JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chirinuruwowaka - Tonbo

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 319088 times)

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [KOR] Wonder Girls
« Reply #280 on: September 18, 2008, 06:48:49 AM »
If Yoobin happens to speak about a rabid yet awesome korean chick in any interview...
She'll be talking about me LMAO

Sorry, I just gotta brag the fact I'll be going to chusok to see both of the WG performance~
Hopefully I'll get to actually meet them and get an autograph or something~
>;P I'll take lotsa' pictures for you guys~

I'm not jealous... I'm not.  ... :banghead:

LUCKY!

If you do get to meet them, please, please, PLEASE tell them how much we love them here at JPH!P. PLEASE. :D

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #281 on: September 18, 2008, 07:22:12 AM »
trust me, you're not  :lol:

He hasn't finished his sentence yet. He meant to say "Trust me, you're not a male."

rofl
 thanks for corrected me

I'm new in wonder girls fanclub, I love their music and PV and the girls are really hot  :drool:

bienvenue à toi :cow:

no one can resist their hot charm

... almost

Don't listen to tama!

I'd say something about liking hot girls to support myself, but I see that would prove nothing in this forum :lol:

Yoobin <3

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #282 on: September 18, 2008, 09:33:57 AM »
Don't listen to tama!
blasphemy  :tama-mad:

MV preview <3

Offline emifebruary

• 大谷雅恵 is love
  • Member+
« Reply #283 on: September 18, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »
^ If your favorite is the second from the left, you mean Sun Ye. You have good taste! She's very talented.  :heart: In order of left to right, the girls are Yoo Bin, Sun Ye, So Hee, Sun Mi, and Ye Eun.

My favorites are in this order: Yoo Bin, Sun Ye, Ye Eun, Sun Mi, and So Hee. But I love all the girls because they each add something really great to the group. :)

Welcome to the fanclub! The more the better. :D

Thanks for you help   :heart:
Sun Ye is so beautiful and talented  :wub: but I like all the girls too.
The new MV seems great even if the song really doesn't fit it.

MELON KINENBI............THE POSSIBLE................WONDER GIRLS
Thanks mini*wheat and genericpaperdoll

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »
Quote from: coolsmurf
The track listing for the Wonder Girls 4th project is out on Wonderful Daum and likely to be official. Translations are as it is. Title track is indeed Nobody.

Following on the heels of Tell Me (Dance Pop from mid/late 80’s) and So Hot (Synth Pop from early 80’s), Nobody will complete the 3-part retro trilogy with a Motown girl group sound from the 60’s and 70’s for their 4th project.

Nobody is inspired by songs from Motown girl groups in the 60’s and 70’s like Supremes ‘You Keep me hangin’ on’, Martha & The Vandellas ‘Dancing in the Streets’, The Ronettes “Be my Baby’ and The Crystals ‘Da Doo Ron Ron’.

1. Nobody (title)
2. Goodbye (feat. 2PM Junsu)
3. Nobody (ballad ver.)
4. So hot (inst.)
5. That night on that street…

D-Day is set for 22nd September, 9am (KST) where it will be released digitally. Pre-orders for Korean fans starts now till 22nd and the album would be released on 30th September. For international fans, the mini-album is now available for pre-order at YesAsia.com and is known as Wonder Girls: The Wonder Years - Trilogy with the release date set at 2nd October.

Please do buy their album to show your support.

credit: Wonderful Daum + WG China + Lazenca0

Sooo, here's what I think. The song that we heard in the teaser is the ballad version of Nobody, but it is actually the normal (upbeat, dancable) version that is being used for the MV. So they gave us a taste of it without actually letting us here the version that's going to be released as an MV.  :P Sneaky, sneaky JYP.

... And So Hot (inst.)? What? Is that like... just the instrumentals, or an Ayumi Hamasaki deal (like when she set her entire My Story Album to a classical instrumental sound)? It's kind of random.

Edit: I JUST PRE-ORDERED. YAY. :D It was only like $11.99 at YesAsia! That's a good deal.  :heart:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:50:01 AM by Pharadox »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2008, 12:04:55 PM »

Edit: I JUST PRE-ORDERED. YAY. :D It was only like $11.99 at YesAsia! That's a good deal.  :heart:
same here
only 8.30€ XD

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #286 on: September 20, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »
The most interesting part of that article to me, is that they called So Hot 80's synth pop... It might have had some synths and it was pop music... but as someone who likes 80's synth pop/new wave, there was nothing that felt 80's synth pop about it... But that's old news so I'll get over it.

