JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Rip Off (Korean Ver.)

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 754804 times)

Offline Sparky

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2010, 05:13:17 PM »
Hey I need the help of one of you Idoling experts!!! I really love their music but never cared much about the girls, until today XD

http://img187.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=56391_id022_123_652lo.jpg
could someone please tell me who this is???
THX
TEAM S !!!!!!!!

Offline airiRin

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~no music, no wife~
    • ngradtya
    • airirin
    • nugradtya
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »
Hey I need the help of one of you Idoling experts!!! I really love their music but never cared much about the girls, until today XD

http://img187.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=56391_id022_123_652lo.jpg
could someone please tell me who this is???
THX
Her name is Tachibana Yurika.

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
  • I'm Ai Kawashima, Idoling!!! & Ebisu Muscats Fans.
« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »
at least don't make it into the second AKB... 20 members is already overcrowded...

Don't be afraid! Idoling!!!'s major selling point is not like AKB or morning musume.

Offline Blue_Sweater

• Member+
« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »
Wow, that's a very sobering post about the possible relationship between first and second gen. Never thought that that would possibly be the reason why those four left... I still really miss the first gen. Like Silverbolt said, the interaction between those nine is just amazing. Always feel a bit sad watching the old episodes seeing Katou and others. But that's life. We move on. That being said, the current lineup is pretty awesome in itself. That raised a question though. Out of all the Japanese Idol groups in the past, what was the longest popular same-member group? I can only think of SPEED at the moment (5 years in 90s + their recent reunion). Being a fan of Japanese pop in the 2000s the only successful groups I know of are Morning Musume and AKB48 and both extensively use the graduation model. Just wonder which model has proven to work better in the past.

Also Gihren, just out of interest what did you like and not like about your Idoling!!! live experience? seeing them live has got to be near the top of my to-do list right now!

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #364 on: April 29, 2010, 12:37:55 AM »
if it's true, how about michelle ?? why did she leave the group ??
Probably because of school. Or maybe she had to go back to Australia for a little while.

I, too would like to hear more from Gihren about the Idoling!!! Shinahachi Live shows. Were they hard to get into? What "request" performances did you see?

Offline Gihren

• Member+
« Reply #365 on: April 29, 2010, 12:42:02 AM »
Also Gihren, just out of interest what did you like and not like about your Idoling!!! live experience? seeing them live has got to be near the top of my to-do list right now!

Thanks for taking note, there were many aspect I enjoyed about the 3 ShinaHachi Live I attended. What made the LIVE enjoyable was not the presence of the girls im fan of but from the girls I didn't really take note of. It goes to show that Idoling is what it is with what each member brings to the group.
Live itself consisted of about 9-10 of the Idoling members and YGA performing about a little short of a hour each with little breaks in between. The stage of Yoshimoto Price Theater was so close that even the fans in the backrow can get a good look of each member performing.
I'm having hard time putting what I feel into sentences, so im going to put them in bullet points.
Maipuru: Alot prettier in person but stoic, and did a great job being the MC and giving other members oppurtunity to shine.
Tonchan: Nice smile, nice energy, almost always in frontrow, but felt something is missing.
Yazapai: Great smile and full of character. Nicest at the Handshake event.
Fonchi: If looks could kill, she got it. If she happen to stare down ur eyes, u'd melt. Well atleast i did.
Rurika: Was not present.
Suuchan: Sweet girl, sweet smile, and really relaxing to see her.
Umeko: She was in frontrow in one of the live, and quite entertaining to watch. She got to say "Idol dakara furifuri shika kinaimon" in Shokugyo Idol song. lol
Serina: Seemed kinda of down, but was full of energy when she did Hachitama request with Yurripe. EVA opening Tenshi no Teeze. So much prettier in person.
Sakkachi: Didn't notice till handshake event, but she have such a small cute face.
Asahi: Just had her birthday, and gave a speech.
Amimi: Was more quiet then i thought, and was always stuck in backrow.
Hiichan: Looked completely nervous both live she attended, but thats her charm.
Aichan: Only got to see her once, and seemed kinda of quite.
Yurippe: Bursting with energy, doesn't get tired watching her perform. She paid alot of attention to fans at the sides, while most of the other members didnt.
Kaede: Kinda young for my taste but cute. Had to go home early cause of her age.
Sorry for making it so long, i'll be glad to tell u more in depth about the impress i got of each individual members. btw, im fan of Maipuru, Tonchan, Hiichan.

