JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fullarmor - Zion

Author Topic: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)  (Read 314273 times)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)
« Reply #1860 on: March 15, 2013, 11:55:48 PM »
I also beat Tomb Raider. It was good, but I think it could have been a lot better. Gun combat is fun, some beautiful locations, lots of collectables. Just wish they would have focused more on surviving and exploring the ancient Japanese temples, WW2 side stuff, puzzles and less on the mowing down thousands of generic cult dudes and saving ultra stereotypical friends. Plus the collectables are ultimately worthless.

Just finished the story and can totally sign this.
I love the new Lara, but the game itself was no Tomb Raider for me, I still enjoyed it in the end (after I killed my expectations with a headshot). For a sequel I would like to see more of the "old" TR strengths: exploration, climbing and PUZZLES, I mean like real puzzles, the challenging kind.

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #1861 on: March 17, 2013, 12:06:56 PM »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1862 on: March 17, 2013, 06:23:42 PM »
Finally finished all the Halo 4 Spec Ops episodes. Managed to actually do 3 flawless (e.g. no deaths), I must be getting better at this...

Now on to the ME3 Citadel DLC, then Tomb Raider.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1863 on: March 24, 2013, 07:43:10 AM »
I've been in the mood for retro shit so I copped these two games:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1864 on: March 25, 2013, 03:41:42 AM »
Went back to playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2 because all the latest MonHun games are on Nintendo consoles. Lol.

It was fun killing 2 Kut-kus in under 10 minutes. Less fun when I had to wait around for the stupid Plesioth to jump out of the water so I could hit it. Also, why did I not think of using bombs before this? Made my fight against the Monoblos so much easier :lol:

Also the game hates me and refuses to give me Kut-ku Ears 4 times in a row despite me breaking them. Every. Single. Time. BOTH OF THEM. *growl*

You can tell I'm having fun XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1865 on: March 25, 2013, 04:46:50 AM »
Mark my words, that will be the best use of 10 bucks that you ever spend. Now you know how I feel! Doesn't it make you remember why you love video games? How far are you in it?

I have defeated Lord Gwyn! Such a amazing game. :heart:

Honestly, as a Pyro/Mage it's not as hard as I expected. One shotting most enemies and 2 shotting bosses, doesn't seem fair. :P The one boss fight that gave me trouble was freaking Bed of Chaos. Mostly because it requires poise, physical defense and a little luck and I didn't have much of any of those. :lol: Oh and Sen's Fort-mess. Died there more than my fair share.

Red Lady (loosely inspired by Melisandre since I was a pyro and watching season 2 of GOT recently :lol:)

I like how there are times when you see structures in the distance and realize "hey isn't that where I came from way back in the beginning"

Now for new game+ and to start a heavy weapon based character.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:52:09 AM by zoolander »

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #1866 on: March 25, 2013, 06:54:20 AM »
I finally got my guild to help me finish the story campaign for Guild Wars 2.  The final battle was worth the countless hours grinding and farming to get to a suitable character level and equipment setup.  Heh, I kinda abandoned Borderlands 2 even though I thought I would be trying to complete a TVHM playthrough with my Mechromancer while giving up GW2.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline ReDDsHaD0w

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1867 on: March 25, 2013, 07:42:11 AM »
I'm currently playing Etrian Odyssey IV for 3DS, but only for a couple more weeks until the Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers game gets released on April 16th. :angry:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1868 on: March 25, 2013, 07:53:25 AM »
Mark my words, that will be the best use of 10 bucks that you ever spend. Now you know how I feel! Doesn't it make you remember why you love video games? How far are you in it?

Honestly, as a Pyro/Mage it's not as hard as I expected. One shotting most enemies and 2 shotting bosses, doesn't seem fair. :P The one boss fight that gave me trouble was freaking Bed of Chaos. Mostly because it requires poise, physical defense and a little luck and I didn't have much of any of those. :lol: Oh and Sen's Fort-mess. Died there more than my fair share.

