JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Pe`z - Hanafubuki

Author Topic: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)  (Read 314251 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)
« Reply #840 on: June 21, 2008, 02:52:05 PM »
^ Been meaning to buy GRID. What's your recommendation?

Got the Special Edition of Crisis Core yesterday, which can be seen here. Very sexy package. Hearing the remixed boss battle song when the Behemoth appears got me so pumped full of wonderful nostalgia :D

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #841 on: June 22, 2008, 04:36:34 PM »
Finished Bioshock while ago and now I'm playing Mass Effect and Gears of War. I'll probably install GRID and COD4 tomorrow.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #842 on: June 22, 2008, 11:36:22 PM »
^ Been meaning to buy GRID. What's your recommendation?

Got the Special Edition of Crisis Core yesterday, which can be seen here. Very sexy package. Hearing the remixed boss battle song when the Behemoth appears got me so pumped full of wonderful nostalgia :D
GRID's actually good..I would like to play GT5 Prologue, but I'll probably wait until the full edition comes out this year(hopefully)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #843 on: June 23, 2008, 04:41:31 AM »
I've gone back to Vice City  8)
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #844 on: June 25, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »
I am playing Assassin's Creed, COD4 both on the 360 and Lunar Knights on the DS.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #845 on: June 26, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »
Peggle - saving my sanity during class.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #846 on: June 26, 2008, 05:49:23 PM »
I've become obsessed with Animal Crossing DS again. I can't help it!

Plus, I'm a "dirty time traveler" so the game doesn't get boring.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #847 on: June 26, 2008, 10:18:18 PM »
You should come visit my village mini :D

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #848 on: July 07, 2008, 10:58:59 AM »
Golden Axe and Sonic 1 and 2.. going old school  :)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #849 on: July 09, 2008, 08:29:20 PM »
Pangya~!

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #850 on: July 09, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
Finished playing Zelda: phantom hourglass

Nice style BarrieV

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #851 on: July 09, 2008, 11:30:02 PM »
i was playing to make backups in CD´s... no good guess i reallyneed an external HD... oh and i´m playing FFVI or III ? whatever, is the same awesomes

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #852 on: July 10, 2008, 01:33:25 AM »
I finished Persona 3! Finally...after one year... Now onto Persona 3 Fes.

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #853 on: July 11, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »
sims castaways on my nu PSP yall~! IT rocks. I got a mr moonlight background :)
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #854 on: July 12, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
Football Manager. Fuck yeah, Helsingborg IF!

Also, some Puzzle Quest RPG shit.

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #855 on: July 12, 2008, 04:26:49 PM »
I got a new PSP and my bro is getting himself games, assuming I'd llet him play.... Well he can get all the games he wants. Whether HE gets to play them though is a whole different matter XD anyway, he got this stupid God of war game that is sort of ok but seeing him play all the other ones it's just.... not novel in the least. It's the usual bash with a sword until they freakin die kind of game and it's not in the least bit original so if I had to rate it I'd give it maybe a 2 or 3 out of 10.

The soundtrack is shitty, the monsters are the basically the same as in all the other games. The dude is just as ugly and overcompensating as in all the other games, the chicks he gets with just as topless... but there was a new bit! I remember in the start this bit where he's with these two chicks and instead of lying side by side or something waiting for him, it looked like they were starting the party without him which made me crack up and increas the score of this game to 4 stars, out of funniness XD

The hero Kratos (which isn't even a Greek name as far as I remember... I mean it's not like you'd walk down Kato toumba and hear an oldie calling out "KRATOS, COME BACK AND FINISH YOUR HOMEWORK" or something. So I'm still kinda pissed off at the illiteracy and not even close to an understanding of Greek culture @_@ ( I hope that smiley looks like an eye-rolling one :)

I hate how this is supposed to be set in Greece yet nothing about it screams Greece to me. And it doesn't coincide with any other ancient Greek representations as seen in movies and such. For example, there hasn't been (so far) any other famous Greek warrior. This game seems solely focused on the gods of ancient Greece, having mentioned them a gazillion times, and created eerie bloodties that were unheard of before and are probably just bullshit or made up for example, Apollo's sister (actually I don't think they even called him that ).....

