technically, I didn’t finish the race because of that freaky accident!” The two continued to bicker as they debated who will have the chance to drive for the event.

“Stop it, both of you! You two will not race for this event. I will be the one racing this time.” Haruna immediately interrupted before they strangle each other. “Besides, it’s my turn to drive."

“Whaaaaaaaaat?” Miichan drawled. Takamina huffed in defiance.

“First of all Miichan, you’re still not fit to drive. You’re the one who yowled in pain when I slapped your head so no, you’re not gonna drive for this race.” Haruna countered. “And you Takamina,” pointing at her smallest cousin, “I know you’ve been sleeping at ungodly hours and I know that most of it is because we’ve been doing investigations and all that but seriously, I’m not liking your pale complexion recently. So no Takamina, you’re not fit to drive either.”

“Demo…” Miichan and Takamina, whined at the same time.

“Which part of NO did you not understand: the N or the O?” Haruna countered back, this time her crossing her arms on her chest.

Takamina and Miichan blinked. They know that Haruna is only insistent and used an angry tone when she goes into the eldest cousin mode. It’s true that technically, Takamina bested her cousins academically and is the leader of their unit in the agency but when it comes to family and their wellbeing, Haruna has the last say as the eldest among the three.

“Fine, I understand.” Miichan caved in understanding.

“Me too Haruna,” Takamina nodded, “It’s your call now Haruna. What’s the plan? You do have a plan, right?”

“Oh yes, I do have a plan.” Haruna grinned impishly.

To be continued...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 10:44:58 PM by AFLynx »

Offline arrow27

• Member+
Re: Love in the Fast Lane [CHAPTER 19 Part I - Sathday] FINALLY UPDATED! 11/25
« Reply #498 on: November 24, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »
Thanks for the update :) Really enjoy your fic & I'll patiently be witing for the next one :D

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Love in the Fast Lane [CHAPTER 19 Part I - Sathday] FINALLY UPDATED! 11/25
« Reply #499 on: November 24, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »
OMG!! thanx for the updated.. Im waiting a lot.. and its works... AMAZIIIIIIIIIING!! my kojiyuu, atsumina.. even i miss ray too jeje

dont leave us alone so much please..

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Fukai mori