Red Lady (loosely inspired by Melisandre since I was a pyro and watching season 2 of GOT recently :lol:)

I like how there are times when you see structures in the distance and realize "hey isn't that where I came from way back in the beginning"

Congrats! Bed of Chaos is a bitch because it's the one fight I felt that was down to pure luck.What about that Ornstein and Smough though? I would recommend the DLC if you're looking for some additional challenge (and a challenge it is)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1869 on: March 25, 2013, 11:40:20 PM »
wrc powerslide - it's pretty fun so far  :thumbup

Offline fakkuaccount

• ecchi
« Reply #1870 on: April 01, 2013, 01:03:37 AM »

Congrats! Bed of Chaos is a bitch because it's the one fight I felt that was down to pure luck.What about that Ornstein and Smough though? I would recommend the DLC if you're looking for some additional challenge (and a challenge it is)

Bed of Chaos was a bitch and its the worst design ever. It was suppose to be a amazing fight but they rushed it and changed it completely sadly. also the DLC Boss was a bitch too. Try doing it with out the pendant =D. its a challenge.

beisdes that i am currently playing League of legends and starcraft 2=P

Please come have a Visit, tons of zettai ryouiki and thigh high
http://ournobodywasheres.tumblr.com/

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1871 on: April 01, 2013, 07:20:53 AM »
Finally got a chance to play Batman Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year version). Inner Child Hart is jumping up and down in joy for hearing Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill as the voices of Batman and Joker respectively. Does give me headaches if I play for more than an hour. Let's see how well I do in Batman's shoes.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1872 on: April 06, 2013, 04:10:02 AM »
I was playing Bioshock Infinite. Got to the part where you get that hook arm thing. Been pretty fun so far.
But just switched to Starcraft Heart of the Swarm. It's all good old starcraft again. But really not any changes at all (no need to mess with perfection?). Mission maps so far also feel pretty "one roaded" with very specific mission goals.
But I've only played the first few missions, maybe they were made simple for tutorial purposes and there are more fun missions awaiting. :)

Offline exequias

• ecchi
« Reply #1873 on: April 09, 2013, 06:52:56 AM »
just finished with Assassins Creed 3 and Mass Effect...

want to buy 2nd one... but need to save up some money first  :doh:

currently playing Saint Row The Third, aaand waiting for Sniper Warrior 2  :)

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1874 on: April 10, 2013, 01:41:00 AM »
Just finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune earlier today. It was good. Finished it too quickly in my opinion. If I plan on getting Tomb Raider I might be getting the same outcome. Now I can't decide what to play next. Assassin's Creed? Batman: Arkham City? Uncharted 2? I've got 2 months to wait until I get my hands on The Last of Us.

Offline Leighh1

• ecchi
« Reply #1875 on: April 10, 2013, 03:19:57 AM »
Currently playing through Mass Effect 3, very near the end now, unfortunately... I don't want it to end! ha.

But I'm enjoying it a lot, will probably invest in the DLC when i'm finished it as well.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1876 on: April 10, 2013, 03:44:55 AM »
Worth downloading the Director's Cut before you reach the ending so you don't need to replay the last stage.

Playing Bioshock Infinite now. Quite enjoying it.

Offline Leighh1

• ecchi
« Reply #1877 on: April 10, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »
^ I completely forgot about the ending controversy (even though I remembered reading about it as soon as I finished), so ended up playing it through with the original ending.

Can completely understand the uproar, the most ambiguous ending i've ever experienced. Will play it through with the extended cut endings at some point tonight.

The ending doesn't change my opinion of the other 95% of the game though, beautifully atmospheric game.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1878 on: April 13, 2013, 11:18:22 PM »
Just beat Bioshock Infinite. :)

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #1879 on: April 14, 2013, 05:46:52 AM »
^
How you manage to end up smiley face with such a sad ending? :?
(believe me, there are actual players who actually cried)

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fullarmor - Zion