Anyways, it's also interesting that they picked a mainly vocal genre for their new song. Only Ye Eun I think can pull that vocal style off. I hope that they stick to the traditional one or two leads and the rest sing harmonies. But I'm sure they'll add some catchy dance to it that'll get all the fanboys/girls raving.

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2008, 07:17:28 PM »
Dance Version of 'Nobody'

Not sure about this, I'm sure if I listen to it more than once, I will like it. But I didn't felt it like the Ballad :(. I loved the ballad on the teaser... :heart:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »
Wow, it may just be me, but that seems REALLY fast... how the hell are they gonna dance while singing to that :?
I really loved the ballad as well, this isn't too bad but different from what we had already heard :lol:
I hope they kinda mix it up during promotion and use both versions kinda equally.
I'm sure I will love it :)

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2008, 09:12:05 PM »
I think the problem with the dance version is that the instrumentals just aren't catchy. They're kind of annoying. But the ballad version was just so full of absolute WIN that it's going to be hard for the dance version to compare, I think. We don't get to hear them promote ballads very often, so it was really a great change of pace. It would be really cool if they could mix up the versions a little in live performances.

But as always, Yoo Bin's rap part was THE BEST. I love her.  :heart: She just can't go wrong.

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2008, 03:21:21 AM »
FULL MV!!!!

Gotta watch it, I will edit with my thoughts later :P

edit:

O.M.G. This was what I was talking about!!!! Indeed a great MV with a nice song. ROFL JYP. XD. But seriously, Yeeun? Amazing. Sunmi got more lines!! Sohee did too. I do know Sohee has voice. If not, then how pull off Irony?. JYP makes them sing in a different way, not making notice of their nice voices, makes Sohee go "all cute" because IT WORKS. If JYP makes them sing on the normal way they do, Sohee will do great. If you notice, it goes from cute sohee to good voice sohee :P. Sunye did a nice job too :). I really want the girls to do well since I don't want people to go "omg they can't sing", because I know WG have voices. ROFL, so biased but it's true!.

I want nobody, nobody but you~~.

But honestly, I love the ballad version more XD.  I didn't spotted Jaebum (from 2PM)...gotta re-watch it XD
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:33:01 AM by Pinkosa »

Loser87

« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2008, 04:11:27 AM »
Okay...So I just came back from Queens..
And I just gotta' say, The Wonder Girls are so much hotter on stage than on any youtube vid/tv screen lol.

I'll tell you guys practically what happened..
It was both the greatest thing that happened and the worst event ever..

So, I arrive at queens at around 2 p.m.
We, (me and my friends) immediately head over to where the stage were, to get good seats
Unfortunately rabid NYC wonder girl fans were already there since like..8-10 a.m. o(=A=ll)o

We, sit down eat our lunch blah, blah, blah..
This Radio station host for a korean radio show talks for about 2 hours straight..
Getting up all anticipated for nothing by saying things like,

"Wonder Girls and JYP will show in 4 minutes!"

When really it took about an hour or so for the actual performance to start.
Then the dude keeps annoying everyone with stupid attempts for people to cheer for him and asking if they like his antics..

The performance starts and there are just crowds or enormous tall people gathering towards the front
Short people are out of luck if they want to be up front
Because rude tall teenage boys decide to barge into the front
And adults and really old people decide to bring chairs up front and stand on them for a better view...

(The power of the wonder girls I tell you)

Even so, we were still pretty far away from the stage..

The only crowd of people fortunate enough to get close seats that's literally front row are the VIP seats..
Reserved for those church committee members and their family/friends

So the performance starts.
Miss. Info of Hot 97 shows up to be the MC and introduces the JYP crew that are finally gonna perform!
They started performing at about...3:30-4.

First up was Min!
Her performance consisted of 2 songs and there was the typical sexy dancing.
After her performance she talked to the crowd thanking them and such..

Then came G-Soul
Singing a love ballad
Then a collab with Min I think..
Afterwords, he did the same thing as Min, thanking the crowd and stuff..

After G-Soul was this chick...
I forgot her name but she was like working with Ne-yo?
did like 3 songs and thanked the crowd then left the stage..

Then FINALLY, the reason why so many came to this festival
The Wonder Girls finally appear on stage!
They were all so hot and cute as usual~

They just showed up and started performing Irony
Unfortunately Yoo Bin's mic was sorta' broken or something...
The DJ there was doing a really crappy job with the music too..
So the crowd was screaming for a mic change for Yoo Bin~

After Irony they talked to the crowd, thanking them for showing up/supporting them

Then they wanted the crowd to interact and sing along the chorus of So Hot
They performed that and Yoo Bin's mic was fixed and when her rapping part came..
It was just so damn sexy LOL

For Some reason I think Ye Eun left the stage momentarily into the VIP crowd..
I think either she forgot something or she dropped something lol.
Either way her leaving the stage got the crowd close to the stage exit screaming trying to get her attention

After So Hot, they did Tell Me
Everyone in my section of the crowd was singing along and when So Hee
did her Omo! People freaked lol.
Actually, whenever So Hee came further up the stage
The crowd got crazier for her (showing just about how many were So Hee fans lol)

So yeah, later they did like a 10 sec. dance for Nobody lol
Then just left the stage.

