JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Hashiru

Author Topic: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)  (Read 314255 times)

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)
« Reply #1620 on: January 01, 2012, 05:24:55 AM »
^Just beat it.  I had the same feeling initially.  Too much shit going on at once.  A super important mission is going down and then all of a sudden a phone rings and I have to do that, and then I'm on a time limit and as I'm doing it some distress flare radio transmission pops up, and along the way there are riddler trophies and puzzles everywhere.

Its up to you to choose what to do.  After being overwhelmed with all that nonsense I just stuck with the main story and took me about 6 hours to beat.  It was awesome.  Now I can relax and tackle side missions to clean up Arkham City.

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1621 on: January 01, 2012, 07:39:10 AM »
I just finished it last night too! (if playing till 7am counts as last night.. :P)
I really liked the story, with its nice twists.
And the "Scarecrow-like" dreamy sequences all over the game. Can't get enough of 'em. :heart:
Dunno if i'd do all the sidequests though. I did most of the ones available, but getting all the puzzles for riddler is gonna take really long for an idiot like me. :banghead:

LOL at ending song. :lol:

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1622 on: January 01, 2012, 08:03:10 AM »
Still playing Batman: Arkham City, I am stuck on a Boss fight: I hate that! (and boss fights in general)
If I cannot find a way around it soon I'll start with a PS3 game (Neptunia) I bought months ago.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1623 on: January 01, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »
^ Stuck as in you don't know what to do or you know what to do but it's difficult?

I agree that the whole drive behind Arkham City is a little conceited. Especially Strange's 'Protocol 10 will commence in 4 hours' countdown because you can play the game for 20 hrs not doing any story stuff and nothing happens. Not only is that going on but Batman is on his own race against the clock, yet you can still choose to spend it hunting down Riddler trophies (like I did). Wouldn't you think he'd want to get himself sorted out first? :lol: The only way you can make that kind of story drive work is if you look at FFXIII which had a similar story structure, instead they combated it by removing any side stuff completely and make it linear as hell.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:06:01 PM by Tuffty »

Offline TheLinkin0213

• Member+
« Reply #1624 on: January 01, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
C&C3 Tiberium Wars

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1625 on: January 01, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
Still playing Batman: Arkham City, I am stuck on a Boss fight: I hate that! (and boss fights in general)
If I cannot find a way around it soon I'll start with a PS3 game (Neptunia) I bought months ago.

What boss? I remember the only places I was stuck in was trying to find my way back out of Wonder City back to Arkham City, and finding that single manhole sewer cover to progress near the end.  I also game over'd during a Catwoman portion by going the wrong way and walking out the door....

Dat Neptunia.  Beat that game in a week...true ending and all...have 2 copies of the limited edition XD.  Its mainly menu driven and the dungeon crawling is very repetitive.  I almost was completely put off by it.  Except...I couldn't stop playing.  Time to pre-order that Neptunia Mk. II in February...

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1626 on: January 01, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »

SAINTS ROW 3 XDDD

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1627 on: January 01, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »
was playing some killzone 3

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1628 on: January 01, 2012, 11:44:46 PM »
Bought Bioshock 2 and Deus Ex HR from the Steam sale, but they're on hold till I finish Skyrim.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1629 on: January 02, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »
^ Stuck as in you don't know what to do or you know what to do but it's difficult?
Yes stuck as in I know what to do, but getting the moves correct is difficult.

Its where you are back in the Steel Mill and have to fight Joker and a bunch of others.
I am now past it, but the problem was getting rid of the two big guys while fending off the others that interrupt your disposing of the big guys.  :angry:
It has to do with hitting the buttons and triggers in the correct sequence and timing (and getting out-of-the way of the cars that run through every so many seconds), which I always have a problem with.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1630 on: January 02, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
Oh yeh I remember having to try that one a couple of times too before getting it so don't feel bad!

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1631 on: January 02, 2012, 11:12:37 PM »
I used a lot of gadget attacks and evaded alot.  I still need to get that damn AR training at the steel mill.  FUCK!!! Also playing Halo Anniversary, trying to whore achievements.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1632 on: January 03, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »
gonna play moar killzone 3. campaign is getting pretty interesting and i've been neglecting the 'station for too long

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1633 on: January 03, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »
^Great game.  Tried playing it with the move, but i guess my room placement was too close or my camera was off because I point at the screen and my guy constantly spins around haha.

Currently rolling through AC: Revelations.  Trying to do that 100% sync at the same time.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1634 on: January 08, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »
SpaceChem, Left4Dead2. I want to take a dip back into Lord of the Rings Online, too.

Offline NinjaBlades

« Reply #1635 on: January 09, 2012, 05:38:36 AM »
Steam totally ate my wallet. I just finished Saints Row the Third, and right now I'm on LA Noire. But I have Deus Ex and Bastion on my backlog, too.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1636 on: January 10, 2012, 01:39:31 AM »
Dead Island campaign, also MP MW3, Reach, GoW3 for XP

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1637 on: January 14, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »
Star Wars The Old Republic, TF2, just finished up the campaigns for both L4D and L4D2.

I also have to give CS:GO beta a go.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1638 on: January 14, 2012, 06:37:56 PM »
Star Wars The Old Republic, TF2, just finished up the campaigns for both L4D and L4D2.
I tried SWTOR, for three days, but man this is one horrable control interface and bad framerate 'game'  :banghead:

I have a Quad core and decent graphics card, but anything higher then 1280x720 is unusable.
And whats up with having to sign-up for subscribtion before you can start playing (ok this is probably mis information on my part, but I thought I could at least train in off-line mode first)

I am probably spoiled by XBOX and PS3 games, but if this is state-of-the-art PC games...

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1639 on: January 15, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
Whored some old Reach Firefight achievements

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakamoto Maaya - Hashiru