JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fra-foa - Tsuki to Sabaku

Author Topic: [JPH!P + MM in LA] OPV Contest!! (June 19, 2009 JPN Time Deadline!!)  (Read 23576 times)

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
All you OPV makers out there, there's going to be an OPV contest!

http://www.anime-expo.org/2009/05/13/morning-musume%E3%80%82x-myspace-opv-original-promotion-video-contest/

Totally awesome, too bad I suck at video editing. XD A few prizes, too. The big one being close to 3900 bucks!

daigong edit:

The submitted materials will be judged by producer TSUNKU♂ and the members of MORNING MUSUME。 The results will be announced at the ANIME EXPO 2009 to be held in America in July!!!! :shocked:

Morning Musume。X MySpace OPV (Original Promotion Video) Contest

GO HERE: http://www.myspace.com/morningmusumeofficial :shocked:

YOU can bring out the attractiveness in MORNING MUSUME。!

MORNING MUSUME。 is collaborating with MySpace to collect OPV (Original Promotion Video) submissions!

Try making the promotion video for “3, 2, 1 BREAKIN’ OUT!” - the coupling song of MORNING MUSUME。’s 39th single “Shouganai Yume Oibito” to be released on May 13. Using a combination of the free distributional video footage of the members and other footage, make a PV to your liking by matching the video to the music clip being distributed, starting from scratch and express the image of the song with self-made animations and more!

It’s all up to your taste to see what kind of PV you can come up with.

The submitted materials will be judged by producer TSUNKU♂ and the members of MORNING MUSUME。 The results will be announced at the ANIME EXPO 2009 to be held in America in July.

This is a world-scale contest, so don’t miss out your chance to win!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:02:49 AM by daigong »

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
[JPH!P + MM in LA] OPV Contest!! (June 19, 2009 JPN Time Deadline!!)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 05:17:05 AM »
:o

No idea how to do videos, but good time to learn?

*clicks on link to get the distributed videos anyways. >.> *

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:31:34 AM »
I haven't been interested in OPVs for a long time, but I'm gonna give this a shot.

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:58:26 AM »
WOW! This a great idea on the part of Up-Front.  :thumbsup
Plus that $4000 looks mighty tempting right now! I'm gonna have some fun with this.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 11:02:47 AM »
So...I was super exciting thinking I'd have a lot of fun working on the contest only to find after downloading all 450 megs of the files that my editor doesn't accept .mov

UGH!  why...oh why couldn't they have uploaded an avi version as well.  >__<! 

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 12:41:57 PM »
^ What video editor do you have? I'm used to messing around with files to make them acceptible. ;)
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:05:39 PM »
Sony Vegas 7.0 is my editor of choice

I tried converting the files in adobe after effects and premiere pro but very bad things happened...  :ph43r:
and then there were some iffy conversion websites...

*curls up*

I'm so hoping some kind soul will be nice enough to convert the files to avi...I'd take it even if someone just threw all 82 files onto one time line and hit render in avi.   

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 01:32:19 PM »
H!P uses Macs, so I'm sure they didn't think about filetype..

But, you can use this to convert the files to avi or mpg. I grabbed it and it seems to work pretty well.

I'd be interested in this competition, but...the fact that they used a green screen makes me wonder if they want us to use it..and that's WAY above my level.. XD

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »
Yes, I'm pretty sure they want us to use the green screen.

I'll teach anyone willing to convert and send me the files in avi XD
since I happen to play with green screen or even [noembed][/noembed] a lot.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »
I thought about maybe throwing something together, but after seeing the material there's no way I can do it. I barely have a handle on PowerDirector for Windows and iMovie on Mac OS X. These softwares are hardly production quality, let alone messing with green screens. Besides, with four grand on the line, I doubt just MM fans will be trying to win. There's going to be people who have industrial strength apps fighting for that stuff. Still, everyone who wants to try should try. They may pick something that looks like heart went into it versus production value. Never know. In any case, I'm out, cuz I have no chance in either. I don't know that I could listen to that song several dozen times proof-viewing without going crazy. XD