This would remove a star but I'm feeling generous today.

The gameplay is the same but at least the weapons have deviated a little. This time around there's a shield and a few combos which I think are new. It's amazing how of all the things they could change in a game that has a series of predecesors, they choose to alter the comfort zone and thus make you play a whole diferent game in the button mashing sense but it still feels like the same crap when you actually look at the screen.

Anyway... it's ok I guess. I was really bored in the toilet and the only inspiration I got was for a story i don't think I'm good enough to write and I got it from this game so I guess.... it's ok I guess. But if I had a choice I'd play some racing or sports game!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #856 on: July 12, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »
^sweeety

Name of Kratos is right. Think it's cos in Greek mythology they also spell it as Cratos (which is the version I remember). :oops:
A titan?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #857 on: July 13, 2008, 01:41:36 AM »
Never played GOW for PSP so I can't comment but GOW 1 & 2 for the PS2 were awesome! I personally liked the story, it didn't follow the greek myths be the letter, the games formed their own mythology with Kratos tied to it and there were some really epic moments throughout. Who can forget fighting the Hydra for the first time? Or the colossus? Ares? Perseus? Theseus? Quality stuff right there.

It also helps that it's unrelentingly brutal. Crushing Theseus' skull with a door, ripping Medusa's head off with your hands, impaling the Hydra through the eye with a spike. :evil:

No new games at the moment for me. Have one eye on Lost Odyssey though. Would anyone recommend it?

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #858 on: July 13, 2008, 10:34:13 PM »
I'm starting to play SOCOM 2: U.S. NAVY SEALS on PS2 again.

btw, does anyone know any good 2-player shooting game for ps2? 
I'm interested....

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #859 on: July 17, 2008, 08:51:47 AM »
it was really easy... even I finished it. And I did it in less than two days.. about 4 hours for two days and I don't recommend it. It was like playing a really really easy puzzle that only took up 8 hours. But I guess it was allright.

And Cratos or Kratos was not the real god of war.. That was Ares. And the big bad in this one was a freakin chick who although had maaaad skills and looked awesome, was not even someone that well known. In fact some people would be like "whaaat? huh? Who is she?" Well, She is Persephone, the wife of Hades and female ruler of the underworld. She was the daughter of the Goddess of fertility and seasons and such and she was stolen by Hades.

She ate his fruit from his tree, the Pomegranate. And because of that she couldn't leave the underworld. After a while though the gods came to a compromise and for half a year she was allowed to be above ground with her mother and half the year she spent with her husband. The half of the year she spent above ground was from Spring up to Autumn and that was the two warmest seasons because her mother was happy and her family was united and stuff. When she went down to her husband through the seasons of Autumn and Winter the world became cold and sad..

And that's how the seasons were born :)

But I'd still rather play a game about someone better... like Hercules or Oddyseus. Or even Leonidas from 300... but I don't really get games.. I have too much homework and stuff and mum wont let me get stuff untilll I'm up to date. And it sucks but the upside being my bro gets games all the time, I never get bored.... well I do get bored very often but I have heaps of stuff to play.

but it's annoying cause he freakin gets stuff he likes and it's stuff I hate and it's bugging me cause i'm stuck playing games I hate like GOW. And I hate them but I play them anyway because either Im stuck on some other game or I can't find where I put htem etc. you know.. Plus I just get lazy sometimes. But I hate opening my psp to find GOW or some other new gay game like prince of persia or something and I'm like "YO, whose PSP do you think this it?" but he's like "C'mon!" and I'm like "whateva".... and I think he's trying to download stuff on it.. but I dunno.....

But I hate the way he hogs my stuff. Like how is it that everytime I find a good interesting new fic he suddenly needs the internet....... and how come my PS2 was usually surrounded by my PS2 games because his would be inside it and he would be playing them. And as if that's not bad enough he's always bugging me with trying to play GH on my wii.. He's reeeeeeeeeally annoying. Instead of geting consoles he says he wants to get, he waits till I get them and then just gets a gazillion fuckin shitty games for them and fills up my memory cards and my mum of course does nothing cause god forbid she lift a fuckin finger.. no that would be heresy! anwyway, I really get annoyed with him when it comes to games and that.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Pe`z - Hanafubuki