Lemme get back to u on the request song. can't get it off top of my head. person that made the request got free goods from the girls that sung, but all 3 live didn't have the person that requested it. I was hoping one of the name from here popped up so i can say something.

Offline Special Needs Tricycle

• Member+
« Reply #366 on: April 29, 2010, 03:13:06 AM »
I really don't think the first gen girls left Idoling!!! because they were dissatisfied with the group's direction. That sounds like something that would happen with a band, or something where its members have some sort of say in the group's activities, not an idol group. I'd think Michelle is probably the only one who actually wanted/needed to leave on her side. The rest were probably rotated out to keep the lineup fresh. That, and Sayaka was getting old.  :lol:

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2010, 06:51:02 AM »
The thing is.... At least from the start, Idoling!!! was not managed like a typical idol group. Idoling!!! started out as Fuji TV's temporary project to test digital distribution. So, at the end of the project's scheduled timeframe, it was up to the people involved to decide whether they would continue with the project or not, meaning that everyone had their own say in it, including the girls and/or their talent agencies.

It's very possible that the management has changed since that initial project, especially when you consider that the original project timeframe coincided with the entire 1st gen era. But, I doubt that the management makes decisions like that without the members having any say in it. The reason why I doubt that is because no one graduated this year. If the management was really in full control and wanted to adopt the "revolving door" policy for running idol groups, they would have gotten rid of some of the members when they added the 4th gen members.

Speaking of Sayaka, though... I recently saw a clip of her on YouTube from an episode of CosCosPlayPlay. She was joking around saying something like, "Idoling!!! mou sugu owaru yo." For those who can't understand Japanese, she said something like, "Idoling!!! is ending soon." Behind almost every joke is a little truth, so if there was any truth behind that, it seems like she's kind of bitter about Idoling!!! You could say that she's bitter because she was pushed out of the group, but I think it's more because Idoling!!! turned into something that she didn't want it to. She specifically stated that she wanted Idoling!!! to be those 9 people, and then what do they do? Add 9 more. XD

Offline Gihren

• Member+
« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2010, 11:03:57 AM »
I, too would like to hear more from Gihren about the Idoling!!! Shinahachi Live shows. Were they hard to get into? What "request" performances did you see?

Actually all 3 lives i attended, i bought my ticket hour prior at the entrance window for 3000yen, so the seats were available.  Though it wasn't the best seats and was located toward the back, everything was quite visible and didn't have any problem viewing the stage.
The two request i remember were Tenshi no Teeze (EVA opening) sung by Yurippe and Serina, Bonnie Pink - Tonight the Night sung by Tonchan and Fonchi (rare combo).
I can't remember the 3rd one but it had a special comedian guest, 桂三枝師匠, saidly he's suppose to be famous, but i was clueless of who he was as Kaede, who asked him "Oji-san wa nanisuru hitodesuka."
The handshake event was available for fans who bought their CD or DVD, which is availabe right outside of the concert hall.
The 4th Gen and the Producer was also there for the last two LIVE i went, watching from the Second Floor from the VIP booth.
Hope this was informative, for people thinking about attending their LIVE in the future. :otomerika:

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2010, 05:56:25 PM »
Speaking of Sayaka, though... I recently saw a clip of her on YouTube from an episode of CosCosPlayPlay. She was joking around saying something like, "Idoling!!! mou sugu owaru yo." For those who can't understand Japanese, she said something like, "Idoling!!! is ending soon." Behind almost every joke is a little truth, so if there was any truth behind that, it seems like she's kind of bitter about Idoling!!! You could say that she's bitter because she was pushed out of the group, but I think it's more because Idoling!!! turned into something that she didn't want it to. She specifically stated that she wanted Idoling!!! to be those 9 people, and then what do they do? Add 9 more. XD

which coscosplayplay is that? a recent one? Now that is something that really captures my attention.

being a 2nd gen fan, watching all the onegai fan-sama that the 1st gen keeps talking about how Idoling!!! should've been just the 9 of them really gives a mixed emotion. Even from the very beginning with that dokkiri with Maeda Ken about Idoling #10, I think that all those have traumatize the girls about having new roster... well traumatize maybe too strong a word, but yeah something along that line. "new member" was turned into something 'undesireable' from the very beginning. You know, just like the 4th gen reaction when they put the announcement for the 5th gen audition on the very first day of their TV debut.