As soon as they left, A huge mass of crowd left too leaving this huge empty space here and there..
JYP showed up to perform but...not a lot of people seemed all that interested in him LOL.

The pro of this event was that
The concert was free
and
The Wonder Girls were there.

The cons...

Not enough chairs for people..
It was extremely crowded so it was hard to get a decent pic..
People were really rude
the DJ sucked and messed up on the background music
And some of their mics didn't even work.

Oh, yeah The Wonder girls also sang ee babo lol forgot to mention that..

One more con, JYP Hogged the friggin' show!
the other artists had about an hour to share between themselves..
While JYP performed until the end of the event >_>...

I have pics but they're not that great..I'll post 'em in my blog later lol..
Tonight I'm just really exhausted..

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2008, 05:14:18 AM »
Awesome report L87!  Sounds like you had a blast, and even if there were rude people, they're all fans of WG, so they were there for the same reason you were.  I'm not saying its ok, but sometimes those are the breaks.  Seeing them live and in person would be totally worth it for me tho!  I'd have screamed at the "omona!" too!!  :lol:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2008, 11:03:44 AM »
^:lol: about that JYP event. No amount of fanboyism will have gotten me to think that an enjoyable experience. But at least it was free, so maybe it would be totally worth it other than paying with hours of your day.

Anyway, about the song.
This is actually the first song from them I dig. Fuck catchy, this song actually sounds good. Nice beat and vocals. Love the 8-bit part in Yoobin's rap, my favorite part, and it has nothing to do with Yoobin if that's what you're thinking :P . I'm actually complimenting a WG song. :lol: Still changes nothing from what I think of their singing though.

As for the vid. Other than the funny intro, it was boring as hell. :lol:

And JYP got moves! :lol:

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
^ Okay, the song is growing on me. I think it helps hearing the full version and the MV is really beautiful. JYP cracks me up.  :lol:

It's kind of strange the way that the song just abruptly ends after Yoo Bin's rap. I keep expecting there to be one more chorus.

I still think it would really great if they mixed in a little of the ballad version in live performances... you know, like start out with the ballad and midway through, kick it up a notch. Because the ballad version is so beautiful.

And I have to admit, So Hee sounds really good in this. We'll see how she does live.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »
I'm still iffy on the verses, but the chorus has grown on me and I love that part now :heart:
It does end pretty suddenly... I don't know, gotta listen a few more times to win me over completely but meh, it's WG, it won't be hard for me to fall in love with the song completely soon :P
Sun Ye looked gorgeous :wub: Ye Eun sounded fabulously awesome :heart: So hee was great too and I totally didn't even notice Sun Mi (as in she didn't stand out) :o And well, Yoo Bin is always hot, that's a given :drool:

I feel a little weird watching JYP on the toilet so many times though XD

Loser, thanks so much for the report, despite all the cons, still getting to see WG live for free is a pretty nice pro :D

EDIT: Oh the Nobody dance freaks me out, almost as much as Tell Me's does XD
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:32:56 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »
Sun Ye is incredible! and Yoo Bin is just awesome!  Love the rap!  :wub:

JYP in the toilet is hilarious! FTW! :rockon:

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
^:lol: about that JYP event. No amount of fanboyism will have gotten me to think that an enjoyable experience. But at least it was free, so maybe it would be totally worth it other than paying with hours of your day.

Its all in the way you look at it, my friend.  All in the perspective.  At the end of the day, I bet I would have said, "Hey, I got to see Wonder Girls today!"  And in the end, that's the important part.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2008, 09:35:32 PM »
nice report Loser87 ! waiting for the pics ^^

made a mp3 rip and cut the intro & finish:
[SS] / [MF] / [MU]

FULL MV!!!!
But honestly, I love the ballad version more XD.  I didn't spotted Jaebum (from 2PM)...gotta re-watch it XD
the radio station guy @ 4:20~ ?

d/l: [MU] ( no subs! )
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:54:19 PM by sh15uya »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »
:lol: you linked the mp3 mf link again. ;P

thanks though

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chirinuruwowaka - Tonbo