Although, the JunJun solo shots, I could watch those all day. :heart:

Also, another good conversion tool is Handbrake. It's available for Window, Mac, and even Linux.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
I think I'll join the OPV contest... not because I'm confident or anything (far from it) but I think I won't forgive myself if I don't at least try ^_^

@Sukoshi what happened when you try converting them in premiere?
I edit using premiere, and I tried exporting the videos to avi (ntsc dv setting). they turn out ok...
I'd love to send them to you, but with my connection's upload speed of 10kb/s, it will take forever XD

If you don't mind, could you point me to some green screen tutorials? I've been trying to use the chroma key effect in premiere but it's not working too well T_T

by the way, are you guys using ntsc DV or ntsc DV widescreen setting? (like, do you eliminate the top and bottom bar in the original footage?)

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 09:52:07 PM »
[noembed]I
really
[/noembed]

Also, I know I saw this  :shocked: Berryz OPV a while ago. It was originally on Stage6, then someone moved it to YT, but I think they got their account suspended. Anyhow, it was SUPER AWESOME, like floating cubes flying everywhere, with a different video on every side, and the background being all neon outlining different videos. I hope that guy tries too.

But look back at these, I'm not sure any of them could do green-screen. Hmm, this is going to be might interesting.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:23:30 AM by Rayle »

Offline Sazaki Ren

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 12:38:23 AM »
 :shocked: I'll give it a try too - for the sake of fun and learning to actually make OPVs(it will be my first one if I do it). So far the main problem is what to do with the green screen - and the problem is not in removing it(there's plenty of tutorials on this) but in putting something in its place, since we're not allowed to use any copyrighted material(though Creative Commons license is said to be an exception). Anyways good luck to everyone - can't wait to see all those unique OPVs and let's see who's gonna win  :on GJ:

Thanks to PHARADOX for the sign :wub:
My own Art Corner
My H!P Blog

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 04:37:39 AM »
I really think this OPV contest is such a great idea. Its awesome!
I wonder how all the OPV makers reacted to the news XD
Wish I was good at making OPVs but Im not lol but I think I will try it out for fun =D.
I just need to find a free program to edit everything, etc.

@Sukoshi : Oooh I liked that A Vision of Eternity OPV you made! Also I remember watching that Morning Musume Drama video a while back and loved it! <3

Also,  :w00t: :w00t:!!! Seth Green!! Woo! *Big time Buffy fan here* Since Buffy, I loved Seth Green plus Robot Chicken is funny :lol:. Awesome news, thanks daigong.

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »
I wonder how all the OPV makers reacted to the news XD

Well, when I asked my OPV-maker girlfriend (TheKueken) if she was going to enter, she said she wasn't sure because "I can't make them make out with each other with that footage"  :lol:

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »
Well I submitted mine in which you guys and girls can watch . Not bad, given I don't know much about video editing.
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »
^ That was actually pretty good!

I may attempt this, but I have a feeling I'll get frustrated very fast. XD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »
Well, when I asked my OPV-maker girlfriend (TheKueken)
Eh? :O

she said she wasn't sure because "I can't make them make out with each other with that footage"  :lol:
Just imagine their reactions if an OPV like that showed up.
:wahaha:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline sayahchan

• I disapear from time to time, only to return in a blaze!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ava made by moi ask me for anymore.
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 03:16:58 AM »
im not sure where to post this cause it's simply an idea.  but hey.... if its not here lemme know I will put it in the right spot.

I just had a fabu Idea.

What if the forums, as a whole made a karaoke, of ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL?

and forums can elect their soloist. and we put it all together burn it on a cd and give it to the TSOONK!

I think that would be cool to show our devotion as fan forums.

feel free to pass the suggestion along.

if people agree we would only have 3 weeks to get the parts sent to me so I can mix them in garage band and master the tracks.

I am totally all for help. and what not since I have never mixed more than just myself.

please ask any questions you want just let me know what you think?

I also had posted this in JPM. if anyone is on other forums that might want to join just post this for them :P

Avatar and sig made by Kawaii Beam

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Fra-foa - Tsuki to Sabaku