JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan

Author Topic: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)  (Read 314323 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)
« Reply #940 on: January 04, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »
I've gone back to playing Sims 2 after a 3 year absense.  I'm gonna stop though because I'm not getting anything out of it  (Just waiting for Sims 3 :P )
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #941 on: January 05, 2009, 06:51:40 AM »
Moved from killing French/British soldiers to climbing walls, towers, pickpocketing, and assassinating people.  boo yah!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #942 on: January 05, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »
Sonic Unleashed and Dissidia: Final Fantasy! :muffin:

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #943 on: January 23, 2009, 11:03:46 PM »
since GOW2 just got a patch now, me buyz it. :P
Will catch up on gaming in the 4-day chinese new year holiday starting this Sunday. mwahaha~ :on cny2:
still need to work half-day for Sat.  :cry:

P.S. Watching Gamecenter CX made me go all nostalgic, find ROMS, and begin playing Zelda 3 again!
Just got the master sword. Schwing~ And weirdly enough. It still feels so darn fun! I wub it!! :wub:

P.S.S. TV-Nihon is subbing Gamecenter CX. Show about retro-gaming with the host, Arino. Main segment has him trying to beat games from the days of NES.
You're a gamer? You haven't watched it? You need to watch it. go! :lol:
(try the torrents, gamecenter cx section. or forum, direct download, gamecenter cx section)
http://tvnihon.com/

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #944 on: January 23, 2009, 11:10:48 PM »
Mirror's Edge  :cow:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #945 on: January 25, 2009, 06:44:22 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on the PSP.

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #946 on: January 25, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
still : GTA 4
new : Sacred 2
both for PC
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #947 on: January 26, 2009, 12:02:50 AM »
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII for the PSP  :ptam-ok:

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #948 on: January 26, 2009, 12:07:09 AM »
After messing around too long, I finally ordered GRID. Can't wait.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #949 on: January 29, 2009, 12:25:51 AM »
Parappa the Rapper for PSP :D

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #950 on: January 29, 2009, 04:22:25 AM »
Nice! How is that mode? I see it in the UMD Classics Store.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #951 on: January 31, 2009, 12:57:19 AM »
I would say that, if your a fan of the original for the PS1 (and/or Parappa 2 for PS2), than I would definitely recommend the PSP version. You can also play downloadable remixes of the orginal songs. As for new players, it's a fun and catchy rhythm game.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:16:07 AM by mode107 »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #952 on: January 31, 2009, 01:25:11 AM »
Picked up the last copy in a game store for Ninja Gaiden II for £10. Bargain though it's kicking my ass :doh:

Offline jhluva

• Member+
« Reply #953 on: February 06, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »
I'm replaying Fatal Frame 2 and 3 on nightmare mode.. because I'm insane. I think I've replayed these games way too many times!

I'm also playing Kingdom Hearts Re; Chain of Memories, but I got bored of fighting in room after room so I'm taking a break.
~*~HAPPY PRINCESS SPARKLES... OR SOMETHING~*~

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #954 on: February 07, 2009, 01:33:34 AM »
Got my first full 1000points on an xbox game. And it was none other than Idolmaster: Live For You. (do I get an otaku badge? :twothumbs)
bought it a year ago. And took till now for me to get into the mind-sync to get the remaining points. :P

Which makes me want to say, I really don't see myself ever trying to get full points for any other game I have.

Most of them are plain stupid. 3-5 repeated play-thoughs, playing hard/very hard/ harder than very hard hard/near-hell, win 20 rounds of blah blah online, doing repetitive chores like planting 20000 plants, kill the 200 grasshoppers found throughout the continent.

I actually like getting the achievement messages, kinda giving the pat on the back after each boss, big fight, or crazy stunt. But most of them are so tedious/boring, I wished the developer of some games was locked in a room till they could get the full 1000 for their game and come out saying it was fun. they'd look like  :bleed eyes:

Which makes me get back to IM@S. The 1000points were from 3 simple things.
- use all characters
- use all the songs a few times
- do an ok job playing the music game
It was clear-cut stuff. And most important was it was fun doing it.

Me talks too much. me go and get killed continuously by shotguns in GOW2 again. :lol:
(at least till SF4/Bio5 comes out)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #955 on: February 07, 2009, 02:47:40 AM »
^ While I agree with you, I find getting the achievements pretty satisfying. Particularly if they come to you by surprise. But I was a complete game whore for DMC4. I was more than willing to kill 10,000 bad guys, 100,000 red orbs and proud souls, all missions cleared in every difficulty level at the highest ranking, all secret missions, all items and all 101 stages of Bloody Palace done XD

Though if you like achievements that are fun and easy to get, I'd say Fable 2 is the best for that. You don't even have to do them yourself, if you're in co-op with someone else you could just look at them do it, and you still earn it. But some of the achievements are good fun like
- Killing a rabbit
- Throwing a party
- Getting people drunk
- Having an orgy
- Taunting bandits during battle

XD

Oh and Ninja Gaiden 2 is bloody difficult, even on Path of the Warrior! I'm by no means an expert on NG Black, but I didn't think this would kick my ass. Sometimes it all feels a bit cheap, but it's very satisfying pulling off some sweet combos. But even Mission 3 is tough! God only knows how I will do with the Greater Fiends XD

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #956 on: February 07, 2009, 01:09:59 PM »
Totally agree on Ninja Gaiden 2. It was bloody hard, but also feels great when taking down those bosses.
I think I did a fist-pump, or high fived the guy next to me in most of those moments. :P

Which reminds me of a great moment in gaming. Spoiler Alert. Don't highlight the black until you've beat the Chapter 7 boss Fiery Armadillo.

My cousin played and beat the giant Fiery Armadillo and was going to high-five me [bgcolor=#000000], while I screamed "PICK UP THE CONTROLLER!!". He was too late and poor Ryu blew up with the boss.[/bgcolor]
Then me pointing at him laughing ensued for ~10 minutes. :lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #957 on: February 07, 2009, 02:36:36 PM »
Wohooo I finally finished Rule of Rose this week, awesome game. I understand what all the reviewers dislike about the game, but the atmosphere, the setting, the characters and story make it all perfect for me, I loved it  :heart:

But now I don't know what I should play next. Finishing Fatal Frame 3 would be a good thing, but I haven't touched that one in like forever, it's gotten so boring after a while.
Or maybe Wild Arms 4 or Rogue Galaxy or Persona 3... argh, decisions, decisions  XD

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #958 on: February 08, 2009, 01:04:25 PM »
Picked up The Simpsons Game. Should be entertaining for at least a couple hours.

edit: One hour into the game and it's already annoying the living crap out of me. Horrible gameplay. Luckily I got it very cheap. (now I know why  :lol:)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:17:06 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #959 on: February 08, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »
FIFA '09

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan