JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Crazy For You no Kisetsu

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread  (Read 81863 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 11:58:38 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2010, 12:28:15 AM »
Surprised nobody's reported on this yet. Star Wars movies are getting released in the cinema again. In 3D.

The entire Star Wars film saga is to be converted into 3D, director George Lucas has announced.

A statement on the Star Wars website said: "The cutting edge conversion will take that immersion to the next thrilling level."

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace is expected to be released in 2012, with the other films to follow.

Last month, it was announced that 3D films had helped boost UK box office takings by 8%.

It had been reported that Lucas had delayed converting the Star Wars movies into 3D until there were enough screens available to screen them.

Following the success of James Cameron's Avatar, which broke several box office records, 3D movies have become more common.

This year, Alice In Wonderland, Toy Story 3 and Shrek Forever After were all released in 3D and proved to be a big hit at cinemas.

But reactions to the news about Star Wars have been mixed.

"Watching TPM (The Phantom Menace) in 3D would be like the car actually crashing into your face as opposed to just unfolding before your eyes," British Star Trek actor and science fiction fan Simon Pegg said on micro-blogging site Twitter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11434545

Pegg put it better than I ever could! I mean, really George?

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 12:42:38 AM »
^
Yeah, I knew about that 3D shizz George spouting for a while now.
When I had heard about it, I just shook my head. :smhid
George just continuing to milk/choke his creation.
Simon Pegg definitely hit that on the head, fo sho.

Original Trilogy > prequels
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2010, 12:46:18 AM »

"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2010, 10:17:24 PM »
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2010, 08:17:27 PM »
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2010, 06:38:07 AM »
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »

Alessandra Torresani as Princess Leia on "Attack of the Show" (11/9/10)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
^ oh yes i remember that episode well  :grin:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2010, 07:19:55 PM »
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2011, 07:28:01 AM »
LIVE from the CES, Star Wars on Bluray:

source: http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20110107_418609.html

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2011, 07:52:28 AM »
Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray Now!

The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

* Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
    * Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
    * Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong."

Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets at Amazon.com today!
http://starwars.com/themovies/saga/preorder_bluray/index.html

It's about fucking time!

Offline [R-748]

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »

never thought that Darth Vader can be cute XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »
WHOA!! Star Wars inspired Honda chopper!

how you ride this. when they use this in Star Wars? ROTJ?

source: http://gigazine.net/news/20110529_star_wars_inspired_honda_chopper/

Offline jackcole

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^^v
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »
Surprised nobody's reported on this yet. Star Wars movies are getting released in the cinema again. In 3D.

The entire Star Wars film saga is to be converted into 3D, director George Lucas has announced.

A statement on the Star Wars website said: "The cutting edge conversion will take that immersion to the next thrilling level."

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace is expected to be released in 2012, with the other films to follow.

Last month, it was announced that 3D films had helped boost UK box office takings by 8%.

It had been reported that Lucas had delayed converting the Star Wars movies into 3D until there were enough screens available to screen them.

Following the success of James Cameron's Avatar, which broke several box office records, 3D movies have become more common.

This year, Alice In Wonderland, Toy Story 3 and Shrek Forever After were all released in 3D and proved to be a big hit at cinemas.

But reactions to the news about Star Wars have been mixed.

"Watching TPM (The Phantom Menace) in 3D would be like the car actually crashing into your face as opposed to just unfolding before your eyes," British Star Trek actor and science fiction fan Simon Pegg said on micro-blogging site Twitter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11434545

Pegg put it better than I ever could! I mean, really George?

Damn you George!  :scolding: A true definition of a modern capitalist.  Why not make a film version of KOTOR instead? That would be awesome.
^v^

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2011, 09:26:16 PM »
George Lucas continuing to ruin the Star Wars films for everyone. This time he adds another Darth Vader 'NOOOO' in Return of the Jedi in the Blu-Ray release:

Yes it's genuine. I'm not as big a SW fanboy anymore but this just seems unnecessary. Vader showed he cared simply by intervening.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2011, 11:51:31 PM »
Way to go George.
[/sarcasm]

I'm not as big a SW fanboy anymore but this just seems unnecessary. Vader showed he cared simply by intervening.
This, right here.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »
What the hell? Adding that NOOO to that scene I can understand. But why change this? :lol:

Offline puretsubasa

• ecchi
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2011, 09:23:43 PM »
The only thing I can say about both of those is:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

I don't know why he continues to change things when we like the series the way it was originally...

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Crazy For You no Kisetsu