JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Advantage Lucy - Glider

Author Topic: [MV] "Kissing You" Discussion  (Read 8860 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
[MV] "Kissing You" Discussion
« on: January 28, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »
Discuss Girls' Generation's 3rd MV here!
"Kissing You" was the second MV released to promote SNSD's first album.

[youtube=425,350]R6_LaMsY9zw[/youtube]
Link:

Download in the Asshole
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:48:21 AM by tama-chan »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Pen-Pen

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MV] "Kissing You" Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
My review...

Song: 8/10, it was probably one of the more stand-out songs of the album for me. Catchy, enjoyable, very light-hearted. Only problem is the song doesn't have the same kind of impact as ITNW or GG- it doesn't really build to any kind of peak or have a strong sense of progression.

Dance: 7/10,  definitely cute but not too distinct (lollipops are kinda unique I guess but those are props, not moves). Liked the two line formations as it puts the girls' numbers to good use.

Outfits/MV itself: 9/10, the girls are cute beyond words and I think the MV captures a very natural playfulness and happiness. The girls simply love being with each other and it shows! I minus-ed a point because it's a little TOO cute (a lot of the color outfits are a bit too fairy-tale and young) and I feel a little embarrassed at enjoying the MV as much as I do.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 01:49:22 PM »
Without doubt my 2nd favorite or absolute favorite out of G'G, ITNW and Kissing You.

Outfits are almost G'G class. And the girls look so fucking pretty. :wub: I mean there's a reason to I watch it at least twice when I ride the bus to / from work. :D
[/url]

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:36:39 AM »
Like I said before, the song isn't one of my favorites, it's fun and catchy but really has no substance. But since seeing the MV and dance, it has grown on me tremendously :lol: The dance may not be all that special, but with the lolipops and the outfits, it fit the song and the winter season pefectly.

The MV was pretty great, but borderlined on H!P cheepness :lol:
I thought it was going to be more colorful, but the colors sorta just bled into the white in the big polkadot room. Wouldn't actually call it a flaw really, more like a personal disappointment :lol:
I really like how it seemed that the girls weren't really being directed, but more like "We're gonna shoot you like this, do whatever you want" added alot to the fun. I also like the giant pink chair, which compliments Tiffany perfectly.

And then there's Dong*whateverhisnameis*... who I hardly ever pay attention to XD
Guess he's just an extra treat for that fangirlies.

Offline MikiBird

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »
This song did not interest me at first...but after i watched the MV, i fell in love with it.
They were so pretty with those outfits and dance (although its quite simple). And the polka dot room was so cute.
SooYoung was funny trying to fit the shoe...lol

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 12:28:31 AM »
The Kissing You song has been stuck in my head for weeks now.  I can't get over how good SeoHyun looks in the vid, something about her hair covering her ears a bit.

And that DongHae dude reminds me of Wentz.

Offline alterna

• Taeyeon ♥
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 06:29:35 AM »
What I liked the most in this PV:

- The dance. Which is better than the Girls' Generation PV dance.
- The outfits. :heart: Especially TY's red outfit and Yuri's green outfit.
- Sooyoung getting mad, haha.
- Tiffany and the guy scene on the chair!

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
I didn't liked the song at first but I knew Donghae was going to change my opinion  :roll:. Actually, is a cute song.
The MV was really cute! It was so colorful and pretty. The dance is nice and everyone's styles are good. Donghae made a great couple with everyone and I think he makes me like the MV more (duh, he's my fav SJ member since always).

10/10~

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 11:00:25 AM »
I didn't get to watch the PV all the way through yet, it wouldn't load for me on YT XD

But it made me listen to the song on the album more, while I searched for a PV download instead, and I'm really loving the song. I skipped over most of the album before, and only listened to their first few singles, but after now discovering the goodness that is Kissing You, I'm gonna have to go through the album again to see if there are anymore missed gems. (So far I can only listen to Ooh La-La!, Kissing You, Girls' Generation and Into the New World) ^^;;

Hope the PV is just as cute as the song is, though I'm sure it will be. :heart:

Offline Susu123

• YamaP's Pimp~!
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »
Actually my favorite of their Music Videos. And it's all thanks to Dong-hae :heart:

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 06:03:48 AM »
Just wanna say that THEY FINALLY STARTED PLAYING THE MV HERE!!! WOOHOO!!! :w00t:

:lol:

Offline YukiFuckingYearsOld

• Kel loooves Orange Soda :P
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
Really cute.The outfits are cute,the dance is cute,the sing is cute...
7/10 because of the Donghae/Tiffany Moments.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 01:54:08 AM »
Woa 3 year bump!

Easily one of the best Kpop songs since I've been following (we more songs like this please!). The MV is pretty bare bones but the making of was great, since they were super hyper. :P The lollipops are pretty iconic too me thinks. Funny they had to switch to fake ones because the real ones kept becoming flying missiles. :lol:

Offline soshi09

• ecchi
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »
Bright and cute in old time T_t

Offline efankill

• ecchi
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 09:03:16 AM »
i prefer this kind os song and mv for them over the sexy dark thingy they've been doing  :smhid

Offline nearzss

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »
this mv represent a lovely and cuteness of everyone :D

Offline sooyoungfanboy

• ecchi
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »
What I personally really liked about this MV was the use of instruments, like the girls formed their own band or something!
They obviously weren't playing for real, but it just looked totally cute and entertaining.. The dance was nice, but I didn't really dig the lollipops for some reason. As for their outfits, the big shirts were awesome, but the white christmas-like outfits kind of creeped me out.. Don't ask why, they just did.

All in all Kissing You is a great song with a great music video, I wish they'd make more of these with the cute en fun stuff, instead of only an (awesome) dance in front of a bigass futuristic set.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Advantage Lucy - Glider