I like 1st gen as a team, they had always this image of a team player in the group. 2nd gen is still very mixed up, 3rd gen is probably the next team player (but that's simply because there are only 3 of them) and 4th gen is looking to be like 2nd gen to me. Even with 4 of the main (I do believe these 4 are the core of 1st gen) 1st member has left, 1st gen is still looking good as a team. Gotta give kudos to the girls, especially since the total contrast between pre and post major graduation but yet they still manage to keep their foothold in the group and still grab attention.

Offline kiikoi

• LOL!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #370 on: April 29, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
^ i remember there was a similar clip like that one year ago, sayanee was also saying those exact same words  :?

speaking of graduations mycom journal messed up with their article about that musical hii is having a major role with.
they've mistaken her as a former member of the group...i guess we have a candidate for graduation on may 3? jk  :lol:

initial article w

corrected article
http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2010/04/27/030/index.html

Offline Blue_Sweater

• Member+
« Reply #371 on: April 29, 2010, 06:10:36 PM »
Thanks for sharing your thought with us. I really enjoy reading your description of each girls in the live. Since there is so little stuff written on the girls out there on the net comparatively, any insight or writing of Idoling!!! is much much appreciated:) Would definitely like to read more on it. Also how were the fans in general? Apart from Yazawa, did any other girls become more of a favourite after seeing them live?

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2010, 08:13:17 PM »
I just finished the episode #621, the main segment is play a gesturing game by each gen members (total 14 members appearing this episode), because the 3rd members more active and enjoy than others, so they are finally win the game.

Offline Gihren

• Member+
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2010, 11:41:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing your thought with us. I really enjoy reading your description of each girls in the live. Since there is so little stuff written on the girls out there on the net comparatively, any insight or writing of Idoling!!! is much much appreciated:) Would definitely like to read more on it. Also how were the fans in general? Apart from Yazawa, did any other girls become more of a favourite after seeing them live?

Fan ranged in age and types, but as u can tell with any Idol group it consisted mostly of Otaku-ish fan (middle-age men with buncha love). There were also college students, business men in suits, otaku girls, and just girls. Fans were very friendly and energetic, which made the LIVE very enjoyable. I highly recommend going to their LIVE if given an opportunity.

Regarding the girls, I dont really like listing girls name cause i feel its a bit biased, but I can say Yazapai, Fonchi, Suuchan, Umeko, Serina, Sakkachi, Yurippe seemed genuinely nice when i got to see them face to face at the handshake event. Also got to see Maipuru, Tonchan, and Amimi, but they seemed more of a blank smile. I dont blame them, nor do i think any less of them, maybe it wasn't their day and it is a job. Yazapai, Suuchan, and Sakkachi was very friendly. They showed interest, and also leaned forward so they can hear what fans had to say better. :otomerika:

Offline Blue_Sweater

• Member+
« Reply #374 on: May 02, 2010, 05:14:26 AM »
Thanks for further insight of your experience. I still want to go to Japan sometime in the next year so I have to make sure the trip will coincide with some sort of live event by Idoling!!! :)

It is a pretty interesting dynamics at these handshake event, I must say. For all the special attention you want them to give to you, it's still their job at the end of the day (which you very objectively take into account:) ). Being a big group at least it diversifies the chance that you will hit everyone on a bad day at the same time!

Episode 621 was pretty fun. Will be fun to see more of this generation competition in the future. They should bring back Acchi Muite Pie soon!

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2010, 04:34:35 PM »
umeko spoiling the 8th live's stage  :lol:

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2010, 09:29:13 PM »
That's actually a picture of the stage from the 7th live... Umeko just told everyone to look forward to seeing the stage for the 8th live. So, she didn't actually leak any secrets, unlike Idoling!!!'s producer Kadosawa, who regularly streams backstage footage on Ustream from his iPhone. XD

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
« Reply #377 on: May 03, 2010, 02:20:07 PM »

Idoling!!! X MENZ-STYLE Promotion, anyone will purchase this clothes?

Offline Gihren

• Member+
« Reply #378 on: May 03, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »

Idoling!!! X MENZ-STYLE Promotion, anyone will purchase this clothes?

Shoot I'd buy all of them, too bad we dont really have much access to those while in US.
They are really fashionable. U'd stand out for sure if ur dressed like that here in US.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:40:54 PM by Gihren »

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Rip Off (Korean Ver.)